Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 7/12/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

yikes! i bought this because a friend of mine used it and her lashes looked awesome. however, mine didn't do so well. they ended up really straight. and my god, the smell!!! i keep getting little bursts of it all day long. it's some horrifying antique rose scent. i seriously debated going to the bathroom at work and washing it off. i think the packaging idea was cute, but that was the best thing about this product. will most definitely NOT be buying this one again.

on 7/10/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The mascara tub was very unique and that was probably the main fact I got it… I have an obsession with mascaras and I but every new one that comes out I usually love ALL of Maybelline’s products. But this one just sucked… when I put it on all it did was make my already extremely long eyelashes longer and straight as a pole I was all around depressed by this product just because I loved the way the tube was shaped even though it hurt trying to open it….

on 7/9/2009 3:25:00 PM

im one of the few it seems to like this product, i thought it really did gave amazing length! This is a mascara you do not want to put multiple layers with because it tends to clump alot. The formula smells awful and is extremely thick and you cannot avoid rubbing the excess off on the side or you will get goop all over your eyes. I like the wand but it does tend to get too much formula on the tip. It does not give "volume" at all so if your lashes are thin i doubt this is for you but if you need a little length or want to open up your eyes then i would reccomend this!

BAD BAD BAD product

on 7/8/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

HORRIBLE! i can't believe Maybelline would actually put their name on this garbage. i am a true mascara queen and try to get my hands on as many new versions as my wallet allows so i've tried a lot of good ones and a lot of really, really bad ones but Stiletto Lash goes down in Mascara Horror History. the marketing and packaging is adorable and very enticing and the promise of super long, SHINY lashes sounded fantastic to me so i eagerly purchased a tube. turns out that instead of formulating a decent mascara, Maybelline decided to package road tar and call it a day! the actual product is THICK, STICKY, CLUMPY and matte-as-matte-can-be. there is no shine here! i was literally disgusted when trying to apply this mascara, which clumped and fused my lashes together, killed my curl like it was mascara's very own Freddy Krueger and ended up sitting thickly and wetly atop my (now straightened) lashes. it really is shockingly bad! if you're contemplating purchasing this mascara because the marketing suckered you in and you (like myself) could never afford the real Louboutins the packaging is subliminally causing your brain to lust over then i hope you will consider these two facts: 1. the models in ALL Maybelline mascara commercials and print ads wear INSANELY unnatural false lashes, which i think should be illegal as how can you advertise a mascara when your model isn't even wearing it?!?! it'd be like advertising a hair product on a model who was wearing a wig and 2. Make Up Alley's ratings are never THAT far off-- check out how many people dislike this mascara enough that they'd never purchase it again! if you're set on buying your mascara from Maybelline because of brand loyalty, i'd suggest their Colossal Lash, it really is a great mascara for a decent price.

on 7/8/2009 3:53:00 PM

I can't get past the smell. I can smell it the WHOLE day.
It makes my eyelashes look like stilettos.... straight as a rod.
It might be because it wasn't waterproof. My lashes don't do well with non-waterproof mascara.

on 7/8/2009 12:57:00 AM

Wow..this is no better than Great Lash in my opinion. Did nothing for length, just basically 'painted' my lashes black. Save your money ladies!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow. This mascara is amazing. While I am confused by the amount of negative reviews, I am also seeing a pattern in them. The majority of the positive reviews seem to be coming from ladies with naturally long (and maybe thin?) lashes, and my lashes also fit that description. Maybe this mascara is good for accentuating naturally long lashes (rather than creating long lashes)? All I can say is the length I get from this stuff is unbelieveable. I receive at least one compliment/comment about my long lashes every single time I use this. The look this mascara creates for me can only be described as "dramatic." I agree with other reviewers that I have no clue what "glossy finish" they are talking about in the ads, I get nothing like that from this product...but I don't really care about that so I didn't take off a lippie. This product also does nothing as far as volume, but if you're looking for length this stuff is definitely worth a try. I found this at Rite Aid discounted 40% off (I ended up paying about 5 bucks) and it seems to be this price at all Rite Aids I've been to lately, so I would suggest picking it up there if you want to try it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara thinking that I would love it. WRONG! I hate this mascara. I tried many many times to try to make it work for me. I just can't. The only thing it does for me is make my lashes look black (a really dull black, but black) and add a tiny bit of length. Other than that it just clumps my lashes together and makes it look like i have only 7 lashes. It also smells terrible, in my opinion. Now my sister loved the smell but i hated it. It's a really strong rose smell that i can smell the entire time that I am wearing it. I do not reccomend this product at all. A waste of $8. Now what am i supposed to do with a full tube of crappy mascara?

I like the length my short top lashes gets from this mascara, but it tends to clump and smudge on me. I typically now only use this for dramatic night looks, because it is too clumpy for everyday wear. It does add some length, but the length just doesn't overcome the huge amount of clumpiness.

Popular Mascaras