August 28, 2014 | 863 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't get what the hype is about this foundation. it was very average to me. It did not look particularly natural on - it looked like I was wearing foundation, a bit mask like. it looked a bit dry on spots of my face too. Color selection is also not great - I thought they didn't make a color to match me when I tested it at Sephora because Siberia was way too light but Deauville and Fiji way too dark. Then in Nordstrom they had 2 colors they didn't have in Sephora - Gobi and Mount Blanc which matched me pretty well...but not perfectly.
Overall I was disappointed. Bobbi Brown natural finish foundation, MUFE HD, and Diorskin look MUCH more natural and flawless on, and also don't show any dry spots on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i love how this goes on very lightly, and if you just dip a q-tip inside you can smooth it onto your skin like a tinted moisturizer almost. i just love that it evens out my skin, gives it a nice glow, doesn't make me oily, and looks natural.

i find that when i use any short of foundation brush it looks heavy and a bit cakey, however when i stick to using my fingers it makes my skin BEAUTIFUL

im a happy camper :)
ive ran around the bend trying out numerous amounts of foundations and haven't really been happy with anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kristinefletcher05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently ran out of my Stila Illuminating foundation in 50 Watts and liked the fact it was sheer, but was not overly impressed by it, and it did absolutely nothing to control oil. I tried the Chanel Teint Innocence yesterday and I wanted to immediately scrape it off! It settled into my pores and it had giant flecks of gold which only emphasized them even more. My skin tends to be combo-oily (my t-zone, nose, and chin get fairly oily throughout the day)

Ideally, there are 4 things I am looking for in a foundation. #1: sheer to medium coverage. (I have pretty good skin, with an occasional breakout, but nothing concealer can't cover) and I have quite a few freckles. I want a foundation that can even everything out without looking cakey or fake.
#2. Something that doesn't exaggerate my already fairly large pores.
#3: A foundation that is long wearing that doesn't leave me blotting my face every few hours.
#4: Something that looks natural and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.

I had heard positive things about the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus+ and decided to try it out. I was matched as a color 35 but after a few hours, it oxidized and looked much darker on my skin. It was also VERY matte and I wasn't a huge fan.

In my quest for the perfect foundation, I went to Sephora & Macy's yesterday and got samples of the Nars Sheer Glow, Dior Skin Nude Natural Glow, and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. The NARS sheer glow was the first one I used and I am BLOWN AWAY!! This stuff really is amazing. The coverage is great, while still being light. Now I can not testify as to it's staying power yet because I have only had it on for a few hours but I LOVE the way it feels and looks. It is not too matte or dewy, but more of a satin finish. Makes my skin look flawless and very soft! I see no shine break-through and I am thoroughly impressed.

The SA at Sephora told me only to use my fingers as well, and I have no qualms doing so considering it was so easy to apply and blend. (The consistency is absolutely great, btw I was matched in "Santa Fe") I applied NARS Balancing moisturizer first, followed by the Mary Kay Oil Mattifer, followed with Dr. Brandts "Pores No More" Primer, finished with the Sheer Glow Foundation. I set it with NARS Loose Powder (amazing stuff by the way) Pressed the power into my face and buffed with my Shu Eumura Powder Brush and Voila! Amazing! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

The best liquid foundation I have tried:)

I dont get black heads or pimples of foundation, but this gave me a HUGE breakout:( Its so sad becasue is the best foundation I have wear that is liquid. you only need a tiny bit to cover up, it last all day and it looks really that you dont have any makeup on at all

I have never used a foundation that I got a breakout from...
try this if you have really good skin:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by tittillate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the highlight of this foundation is the fact that a little goes a long way. you don't need to slap on a lot. it feels light weight, yet it covers fairly well. i'd say it's a medium coverage, but you can build on. i have the shade punjab, which is a bit too yellow for me, but all the other shades didn't necessarily work for me either. this foundation is easily to work with. it's not as thick as revlon colorstay. it gives you a satin finish and it doesn't take away the natural dimensions in your face. there's no scent at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by yamyam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

by far the best foundation i have ever tried, this never fails to make my skin look flawless but still natural!
the finish is absolutely beautiful and it blends effortlessly, i find it easier to apply with my fingers but buffer brushes do the job too!!
because it is so expensive i save it for special occasions and nights out, it is long lasting! the only complaint i have for this product is the lack of a pump which ive read was duo to the skin treatment ingredients in it that require you to shake the foundation before u apply, so they felt the screw top was ideal..... mistake!
holy grail!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Evani1129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!!!! This is the best foundation ever for me. It last all day and I love the finish. The coverage is really buildable. I've tried so many high end foundation even more expensive than this one, but none of them can compare to the NARS sheer glow. I think if you have dry skin, you should try this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well to start with I love this foundation. I use it over Moisturizer and Clairins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch and put MUFE HD powder over top and I have gotten lots of compliments on my skin and foundation and this has NEVER happened to me before! I am pale and use Mont Blanc and was surprised I didn't need the lightest shade in this which I usually do and even then sometimes in other brands it is still too dark.
My Skin: Oily and Dehydrated, larges pores and Acne Scars
I know under normal circumstances a glowy foundation should not be used for this skin type but with the powder over top it is perfect!
This has never broken me out and provides eenough coverage for my blotchy skin with just a touch of MUFE full cover concealer to cover my dark red pigmentation scars.
It's really nice that is not greasy but not drying either and feel like Nothing is on my skin which is one of the most important things for me in foundation. with the primer it lasts all day.
it's lovely unless you are looking for a Dewy foundation becaus eit isn't really dewy at all

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Sorry, this did not work for me at all. Left me jaundace and just not a color that is real skin. I received a sample in Sante Fe, with my skin having warm undertones. It gave the strangest look of being super brightening, to the face it looked awfully strange. No thanks. I want my foundation to be real, not obivious to have people wonder the color of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Inevitably, I was sucked in by all the good reviews, so I picked up a sample from Sephora. I'm an NC20 and I THINK I was matched to Deauville. The Sephora I went to was severely understaffed and the poor SA was in a hurry, and I can't read his handwriting. The chicken scratch I've been trying to decipher starts with a 'D' so I'm assuming it's Deauville.

I like the medium coverage. I need light to medium coverage to cover my old acne scars, milia, that whole shebang, and this covered really nicely. And true to its name, glowy and pretty natural looking. I dabbed this with fingers on sections of my face, then blended with my SK skunk brush. It blends really well in my experience, and the texture is light and kind of liquidy.

Too bad I started breaking out as soon as I slapped this on my face. And then the zits shrunk away into oblivion right after washing it off (which was kind of awesome and magical to witness). Never had that happen before... I might give this another go to see how my skin reacts to it again. All in all though, I really liked this foundation, and understand the raves for it. It's a lovely foundation for evening skin texture and concealing redness and mild acne, with a natural-looking finish. I definitely recommend trying a sample first though, especially if you have sensitive skin.