September 18, 2014 | 1406 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpVideosAndMore

i love love love this paint pot. i use it under my eyeshadows and it just makes your eyeshadows pop really nicely! you won't go wrong with this eyeshadow base. it dries quickly too so you don't waste anytime. true enough, what the review before me said, the packaging is kinda boring, but i guess what matters to me the most is what's inside of it...it is a great product that anyone could work with and it's definitely worth your money, specially if you have very oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by dance4ever

Even though the packaging was your average, boring MAC black-and-clear (I'm a sucker for cute packaging), I was very pleased with this product. I use it as a base for my eyeshadow everyday, and it doesn't crease or fade during the day. Another plus is the texture; it makes everything you put on it so easy to blend because of its creamy-ness. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out some of the other shades of paint pots MAC has to offer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ladyofmirkwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i just purchased this with much excitement. after my horrible ordeal with other bases and allergic reactions i decided to try painterly. it is a nice beige color that is an amazing base, i use this almost every day under my shadows to make them pop. this is also good for concealing my dark circles under my eyes. looks bland in the pot but will become something you use all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by GirlieQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this one, with the intent of using it as a shadow base. I LOVE IT. So much better than the paint tubes. I was previously using Bare Canvas. It applies smoothly with a synthetic brush (I use one from Sonia Kashuk at Target), blends easily and dries quickly. I then apply my MAC shadows on top (I am partial to frosts and Veluxe Pearls) and no creasing! All day long!

For reference, NC15, med. brown hair, green eyes, dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Estrelinha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I thought this looked rather boring in the pot, this is probably one of the few makeup products that I wear daily (and I don't like to wear a lot of makeup). It's a creamy, matte beige that evens out and brightens my eyelid and provides *the perfect* base for any eyeshadow or just gives me that pretty natural look that I prefer! I use my finger to apply and I find that a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Paheli

I love Paint Pots! They make a GREAT base eye shadow or pigment. I use Painterly every single day as base under other colors.....my eye make up stays put 10+ hours easily. I use Essence of Beauty concealor brush from CVS to apply this.

I have tried other bases but they always creases after 2 or 3 hours and some also made it harder for me to blend colors. Since Painterly is a cream color without any shimmer in it, it will not effect the eye shadow or pigment color at all.

I'm NC44 but if Painterly is being used as base under other colors, I think this would work under every skin tone. I would definately re-purchase once I run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by HotLikeSauce

I use this as a base and as a nude eyeshadow when I want a really simple look. It doesn't crease, don't slick off of my oily eyelids, & it makes my eyeshadow stay put. Total HG & I plan on buying this again & again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color or the Bare Study (depends on your skin color) is a pretty nice base for eyeshadow, but you can also use it alone for a nude look. This base makes sure that your eyeshadow stays fix for 8h (no joke) I allways use it if a want to create smokey eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by aphasia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As an e/s base, I found it matte and creaseless while still being smooth (no crepey effect.)

I guess I'm paler than I thought (between NW 15 and 20, depending on the season), since on me it is slightly darker than my skin, and while not a warm yellow, appears slightly orange.

It's a wonderful base for warm to neutral eye looks, but does not do a real "my lid but better" look on my skin. It contrasts nicely with light blue eyes and pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Keeshond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is something I cannot live without. Not only does it keep my eyeshadow from creasing all day, but it is the right color to cover my dark circles under my eyes (QUITE flawlessly, on par with Shiseido's stick concealer which I love). Before this, I was using UD's primer potion, which kept my shadow from creasing, but is a bit dry on my lids and makes shadow hard to blend. I have oily lids and this works wonders with me. The jar lasts forever. I learned about this from a YouTube video - who knew!