Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 2/19/2004 2:46:00 AM

Good stuff. Absorbs easily and smoothes excessively ragged cuticles within a few days of use. Sleeping in it works great. I got it in a sample pack at Walgreens of all places, and I was extremely pleased to find Burt's Bees products someplace other than some snotty health food store. I like applying the Almond Milk Hand Creme first, then using Lemon Butter. I go to bed smelling like a poundcake.

on 2/5/2004 3:54:00 PM

Very cheap and a good deal but I am not crazy about the invigorating lemon scent becasue I need to apply this during down time like before bed. It is too oily to use on the go.

on 2/4/2004 2:39:00 AM

I absolutely love this cream! My cuticles get ragged and rough in the winter and this really works. Even if I forget to use it faithfully, I can put it on once or twice and my cuticles and the rough areas around my nails are in better shape. I have a tin for home and one for my purse and one for everybody else in my house so that they will leave mine alone. The cost is minimal too.

on 2/3/2004 9:30:00 PM

I have to say that I really just use this because it smells so damn good! I snagged this in a travel size from a sampler kit my bf has. I massage it into my nails at night as I am tucking myself into bed. Makes for a lovely bedtime ritual. This has a true lemon smell; nothing synthetic smelling about it. I figure that just the action of massaging the balm into my nails may serve to increase bloodflow to the nailbeds and make my nails grow more quickly, but that's just a theory. I have noticed, however, that my cuticles are not all dry and ragged, thus I am not tempted to further pick at them. All in all, a nice product.

on 2/3/2004 12:54:00 AM

Oh, YUUUUMMMMMMM . I put this balm on my extremely dry areas--like my heels, elbows, etc. It really moisturizes when I message it in, plus, like I said, the scent...YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....like a great big lemon meringe pie (I know I spelled that wrong). Really simple, natural ingredients with great results. Highly recommended.

on 1/31/2004 5:06:00 PM

Expensive for a tiny tin of lemon-scented grease. I do believe it protects your cuticle from water if you wash your hands often, but only as a greasy waterproof layer. A good moiturizing cream applied generously to my nails and cuticles is my preferred "treatment" so far (to prevent hangnails too).

on 1/31/2004 1:48:00 PM

I love this product. Keep one in my purse. Smells just like fresh lemon. It keeps my cuticles soft and I've used it as a hand cream when I was in a jam.

on 1/28/2004 1:01:00 PM

I love the smell of this. It's not sticky or greasy like some cuticle treatments and is reasonably priced too.

Of all the Burt's Bees products, this is probably my favorite. I am generally disappointed with the line, but, I keep this at my desk and apply when I'm working. I love the smell, and keeps my cuticles soft. Finally something I like from the line!!

on 1/26/2004 7:03:00 PM

I love this stuff! I murder my poor cuticles as a nervous habit and it leaves them torn and raw. This stuff comes in a nice little tin the perfect size to keep in my purse (or even my pocket!), although it can be a little difficult to open. I really enjoy the scent, my mom keeps looking for a perfume that smells like it. It improves the condition of my cuticles and the taste helps keep them out of my mouth! Overall a nice product.