August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by InaAK47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only time I found this product useful was when doubled over Maybellines Colossal Volume mascara. CV gave lots of plumb but not enough height, so Stiletto took care of that rather well. However on its own, I found it made a very sparse, weak looking mascara and had the unfortunate "spider effect". Useful when used over another mascara, but not dramatic enough for me to be used solo.

***reading other reviews, I didn't find it smelt at all...and yes, what the heck is this "Patent leather shine" business? It dries flat like every other mascara out there :P

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by 1950sblonde

Sure this smelled pretty bad, and I think it cost me about $7, but that doesn't bug me because it lengthened my eyelashes by 3x easily. I have brown/blond eyelashes that are pretty long already, but when I used this it made them amazingly long. It does smell really bad dry, but I couldn't smell it when it was dry. As for clumping, I know how to not make mascara clump so I didn't find it clumped. If you apply a coat then wait it doesn't clump at all. I found it held curl very well if you curl your lashes before use, or not at all.

Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it didnt do really anything special and smelled AAWFULLLL i could smell it even when it was dry! what a waste of 7 bucks blech

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ljarigina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess this mascara is OK- not too good, not too bad...it gives a bit of a length. It does though clump if you apply more then one coat...It does not give any volume and does not hold curl..You can see and feel that product is cheap, but if one is on the budget, this is perhaps a good way to go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: $6.99
Pros: Fairly cheap, makes my lashes super long, separates
Cons: FLAKES, Brush is wayy too long so it's hard to get to all the lashes without accidentally getting some on your face
WILL NOT buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by CatIrwin

This lengthens and is very buildable. I usually use this a regular, every day mascara and I can either swipe on one coat or build it up for a more drama. I prefer to use LashBlast at night because it's more dramatic, but this is a good alternative in super cute packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by b0hemianl0ve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the users who said this mascara smells weird...but it doesn't bother me and goes away once the product dries. I like how glossy the application turns out. Very black and gives me some decent length. I also like it because its more of a wet mascara...however the draw back to that is it takes a little while to dry. All in all, I love this product and would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara has a FUNKY smell. This is the first time I have experienced a mascara with a smell. It does a great job at lengthening my lashes but it does not give me any volume or holds a curl at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ehh. Maybe I'm just spoiled by NYX Doll Eye Long Lash but this mascara really did nothing for me. I didn't notice ANY volume, the very slightest bit of length and hard brittle lashes. I returned it immediately and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

This is supposed to be the replacement for Unstoppable according to their website. I think the only thing they changed was the packaging and the brush. I liked Unstoppable for a d/s mascara. I think Unstoppable curled my lashes a bit more than this one. I get good wear 9even in 90 degree weather), easy removal, a natural lengthening effect, very little volume (but it doesn't promise volume on the packaging). You are one brush stroke away from the spider look, so don't glop it on. Why 4 lippies? I don't know where they get "patent leather look" because I don't see the glossiness - even in the very black formula, and like Unstoppable, this provides a natural look more than a dramatic look like the advertising suggests. I would repurchase especially if on sale.