July 28, 2014 | 1010 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by xpeach_lollipopx

Pros:
-Makes my skin glow like nobody's business
-Last for a good 8 hours (unless i'm waitressing, and am sweating, than it lasts about 5 hours)
-great coverage
-great color match
-it's lasted forver. i got it last january and there is still a lot left!
-didn't break me out (i still have my usual acne, but it didn't break me out worse)

Cons:
-my skin is oily and it doesn't really help control it, but it also doesn't make it more oily
-expensive (for my budget, anyways)
-i wish it were in a pump bottle (but it's no biggie)

it recommends applying with your hands (i usually only do this when i'm in a rush), but i apply it with my MAC stippling brush. it looks best with the stippling brush, but using your hands looks just as good. i would recommend putting a light powder over it if your have oily skin like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by clandis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this, I thought it was OK but didn't like the packaging. I went on the NARS website and bought the pump, and I'm using less. One pump is enough, no waste, and I find I use less and get enough coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by magda1991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product about 6 months ago and so far I'm pretty impressed. I still have about half the bottle left which is pretty good since I use it everyday.
Many people recommend applying it with fingers since your skin warms the product up but I prefer to use make up brushes. I use a MAC 187 to apply, it can look a little streaky but when you use a fluffy brush to put your powder on, on top it looks perfect.
I find that the product reaches it's maximum potential when used with NARS primer and the NARS loose powder; however, I've used it with MAC powders and Urban Decay primers and it looks great too.
It didn't break me out at all, infact it improved my skin! Sometimes I even sleep in it when my skin is breaking out because I find the foundations helps my skin heal.

The only reason I give it 4/5 is because sometimes it can excentuate dry paches and I will forever be looking for a HG foundation.

For reference I'm the colour Punjab and I have combination skin prone to break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by gatuzm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

FINALLY! I got my hands on this when I saw it up for auction on Ebay for a relatively cheaper price. **Now, I know others may have a problem with ebay, but I find it perfectly fine as long as you make sure that the seller has good ratings and feedbacks. And plus, most likely you will find awesome deals/prices for these high end makeups.

Some background on my skin type. I am pretty oily, mostly on the t-zones, and just normal everywhere else. So as you may think, I was def. worried that this would make me look like a grease ball. Im also a MAC NC 35-40. I got this in the shade Stromoli, only because it has a yellow undertone to it, and I was afraid that Barcelona would come out too dark or even peachy on me. Id rather get a foundation that is lighter, and just be able to fix it up with some bronzer. That way, I can use it both in the summer and also winter.

I apply this foundation with my hands (sanitized), just so that I can warm up the foundation and allow it to blend in better with my skin. My initial reaction is, it honestly at first doesn't give me the 'glow', more of a satin-like finish, but after a couple of hours, instead of making me the grease ball look, the 'glow' that everyone talks about finally shows up, even with the 100 degrees weather outside, it managed to look nice and not greasy whatsoever. And with that, I definently find that this foundation gives me a natural look, as the Revlon Colorstay look cakey.

A little goes a long way, its definently buildable. I keep it pretty sheer, because I don't like the overly done face. Just as long as my skintone is evened out, Im okay with it.

I would def. repurchase it. Whether on Ebay or Nars, I wouldn't mind, because I def. think that this foundation is worth the money. The best part about it is that it doesn't have SPF, so when it comes to photographs, it doesn't give my face that pale mask-like look.

OH! And so far, no breakouts whatsoever. I've been using it for a couple days in a row, and so far, Im loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by VanillaSnow4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg this product totally lived up to its hype! I'm NC30/35 and purchased the colour Punjab online; great match.

I normally use MAC Studio Fix Powder and was a little bit weary of trying this out because I do tend to get an oily t-zone; but this foundation is a-mazing!! It gives even coverage, very light and easy to work with, you will end up with such a nice, healthy glow - and if I do feel my face is looking too shiny I just dust on some of MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Powder (Medium) and it works perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Ashleeerika

This is my Holygrail foundation. I used to use flawless by Prescriptives(Tawny) until Prescriptives went out of business. Then I used Mac Studio Scupt(NC 44) which covered well but came off too easy and made me breakout.
I use Sheer Glow in Tahoe. It feels weightless on the skin but
covers so well and only a little bit is needed. I use this without powder. At the end of the day my makeup still looks great (8 + hours).
My skin is lighter in the fall/winter so I now use syracuse and my skin looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jessmakeupjunkie

I really like the coverage of this foundation, but I can't use it every day. Unless I'm very moisturized it does look a little dry and I break out easily so I try to stick with organic foundations like Tarte on a daily basis. I do use this though for nights out and special occasions. If my skin wasn't so sensitive I would definitely use it more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by mschinadoll

Wow!
This foundation is by far the best I have ever owned.
It's so hard to find a foundation to match my skin, but this in deauville is a perfect match. My skin is acne prone and this foundation has medium coverage and does NOT break me out <3
I gave in to all the hype and paid $99AUD :(
But in my opinion is worth it 100%.
I always use my fingers to apply foundation but a stippling brush makes the foundation application flawless.
If you don't have this BUY IT!!!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been trying to find the perfect foundation... I read the reviews here and really wanted to try this out. The company unfortunately did not have samples, and I refuse to buy before I try. I made the mistake of reading the ingredients, and one really stood out to me. Here's the ingredients.

All shades contain:
Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [+/- (may contain): CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)].

So, the one that sticks out is Sodium Glutamate... Aka Monosodium Glutamate... AKA MSG... Not sure why they'd put that in there, but I certainly won't put it on my face! They say not to have too much MSG because it will break you out... Skip eating it, just rub some on your face! I tried getting samples from Sephora who didn't have any, once I found out it had MSG I mentioned it to them in an e-mail. They said that Korres Ginger & Vitamins has a similar finish and is supposed to be more natural, just an FYI, but I haven't checked out the ingredients in that fndtn yet. So, if you used this and broke out, that's probably why. I didn't check the rest of the ingredients after that, I was too put off by the MSG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sdk

Apart from the fact that this foundation is quite pricey and could have a better lid.. this is actualy a good foundation!
Ive read so many mixed reviews about this and i wasnt sure what to beleive or expect.. the MUA at selfridges matched me so well and gave me great tips, he applied this with his finger and only used a small amount.. this was a perfect foundation covered the right amount, had a perfect finish and everything about it was so simple and perfect and the best thing was the fact that it actually looked like your own skin and farr from the words 'cakey' it has the perfect amount of coverage and evens skin tone yet it still allows your skin to breathe.. the consistency of this is not sheer and is definetly not heavy its the absolutly perfect balance (very liquidy).. its not a miracle product or anything like that but to me this is what 'foundation' is supposed to be like its perfect in everyway. I did read alot of reviews saying that this only applies properly with a MAC 109 so i brought one the same day as this.. but when the MUA applied with his fingers it looked flawless and lasted on me all afternoon into the night so i didnt need to use the brush =].. i think maybe the problem other reviewers may have is that they arent using moisturiser and primer.. but even if i did not use a primer this foundation still would look natural and well blended.. they must be doing something wrong?