Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 10/1/2004 10:54:00 AM

I was recommended by MA is Saks in #4.5 . After used a few months, I don't like the shade. It's too orange for me. When I was in HK, I bought #5 and love it very much. It's more natural. One thing I don't like is LSF has a strange smell. All in all, it is a great prouduct worth to have it.

on 9/29/2004 9:45:00 AM

This is one of the best products I've ever found. I discovered LSF two years ago while walking thru Saks in NY. I wsn't looking for foundation or even makeup but the SA who stopped me did a great job of getting me in the makeover chair. Since then, I'm hooked on just about all the Armani products but especially the LSF. It gives the most beautiful, glowing finish without looking like makeup. Yes, it's expensive, but a bottle typically lasts me 7 or 8 months and I wear it every day. Recently I ran out of LSF and tried to find something until I could get more. I tried just about everything - Lancome, Dior, LM, Stila, BB - nothing came close, although L'Oreal True Match wasn't bad. If I travel to a city with an Armani counter - I always find a way to fit a visit into my schedule, if only just to see what's new. I wish we had one in the Washington DC area, hopefully soon!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Been using this for a couple of days...I like it but I'm not blown away by it. It blends really easily and does a good job of covering w/o looking like obvious foundation. The finish is natural...not overly dewy or matte or anything. My skin hasn't been the greatest lately..but this makes it look a lot nicer..and I doesn't seem to be causing anymore problems. I would consider this a keeper if it keeps on working so well.

on 9/23/2004 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have combination, acne-prone skin with minimal blemishes on my cheeks. I used to favor Prescriptives & Laura Mercier; on a whim, I decided to try Luminous Silk. What a marked difference! If there are 2 products I can't live without now, it's this & Cle de Peau Undereye concealer & this foundation. It is expensive but you only need a maximum of 2 pumps & it gives a great coverage with an ultra-light feel.

on 9/22/2004 9:36:00 PM

I absolutely hated the whole GA line. I used to have OK skin but after I have started using their makeup remover, moisturizer, makeup base and this foundation, they have blocked my pores. I had to spend so much money on facials to get my skin "repaired" (my beautician was horrified when she saw my skin! It was dehydrated and most of the pores are clotted!). Highly recommended anyone to look elsewhere!

on 9/18/2004 8:33:00 PM

I have tried 2 different Armani foundations, and both made me look 10 years older! The color match was fine, but it settles into fine lines immediately and makes me look horrid! In fact, once, at one of their events at Saks, a friend and I both had our makeup done, and we both had more visible lines than when we walked in. I love the eyeshadows in this line, but the foundation just doesn't work for me.

on 9/7/2004 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

After fifteen years of having my foundation custom blended at Prescriptives, I decided to venture out and try something new!
Although I was happy with Prescriptives perfect color match for my skin tone, I couldn't ignore the rave reveiws of Luminous Silk Foundation.
I brought my bottle of Prescriptives foundation to the Armani counter at Saks. They found the perfect color match, and gave me a tester to take home and try.
Today is the first day I'm wearing it and it is a superb, high quality foundation. It's creamy, velvet like texture turns your skin into velvet. It has a medium coverage for me, more then my Prescriptives formula, so it covers all my imperfecections ie: age spots, freckles. It's natural looking, and my powder and blush just glide right on. My skin tone is glowing and luminous. Even though I still have 1/2 a bottle of my old foundation left, I might have to go out and buy Luminous Silk Foundation. There is no going back for me, now that my skin looks this good!
EDIT: Never say Never...I went back to my custom blended perscriptives. Mainly becaise I felt it was more natural looking then the Luminous Silk Foundation. I also found that theLuminous was too thick and did not blend in as well. I have gone from 5 lippies to 3 lippies. I still think there is good quality here.
EDIT AGAIN..O>K> it went from 5 lippies to 3 lippies, and is back up to 5..I had to learn how to use this properly. It takes some getting used to. You have to play around with it, as it is much thicker then my other foundation. I'm in love again.

on 9/7/2004 5:51:00 AM

This product really isn't designed for people with oily skin. Unfortunately my skin broke out with this. In saying that, the finish that you get is wonderful - as promised - luminous and flawless giving that right skin tone. I love the packaging though and the pump (very hygienic).

on 9/6/2004 9:44:00 AM

This foundation has incredible texture; its almost like velvet and glides onto the skin. My skin does look 'luminous' and flawless after i use this even though the coverage is very light. The only problem is that as the day wears on, my combo skin becomes like an oil slick. Also, two days after wearing this, i began getting little bumps on my cheeks and along the jawline. So i guess, this is not for people with anything near oily skin. For reference, im a GGG and i wear # 8. My HG Diorskin Fluide remains unbeatable. :)

on 8/13/2004 2:32:00 AM

What a fabulous foundation! The finish is beautiful, a slight hint of shine & has a soft texture. Great color selection, I got LSK 05 but with my tan now, it's too light for me. I took out 1 lippy because of no SPF & the unfriendly but beautiful packaging. One pump & the bottle is soiled

Video Reviews & Tutorials