Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 2/24/2004 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Eh..not too impressed by this product. It didn't create the illusion of flawless skin for me and neither did I like the feel of it on my face. It was..slick? Also, it stuck to the dry patches on my face and it wasn't a pretty sight. Strangely, it's very sheer on me too - didn't cover up anything! What's the point of wearing a foundation that doesn't cover anything in the first place? No go for me :( I had so wanted to like this after hearing the raves...but I guess it would work on people with great skin.

on 2/22/2004 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation applies like a dream. It is so silky and smooth. Also, even though it says luminous, I can't detect any shimmer. Because my skin is dry, this shows up as a matte foundation. I am a MAC C3 and use #4. This foundation is in a class of it's own (just like their clothes)!!!

on 2/21/2004 10:05:00 PM

I love this foundation! Just perfect for my mature, combination/oily skin. Has a very silky, light texture yet provides nice coverage. Doesn't emphasize lines or pores at all. Wish it were less expensive, but I think it's worth $42 for the look it gives my skin.

on 2/20/2004 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not my HG foundation, but a wonderful one, nonetheless. The coverage is medium - slightly heavier than I like for everyday, so I tend to wear this when I'm doing more of a "full-face" look - as opposed to my minimalist everyday face. It does make my skin glow, and it covers just enough to even things and still look natural. My only gripe is that I tend to get very shiny within a few hours. Nothing a blot paper can't handle, but this is definitely a cool weather foundation for me; in summertime I'd be an oil slick within an hour!

on 2/14/2004 12:44:00 PM

So much buzz around this product. Went to GA counter at Saks and MUA tried #1 on me. From a distance it looked fine. Up close it was horrible. Dry pataches and flakes were appearing out of nowhere and it didn't seem to "stick" to some parts of my face. Disappointed, left, didn't purchase. Moisturized like crazy for 3 days, went back to counter wearing moisturizer AND primer. Same thing again! Try GA MSF instead. Also, anyone notice the weird smell....?

on 2/12/2004 3:57:00 PM

I wanted desperately to love this foundation due to the overwhelming reviews and praise it received but it just doesn't work well for me. As a faithful user of Becca Cosmetics foundations, I find that this is just too heavy for me. The coverage is actually medium (depending upon your application of it) and airy but I like to see my freckles through my foundation. I look to enhance my skin, not cover it up. This is an extremely high quality foundation, better than most that I have tried, but it doesn't meet my preferences. I'm sure this foundation would be wonderful when I get older, but for now, I will stick with Becca.

on 2/10/2004 5:56:00 PM

Only based on MUA reviews, did I seek out this foundation. I had been looking for a foundation that had decent coverage, but wouldnt look caked on. I love this - makes my skin look smooth and covers just enough so i dont look "masky". Also, the color is a perfect match for me. #5. no breakouts - i have combo skin - and the wear is pretty long lasting. i had used channel matte foundation and thought that was good, this is 150% better. def worth it.

on 2/10/2004 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this foundation, the texture is great, light and airy, easy to blend but it highlights my dry patches and refuses to melt into my skin, just sort of sits on top of it making I look more made-up than I intended to be. The LSF didn't make my skin 'luminous' at all! Alas, the quest of the perfect foundation continues.

on 2/7/2004 3:22:00 PM

This is a new review replacing my earlier one. When I bought this I was very impressed, even to the extent that I bought another shade when my skin colour changed a bit. Now I'm no longer such a fan. PLUSES: the shades (4 and 5) are very yellow based which is just what I need. It covers redness fairly well. It gives a nice 'soft-lit' effect which is very attractive from a slight distance. Finish is satiny but not oily. MINUSES: It doesn't really meld into the skin as well as I would like, and often looks like it 'sits' on the skin if you look up close. Emphasises any flakes or uneven skin. Stinks.

Verdict: This foundation only looks good on skin that is completely smooth - no pores, no flakes. Then, and only then, it is a great foundation that evens colour really well. But my skin isn't like that unfortunately. It often goes on unevenly and looks obvious, also it can "disappear" into the skin during the day. Finally, I cannot stomach the smell, it's like latex paint! I prefer Laura Mercier, that one instead of demanding good skin, GIVES me good skin everyday!

on 2/7/2004 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My new HG foundation. 5.5 is a perfect match for my self tanned NC 30 complexion. This stuff goes on like silk, so light and sheer but great coverage. Makes my mature skin look as good as possible. Put it on in the morning, set it with the loose powder and didn't have to touch it up all day. That is rare for my combination/oily skin. The reflective quality of this did not exagerate my fine lines or large pores at all. On the contrary it made then disappear. When I run out I will order it again from the Las Vegas store in the Bellagio Hotel.

Video Reviews & Tutorials