August 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by auburn321

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A MAC MA recommended this product & color to me when the Paint Pots came out. It doesn't disappoint! The paint pots were long overdue after the leaky paint in the tubes. This is the color I go to the majority of the time to wear under my pigments & shadows. I have a some pigmentation on my eye lids and the cool beige color evens it all out. The cream texture is very matte and doesn't conflict with other colors. This stuff is also great on its own, especially on those days that there just isn't enough time. In months to come, I will be adding more colors of paint pots to my collection but will repurchase this color. Please note that I have had some minor problems with this product however. Some eye shadow textures (mostly non-MAC) just don't adhere properly to this paint or they crease. 90% of the time this is perfect : )

I am a NW20.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by yoganut1967

I really love this product. I bought MAC Paint in Bare Canvas a few months ago but since Painterly came out I just reach for this all the time. Great for a no makeup look. Conceals any crepe-iness and any lid discolorations. As a base, makes eyeshadow last all day.
Also wonderful for covering dark circles, just pack on, apply your regular concealer with a brush, a little powder to set and you're good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's a perfectly neutral shade for me and it makes all my eyeshadows last ALL day (12+ hours). The trick is to not put too much on your lid or it can backfire.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by jesibella

OVERVIEW:
It isnít often Iím surprised by a product. For example, I usualy hate cream eyeshadows beacause they crease on my oil-slicked lids. The new Paint Pots are quickly becoming the most used items in my make-up kit. Spooky. Here's why:

FORMULA:
Paintpots are an updated version of MACís original Paint- a cream eyeshadow in metal artistís tube. This new formula doesnít crumble, crease or sneak into fine lines. It works as a stand-alone cream shadow or a lid primer for other eye looks. Some people find Paint pots difficult to blend with a brush. I don't have too much trouble blending it in as long as I use my finger. In order to keep my pot sanitary and clean, I scoop out a dollop of product onto the lid and work from that. When it's all gone, I wipe the lid out w/ alcohol and start again.

COLOR and USES:
Painterly is a slighly pinked, matte beige, It cancels out the discoloartion on my upper and lower lids perfect. I occasionally use it without other shades with winged black liner.
My favorite use for Painterly is as an primer. Before Painterly, I'd only ever used creme concealer on my lids. My, oh my, what a difference the Paint Pot makes! This formula sets, perfects and does not budge.
I never thought I'd say this but, Painterly is a HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree w/ one of the reviewers below. I too am NC25 and wanted something as close to Bare Canvas paint as possible. However, on my skin it looks like Yogurt eyeshadow - too pink. Great product and wear overall, just not a color that worked on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by jilashley

great eyeshadow base, or to even out skintone on the lid. i also use this as a matte eyeshadow, i recommend this to anyone who likes macs paints

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Surprisingly, I don't love this. On my very yellow toned, Asian, NC25-30 skin, Painterly comes off with a very pink tone, so it looks as if I've put on an entirely wrong shade of concealer on my lids. It's unfortunate. I'd hoped to have a real nude, matte Paint Pot to use as a base, but for now, Bare Study - slight shimmer and all - will have to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I choose my high end products very carefully since I do not have money to throw away and MAC is the brand I usually splurge on. I have two Paint tubes that I adore, Architecture and Chiaroscuro, and when the pots came out I nearly went crazy with the lemmings wanting to get my hands on every single one if only I had the means. But I finally settled on Painterly after reading the reviews on MUA, deciding that it could pull double-duty as a base and as a shadow shade for a no-makeup look. I don't apply it with my fingers for sanitary reasons, I use a flat concealer brush instead and it works just fine. Used as a base, my shadows don't fade or crease even after a 14-hour day and they show up much more vibrantly than when used alone. The only base I've used in the past was just a thin layer of my regular concealer, which never quite worked. Oh, and since the pot is so ginormous it will last me for years, I can tell.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

I bought this as recommended for an eyeshadow base, but after a few tries in pretty normal northeast fall weather - my shadows and liner still creased and ran into my eyes. The texture, color, packaging and price are all decent, but I will still stick to my Urban Decay primer potion, since I can get through a yoga class with that and have my makeup still intact!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 5:46:00 AM More reviews by shirlh

Painterly is the very first first paint pot I bought, mainly for use as an eyeshadow bases for pigments. The texture is smooth, spreads easily, and it's a breeze applying with fingers.

The staying power is good, although it does crease a little (I'm in humid Asia). Eyeshadows managed to stay vibrant for 10 hours with no touchups. I would definitely buy this again.