December 22, 2014 | 878 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by azn_babay_kat

Oy, so good. But oy, so steep (the price).
I must admit that I am the foundation ho! *waves* I have about 12 foundations at home, and some how they just keep on growing. However, if I had to pick a favourite out of them, this HAS to be it!

*pats GA LSF and gives it some love*
The colour match is SOOO amazing, and for once I'm not the lightest colour (hi! my name is The Pale!) I'm a MAC NC15, Stila 10 Watts, PPP and I'm 2.0 in this fdn. It gives me the glowiest finish (not oiliest slick looking thing, I'm looking at you, Loreal Translucide). I use a foundation brush with this, even though I was told that fingers would work the best, I'm a rebel, what can I say.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cabbagepatchkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not an everyday foundation wearer. I probably only wear foundation once a month.

I'm an LSF#1, and this is a perfect match.

Depending on the weather, my skin gets the occasional dry spell. Definitely recommend a good moisturiser underneath so the flakey bits don't show up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

I received this in "0" as a gift and was suprised it didn't make me look dead. I am quite pale to begin with-but this stuff didn't really go on opaque enough to make me look like some goth kid. It evened out my skin and gave it a tiny glow. It applied easily but without that silicone afterfeel. The only thing I don't like is that it appears you can't unscrew the pump dispenser from the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Giorgio Armani makes some great cosmetics and I love the LSF on me. I have #5, which is the same exact number I have in the MSF. It goes on a lot sheerer than the MSF, so it's good for the summertime. I have to say I am partial to the MSF #5 because it perfects my skin with little coverage rather than the LSF, which makes my skin glow, but covers minimally my imperfections. However, this is a wondeful foundation. Sometimes I mix the LSF with the MSF to achieve the best of both worlds. That combo leaves my skin radiant and matte at the same time, which for me, is ideal. I love the color match of the 5 on me and the formulation is divine. I truly believe it's worth every penny for every ounce it has. I prep my skin beforehand by exfoliating with Fresh Sugar Scrub, moisturizing with Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream, and priming with Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer before I apply a layer of LSF. The result is silky skin with a healthy sheen that provides an amazing canvas for color. I wish its availability was wider, but maybe it will happen as it becomes more popular. Edited: I think the silicone in this breaks me out. We'll see.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2003 4:59:00 PM More reviews by princess22222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just NO GOOD for my super-dry skin! I have mild rosacea and when I first apply this it's fine but 15 minutes later it has caked on me like crazy! Not for those with very very dry skin. I gave to my mother and she LOVES it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 10:01:00 AM More reviews by erikatang

Am quite happy with the texture and coverage of the LSF, I have combo to dry skin, the foundation glides on perfectly in general especially around the T-zone area, however it does accentuate the fine lines around my undereye area and brings out the flakiness of dry patches. I have a feeling that this is gonna work better in the summer when my skin tend to be less dry. Have tried using the Armani Silk Foundation Compact on top of the LSF but that didn't quite work. I've experimented with different combinations and found the best duet is LSF together with a little bit of colorless loose powder, just to 'set' it without covering up the luminuous effect of the LSF. Use it with GA brush for best result. *UPDATE* It's now winter, my skin's under some kinda transitional period and the LSF is a tad too dry which unfortunately highlights dry flaky patches on my forehead, cheeks and chin area. Maybe this is better for warmer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2003 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Eskimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's taken a lot of experimentation, but I now truly love this foundation and can see what all the fuss is about.

I mix LSF shades #0 and #1 for a perfect match, but nonetheless, the coverage and texture are just divine.

I find this foundation looks its best when worn with moisturiser, then my Smashbox primer, then the Armani primer itself, followed by the LSF. And lastly, I use the MicroFil powder lightly over the top, in shade #0.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2003 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Jadeite22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in LSF#4, it's a perfect match to my skin tone, it glides on well and lasts through the day. I especially love the pump bottle because it's so hygienic. Thumbs up for the sleek bottle and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2003 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JBGreenberg

I initially went to the Armani counter and asked for the matte foundation. I am only 21, but I have combination to oily skin, so I usually lean towards foundations w/ a powder or matte finish. The MA asked me a few questions and tried to persuade me into buying the LSF. I am usually pretty set in my ways, so I pretty much ignored her opinion (I know, I am an idiot). She applied the matte to one side of my face and the LSF to the other. I was absolutely amazed! The matte looked okay, but the LSF was perfect. It feels like you don’t have on any make-up at all, yet it has enough coverage to hide my sun spots and acne scars. I have converted my mom (late forties/dry) and sister (17/oily). I have tried Bobbi Brown, MAC, Trish, Stila, LM, Chanel, Prescriptives etc… and none of these compare. This is the best advice I ever received from MUA. I couldn’t be happier w/ a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2003 3:46:00 AM More reviews by kcgreen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is so natural. I love the finish it gives. I apply it with a foundation brush and always get desired effect. It's like magic. The color selection is very nice also. GA has truly beige base tones which i think is the most natural for a PPP. I wear shade #2.