December 18, 2014 | 1143 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

After falling in love with NARS from their collection of Blushes (I still and will forever love NARS blushes), I decided to buy NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli.
I heard one of my favourite youtuber spoke highly of it, I immediately went out to my closest NARS counter to get a colour match and also to buy it. At the counter with all the superficial lighting, the SA matched me to Stromboli, which looked great right there right then.
After spending $200 at Mecca Cosmetica that day, I was feeling a little a dodgy already, and the last thing I need was for my foundation to be horrible.
I wore Sheer Glow for a week, and let just say I cannot justify the price of $99AUD for this foundation (Makeup in Australia is a real rip off). My first disappointment was the shade Stromboli has a very heavy yellow undertone which in natural/ordinary lighting did not match me at all, I looked like I was glowing yellow all the time. But nonetheless I was more into the quality of this foundation, so if the colour wasn't right I can just get an exchange no problem.
This foundation was very easy to blend, it is light to medium coverage, I dont believe I can build it up. It dries really quick to a slight powdery finish so I dont need to set it with a powder nor would I need a powder on top of this foundation. It feels very light on, but again durability is so poor it wont even last for 2 hours. rubs of on everything, by 11am my face will look like it's completely naked. It doesn't matter whether I used a good primer or not, this foundation was just horrifying to me.
Absolute waste of money, and this wasn't the only NARS liquid foundation I was upset with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I begin this review with a disclaimer. It is quite possibly I will love this very soon. I bought it in a blog sale for half the price of retail because I had been lemming it for so long. The first two times I wore it...amazing, absolutely beautiful. Long-lasting, dewy coverage. Then I wore it twice more...and eh, not so much. Even with my HG primer, it still wore off by the end of the day, something that hadn't happened the other two times. I have combination oily skin, but with my primer, even drugstore foundations stay all day. I did use a different brush the second time, so maybe that had something to do with it. But I will definitely keep trying because I love it at first so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

I bought this foundation for the first time several months ago. I tried it a several times and was not overly impressed so I put it away for a while. I pulled it out and started using it again a few weeks ago and I have really started to like it. The coverage is good when I apply it with a foundation brush. The first few times I used it, I applied with my finger tips and the coverage was a bit too sheer for me. It has a dewy finish and I do have to blot a bit during the day but nothing major. The packaging could be better but its as close to HG status I have found so far. I have fair skin and use the Light6 color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by patrixia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation and for now this is my HG! I use the color Barcelona and it was after watching youtube gurus review it that made me bought it. I have been using this for 8 months now. However, I have yet to find a way to use this during the summer season since I get all shiny and feels like it just melts on my face. Not crazy about the packaging too, it can be messy. It is a buildable foundation, I apply it using a make up wedge and doesn't dry up quickly so I don't need to rush when applying it on my face just like the way I do with my Revlon Colorstay.I have acne scars and used to break out a lot. I have very sensitive skin. Mac studio fix broke me out and for now am apprehensive trying Mac foundations. This foundation DID NOT break me out, gave me great coverage and blended well with my skin tone. I have tried a lot of foundations and so far NARS & Revlon Colorstay are the products that didnt cause my skin to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cloudaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have both sheer matte and glow because I love it so much!. Im in shade Deauville. OMG! ok let me tell you I have really bad acne on my chin area and with this foundation covers A LOT of it. Sometimes I dont even have to use my MAC select cover up concealer. It is greaaaat with the NARS powder. It last thru the whole day and its OIL FREE! which is great for acne skin like me. Goodbye MAC Helllo NARS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sterrazas

Great foundation! Its what Ive been looking for...A nice finish, great coverage, no caking. Awesome when applied with a stippling brush, thats the secret! Sigma F80 is great for this. Pump would be awesome, most foundations dont come with a pump though, and on can actually be purchased seperately for this bottle. Worth the money! NC 15/20= Fiji.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rani003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Im not too keen on this foundation but I am really trying hard to use it often and see whether my opinion changes...but no...it has not and I regret to say that I am not really a Nars Sheer Glow fan...actually tbh, im not a NARS makeup fan fullstop (***ducks and hides***).

This foundation has an amazing texture, feel and look to the skin but after a while, the foundation really starts to cake on my t-zone. I have a normal-oily t-zone but this foundation starts to look really patchy and makes my skin look really dry to the point where if someone were to look close to my face, they would think woahhhhh! lol

I have tried to use a stipling brush and a flat foundation brush and the foundation still cakes after about 4 hours. Am going to give it one last chance and use my fingers to pat it in and blend. If it works...greatttt and if it does not...o well...i gave it a go :)

Foundations normally last me about a year anyways but I will not be repurchasing this one. Also I don't like the fact that it does not have a pump so you risk spillages! Looks like i'll be sticking to my Clinique Superfit Foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by babypeach7

I love this foundation. I am a nc30 and mix Nars Punjab and Fiji, because Punjab is slightly too dark and orangey on me. It has decent staying power and gives a nice dewy glow. A little goes a long way, so watch out with how much you apply otherwise it can get cakey. I have acne scars and this covers them beautifully. Coverage can be build up.

Handy tip for people that hate the fact it comes without a pump:
I was getting really annoyed by the packaging and the amount of product I wasted, so I tried to fit the pump of my empty Make Up For Ever HD Foundation bottle on the Nars Sheer Glow bottle and it's a perfect fit! I only had to cut the small tube to match the length of the Nars bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great foundation. i really wish it came with a pump though. i just dab a bit on my face and then blend it in with a brush. i like how you can control the coverage and how much product you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by thchocolateluver07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't understand why so many people hate this, i love this foundation so much and i love how you can build it up to hide blemishes. I use the incredible powder brush from ELF, and stipple it on everywhere and i get such a perfect glow to my face it makes be look beautiful when i look in the mirror and i hate having to set it because it takes away my wonderful dewy look but i have oily skin so have to set with powder, and for those of you who have scars or blemishes try to add some extra over your first layer and let it sit for a couple seconds to let it dry up a bit then use your brush and stipple it on a bit more itll do the trick!! I just love this foundation so much, its sad people dont see what i see :(.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No