April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by myanimalhome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

this foundation is not for those with pink undertones or very pale skin.
i went into sephora planning on purchasing this product. i got a color match done for me, but even the palest shade was entirely too dark for me. the lady said that all nars foundations are very yellow based, and if you have rosy cheeks or pale skin (or both, in my case) this is going to be your enemy.

i didn't purchase it, obviously. i'd reccomend it to those with the yellow undertone, because even though it didn't match my color it felt very nice and applied easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Annerz507

I have tried over 15 foundations this year. I got this 2 days ago but I am pretty much done hunting. I figured it would just be another one to add to the list but I threw this on the 1st day with no primer and went for a run. I am thrilled! It stayed on, didn't break me out AND made my horrible pick scars way less noticeable! Alot of my foundations applify them and I always have to prime. I am sold. And it didn't oxidize and turn orange (which is a huge problem for me in Hawaii.). Very very happy camper!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by 4arakim

I recently obtained a sample of the foundation from Sephora. I wanted to try out the product before I splurged on a $42 foundation. I am currently using Revlon Colorstay and Revlon Photo Ready, both which I love - therefore I'm not in desperate need of a new foundation.

I am a 300 Golden Beige (Revlon Colorstay), 006 Medium Beige (Revlon Photo Ready), and NC30-NC35 (M.A.C) and I picked up the color Barcelona. It's a perfect match!

I love how little of this product you need to obtain a full coverage. It's a dream to blend in comparison with the Revlon Colorstay. I apply it using a stippling brush and it gives an even airbrushed finish. It covers redness and blemishes pretty well. I'm pleasantly surprised since it's labeled "sheer". The finish is actually matte on me. I also got a sample of the matte version of this foundation which I have yet to try.

This foundation did not make me oily. I blot at least once a day anyways, but other then that it left my face looking fresh even after 8 hours. Also, this foundation does not transfer (which is very important to me).

The only thing that keeps me from running out to buy it is the hefty price tag. I don't know, I'm still torn on whether I should buy it or not. I am definitely impressed though!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jemmaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is crap! If you have a simple it will look like you have a mouse foundation on, or same if you have dry skin. There is no glow and it does not last more than 4 hours. Makes me look dull. Shade match was good but thats about it. Please dont give into the hype. Get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a good foundation, not HG status, but good enough where I'd use it on a daily basis.

It has a very fluid liquid texture, glides/blends on/into skin well and leaves a light to between medium/heavy coverage. With the lighter color, Barcelona, I don't need concealer, but do need concealer with Syracuse. This foundation does look like skin and applies sheer, meaning it almost feels like you don't have foundation on. Feels super light, which has nothing to do with coverage.

This doesn't make my large pores look any better, but overall, it will give you a nice semi matte finish. When I first started using this, it was just matte and felt/looked flat. You have to give it a couple of hours for a glow to show up. It definitely looks better on as time goes by (a couple of hours) and the colors are going to look different on different skin types.

This foundation does look great in photos, with/without flash, at night and in various types of lighting and is also good for video. The ingredients are supposedly formulated to be beneficial to skin, which is an added bonus. Pricey, but good for the skin.

The bottle needs a pump. Otherwise, the packaging is modern/fresh looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by sv

My favorite foundation to date is MUFE HD (#115) for summer & MUFE Mat Velvet + (025) for winter. For reference, I wear MAC Select (NW15) MAC Mineralize Satinfinish (NW20). Curiousity sent me to Sephora to test the sheer glow. The MA matched me to Deauville. Took it home, tried it out, found it to be waaaaay to yellow on me. I returned it and ordered Mont Blanc Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte on the Nars website (Sephora does not carry Mont Blanc), and also purchased the Nars primer. I did my usual routine of moisturizer, primer, foundation. I was dissapointed in the extreme amount of oily shine on my face only a few hours after application (with both the sheer glow and matte). One day I dropped the moisturizer and used only the Nars primer (it is moisturizing on its own), and I got great results. My makeup lasts a long time. Its ranking up there with my beloved MUFE. I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am NC 30 with combination skin.

Pros:
- Light-weight formula makes it go on easy and blends quite naturally
- Water-based is ideal for oily skin
- Buildable coverage

Cons:
- I was matched with the wrong color-match: Santa Fe (too light)
- Would accentuate my dry patches
- Not exactly a "sheer glow" foundation - makes my face look a bit dull

Overall - really expensive foundation that I'm not totally happy with.. maybe if the colour match suited me then I may purchase again... I think I can find better foundations out there

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by OneEva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got my NARS Sheer Glow the other day and got it with a colour match with the help of the Mecca MUA. I've got it in Fiji and it's a perfect colour match for me (I'm a fair but slightly beige asian in winter and have a slight tan in summer). I absolutely love this foundation at the moment because it leaves my skin looking very natural(not covered like a mask) even though it doesn't have a "sheer" coverage like the name. Even the MUA at Mecca stated that it doesn't have a sheer coverage, in fact it's medium to full coverage depending on application. However I've found that you can make it sheer by applying it with fingers and a damp sponge. If you don't want to use your fingers you can put some on your hand to warm it a little and apply with a brush. It feels very light on the skin and feels so soft to touch, it's hard to resist touching your face once you've got it on.
The funniest thing happened the other day when I was wearing my NARS sheer glow. My friends came up to me and asked if i was washing my face differently or if I I had a treatment because my skin looked flawless. They were shocked when I said I got a new NARS foundation and I can happily say I influenced them to get a new bottle of foundation. :)
An added bonus of this foundation is that you don't need to use a lot because it blends so well. I only use approximately pea size amount. This means the foundation is going to last quite a while.
The finish is not luminous and "glowy" but semi matte and looks very good in photo's. I've also noticed that the glow increases as the day progresses but it's not an oily build up.I don't have an oil build up near my T-zone at the end of the day so that's great.
Some have stated that its ridiculous without a pump but I don't think it affects you that much. It's not ridiculously hard to get out without the pump and might be a little messy if you rigorously shake it and aren't careful once you pour it out then you'll get a heap of foundation on your hand (it's slightly runny).
One thing that I don't like about NARS sheer glow is how expensive it is. I wish it was a little cheaper in Australia instead of costing $100 over here in AUS at Mecca. But it's definitely a foundation I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

It's a medium to full coverage foundation, I have it in Stromboli but I'll get Barcelona if I get tanner(Ref NC35-40). I tried it with different primers such as Benefit That Gal, MUFE HD, MAC's P&P Refined Zone, and Cosmedicine Medi-Matte. I tried it using different brushes such as MAC's 109, 190, 187, Sephora#55, #45 and finally my fingers. I also tried it with different finishing powders such as MUFE HD, MAC's Studio Fix, loose powder, and MSF Natural. Even though I'm using all these different techniques and products, Nars Sheer Glow foundation always deliver great coverage and finish, very impressed and happy with this product. It's easier to blend when I prepare my face with toner or charge water before the application. It does look bit yellow and matte on my oily asian skin but after one hour, it blends perfectly with my skin tone and looks dewy and healthy, looks great in photography. I do need to blot after few hours but doesn't bother me. In the summer time, my face gets oilier so I want to try the Sheer Matte version. The bottle without the pump is bit annoying…

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by 99pop99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

At the start of the day this product looks fantastic, although saying sheer, like everyone else, gives a medium coverage, and gives a 'glow', but not dewy, look to your face. But this is at the start of the day. throughout the day my tzone, which isnt that oily, but oily enough for this, makes the foundation separate and enlarges my pores. not very nice at all. feels light, but sometimes looking at it just makes me cringe, and im not really one for touching up through out the day (in school) so i leave it. oh god i dislike it. the only reason i wear it is because i have some red spots on my cheeks. on some days, also, if my skin isnt to happy, the foundadtion goes on really cakey. strange.

DONT USE PRIMER! last time i used primer with this product it made my face really cakey, eeew,!

i wont rebuy this, and if you have slightly bad skin i do not recommend it to you. im going to try shu uemura face architect next, that sounds preettty good!