Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

This is my HG Foundation.

I previously gave this a glowing review. I used it for months, loving the effect and finish of this foundation. I still do, however, I have figured out the foundation is what was making me break out. Virtually all of my pores were clogged. I would get facials and within several weeks my entire face would be clogged again. Once I switched from this foundation I never had the problem again. It pains me to say it, as there is no match for the flawless finish this foundation provides. I have since switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin and have had substantially less break outs.

I usually agree 100% with MUA reviews, but not the case here. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really don't like this foundation. Given all the hype, I tried the LSF and was not impressed. It just lays on the skin very mask like and is not natural or flattering, which for the price it should be. The color range is so incredibly yellow/ flat based that no matter what the application technique it still fails to perform for me ( a couple of friends have experienced the same). I would definetly not recommend or repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is like no foundation I have ever used before.
I just started using No.5, so still experimenting to see whether this can be my HG. Nonetheless, it is definitely a masterpiece in its own right. The texture is silky smooth (the silicone base is obvious), coverage is phenomenal, and it gives you a perfect, almost TOO perfect, dewy complexion. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that it's so powerful, I feel a bit unnatural during the day with such a refined finish. (Although it makes my skin look flawless!) I guess I deal with it by using LSF only for more special days.
My favorite aspect of the LSF is its color canvas quality. Color - whether it be blush, contour, shadow - pops out exactly as it ought to be over the LSF. With other foundations you sometimes have to worry about the yellow undertone or how certain colors don't show up well. Not with this. I am still amazed at how sharp and perfect colors sit on this product.
Now on to some issues. 1st, it has to be applied with a brush, which is time consuming. I've tried fingers, but I just end up depositing too much product and the result is enlarges pores and exaggerated flakiness. 2nd, this product is not oil-free, and my face starts to shine very fast so I have to keep on applying mattifiers. Worse, LSF doesn't seem to work well with MoM, so I have to use the high end kinds. Shu Uemura's Nobara, though a very different product, is better at preventing shines. Finally, I am not a big fan of the bottle. It's heavy, bulky, and the glass cracks too easily. Sure, the price, brand & product deserve a more elitist packaging, but I'm worried that if I drop the bottle a second time, it'll just be gone for good. continued >>

Love, love, love this foundation. I used to ONLY use Laura Mercier or MAC Face & Body, but the GA has now become my favorite. I have oily skin, with large pores and this foundation reduces the pore size on my face. It also has excellent coverage and blends beautifully. It's $52.50, a bit more expensive than I would prefer, but it is well worth it. It dries down to a fresh, dewy (but not too dewy!) finish. It really does look great on -- reduces redness, covers minor imperfections, and really creates a wonderful canvas to work with.

Initially I wasn't that impressed with LSF.It just sat on the skin and showed every dry flake on my face.After I got my dry skin under control,I tried LSF again and loved it.I use the GA blender brush which lets me control coverage. LSF#4 is a perfect match.

Hands down, one of the best foundations on the market. It goes on beautifully and creates the "no makeup" look. This foundation is very expensive but also lasts a very long time. Since just a little bit of the product does the job, I end up buying a bottle every six months.

In my search for the perfect wedding day foundation, I have been to almost every L.A. beauty counter. Finally, on a tip from a friend, I hit Saks and, most satisfactorily, the end of my quest. Armani 5.5 is my HG! While it is currently just a tad dark for my winter-palid light olive portuguese skin, after some time in Hawaii, my tan should kick in and even things out. Even right now, after blending down into my lighter neck, it gives me a beautiful glow. All the girls at work noticed straight off! Good stuff! Blends smoothly, great coverage and killer color! Mahalo G.A.!

This is my HG foundation-and I have tried a LOT of foundations! Recently I've become quite obsessive in my quest for perfect skin and this foundation is the only one which makes me look flawless and natural, covering blemishes without being too heavy or cakey. The range of shades is fantastic-I wear no 2 as my skin is very fair. The only thing stopping this from being the perfect foundation, in my opinion, is the fact that it's wildly expensive. Worth it though!
UPDATE: I found out that this is what was causing me to break out, so although I am totally in love with it, i now use it only on very special occasions, not for every day.

WOW... that is all I have to say, when I applied the LSF #5 on I couldnt believe my eyes, my skin looked so radiant, glowy and best of all matched my skin perfectly!! GA has a great range of colors that would match absolutely everyone. I HIGHLY recommend buying the foundation brush with this. The results are amazing...