September 23, 2014 | 2098 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Indigoblaze12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Mia yesterday so I guess I'm kind of biased as I haven't allowed a general "2-week trial" for a solid review, BUT I noticed something today that I wanted to comment on. I used it for the 1st time last night with my clenziderm daily gel wash (I'm on the clenziderm 3-step acne program for oily skin, it's been about a month but my skin has improved a lot though it wasn't that bad to begin with) and my skin was definitely glowing which was nice and my skin felt tingly and clean. My serum gel soaked in my skin nicely and I thought this might be something good for me. I used the Mia again tonight and then followed with the clenziderm pore therapy (toner) and found that there was an awful LOT of dirt on the cotton pad! I had to use two before I felt like all of the excess dirt was lifted! I was kind of taken aback because all of the reviews that I've read on this site, other sites and information on the Clarisonic site itself stated that the Mia offered a deep down clean, lifting dirt from pores etc, so why was my skin still laden with dirt after TWO 1-minute cycles? I wanna like this, and my skin does feel quite silky after, but I purchased this with goals and intentions! I have like maybe 4-5 tiny blackheads (so small that you can't see them unless I tilt my head to the side, which I do...alot) on my cheeks that I'm trying to get rid off. They make the texture of my skin seem a lil rough. They had started to clear, but after a wknd of skipping my skin supplements and not being strictly regimented as normal with my 3-step kit they kind of came back. I really hope that when I start using the Mia twice a day (i'm only using it at nite to start to avoid a possible "purge") that the extra dirt will be vibrated away lol and the bumps will subside. I'm only giving it a 3 as oppose to a 4 because of the extra dirt, I didn't even wear make-up today so...*crossed fingers for future*

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by macsmything

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this about a month ago and wasn't too sure about it. My Dermatologist suggested I try it but it was so expensive. While a Sephora I decided to give it a go and do not regret it at all. It leaves my face feeling so SMOOTH! My lotions seem to just soak in to my skin effortlessly I don't have an oily T-zone anymore and slowly my fine lines around my eyes are minimizing.
Some women do experience a purging phase I did but only for a week I was getting black head but they came out so easily and once that week was over haven't seen them since. For my sensitive skin I switched to the sensitive head and only use it once a day vice the 2 times and my skin is still looking great. Would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Raquel1285

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was first introduced to this product after receiving a facial. Prior to this, I had thought the clarisonic would be too harsh on my sensitive, acne-prone skin. However, my esthetician busted it out and used it in conjunction with CosMedix products. My skin felt amazing afterwards so I decided to buy one. I LOVE IT. I had cystic acne all over my chin/jawline, and I was starting to scar (and I'm pretty fair). I use the clarisonic nightly with CosMedix Purity Clean. I haven't had a single breakout, and my scars are starting to fade. I'm also using glycolic products, but I do believe the clarisonic is helping to keep my skin clear and improve my old acne scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After dealing with acne for over 15 years I had given up to the search of the "miracle product". I've tried everything and nothing worked, and honestly I didn't think this would do it. I do not only have acne, I've got acne scars all over my face and melasma on my cheeks. This stuff has cleared up my face, especially my chin where the bacteria always caused cystic acne, my black and white heads have diminish considerably since I started using it (the week of Thanksgiving 09) and my skin looks a lot better! The melasma is another thing I have to deal with and I didn’t expect the Clarisonic Mia to improve it but I can see a huge difference in my skin since the last couple of months.
I must make clear that I’ve always washed my face thoroughly day and night thinking that I was getting rid of all the dirt and make up, apparently I wasn’t until now; and that that I read reviews on the facial soap that comes with the Mia and apparently it clogs pores, so I’ve never used it -- what I use with it is the Clear and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin ($5+) and/or Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula.($15+). My advice, do remove make up before using the Mia, you can do this with a make up remover wipe or the same soap and water, otherwise it will get nasty; and stop using harsh products on your skin like exfoliants…the Mia and a good facial soap is all you need, and it doesn’t have to be a expensive one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh wow. This is just amazing. My face feels so much better after I use it twice daily. It's just great. that's all i have to say (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been reading the reviews about the original Clarisonic for ages, but since the voltage isn't adapted for Spain i never gave in.
So when the Mia came out i wanted to wait and see the rating it would get.
As i hoped the rating is pretty high and no wonder, it's universal, cheaper, and exactly like the Clarisonic.So i gave in and bought it.
After 4 weeks of twice daily use here are my thoughts:
It is absolutely fantastic.I was afraid that it would irritate my skin since i can't handle exfoliation, but all the contrary, it seems to calm down my sensitive combination skin.I haven't changed anything in my skin care routine so i have to give all the credit to Mia.
I use my Apivita gentle cleanser and massage for 2 minutes, one on my T-zone and one on the rest of my face.No irritation whatsoever.
I follow with my Guerlain Super Aqua lotion using my hands and then with Dior's new Capture Totale One Essential serum.I follow With Guerlain Super Aqua Day and Shiseido Bio-Peformance Super Eye Contour Cream.
My skin has never looked better.It is calm,very very smooth and has a really fresh glow.It stays matte for longer and all signs of dehydration i had have disappeared.
The best thing is since my skin is so clean and exfoliated, i need half the amount of creams than i used to, so they absorb better and the effect is, well, uber skin.
I didn't have a purging period like others have, but then again i don't usually do.
All in all, the reviews are very accurate and the Mia is an absolute winner.
It's something that you don't really need, but it can work magic on your skin,and it can make your regime work twice as fast and more importantly twice as effectively.
I'm glad i bought it and i'm very happy to see the difference it's making in my skin.
Oh one thing i forgot to mention!Blackheads!!I don't have many to start with but they have all disappeared, my pores are visible but since they are clean they don't look so obvious and the smoothness of my skin is making them slowly and gradually less and less noticeable.
Thumbs up and definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by KristinClark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Clarisonic Mia! It gives my face a really deep clean, and I feel like my skin has improved significantly overall. I also love that I can use it in the shower. The battery lasts a pretty decent amount of time too.

Also, I love that it's pink... so cute!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

This little gadget is cheaper than the full-size Clarisonic but it's still pricey. Regardless - I cannot live without my Mia. I have been using it every night for one minute for a couple of months now and my complexion has improved greatly. I normally have a very oily t-zone but my skin is now even and normal. I also have very few breakouts and if I do, the pimples don't last very long. I find the brush very soothing and I now look forward to cleansing every evening!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for a little over a month now and I am very happy. It makes me feel like I've just had a facial, every single day.

At first I was using it morning and night, but then it felt like too much so I started using it at night only. But back then I was using a better cleanser (yeah the product makes a difference) so now I am using it morning and night again because my cleanser doesn't seem to do much without it. Or maybe I am just spoiled by the clarisonic!

My skin has definitely cleared up. I wasn't expecting miracles and I was worried about the "purging period" that other reviewers reported that they went through, but my hormonal breakouts didn't seem any different than normal. It seems that even when I do get breakouts, they clear up faster than normal. The blackheads around my nose and cheeks are nowhere near what they used to be. My other problem - under the skin acne at my chin area is still there, but it's not as noticeable as it used to be.

My clarisonic mia is no miracle worker, and my skin is not flawless and perfect but it has undoubtedly improved in appearance, and some of its underlying problems cleared too.

I have never used a regular clarisonic so I don't know what people are talking about when they say it beeps and such. For me, I just keep it at problem areas longer (such as nose, surrounding nose area and chin) and things seem okay (even though the instructions tell you how long to keep brushing where). It is easy to charge thanks to the universal charger, and brush easy to clean - already bought my replacement that I will use in a couple of months. Quite lightweight, no problems holding it up or anything like that.

One thing I remember is that when I first started using my clarisonic mia, my nose got extremely ticklish and it was hard to use it there. However, within a couple of days it wasn't too bad and now I don't feel ticklish at all. I didn't bother using the cleanser it came with because I heard people say it wasn't very good, and I liked my own cleanser too much to change it. My current cleanser, however, isn't that good so it makes me feel like I'm not getting the most out of this.

I would buy this again - and I will probably buy it for my mother and sister, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received the pink mia as a early birthday present from my wonderful DH. Really early actually as I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my birthday is not until next week!

I have gone through some purging as expected, but I will say my skin has never looked or felt better. I have combo skin that can get dry easily, and no more dry patches. Skin feels amazing, looks amazing.

I use this with my bioderma h2o cleanser. I do use my cleanser first to get off my makeup, and then pour a little bit of my h2o on the brush head and go.

I did debate between the mia and the regular clarisonic, but in the end almost everyone on mua prefers the mia unless they plan to use the body brush attachment in the shower which is not compatible with the mia. I really had no desire to use it with the body brush, and the timer didn't seem necessary. Also, I LOVE the magnetic charger vs the big docking station. DH already complains about my taking up so much space on our bathroom counter so one less clunky charger is a plus :). Plus it's a universal charger, so travel friendly.

And I love how small and compact the mia is, fits in my hand perfectly, and still uses the same size brush heads, so you do not lose any productivity with the mia vs. the full size.

I only use my mia once a day, I haven't tried doing it twice as I feel it would be too much. The sensitive brush head it comes with in very gentle, but if you have VERY sensitive skin I would probably look into getting the delicate brush head for it.

Overall, I absolutely love my mia, my skin is looking smooth and radiant, my skincare products soak in better, and my makeup looks more natural.

Definitely would recommend it to anyone with problematic skin.