Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/23/2010 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I decided to try this because I'm not totally enamored with UDPP. I only received a sample at Sephora.

This primer doesn't work for me. I wore it a full day last Saturday and my eyelids were an oily mess by the end of the day. Maybe worse than if I hadn't used primer at all. My eyeshadow had creased and drifted off.

It's really too bad, because I wanted to love this product.

on 3/23/2010 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually bought this before Urban Decay Primer Potion, i think it is more expensive then UDPP, but i did not like it at all. I found it made my eyeshadows harder to blend out. I will say the packaging is way better then UDPP but i don`t like the product.

on 3/23/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before I purchased Too Faced SI, I had been using MAC's cream base in Pearl. A lot of shimmer, but it did the trick as a starter. I'm quite fair and have oily-combination skin, so veins tend to show through on my eyelids. Shadow Insurance works so, so well for me. My shadow stays perfect for at least 11 hours before it starts to crease, and I always get good colour pay-off with the majority of my shadows.

One downside? I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, or if I just got a dud of a container but... On my third or fourth use I went to squeeze the product out of the container and the seam at the bottom of the package burst. Product oozed out and made quite a mess. I'm using one of those plastic bag-sealers that you can get from Wal-Mart or Ikea to keep it from drying out... But it is seriously irritating.

on 3/22/2010 12:37:00 PM

This works for me but it seems like it sometimes takes away from the actual color of the eyeshadow while at other times it makes the color more vibrant.

on 3/21/2010 3:20:00 AM

I've tried Monistat Gel, Glycerine from the drugstore, MUFE Sealant, cream shadow - all as eyeshadow primers. None of these works quite as well as Shadow Insurance, which is my HG primer.

Monistat works ok, and is relatively inexpensive, but can be difficult to find sometimes. Shadows over Monistat have lasted me 10 hours without creasing or fallout.

Plain drugstore glycerine is a little messier, but is certainly amazingly cheap! It takes practice to work with, and sometimes if you don't get the e/s-gylcerine paste quite right can look gloopy or even have fallout. But it will last about 8-9 hours.

The MUFE Sealant is appallingly expensive, dries on the spot so blending is nearly impossible, irritates the lower lids over time and will sting if it gets in your eyes. However, all that aside, you can sleep in your e/s, wake up in the morning, and look perfect. Not that you should.

Urban Decay's packaging is so absurd I haven't even tried it - no one I know has had a good experience because of the packaging.

Shadow Insurance lasts me a good 12-14 hours, is lightly colored to help support concealing, dries quickly but not so quick you can't blend, and doesn't irritate. I use it on both upper lid and undereye with great results. If you find your undereye drying out a bit, you can revive with a dab of eye cream during the day.

I have experienced slight fallout with Shadow Insurance, but only when using e/s with large glitter particles, as well as e/s I didn't put on quickly or blend well during "prime time."

Didnt work for me. UDPP is way better.

on 3/19/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This didn't work for me... I was hoping it would because I hate Urban Decay's packaging. This just did nothing for me at all. Very dissapointed. Returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been a UDPP devotee for years, but about a month ago my almost brand-new UDPP exploded (literally - a chunk of the bottom of the bottle blew off and product went everywhere) in my quart-sized zip lock bag when the airline made me check my carryon at the gate. Having basically thrown $18 down the toilet, since the product left in the bottle totally dried out by the end of my trip, and knowing that I have another flight coming up at the end of the month, I decided to try TFSI given the rave reviews on MUA and the packaging, which is 100 times better than the UDPP bottle. Unfortunately, TFSI didn't even come close to working for me. I've had better luck smearing some makeup primer on my eyelids (except for the burning that causes when it eventually runs into my eyes). Not only did the TFSI seem to separate, oozing a greasy clear liquid if I didn't store the tube upside down, but my eyeshadow was creasing and beginning to disappear by lunchtime, whereas UDPP lasts just about to the end of my 12-hour workday. The final straw was when I went to the bathroom after getting out of an important meeting and saw that my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner, which rarely smudges, had migrated to the fine lines at the corners of my eyes and spread beneath my eyes. That was enough to convince me to take the TFSI back to Sephora where I exchanged it for another UDPP. I'll just find a way to deal with it next time I have to fly.

on 3/17/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this over UDPP based on the reviews here but unfortunately this did not work out for me. It did make my e/s look brighter but I did find it crease where I had never had a problem with creasing before. Previously, I had been using my MAC concealer and that worked fine, but I wanted to see if this would last any longer. I tried this on one eye and my regular method on the other and was very conscious not too touch them (which I know I tend to do). This did no better in lasting and creased. I tried using from just a teensy amount to a larger dot but sadly, all methods were a no-go for me.
I tried this one b/c most recommend that if you have dry skin (I have eczema) this is better than UDPP. I really wished this would have worked for me because I do like the packaging.

on 3/17/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this product recently and I really like it, it works really good on my oily eye lids. My eye make-up last on for a long time, almost all day, so that is why I love it! You don't have to worry about your eye shadow smudging. I would defenetly buy it again. The packaging, awesome!!