Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 11/23/2004 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My HG foundation Finally!!! I use a 5.5 color mixed with Fluid Sheer in #10-and the glow about my face is amazing. I am over 45 and have a few fine lines which I prep with an eye cream that plumps, before i apply foundation with GA's face brush. Will def. repurchase!!!

on 11/23/2004 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this after reading reviews. Don't think the product is anything special. I bought this in the summer, during which i have normal skin with oily t-zone. the foundation just slid off by mid-day, and made me look more oily. it's now late fall and skin is now on mormal/dry side, and the foundation just seems to accentuate the dry areas. can't seem to find a happy medium. will say that coverage is good, blends okay, and no irritatin effects. packaging looks nice, but the pump is irritating. can never get the right amount and usually end up wasting some product. BOTTOM LINE: don't think it's any better than other normal foundation that i could find at a drug store. will not buy again.

on 11/14/2004 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am SO impressed with this product. First of all, let me tell you I have not purchased it, but have been using 3 testers (that last a very long time) that the SA gave me when I purchased a blush. He gave me two 5.5 and a 6. That was because he thought 5.5 looked better on me. He was wrong, I love the color 6, even if he said it made me look more yellow (I am a MAC NC30). Anyway, I have always looked for fuller coverage foundations. For example I love Mary Kay Full coverage or MAC studio tech, so when I saw such a liquid runny thin looking foundation I thought "naaa, this can't possibly cover anything". Well, I am amazed and how well it covers! And so much more naturally than the fuller coverage foundations! So smooth, so hydrating, so subtly shimmery. WOW. Now I use my little testers on "special ocasions" until I have no choice but to go give out the $$$... And it is a lot of $ indeed

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my! This looks like a powdery mask on me, very, very 80's and not flattering. Armani foundations have just gone down in my estimation. Looks like a mask!

on 10/31/2004 12:03:00 PM

This is HG foundation. GA makeup line is superb but very pricey. LSF gives such a soft glow when I use it that often get asked what is the name of foundation I use. The texture is smooth not runny great coverage, sometimes I just apply powder to my T-zone, because of the fine softness it gives. Although I use many other makeup lines of makeup GA is high on my list for most of the HG items. I love this foundation I just wish can be less expensive I sometimes use with FS #2 to give somewhat etheral/innocent glow usually for special occasions. Great Buy! (LSF #5.5/MAC NC25)

on 10/30/2004 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

There was a moment there when I seriously doubted that LSF could live up to the expectations of it that I had built in my mind. Inpsired by the raves from my friends here on MUA, I started my quest to get my hands on a bottle several months ago.. a very generous MUAer tried to match me in Hong Kong.. but the shade we guessed had sold out...

I went interstate this month and got myself matched at the store. I'm a GGG, NC 35 and I ended up being a 6.5 in the LSF. I am Chinese and this shade has the perfect blend of yellow tones.

I love that this is so light to apply, I was persuaded to use a foundation brush with this and the results are amazing. With the brush, I haven't needed to set my foundation with powder at all - and the LSF stayed put after a dimsum lunch and an hour long evening run!

Natural yet really silky and luminous on me - I tested LSF out after a fortnight of hard living, long plane trip, jet lag and sleep deprivation! This stuff rocks!

I used to love NARS balanced foundation, but this tended to look mask like on me during the day. LSF looks great and a touch more sophisticated than tinted moisturizer. Expensive - but not as exorbitant as some, it's a must have for me. As timeless as Armani's clothing!

Love the practical pump packaging and the classy utility look that is GA!!

on 10/16/2004 3:01:00 AM

I must say I don't understand why there is so much hype about this foundation... I felt that after applying it...it gave me a rather pasty/too brushed up (despite using only the tiniest amount) look. The "luminous" factor is just not there for me...mediocre result and definitely NOT WORTH the money!

on 10/15/2004 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I absolutely love what this foundation does for my face. It makes me look smooth and dewy/glowy. Beautiful. And its a great canvas for my orgasm blush. it definitely gives me the look I'm going for. The only problem is I'm finishing off a bottle of 8 and I'm not that dark anymore. So I will be going in to check out the 7. A MA for Armani recommended that I mix a little of fluid sheers 2 to make it lighter, and it worked and looked pretty. Unfortunately I can't afford fluid sheer at this point, but I do love mixing the sample that she gave me :) Beautiful foundation, no doubt.

on 10/12/2004 7:52:00 AM

First of all I'm not reviewing the LSF but am reviewing the new foundation Hydraglow SPF15-it is for dry skin. Mine is combo but I find that a little goes a long way and makes my skin look flawless. It is heavier than LSF but if you keep blending with the brush it will go sheer. The glow is soft but very very luminous. I went back to the LSF a few days after but found the results anemic when compared with the new stuff. I bought 5 in London I don't know if it is in the states yet.

on 10/7/2004 4:00:00 PM

I'll admit I have strayed from this foundation several times, being the m/u junkie that I am, but I always find myself coming back to this and it has become a daily staple in my m/u routine. I am Asian w/ a lot of yellow undertones and medium/dark complexion. I use LSF in #8 and it is a dead-on match to my skin tone. I thought this formula would be too oily for me during the summer months, but I ended up using it the majority of the summer! This foundation stays natural and does not change color whatsoever. Finish is a natural, semi-matte/semi-dewy one. My only gripe is that I wish the pump dispenser allowed for different amounts to come out. I don't need much foundation to cover my trouble spots, but one pump of this gives you enough for 2-3 full face applications! I end up wasting TONS of foundation at a time. Oh well, I will keep using this and my other Armani products for as long as they make them. I'm hoping he comes out w/ a skick foundation with similar qualities as the LSF. That way I'd end up wasting less!

Video Reviews & Tutorials