December 18, 2014 | 1043 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kristenleigh3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. This mascara is amazing. While I am confused by the amount of negative reviews, I am also seeing a pattern in them. The majority of the positive reviews seem to be coming from ladies with naturally long (and maybe thin?) lashes, and my lashes also fit that description. Maybe this mascara is good for accentuating naturally long lashes (rather than creating long lashes)? All I can say is the length I get from this stuff is unbelieveable. I receive at least one compliment/comment about my long lashes every single time I use this. The look this mascara creates for me can only be described as "dramatic." I agree with other reviewers that I have no clue what "glossy finish" they are talking about in the ads, I get nothing like that from this product...but I don't really care about that so I didn't take off a lippie. This product also does nothing as far as volume, but if you're looking for length this stuff is definitely worth a try. I found this at Rite Aid discounted 40% off (I ended up paying about 5 bucks) and it seems to be this price at all Rite Aids I've been to lately, so I would suggest picking it up there if you want to try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by nickjlover07

I bought this mascara thinking that I would love it. WRONG! I hate this mascara. I tried many many times to try to make it work for me. I just can't. The only thing it does for me is make my lashes look black (a really dull black, but black) and add a tiny bit of length. Other than that it just clumps my lashes together and makes it look like i have only 7 lashes. It also smells terrible, in my opinion. Now my sister loved the smell but i hated it. It's a really strong rose smell that i can smell the entire time that I am wearing it. I do not reccomend this product at all. A waste of $8. Now what am i supposed to do with a full tube of crappy mascara?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the length my short top lashes gets from this mascara, but it tends to clump and smudge on me. I typically now only use this for dramatic night looks, because it is too clumpy for everyday wear. It does add some length, but the length just doesn't overcome the huge amount of clumpiness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara because of its lovely stiletto-like packaging. Gotta say Maybelline is good at making eye catching mascara tubes! I also liked the wand. The mascara gave me length like promised, but it also gave me clumps and flakes. It didn't hold a curl at all. When I applied this, it automatically uncurled my lashes :( The one major thing that I HATED about this mascara is the stinging! After a couple of hours I felt a lot of discomfort with my eyes. I'm a contact wearer and have drops handy, but it didn't help. When the mascara flakes enter my eyes it caused a really bad irritation, making my eyes look blood shot! I was only able to use this for about a week till I finally realized that the flakes were the one causing the irritation. I always find mascara flakes in my eyes with other brands of mascara, but this is the only one that stung my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by MichelleMorphine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lash Stiletto definitely extends and lifts the lashes... but doesn't make them full. It clumps lashes together so that it looks like you only have 10 lashes. LOL. I might consider...*buying*... it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

Usually, I prefer volumizing mascaras over lengthening ones for my thick, straight lashes. I thought I'd stir stuff up a bit and I decided to give lash stiletto a try after seeing a commercial for it (damn those advertising execs!). I have been using it for a few days now with very good results. I LOVE the brush. I'm so used to the thick, fatty-boom-batty brushes that volumizing formulas often come with. Stiletto's brush hits every last lash and makes it sexy-long. I notice no "patent shine," but the product is black enough, and I've had no problems with clumping, or spidery looks.

The downside...after ingesting a few too many cocktails and sleeping on a friends couch, the next morning my face was covered in flaky, black specks. I would imagine this would not pose a problem if removed before passing out.

Bottom line: I'd buy it again. It is a decent product at an awesome price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by petitechatonne

I think this is a pretty good mascara. When I first got it, I was a bit underwhelmed, but now it's really growing on me. It lengthens amazingly, gives a bit of volume, no clumping, no flaking, no smudging. It's imperative that you apply your second coat while the first coat is still wet otherwise you get horrible clumps and you'll have to start from scratch which is always a pain. The smell is actually very nice. I love that it doesn't smell like makeup or chemicals. It smells like roses and lilacs to me. Very similar to my Korres Wild Rose Foundation scent actually. But if you don't like your makeup having a scent, pass this one up. This mascara is also quite long-wearing while keeping my lashes flexible and curled. Not many mascaras can do that. My lashes look naturally amazing all day long until I wash it off with my cleanser. No need for makeup remover here. Comes off really easily and there's absolutely no stinging.

All in all, I've come to love this mascara. This just shows that a drugstore mascara can be comparable to high end mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by megx829

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my favorite mascara!
i've tried every mascara out there high end and drug store. Diorshow used to be my favorite but then i found this mascara.
i have short "asian" lashes, which are considered straight. I use this mascara with my shisheido mascara base, and my eyelashes are super long. I love it. I recommend this product if you're looking for super long lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by nb1113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Floral smell to it? No claimed "shine, or patent shine"
BUT.. catches eye lashes amazing and gives false lash effect. Not build-able, if applied too much; can leave lashes looking "spidery"

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by MsMarla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous mascara! It really does catch every single lash. It makes my lashes look long and shiny. It does not clump and it does not smudge. I even apply it to my bottom lashes - not one smudge, during the entire day!
The brush is made to quickly and easily apply this mascara. You only need one coat. TRY THIS ONE!!