April 20, 2014 | 1701 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kyidmnmaiv

I LOVED this when I first got it. The color is lovely, the highlight it provides is perfect. But then I checked the ingredients list and realized it has comedogenic ingredients. Suddenly, I realized why I was getting zits on my eyelids. suck.

Does anyone know of a highlighter that ISN'T comedogenic?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ness518

I really love the formulation - it's a beautiful color; perfect and can be used in so many ways. I put it on the inner or outer corners of my eyes to brighten them up when I look tired or put it on my cheeks sometimes...or I mix it with a concealer to hide any flaws. It doesn't make me break out when I use it on my face. One bottle COULD last forever since a little goes a long way. It is a little difficult to apply with the brush that it comes with in the bottle, so I use a cosmetic sponge.

One gripe:

The bottle...one would mistake this for nail polish if you weren't aware of it's actual use and fyi if said bottle happens to topple off of the sink... it will leave the worst sparkling mess of your life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by badkitty82

I had really high expectations of this one when I got it as a present (they don't sell Benefit cosmetics in my country). I love illuminating/highlighter products. High Beam is a liquid shimmery pearly lotion in a pale pale pink color. It looks just like a nailpolish with the tiny wand and everything. Had me confused at first! The smell is not very pleasant, fake, plastic-like (while Dandelion smelled soo good). I dot HighBeam on my cheekbones, sometimes on my brow bones and right above my upper lip. I find it a little hard to blend, and the effect is not amazing. I think I prefer The Body Shop Glow Enhancer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

This is a staple in my makeup collection. I get compliments on this all the time and people ask me what I'm wearing. Highbeam creates a soft pearly sheen on the cheekbones or anywhere you apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by geminijinx

I am very fair skinned w/a reddish undertone, and have very dry skin (irish!). This made me feel opposite, like as if my skin wasn't dry. I used this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and around the eye, and it gives me a glow like no other. you would never know that i have dry skin. i love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by kcappella

I noticed that for a period, my skin looked really dull after my daily makeup routine, although my face is actually extremely oily.

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. When I put it on, my face looks overly shiny, because that period passed over and the oil kicked back in.

3 lippies though because it probably works well for people who don't have oily skin.

Cute packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

I can't give it five lipsticks because it's not that good but it's the best I've tried so far. I like the way it highlights my cheekbones. I have sensitive skin so I have to watch how often I use this because it will irritate me and make my cheeks a bad kind of red.

EDIT: I can't find anything better than this highlighter and this really makes my face glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by dlkarp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG how have I been using Benefit products for so long and never tried this little beauty before. Ive used Moon Beam for years and loved it but always thought High Beam would be too much. Didnt want to walk roud like a shiny disco ball. But after using for a month now this is my HG highlighter for brow bone and cheekbones!!!After watching Carmindys five minute face I had to rush out and get this and its truly wonderful the key to looking good in a rush is highlighting!!!t really brings your look together-whether its day or night time look.I use ooh la lift under my eyes and then three drops of this on my cheek bone and my brow bone. It leaves an etherel glow. Also, when I'm going out I add a bit to my cupids bow and down my nose. I also team it with a light hand of dallas.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by sirensrising

If you've never used highlighter before, you'll be surprised at what a huge, beautiful difference it makes. High Beam is a perfect shimmering shell pink that gives your skin a gorgeous glow.

It's the first (and only) highlighter I've used but it's already a staple - I don't think I could ever try powder highlighter after the dewy, creamy, longlasting blend that is this pretty liquid. It'll last all night and my goodness, it's incredible. Wear it on your cheekbones, browbone (under the arch of your eyebrows) and cupids bow (try the bridge of your nose too if you don't have noticable pores or oil) and you'll glow like never before. It's super natural, no-one will know you're wearing it, only that you look lovely! You can mix some with your blusher on your cheeks too.

It adds so much dimension and prettiness to your face, I really couldn't live without it. It wakes you up for the day and gives you a gorgeous sheen for the night. I've yet to try mixing it with my foundation, but it sounds lovely too - although if you spotlight the right parts I don't think you'd necessarily need to. One bottle will last for ages. Unfortunately, the glass bottle is hard to cart around but luckily it's long-lasting so you won't need to top up. If you're travelling, keep it in it's original box (same goes for Benetint). You get a tiny sample-sized vial of it with the Realness of Concealness palette but it's not worth paying 33 for just that, cute as the packaging may be! I think the brush is perfect too, as it allows for exact precision application.

These days, I couldn't live without High Beam in my make-up repertoire. I don't need to try any other highlighters - it's my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by ClemClem

This is a nice product, but I could definately live without it! It's great for putting on browbones for a special night out :)