October 24, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by xkirstagx

Pros
Adds volume and slight length to lashes, easy to remove, a true black

Cons
Doesnt hold a curl, flakes, brush isn't anything special and easily replicated by cheaper brands

My opinion
I recieved this as a GWP and although the product does add volume, length etc, I just couldnt handle looking in the mirror during the day and seeing flake after flake after flake roll down my eyelids. It's awful and not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find this mascara makes my lashes spidery, clumpy, and the ends too thick. It also smears and flakes terribly (I don't usually have this problem with mascaras), and I have to use my Clarins Fix'Mascara over it to make it wearable. The brush is not great either, as it is all the same width. I would not recommend this unless you like an OTT thick clumpy look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by fifi_kitten

this is a pretty nice mascara. it lengthens my lashes really well and seperates them so they look really defined and dramatic, but not spidery and clumpy. it also doesn't flake that bad and doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy. and it washes away pretty easily with just water. i haven't cried or sweated profusely with this on, though, so i couldn't say how well it stands up under that. i did take off one lippie, however, because according to clinique's website, this mascara is supposed to be good for both lengthening and volume. for me, it really didn't add any volume at all. and since i have other mascaras that do both lengthen and volumize, i won't be buying it again. i'll finish the tube i have, because i do like it, but it leaves me wanting something more, so i'll go back to using the mascaras i know give me good volume and length.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by sofabean

I like this mascara because it's not waterproof, yet it still doesn't smear and come off like crazy. It stays put all day and I'm usually a teary-eyed person, but this didn't smudge onto my lower lash line at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general I am not a fan of Clinique; however I really like their mascaras. I have lashes that are pretty easy to work with so I don't demand too much from a mascara besides defining and looking at least somewhat natural. High Impact isn't my favorite from Clinique, but it gives my lashes a full, separated look without ever clumping, smudging, etc. It's not on the HG list, but it's probably worth a repurchase or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by zeroxstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so (for the price) this is my HG mascara (when combined w/ the lash building primer by Clinique. - I can buy the two for almost the same price as one mascara by another brand, so that in itself is great!) I get great use out of this mascara - no clumping, smudging, and it does actually give my tiny blond lashes curl and length. I only get about 2 months at most before it starts clumping however, so I do have to re-buy although I find that to be the case with any mascara I use.

I've never tried it w/o the Clinique primer so I can't review it on its own, but together they are wonderful!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Kamicha

This is my to go mascara for evening makeup. Very intense black, thickens the lashes dramatically without being too clumping - just build the volume gradually. Contains no stupid fibers and stuff, just loads of pigment in quite heavy and moist mascara base. The dense brush is bit too big to my taste but otherwise ok. Stays on pretty well and does not usually stain, great properties for water soluble mascara. Bit hard to wash out, the black just runs and runs - but probably this is due to all that heavy pigment.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like this product at all. It goes on kinda thick and clumpy for me. I was told by one Clinique SA to make sure to wipe the tip of my mascara wand and any excess that I could see along the length of the wand. This is terrible advice, because why would I want to pay so much when I'm wiping off and throwing away half of the product. I got this in one of their Clinique Bonus Days packs, which is the only reason I even have it. When an SA put it on me as part of a look, it gave me horrible spidery eyes. My eyelashes looked like hairy spider legs and were thick, and well, I think Tammy Faye Baker comes to mind and sums it up best. Maybe she would like it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eh, this is just okay. It did clump a little when I put it on, but looked nice otherwise, initially. Before the day was over, it had smudges.
It doesn't hold a candle to Lancome.
This came with at GWP.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wasn't able to hold a curl and it smudges a bit. With that said, it does add a little drama to the eyes, nothing spectacular.