September 17, 2014 | 1927 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Very concentrated and definitely works, Almost too well, b/c blending is a bit more challenging. It is a solid product. But wow. If I'm too tired and leave it on overnight, my shadow is still 90% of the look I had at application. The gal @ sephora said not to get it where you put consealer under the eyes (just the area for for eyeliner she said) because she said it cuts off oil and sweat glands. We don't want to hurt our undereye area by drying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by OliveGreenSpring

I bought this product after I watched Leesha (xsparkage.com) use it over and over. If she uses it, it must be good right? Right! It's a flesh tone color but goes on pretty much translucent. I have oily lids that causes my shadow to crease fairly quickly, so I was seriously considering UDPP, but this works awesome for me too. I work as a barista, so it gets pretty hot behind the counter from all the steam and such, so my make-up is pretty much gone by the end of my shift with out this. With Shadow Insurance, my e/s still looks great by the end of the day and I don't have to worry about smudging if I touch my eye. I even put a little underneath my eyes along my lower lash line and it makes my eyeliner stay better too. This is an awesome product and well worth the price, a little bit goes a long way. I've had mine for a month, with everyday use I still have a pretty much full tube. AND Two-Faced doesn't test on animals which makes this an A++ product in my opinion! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by lambin3d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

no complaints.
it does what it says. it does not dry my eyes out. makeup doesn't crease. what more could you ask for? never plan on not having this in my collection. Much better than UDPP, which was much too drying for my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by staceisace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. For me it keeps my eye makeup in place all day without creasing. I use quite light shadows though so I'm not sure how good it would be for thick layers of dark shadow. You only have to use a tiny amount each time so it's great value for money as it lasts forever! The one problem is that often too much comes out of the squeezy tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It has a sheer,matte consistency. There was some separation and the crimp seal broke,but nothing a little glue can't fix. Besides the packaging issues,this is an amazing product! I went 8 hours with no creasing or fading,and I could have gone longer if it wasn't for me needing to wash my face and going to bed. I have fairly oily lids that usually always crease,but this has fixed it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by diorshowgirl

I just purchased this product from ulta a few days ago because I was in desperate need of a good primer. I've tried urban decay's primer potion, and I am a fan, but didn't want to spend $20 on it since the packaging is so terrible. I've only worn it for the past two days under my eye makeup and so far so good. I liked the consistency. I read some other reviews that said the product was seperating, but I didn't experience that. It dries to a matte finish and gives eyeshadow something to stick to. At the end of the day my eyeshadow is usually fading on me, but not when I applied this beforehand. It's definately a life saver. It also made my eyeshadows look even more pigmented. I'd definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Veneziano

I bought this after much consideration of UDPP, and I'm glad I chose this primer. It's packaging is much better than UDPP. The squeeze tube is the best packaging. The formula is amazing and lasts forever. I applied this at 6 am one day, when I got home around 1 am I checked and still no creasing at all. My only qualm with this product is that it separates a little. But other than that I love it and my shadows stay vibrant and absolutely NO CREASING. You only need a tiny drop for each eye, let it dry for a few seconds, and shadows stick like a magnet. I love love LOVE it. I use it every day. A must-have.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by photocrazy81

I thought to myself that this would be a much better alternative to UDPP because the packaging can be such a pain when you are getting to the end of its use. I've heard lots of good things about this primer so I decided why the heck not. It should be just like the UDPP. WRONG! The formula was thin and didn't help my shadows stay on. Yes, when first put on with a layer of shadow the color is vibrate... for a while... maybe an hour or so and then it just creases like crazy after that. Until I can get extra money to repurchase UDPP this is what I have to work with and I rarely put on eye makeup now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to like this as I was sick to death of the UDPP bottle and love that this is in a tube and that you can get every last bit but this bombed for me. It can be runny and even seperated for me one time where only oil came out which makes me think there is too much oil in this if it actualyl seperated. Sadly a miss for me even though I loved the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first eye primer ever, and I love it! I got this one as UDPP is unavailable in Australia(or I just can't find it). The first time I used it, I layered it on top of foundation and put a base on it, so my shadow ended up creasing anyway. But now that I got the hang of using it, my shadow stays put for hours, 8+ hours in 30+ degrees of hot weather. It's fantastic- my eye m/u no longer melts away within an hour as it used to. It was quite pricey for my liking, $35 AUD, but it was definitely worth it. A little goes a long way, so i know it'll last me for a long time. The packaging isn't absolutely gorgeous or anything, but very practical (with the squeeze tube) and portable. I don't have extremely oily eyes, but I have asian eyes with a very very thin crease line and this definitely works. One thing is that my kohl liner doesn't seem to stay on( it doesn't crease though), but I think it's more to do with the eyeliner than the shadow insurance. I would recommend this to anyone who is willing to spend the money on a primer that works, and I will definitely repurchase.