Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 7/4/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I was a little skeptical after reading all of the negative reviews for this product but I have to say after using this for the last month, this has become one of my favorite- can't believe the results type of product! The smell is the only thing I don't like...It's a mixture of wet dog and tangerine. Other than that my skins looks almost flawless! It is super heavy but gentle. I use it at night before bed and wake up with "dewy" skin. I could almost go without makeup (but I refuse, love it too much). This cream really sooths aggravated, inflamed skin too. I can even put it on my super sensitive chest and back with no problem (even Purpose moisturizer makes my chest breakout). The only thing it doesn't seem to do is fade my sun damage spots on my nose and cheeks...may have to get something a little stronger for that. Overall I am pleasantly surprised at the results and would recommend.

on 7/2/2008 2:09:00 AM

i hate this product! i thought i would love it. i received a tester of it and was excited. when i tried it out.. the first thing i noticed was that it smelt really really bad so i was like blehhh i hope this stuff works good=/, then i put it on and it felt so thick and oily on my face...... i waited for it to dry and it took soo soo long. a few hrs later my face felt reallyyyy soft but i hate it cuz i cant use it every morning before makeup when in a rush. i dont like the feel, smell, and everything else about this cept for the fact that it does make it soft. =/ such an irritating product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Even if this were the best darn moisturizer ever, I would never use it again because of the smell, which is like rotting plastic and does *not* dissipate. I'm going to have to wash my face as soon as I get home or I'm sure the boyfriend will complain. I would. It's the stinkiest product I've ever used.
But it's not even the best moisturizer ever. Not even close! My face has felt greasy all day. I went barefaced thank goodness, because if I hadn't, I'm sure my makeup would be sliding right off. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 6/30/2008 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

why am i keep buying crappy products... this didn't do anything for me except irritating. yet i didn't breakout hence 3 stars.
no moisturizing quality. too dry. and smells bad. gotta stop buying stuff.

on 6/29/2008 5:46:00 PM

I was really excited when buying this product because I've heard so many good things about it, but it ruined my skin. First off, it smells terrible. Secondly, it completely dried out my combination skin. Every morning when I woke up, I had red bumps all over my skin and it itched like crazy. I started breaking out. I stopped using it within 2 weeks and have gone back to my drugstore Olay Total Effects.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

With all of the hype associated with this product (magazines, television, even Oprah!), I was expecting a fabulous moisturizer.

This moisturizer was way too greasy for my combination sensitive skin! Plus, the smell is terrible (very medicinal, almost rancid). I prefer a moisturizer without fragrance, so I'm not comparing this to floral/fruity moisturizers.

I tried this back when I was in high school and didn't like it. My skin has matured a bit, so I gave it another try a couple of years ago. I still don't care for it.

I can't decide if I love this or hate it. I love the way it goes on, and the way my skin feels right after. I have combination skin with clogged pores, but the dry areas on my face are really dry. And while this didn't make my face greasy or shiny, it also seemed like my skin felt dry again very soon after i put it on. I've bought this probably two times in the past with high hopes, and each time I swore I wouldn't buy it again. I'm hoping that this will be the last time I subject myself to "hope", because hope without any results is just not good enough. After a couple weeks of using this product religiously, I find that it makes my pores smaller, my skin less oily, and the overall texture of my skin much smoother and nice. that sounds good, and it is. But there's a down side. and the bad side is VERY bad imo. though the majority of my skin looks better than normal, I end up getting HUGE breakouts where I never would have gotten them before. and I mean MONSTER ZITS. Yuck!. So right now I've stopped using this, and while my face heals (please let it be soon!) i'll be on the lookout, always, for a perfect product.....

Philosophy has not quite won me over to the dark side with this one yet. While I liked it when I had it, I am not driven to repurchase it often mainly because I don't think it's worth the price.

I like the way it absorbs into my skin almost instantly. It does not feel greasy. I can put it on day or night and it doesn't cause cystic pimples.

With that said, I hate the smell. I am very sensitive to smell, and this just smells chemical.

on 6/18/2008 4:05:00 AM

I actually liked this moisturizer and may go and purchase the big jar as soon as I finish up my other moisturizers. Went on smooth and not as greasy as other applications (like Everywear by EDM) and absorbed fairly quickly. Will wait for a sale or something because it is quite expensive...

on 6/17/2008 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I liked this moisturizer and used it for about 6 months, but I stopped using it because I could not justify spending over 30 dollars on a moisturizer. It didn't break me out and it moisturized pretty well, but I get the same results from Olay Complete at a fraction of the price.

Popular Moisturizers