October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by petitechatonne

I think this is a pretty good mascara. When I first got it, I was a bit underwhelmed, but now it's really growing on me. It lengthens amazingly, gives a bit of volume, no clumping, no flaking, no smudging. It's imperative that you apply your second coat while the first coat is still wet otherwise you get horrible clumps and you'll have to start from scratch which is always a pain. The smell is actually very nice. I love that it doesn't smell like makeup or chemicals. It smells like roses and lilacs to me. Very similar to my Korres Wild Rose Foundation scent actually. But if you don't like your makeup having a scent, pass this one up. This mascara is also quite long-wearing while keeping my lashes flexible and curled. Not many mascaras can do that. My lashes look naturally amazing all day long until I wash it off with my cleanser. No need for makeup remover here. Comes off really easily and there's absolutely no stinging.

All in all, I've come to love this mascara. This just shows that a drugstore mascara can be comparable to high end mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by megx829

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my favorite mascara!
i've tried every mascara out there high end and drug store. Diorshow used to be my favorite but then i found this mascara.
i have short "asian" lashes, which are considered straight. I use this mascara with my shisheido mascara base, and my eyelashes are super long. I love it. I recommend this product if you're looking for super long lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by nb1113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Floral smell to it? No claimed "shine, or patent shine"
BUT.. catches eye lashes amazing and gives false lash effect. Not build-able, if applied too much; can leave lashes looking "spidery"

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by MsMarla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous mascara! It really does catch every single lash. It makes my lashes look long and shiny. It does not clump and it does not smudge. I even apply it to my bottom lashes - not one smudge, during the entire day!
The brush is made to quickly and easily apply this mascara. You only need one coat. TRY THIS ONE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Shonnette4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me it did do what it claims which is lengthens your lashes. But it doesn't give it any volume to the point where it made it look like I had just a few long lashes. Glad I tried this product though, made me realize that my lashes are long enough and that I just need to stick with mascaras that will add volume. Will finish up this tube layered with a mascara for volume but won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by InaAK47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only time I found this product useful was when doubled over Maybellines Colossal Volume mascara. CV gave lots of plumb but not enough height, so Stiletto took care of that rather well. However on its own, I found it made a very sparse, weak looking mascara and had the unfortunate "spider effect". Useful when used over another mascara, but not dramatic enough for me to be used solo.

***reading other reviews, I didn't find it smelt at all...and yes, what the heck is this "Patent leather shine" business? It dries flat like every other mascara out there :P

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by 1950sblonde

Sure this smelled pretty bad, and I think it cost me about $7, but that doesn't bug me because it lengthened my eyelashes by 3x easily. I have brown/blond eyelashes that are pretty long already, but when I used this it made them amazingly long. It does smell really bad dry, but I couldn't smell it when it was dry. As for clumping, I know how to not make mascara clump so I didn't find it clumped. If you apply a coat then wait it doesn't clump at all. I found it held curl very well if you curl your lashes before use, or not at all.

Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it didnt do really anything special and smelled AAWFULLLL i could smell it even when it was dry! what a waste of 7 bucks blech

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ljarigina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess this mascara is OK- not too good, not too bad...it gives a bit of a length. It does though clump if you apply more then one coat...It does not give any volume and does not hold curl..You can see and feel that product is cheap, but if one is on the budget, this is perhaps a good way to go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: $6.99
Pros: Fairly cheap, makes my lashes super long, separates
Cons: FLAKES, Brush is wayy too long so it's hard to get to all the lashes without accidentally getting some on your face
WILL NOT buy again