Cover Girl Lash Exact

3.8

on 10/27/2006 12:01:00 PM

I bought this after seeing all of the raves on here. I'm not impressed. I do get great legnth with this mascara, but no more than my beloved Full n' Soft. The brush is also very cool. That is where the good things about this mascara end. It flakes into my eyes, clumps (yes, clumps, CG LIES), makes my lashes stick together, and for some odd reason my hair keeps getting stuck in my lashes! I've never had that happen before.

I cannot stand clumping or flaking of any kind, so this is a no for me. Back to Full n' Soft I go!

UPDATE: I gave this stuff another shot. I found that after a week or so, this stuff goes on MUCH better than it does when it's new. It still clumps a little, but it's not terrible. I really like the brush. And for some reason, the new tube I have doesn't flake. Maybe I just had a bad tube before. I'm going to up my lippies on this to 4, I think. I still like Full n' Soft better. continued >>

on 10/27/2006 5:08:00 AM

i LOVE this mascara! the brush really works..i can put coats and coats of this stuff on and it never gets clumpy. and i dont have the longest lashes by far but this actually makes them look long and flirty. it may take a few coats if you are looking for the volume but if what you want is lenthening and definition..this is the mascara for you! it doesn't irrate me and doesn't give you that heavy "i have a lot of stuff on my eyes" feeling. i'm defiantly buying it again!

on 10/25/2006 10:13:00 PM

this is a wonderful mascara. it doesn't clump and you can control how you want to apply it without a mess. i can get a great, dramatic look, or a casual everyday look with this, and it looks great either way. i've tried lots of mascaras and this is one of the best. at it's price i would definitely buy it again. the only thing is it tends to dry up a bit faster than other brands. but thats not a prob
update: although I love the wand, I'm not a great fan of the formula because it dries up way too fast ! I probably won't buy this again, although I may continue to use the wand with another formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing it written up in Allure's Beauty Awards issue and yes, the brush is fantastic. Since it doesn't have bristles sticking out every which way, my lashes don't stick together and look clumpy. The first time I used this, I was thrilled at how smooth and perfect my lashes looked but that was the last time I liked this. Literally days later, this formula lost its consistancy and now it flakes terribly and feels dry and itchy. I wish I could use the brush on other mascaras though, it really is great.

on 10/22/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am SO GLAD I bought this product!

This is hands down the best mascara I have ever owned in my life. No exaggeration! The spikey, rubbery wand is an absolute wonder-I don't know how it works, but it sure does work. This mascara simply glides on in one coat while adhering PERFECTLY to my lashes with a nice gel-like, perfect consistency. It NEVER, EVER clumps, and gives a very natural, separting and lengthing look in one coat. If you want thick lashes, you have to apply extra coats, but I like a more natural, easy look.

on 10/22/2006 8:42:00 PM

Love the brush, love the formula. This works wonders. I do use a primer underneath and the black color covers it all. Pairing this with BE liner shadow in onyx, I've had many people ask me if I were wearing falsies. Will be the only mascara I purchase for as long as they make it.

on 10/22/2006 2:54:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I thought it would never happen but it did - I think I've just found my HG of drugstore mascaras. I have always been the biggest mascara whore, I never stay loyal to one brand. I guess the only ones I've really come back to are l'oreal voluminous and maybeline full 'n soft. I wasn't sure if the impact of this mascara was a result of the mascara itself or b/c of the fact that I had started using Taikila Lipocils (Can't spell, too lazy to look it up). But then I tried going back to the full 'n soft and the effect wasn't nearly the same. I have to use a lot less mascara to get the same effect, it lengthens fantastically, and doesn't clump. In fact, I actually have to take it easy because otherwise it makes my lashes so long it's almost embarassing! I am a true convert - plus, the package is super cute. My only complaint is that is slightly flakes by the very end of the day, so I might see if they have a waterproof version. Normally the flaking would have me throw it out, but it's minimal and the benefits far outweight the costs. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

BEST MASCARA EVER.
makes my lashes long and FULL.
and no clumps!!

on 10/22/2006 10:01:00 AM

Wanted to give another drugstore mascara a try, after having given up on them a few years back. This gives an effect much like Definicils, except it doesn't hold a curl as well as the Lancome mascara. On me, Lash Exact darkened, separated, and lengthened some, but nothing spectacular. It was the flaking that made me decide to ditch this product. Made my eyes red, itchy, and watery.

on 10/21/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what i like: beautifully lengthens and defines, minimal clumps, no smudging AT ALL, not even after yawning through a boring lecture, takes off completely with water and a little bit of rubbing, no spider legs. what i don't like: none. i have only tried one other mascara before, and that was a volume mascara, so i don't have much to compare to. but so far, i really like lash exact and recommend it.