Chanel No.5

3.5

on 3/5/2003 1:34:00 AM

men love this. so what if maybe his grandmother wore it? it worked on grandpa, it'll work on your date. A man buying you a bottle of this is the ultimate compliment.

on 2/9/2003 6:05:00 PM

I prefer the EDT in this scent. the parfum I find too sharp and sweet. The EDT is sweet, yet softer and muskier, less of a "statement". I also like the bath oil (worn as perfume on the skin) and the lotion. The spray body oil is nice too.

on 2/9/2003 5:28:00 PM

womanly, hormonal, powdery. the
whole line of products is jaw
dropping fabulous, although the
edt is a bit harsh. i believe
this fragrance is meant to be used in pure perfume form,
layered on top of the bath line.

on 1/30/2003 10:57:00 PM

This is THE classic scent. I'm convinced that this is what heaven will smell like. It's soft, floral and completely feminine. I'm not very good at describing scents but I do know that this scent is mature and might be categorized by some as an old lady scent, just not by me. I think it's as fresh today as it must have been in the 1930's and well worth the whopping $95-oz price tag.

on 1/29/2003 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think, despite the aldehydic note, this is beautiful. Can I wear it all the time? Certainly not. But here's the thing, on the rare occassions that I do, I am a ravishing white flower, exuding the delicate "come hither" essence of a pure rose, with the honeyed tone of jasmine.
I forget that my cheeks are a bit too round, my hips a touch too wide. It is a perfume that lends grace and elegance to a woman's demeanor. This is why I love it, and will remain in awe of it's divine draw over the opposite sex.

on 1/24/2003 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A notch too aldehydic for me, but I like it anyway, for very special occasions. Oddly, men like this on me! It really works on my skin, much more than most florals.

on 1/4/2003 12:37:00 PM

I love this scent, it's so classy.

on 12/23/2002 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is such an overrated over priced scent. It's WAY too heavy and old ladyish and it gives me a massive headache!

on 12/17/2002 7:02:00 PM

As I was picking up a gift for a friend in a department store, a lady practically attacked me with this perfume as I walked by the Chanel counter. I figured since I never tried this before, I could come home and review it while it's scent is still wafting off my sweater. With all the mixed reviews out there regarding this well-known fragrance (and many of them say nay to it), I don't find to it be all that bad. It certainly isn't repulsive or putrid, but it isn't anything special either. I would not buy a bottle of this, but if it was given to me as a gift or something, I may actually wear it - very lightly of course. The initial spray was a little um, shocking, but the dry down on me was a slightly sweet powdery scent. I also agree with Elle22, Marilyn Monroe used to bath in this, a nightly ritual. Overall, the scent isn't "me" but it can be a nice change from the heavy and strong orientals I wear normally.

on 12/2/2002 12:41:00 PM

OMG I love chance but I can not stand this . I mean who wears this perfume??? 100 year olds?? serisouly it doesn't even smell like perfume to me.

Popular Fragrances