BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

This pink powder reminds me of Mac Well Dressed blush with a little less pigment. It is a true ballerina pink with a barely perceptible amount of shimmer. The packaging is typical Benefit kitsch and is cute enough, but certainly something that does NOT stay on top of my vanity. This shows up as a gently natural flush on my super pale skin and I use it most often on "no-makeup" days (which I very rarely have). I can imagine if you are anything more than Casper pale this may not work well for you. As for it being a highlighter, I'm not sure how well that would work. I like this enough to use it all up but will probably just re-buy MAC Well Dressed when this is gone--more color pay off and less expensive. I do give Benefit credit for a huge amount of product, though. I bought this when it was first released and just saw the teeniest glimmer of pan this morning. Not bad...but nothing too special.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Skin: cool toned NW15

Eyes: light brown

Hair: dyed dark red

Dandelion is a great, soft pink color that works on a broad range of skin types. If you're pale to medium it works as a blusher; darker skin tones can use it as an all over beauty powder. It also works well to soften up an application of brozer. Personally, I like it best for my super pale days, when I'm kind of in a hurry and don't want to try too hard for a perfect application of blusher. The down side to my Dandelion powder is that even though the box is super cute, it's still a cardboard box, so it gets dirty and dinged up easily. I prefer something more durable.

The color is great and the packaging is so cute. I haven't need to repurchase since it's a pretty generous size. I would repurchase if I ran out.

I love the cute packaging this comes in. This blusher is very PINK so it's not going to work for you if you have cool tones or olive skin! It could be a real shocker if you put too much of it on. For me it's the ideal thing to put on if my skin is clear and I need to perk my skin up a bit - to look a little bit more awake, to give myself a bit of a healthy glow... this is the stuff. It's useful to have for those not-much-makeup days, but doesn't work so great under powder for me because it's just too subtle.

I got this in The Best of Benefit set and I hate it. I can't believe I didn't try this in Sephora before I bought it. It doesn't show up unless I cake it on and when I do I look like a doll. And not in a good way. Never again.

I don't see much changes it does to my face. I think it fits very very fair skin tone, not yellow-toned color like mine.
It doesn't smell anything particular but the brush glides on skin smoothly. The packaging is cute, as like all other BeneFit products. I end up swapping it away and then I get Georgia. Another gone case, totally disappears on me. I'm a NC25. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic color! The packaging is adorable, too! But, the main problem is the lasting power. It disappears within 2 hours. I hope I can find a different blush that's the same shade but better lasting power!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

At first I was worried that BeneFit's Dandelion would be too "pink" for my slightly olive skintone. I was pleased to find that the color is subtle enough to look great as either a blush or an all-over complexion brightener. The powder contains just the right amount of shimmer (barely noticeable, but makes you look slightly glowy), and I LOVE the wide brush that comes with the product. At first I thought $26 was a bit much, but it lasts forever. Definitely a great beauty investment.

Sigh. I absolutely love this color. It is a pale, delicate pink that looks great on PPP skin. And what's more, it comes with a terrific brush. It's a unique shape, kind of a broad rectangle, but it works very nicely.

However, it KILLS me that it comes in a bulky cardboard box. They made a great color and they sell it with a brush that works, and because of that it would be a great portable blush if it were not for the fact that the box is the size of my damn fist.

If they make it in a flat compact someday, I'll buy it forever.

I have been wanting this in the back of my mind since it came out, but every opportunity I had to buy it, I managed to talk myself out of it ('it's a color I could find anywhere'-'I won't be able to travel with it in that packaging'-'it looks so powdery, it probably won't look natural'-'it's so over-hyped, hype products are never worth it' etc.) but finally, my SO ended up buying it for me after he saw me pick it up and put it back down about 4 times in Sephora. Thank Goodness!! This has become a total staple for me.
At first, I thought all of my doubts were true-- the first day I wore it, I was slightly underwhelmed, it was pretty, but $26 worth of pretty? My mind changed when I looked in the mirror later that day- "wow, my skin looks so good! that acne medication must really be kicking in" I was all glowy and pretty- my cheeks looked flawless BUT upon closer inspection (as in 2'' from the mirror) I realized my skin was the same- it was the Blush. Along with curling my eyelashes and applying a bit of undereye concealer, Benefit Dandelion is a rushing-out-the-door-no-time-for-makeup MUST HAVE for me.
I'm very pale (casper's-long-lost-sister pale.) and cool so just a swipe with the brush that's included on the apples of my cheeks up to my temples and I'm set, it perks my face up instantly but naturally. For an extra boost I often use it to highlight a different blush (such as Lancome Pink Pool or NARS Orgasm or Desire) I could never use it as an all-over face powder but with the right skintone, this is a gorgeous blush- I say give it a test drive, it won't work for everyone (but if it does, WOW!) continued >>

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products