October 20, 2014 | 1463 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ksuess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never given a review before but have been looking at this site for years to get reviews on products before I purchase them. I love this product so much that I decided I had to give a review. I am not prone to breakouts but would get monthly pimples on my jawline, etc. I also noticed in the past year that my skin has changed and I've started getting blackheads (which I've never had before). I've tried new products, gone to the dermatologist, had consultations with an esthetician, nothing I used was working. I had heard of Clarisonic before but was hesitant to spend $150 on it. Recently I started hearing from friends how they bought one & it totally changed their skin, etc. I met with a new esthetician & she told me that before she started seeing me for treatments, to go get a Clarisonic, use it for a few months, then come back to see her. Her honesty convinced me to try it. I have been using the Clarisonic Mia for a month now and my skin looks great! I have received multiple compliments from friends saying that my skin looks good. I no longer have blackheads and have had less acne breakouts. I have sensitive skin so I usually only use once a day and mostly at night since it helps to remove my makeup. I have a friend that has the step above the Mia and there is no difference. If you are looking to get a Clarisonic, the Mia is the less expensive one & it works just the same. I LOVE this product and will definitely keep using as part of my beauty regimen!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

While I shouldn't hold this against the product itself, i'm gonna say right off the bat that I am taking off a lippie because BLISS advertised a promotion that included a free extra brush and travel bag; instead of getting that, they sent me TWO "the youth as we know it" skincare baggies. Which aggravated me, as the clarisonic site itself is offering the Mia in THREE colors now, each with an extra brush and a travel bag AND free shipping.
Ok - having said that - i LOVE this product!! I use it in the morning and evening, and I particularly notice a difference in the evening - the cotton pad i use to apply my toner/exfoliator comes away completely clean (this has never happened before, and i did not switch cleansers). My skin is much smoother, and my pores are looking more refined. After about 2 weeks of use, i did develop a LARGE blemish, but then I began spoiling the crops about 2 days later so that could've been hormonal - anyway, it cleared up in about 2 days instead of the usual 2 weeks.
I'm not sure I can see the point of paying more for the full sized brush - but if anyone can provide me with a logical reason i'll listen. The Mia is perfect for my needs, takes up less counter space and treats my skin perfectly :) I heart it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetnessfollows

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well...I had been lusting over the Clarisonic for a few years. Every time I went in Sephora I was always oohing and ahhing over it. I finally got the change to actually purchase a Mia of as Christmas present and... I LOVE IT! I must admit though..I have very sensitive skin and it did irritate me at first , even using the delicate brush I ordered. I learned that I had to either use it once a day or twice a day for half the time (30 seconds) My breakouts have been reduced drastically.....not totally..but enough for me to see vast improvement. Worth the money y'all. This is the best acne fighter I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I definitely recommend the Mia! I wasn't sure if it was going to make much of a difference in my skin, and I didn't want to get my hopes up, but it really does deliver. When I first used it, I thought it was so gentle and the exfoliating action seemed so subtle, I wasn't sure it was going to do much. But apparently it does! It exfoliates and cleanses the skin really well, and I have noticed a reduction in breakouts. It seems to keep breakouts at bay very well - not eliminated, but much improved! And my skin kind of shines after using, like I just got a facial. I use on my neck and chest too, also with good results. I haven't even used aspirin mask/scrub since using this - the Mia exfoliates even better. Some people have said their skin was too sensitive for the sensitive brush head, but mine skin isn't very sensitive and this brush head works well for me. I got mine for $123 at www.skin-etc.com, no tax and free shipping, so I thought that was a pretty good deal!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

i agree to most reviewers.. this is by far one of the breakthrough in skin care products.. like everybody else, i was skeptical to use or buy this.. but.. OMG!!! i'm so glad i did.. best purchased ever.. expensive but totally worth it.. i used to buy the best foundations out there.. with this tool, i probably could wear any make up brands.. cheap or expensive..
anyways, it's my only 5th day.. and here i am .. raving about it already..
so, ok... my first day was exciting.. i did a lot of research.. so i finally gave in.. went to sephora cuz i don't want to wait any longer to use this..got the MIA cuz it's cheaper.. and if it doesn't work for me.. it's not as much waste..
first couple of days, my face got dry.. but i have hope for this product that i didn't give in right away.. continued using it only once a day.. as soon as i get home, i'd wash my face right away with this thing to remove most of the make up..
then, day 3.. my gosh.. my skin is so glowy and just so soft and so beautiful..
i noticed a lot of head turning from the guys at the store lately.. i just feel so confident...
i use less make up now and my skin is so amazingly better.. it's like a miracle.. no kidding and no BS..
ahh... i could go on and on about this...
i just love it!!
thanks clarisonic...
will definitely buy again and i would like to try the delicate brush.. and later on.. will buy the tool for the body so i'm silky smooth everywhere...
ohh.. i got the MIA in pink.. it supports breast cancer and it's a cute color..
=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is by far the best investment I've made in skincare. I've suffered with acne since I hit puberty and any cleansing/toning/topical regimen, from prescription to department to drugstore has only worked temporarily. Then my skin adjusts, and I'm on the hunt for something new. While my skin isn't completely clear, it is miles ahead of anything I can remember. It also feels much smoother and some of my old scars are fading and newer ones don't last as long. The large cystic acne I used to get frequently has only made a couple of appearances since late October when I began using this. I'll probably still try out new cleansers (and I may simply be one of those unfortunate people who never completely gets rid of my adult acne), but I will absolutely continue using the Mia. I was hesitant to purchase, but I knew Sephora's return policy is solid, so I took a chance. So glad that I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Indigoblaze12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Mia yesterday so I guess I'm kind of biased as I haven't allowed a general "2-week trial" for a solid review, BUT I noticed something today that I wanted to comment on. I used it for the 1st time last night with my clenziderm daily gel wash (I'm on the clenziderm 3-step acne program for oily skin, it's been about a month but my skin has improved a lot though it wasn't that bad to begin with) and my skin was definitely glowing which was nice and my skin felt tingly and clean. My serum gel soaked in my skin nicely and I thought this might be something good for me. I used the Mia again tonight and then followed with the clenziderm pore therapy (toner) and found that there was an awful LOT of dirt on the cotton pad! I had to use two before I felt like all of the excess dirt was lifted! I was kind of taken aback because all of the reviews that I've read on this site, other sites and information on the Clarisonic site itself stated that the Mia offered a deep down clean, lifting dirt from pores etc, so why was my skin still laden with dirt after TWO 1-minute cycles? I wanna like this, and my skin does feel quite silky after, but I purchased this with goals and intentions! I have like maybe 4-5 tiny blackheads (so small that you can't see them unless I tilt my head to the side, which I do...alot) on my cheeks that I'm trying to get rid off. They make the texture of my skin seem a lil rough. They had started to clear, but after a wknd of skipping my skin supplements and not being strictly regimented as normal with my 3-step kit they kind of came back. I really hope that when I start using the Mia twice a day (i'm only using it at nite to start to avoid a possible "purge") that the extra dirt will be vibrated away lol and the bumps will subside. I'm only giving it a 3 as oppose to a 4 because of the extra dirt, I didn't even wear make-up today so...*crossed fingers for future*

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by macsmything

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this about a month ago and wasn't too sure about it. My Dermatologist suggested I try it but it was so expensive. While a Sephora I decided to give it a go and do not regret it at all. It leaves my face feeling so SMOOTH! My lotions seem to just soak in to my skin effortlessly I don't have an oily T-zone anymore and slowly my fine lines around my eyes are minimizing.
Some women do experience a purging phase I did but only for a week I was getting black head but they came out so easily and once that week was over haven't seen them since. For my sensitive skin I switched to the sensitive head and only use it once a day vice the 2 times and my skin is still looking great. Would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Raquel1285

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was first introduced to this product after receiving a facial. Prior to this, I had thought the clarisonic would be too harsh on my sensitive, acne-prone skin. However, my esthetician busted it out and used it in conjunction with CosMedix products. My skin felt amazing afterwards so I decided to buy one. I LOVE IT. I had cystic acne all over my chin/jawline, and I was starting to scar (and I'm pretty fair). I use the clarisonic nightly with CosMedix Purity Clean. I haven't had a single breakout, and my scars are starting to fade. I'm also using glycolic products, but I do believe the clarisonic is helping to keep my skin clear and improve my old acne scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After dealing with acne for over 15 years I had given up to the search of the "miracle product". I've tried everything and nothing worked, and honestly I didn't think this would do it. I do not only have acne, I've got acne scars all over my face and melasma on my cheeks. This stuff has cleared up my face, especially my chin where the bacteria always caused cystic acne, my black and white heads have diminish considerably since I started using it (the week of Thanksgiving 09) and my skin looks a lot better! The melasma is another thing I have to deal with and I didn’t expect the Clarisonic Mia to improve it but I can see a huge difference in my skin since the last couple of months.
I must make clear that I’ve always washed my face thoroughly day and night thinking that I was getting rid of all the dirt and make up, apparently I wasn’t until now; and that that I read reviews on the facial soap that comes with the Mia and apparently it clogs pores, so I’ve never used it -- what I use with it is the Clear and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin ($5+) and/or Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula.($15+). My advice, do remove make up before using the Mia, you can do this with a make up remover wipe or the same soap and water, otherwise it will get nasty; and stop using harsh products on your skin like exfoliants…the Mia and a good facial soap is all you need, and it doesn’t have to be a expensive one!