January 28, 2015 | 1163 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2004 8:59:00 AM More reviews by cyyin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have mild rosacea. I tried #05 at GA counter. Result: Flaky, flaky & flaky. I didn't even notice the flakes before i tried the product. The foundation made them very obvious. My face was just horrible after I put the foundation on. If you have dry flaky skin, save your money and buy a more moisturizing foundation elsewhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nightlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in #0... which is white. The texture of this shade is much more like a Fluid Sheer than the average LSF formulation. It's much much sheerer, with zero shimmer. It's perfect for my skintone. I actually use this product as a PPP's alternative to a tinted moisturiser! It's so light and sheer, that just a light dusting of loose powder over the top creates a very natural, light coverage. Alternatively, I use this LSF as a primer and apply Armani's Silk Powder Foundation over the top (using BB's kabuki brush). Either way... this is gawjus. It applies SO smoothly and lightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2004 1:31:00 AM More reviews by nygymnst

I love this foundation! I am *so* glad I purchased this! I had been using my KA SSE until I found this baby! While I do love the KA, I wanted something that was easier to apply and that could be done in seconds, also was looking for something in a fluid as opposed to solid form. Originally I went to the Saks (NYC) counter looking for the MSF (oily/combo/acne prone) but I met a very helpful SA who convinced me otherwise! I had been set on the MSF but was told I would get more coverage with the LSF than with the MSF, which was actually more sheer. Plus, I couldn't find a good color match because they don't offer as many choices in the MSF. So I looked at the LSF and wow! Perfect match! And the finish is amazing, so so silky! The LSF is also oil-free and I've been using for about 3 weeks already with no skin problems at all- in fact, my skin looks great! :-) I wore this in Panama on vacation in high humidity and 90 degree weather and this stayed put! It looks so natural too which I love, actually lets your skin show through! Also, this leaves my skin with a pretty darned matte finish. Not a noticeable pasty dry faced matte, but a real nice non-oily look that just makes my skin look perfect! It's pretty long lasting too, best makeup buy I've had in a while. My only gripe about this is the container which is in a pump bottle. The pump is first off, hard to pump, and so it's hard to get only a small amount out of there. Usually I end up with enough for 3/4 of my face with one slight pump, and though I try to only do a half-pump it doesn't usually work. According to the SA they will be changing the containers this year-thankfully! Wish it had been sooner though! Oh and I'm a GGG with yellow undertones and found the #7 to be a perfect match!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2004 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kicjg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I heard so many raves about this product that I expected the most amazing product. Instead, something in the formula made my face itch. I also found my skin turning pink as I wore it. Obviously, the chemicals in the product are very harsh. For $50 I expected MUCH more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by azn_babay_kat

Oy, so good. But oy, so steep (the price).
I must admit that I am the foundation ho! *waves* I have about 12 foundations at home, and some how they just keep on growing. However, if I had to pick a favourite out of them, this HAS to be it!

*pats GA LSF and gives it some love*
The colour match is SOOO amazing, and for once I'm not the lightest colour (hi! my name is The Pale!) I'm a MAC NC15, Stila 10 Watts, PPP and I'm 2.0 in this fdn. It gives me the glowiest finish (not oiliest slick looking thing, I'm looking at you, Loreal Translucide). I use a foundation brush with this, even though I was told that fingers would work the best, I'm a rebel, what can I say.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cabbagepatchkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not an everyday foundation wearer. I probably only wear foundation once a month.

I'm an LSF#1, and this is a perfect match.

Depending on the weather, my skin gets the occasional dry spell. Definitely recommend a good moisturiser underneath so the flakey bits don't show up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

I received this in "0" as a gift and was suprised it didn't make me look dead. I am quite pale to begin with-but this stuff didn't really go on opaque enough to make me look like some goth kid. It evened out my skin and gave it a tiny glow. It applied easily but without that silicone afterfeel. The only thing I don't like is that it appears you can't unscrew the pump dispenser from the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Giorgio Armani makes some great cosmetics and I love the LSF on me. I have #5, which is the same exact number I have in the MSF. It goes on a lot sheerer than the MSF, so it's good for the summertime. I have to say I am partial to the MSF #5 because it perfects my skin with little coverage rather than the LSF, which makes my skin glow, but covers minimally my imperfections. However, this is a wondeful foundation. Sometimes I mix the LSF with the MSF to achieve the best of both worlds. That combo leaves my skin radiant and matte at the same time, which for me, is ideal. I love the color match of the 5 on me and the formulation is divine. I truly believe it's worth every penny for every ounce it has. I prep my skin beforehand by exfoliating with Fresh Sugar Scrub, moisturizing with Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream, and priming with Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer before I apply a layer of LSF. The result is silky skin with a healthy sheen that provides an amazing canvas for color. I wish its availability was wider, but maybe it will happen as it becomes more popular. Edited: I think the silicone in this breaks me out. We'll see.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2003 4:59:00 PM More reviews by princess22222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just NO GOOD for my super-dry skin! I have mild rosacea and when I first apply this it's fine but 15 minutes later it has caked on me like crazy! Not for those with very very dry skin. I gave to my mother and she LOVES it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 10:01:00 AM More reviews by erikatang

Am quite happy with the texture and coverage of the LSF, I have combo to dry skin, the foundation glides on perfectly in general especially around the T-zone area, however it does accentuate the fine lines around my undereye area and brings out the flakiness of dry patches. I have a feeling that this is gonna work better in the summer when my skin tend to be less dry. Have tried using the Armani Silk Foundation Compact on top of the LSF but that didn't quite work. I've experimented with different combinations and found the best duet is LSF together with a little bit of colorless loose powder, just to 'set' it without covering up the luminuous effect of the LSF. Use it with GA brush for best result. *UPDATE* It's now winter, my skin's under some kinda transitional period and the LSF is a tad too dry which unfortunately highlights dry flaky patches on my forehead, cheeks and chin area. Maybe this is better for warmer days.