MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/17/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this along with Rubenesque, and thought I'd love the shimmer p/p more but this one seems to go on much smoother, and creamier. It also is a great base for my skin tone, and it made a colour like Sumptuous Olive pop out more, than when I used any other blank base. (Using Sumptuous Olive over Rubenesque made it seem more 'Golden Olive' - not a bad thing) But I love this, and will definitely buy it again. I happen to love the little pots, and would prefer this over a tube any day.

on 4/17/2008 8:15:00 AM

This jar is huge and the amount will last me a lifetime! Painterly is a flesh toned with pink hues, matte color. It makes a great eye shadow base. The pink hues brighten up and even my lid area, and it helps my eyeshadow stay put all day! I haven't tried or bought UDPP as my eyelids are already dry. The UDPP I'm afraid would make them look crepey, so Painterly is the pick for me!

on 4/16/2008 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Now this is what I use for eyeshadow base! The girl at my MAC counter suggested I'd try this and voilá! Works like a charm! It keeps my eyeshadow where it's supposed to be and one jar lasts a lifetime.

Will definitely buy again!

on 4/6/2008 8:22:00 AM

Don't like. If you have to careful with the amount of product you apply to your eye lids. The first time I used it I think I applied a little bit too much and it made my eye area so pale. Maybe I chose the wrong color. Also, I did not find it easy to apply on lids using my finger like Urban Decay Primer Portion (UDPP). With this produce I suggest you apply it using a brush and move fast. Didn't care for the way it felt on my lids and I found it to crease. I think I will stick to UDPP and Painterly is going back to MAC this week.

on 4/5/2008 11:54:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! Without a primer or base, eyeshadow tends to fade away on me, which is a really disappointing experience when you've worked so hard on your EOTD. That will never happen to me, thanks to Painterly! It matches my skin perfectly, doesn't break out my sensitive skin, and creates a great base that holds my eyeshadow on all day. My only complaint is that it's hard to remove from a brush during a quick brush cleaning, but it isn't a problem when I'm doing a thorough cleaning. I'm going through my first pot quite quickly, and I will definitely buy it again.

This is a great base color! The first base paint I i ever bought was the color Canvas Color. I did no like the Canvas Color paint because it is just too light it is almost white!....Any eye shadow u put will not cover the light base Canvas Color, after a while the eyes shadow will come off and u will be stuck with the almost white color base on your eye lids. This Base color is really good, it is a light light brown color! Your eye shadow( shimerie or flat colored eyeshadow) stays on forever and the colors look great.

on 3/16/2008 11:04:00 AM

This was a very pleasant surprise! I'd been reading all the raves about Paint Pots, how they don't crease, great staying power, blah blah blah, but really didn't think anything could compare to UDPP which I've been using forever. I was wrong and I happily admit it--this formula rocks!! I have experienced no creasing and the color is perfect for evening out my discolored lids--did I mention this works fantastically as a concealer too? Well, it does! Plus, you get a lot of bang for the buck, I can see this pot will last me a while. This is a new staple in my cosmetic wardrobe and I will definitely be sampling more shades...I hope MAC never changes the consistency/formula and I pray to the higher power that it is not ever discontinued--I will cry. Thumbs up for this potted gem!!!

on 3/11/2008 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had always used my concealer as an e/s base. However, I have very light skin and my eyelid skin is always either red or veiny. This is pefect for evening out my eyelid and is only slightly darker than my natural skin tone. It looks good by itself for a very natural look. (Bare Study, for comparison, left my eyelids with a burning sensation, and went on very unevenly).

on 3/7/2008 7:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is probably the best buy of the year so far!

The MA who talked me into it said: " You will come back and thank me for that"-and I will!

I have to say that I only use it as a base. Nice neutral colour that makes almost all eyeshadows look wonderfull ( even the ones with less than average colour pay-off) and no creasing for more than 8 hours.

EDIT:I deducted one lippie because this product does not "co-operate" well with all eyeshadows (especially with the creamier ones like Stila or Mac veluxe pearls which happen to be my favorite)

on 3/6/2008 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Will someone please explain how I didnt life live without Painterly before? Thank goodness my co-worker turned me into it because I am the queen of hte greasy eyelids and this stuff is MAGIC! Love you MAC for your eyeshadows...(and not much else...sorry!)