December 20, 2014 | 1128 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

despite the horrible reviews and poor packaging, this bronzer works with my cool tone skin. i've tried others, and they were just too red, yellow, or orange. hoola works without looking dirty, unless i over apply and that happens with all bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by empty_fairytales

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is great!! people ask if ive been on holiday, and you can put on as much as you like so it suits every skintone. just one piece of advice, NEVER use the brush it comes with as it means yuo get a brown streak across your face as its far too dense. i use a big powder brush and apply it to my whole face, particularly cheekbones. i wear it everyday now, i swear by it to get rid of that pale morning look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea about why I'm so late at reviewing this but I like this,the color is very interesting..not orange in any way,not dark or not too light either.Interesting..in a good but not perfect way.I like to use it when I look dull and then finish with another bronzer like one of my Guerlain Terracottas or something similar,something more intense and preferebly shimmery-in short it's like a base for other bronzers.It gives them a depth and a lovely warmth to my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dodi14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine gave this stuff rave reviews, so when I got a Sephora gift certificate I bought Hoola. I didn't take into account that we have different skin tones, but a little looks good on my pale skin - be careful when applying it or it can look muddy! I don't use the brush it came with because it makes it go on too strong, but prefer a blush brush. I sweep a little on my forhead, cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and chin. If you're pale, a little goes a long way! Don't over use it! Also, if I'm wearing a tank, I'll even sweep some on my shoulders and chest/collarbone. It's somewhat expensive, but it lasts a looong time. I've had mine for about 5 months and have hardly made a dent in it. I will probably buy it again when mine runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lilmynx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This bronzer is the only one I've ever worn where people ask me if I went away on vacation. Probably not the best for very light skintones as it is quite dark. It is best to layer it on lightly to build the colour, otherwise yeah, you do look dirty! BTW, don't EVER use the brush that comes with it because it is too dense and will deposit too much pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mfoster9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best bronzer because it's brown, NOT orange. If you know how to apply bronzer properly then it shouldn't be a problem. What you should do is sweep your brush across the powder and then rub your brush inside the lid to get off any excess powder and to ensure that it's evenly distributed on the brush. Then keep swirling the brush over your face. You will get even brown, not orange color. This bronzer isn't sparkly so it looks natural! It's the only bronzer I've purchased over and over...and it's a decent amount that lasts quite a while. Also, it stays on during the day it won't go streaky on you! Buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkpolkadots43

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEST BRONZER.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the Hoola Hues palette free with a recent benefitcosmetics.com order (pssst - sometimes its worth it to buy from them, instead of thru sephora.. because in this deal, if I spent $95, I got both the hoola hues AND decked out dandelion palette, which would have cost $56 otherwise!!)
Anyway, I was eager to try both the dandelion and hoola for free before dishing out the money on the full-sized boxes. Love the dandelion (I bought the full sized box!) but the Hoola... well, I knew it would be a risk, because I have very fair skin, and I make a point to stay out of the sun, I have very "thin" skin (Im irish) and Im 24 and already have wrinkles around my eyes. Anyway, I thought Hoola could give me a nice tan look. Well, the first time I tried it (im not used to a bronzer) it made me look dirty. And the little brush was no help. Eventually I tried it with my Kabuki brush, and wasnt so heavy handed, and it actually looked OK. Less is more, though. I still didnt dig the fake tan thing. It didnt look natural on my skin. It seemed too golden-toned (my skin is always the 2nd lightest shade of foundation, and has rosy/pink undertones... golden tones always make me look orange). In the rare event that I'll get tan, maybe this will look nice on top. But otherwise, it didnt do it for me. But I can understand how other people would really like it (which is why Im not giving it a really crappy score). I wont buy the full sized box.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2006 10:41:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews and had to have this. i was pleased with the color of this bronzer; unfortunately it clogged my pores big time

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 5:48:00 PM More reviews by thepumfster

Fab Little brozer. Although is very dark. I find on my pale skin that I can only use this when I've been on a beach holiday or else I look dirty!! Does last ages though and doesn't have any sparkle so great for work when you don't want to look like a fairy!!! will repurchase if it ever runs out.