September 17, 2014 | 897 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2002 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LaFif

I love this! However, I use ONLY the body oil and lotion, which give a much different scent than the EDP which I used to wear, which is where I think people are getting that "old lady smell". The oil and lotion are COMPLETELY different smelling, at least to me and to others who smell it. People always comment how great I smell when I wear the lotion, which I've started doing with all my fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2001 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have always wanted to love this fragrance, because it is classic and nothing else smells like it. It's a true perfume, not like the myriad of fruity-floral-spicy concoctions that bombard department store counters. (Don't get me wrong: I do enjoy lighter scents as well, but so many fragrances smell exactly alike). About 7 years ago I tested this scent on my arm and found it too heavy. However, now I LOVE it. I find the warm, rich scent very comforting, and it wears very well on me throughout the day. I am pleased to have finally fallen madly in love with the fragrance that I've always thought of as the Dom Perignon of perfumes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2001 8:03:00 PM More reviews by nuni

Too "grown up" smell for me, think it's heavy and a little boring.