MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/25/2008 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG Paint Pot....i would give this ten lippies if i could :)
I use it as a base / primer on my eyes
and if i have a pimple i use it as a concealer too because it lasts better than my studio finish concealer (that i use for my undereye circles)
(NW20, lightblonde, blue eyes)

on 7/13/2008 1:43:00 PM

I am very impressed with this product. I am a big fan of UDPP, however Painterly has slowly but surely taken it's place.. It really does a great job at brightening my pigmented eye area and it also does a great job at keeping my shadow in place. Overall A+ product because of it's multi-functional use....

on 6/24/2008 3:06:00 PM

I was hoping that this would take the place of my UDPP but that was not the case. My main issue is having my eyeliner smear. A tiny swipe of UDBB keeps it in place all day, but it smeared with just the paint pot underneath.

That being said, my liner did produce a very nice line that was easy to smudge with this stuff under it. And it did hold my shadow in place.

I also really love the smooth texture of this. I am usually just an eye makeup girl, but this creamy texture entices me to try some of mac's other face products like concealer.

I envy those who this matches their skin - I can't wear this alone since it is much too light, but I do like it to slightly brighten the inner corners of the eye.

I don't think this is really necessary in my makeup routine. I am a minimalist for everyday and I like products that multi-task. So I'll stick with UDPP for now and save this for occasions.

*Edit: I upped this to 5 lippies - I really like it. It brightens my whole eye area and my liner just glides on over it. Could be a new staple for me.

on 6/18/2008 3:04:00 PM

I love this so much. It is my base everyday. My eye makeup looks so great and stays all day. I put it on my lid and underneath my eyeliner. Perfect neutral skin tone color.

on 6/18/2008 6:38:00 AM

I just bought this and have not gone a day without wearing it. Painterly is a nude-beige and matches my NC30-35 skin perfectly. It makes a great base-
1. It has a matte finish (You can use it with any color/finish eyeshadow).
2. It goes on smooth (I think it goes on smoother when I apply it with my finger).
3. It STAYS PUT (My eyeshadow stayed INTACT even after I had gone swimming) .

on 6/14/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is really an incredible base, im amazed by this product -wow, matches my skin color nice nude shade,, keeps my eyeshadow in place all day.. This is going to be my lifelong base

on 5/30/2008 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HG! Painterly is incredible as a base. I used to use Untitled Paint but it's so dry, no matter how nicely my eye make up was done it made my lids look like they were about to crack when the wind blew.Yes, that paint made them look *that* dry! Then I found Painterly, the paint pot with heavenly creamy texture in the best nude shade that goes with any color on top of it. This doesn't crease on me at all. But then again I have normal to dry skin. Too bad if it doesn't work for you but I'll repurchase this until forever.

on 5/26/2008 6:30:00 PM

I bought this based on the reviews...I was looking for an everyday eyeshadow that would match everything, so I bought this. It is like a nude/pink. I didn't like the texture-it is very hard, dry, and sticky. It's difficult to put on and it creased on my eye lids, and it wears off. It's just not enough color, it didn't flatter me at all.

on 5/21/2008 4:07:00 AM

It has a quite dry finish on the lids (I use this as eyeshadow base) and shadows do not apply smoothly. The amount to put is very tricky--too little won't neutralize the discoloration of the lids while putting a bit more creases shadows. I don't feel that this paint pot is particularly effective in making shadow colors long-lasting at all. More serious issue with this product is that it irritates my eyes (I have sensitive skin & eyes, wearing contacts). Won't repurchase.
UPDATE: I have found that the best way to apply this product is by finger. The use of finger helps to warm up the paint pot, which makes it easier to blend and spread out. Added one lippie.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's a great base for eyeshadows. I personally don't like it as an eyeshadow because it makes me look dead on my C4 skin. However, it helps my eyeshadows stay on longer and not crease! The MA suggested this vs rubenesque because it's matte and will look good as a base for any eyeshadow. Whereas if you get a frosty/metallic paint pot and use it as a base for an everyday shadow such as a frost from MAC it will look too frosty. She stated you want different textures of eyeshadow to blend the differences and in doing so, you get better results and really eye popping makeup. I suggest this to those not familiar with paint pots or willing to try their first one. The packaging is good...however I'm still afraid I'm going to drop it and break it. But I feel the product is in there safely and will not melt or break down.

Top Rated MAC Products