July 25, 2014 | 1280 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by HotLikeSauce

I use this as a base and as a nude eyeshadow when I want a really simple look. It doesn't crease, don't slick off of my oily eyelids, & it makes my eyeshadow stay put. Total HG & I plan on buying this again & again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color or the Bare Study (depends on your skin color) is a pretty nice base for eyeshadow, but you can also use it alone for a nude look. This base makes sure that your eyeshadow stays fix for 8h (no joke) I allways use it if a want to create smokey eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by aphasia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As an e/s base, I found it matte and creaseless while still being smooth (no crepey effect.)

I guess I'm paler than I thought (between NW 15 and 20, depending on the season), since on me it is slightly darker than my skin, and while not a warm yellow, appears slightly orange.

It's a wonderful base for warm to neutral eye looks, but does not do a real "my lid but better" look on my skin. It contrasts nicely with light blue eyes and pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Keeshond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is something I cannot live without. Not only does it keep my eyeshadow from creasing all day, but it is the right color to cover my dark circles under my eyes (QUITE flawlessly, on par with Shiseido's stick concealer which I love). Before this, I was using UD's primer potion, which kept my shadow from creasing, but is a bit dry on my lids and makes shadow hard to blend. I have oily lids and this works wonders with me. The jar lasts forever. I learned about this from a YouTube video - who knew!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this along with the Bare Study paint pot to use primarily as a base/highlight. Bare Study is a sheer shimmery ivory and Painterly is a skin-toned matte. Both are the most neutral base colors for the majority of skintones. One thing I am very surprised at is that although the color looks like it would clash with my skin-tone (Asian, but with both cool and yellow undertones, NW25), it does seem to blend right in and almost look colorless. So for me, this is the perfect matte base. It evens out the color of the eyelid, makes shadow/pigment easier to apply and blend, and lasts/looks fresh all day. I personally only use this as a base, since the color doesn't really do much or show up on me - if I am feeling lazy, I would probably reach for bare study before painterly if I am only going to use an allover wash. I also sometimes pat a little of this under my eyes to keep eyeliner and eyeshadow on the lower lashline in place and it works well for that. However, for the lower rim I think that UDPP is better. Although I haven't done it yet, I am thinking that this would also make a great opaque, matte concealer. Thus, all-in-all, for me this is a great eyeshadow base with a lot of possible uses. A true staple product that I will definitely repurchase. My only complaint is the heavy glass jar packaging, which isn't good for travel. I've gotten around this by scooping some out into plastic sample jars, and find that I like using it this way, anyway, since it keeps the main jar from drying out to quickly from being opened a lot. I would mention that if you plan to use this only as a base, and you already use UDPP, you really might not need this, since it seems like it is more of a flesh-colored base than a true eyeshadow.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by auburn321

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A MAC MA recommended this product & color to me when the Paint Pots came out. It doesn't disappoint! The paint pots were long overdue after the leaky paint in the tubes. This is the color I go to the majority of the time to wear under my pigments & shadows. I have a some pigmentation on my eye lids and the cool beige color evens it all out. The cream texture is very matte and doesn't conflict with other colors. This stuff is also great on its own, especially on those days that there just isn't enough time. In months to come, I will be adding more colors of paint pots to my collection but will repurchase this color. Please note that I have had some minor problems with this product however. Some eye shadow textures (mostly non-MAC) just don't adhere properly to this paint or they crease. 90% of the time this is perfect : )

I am a NW20.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by yoganut1967

I really love this product. I bought MAC Paint in Bare Canvas a few months ago but since Painterly came out I just reach for this all the time. Great for a no makeup look. Conceals any crepe-iness and any lid discolorations. As a base, makes eyeshadow last all day.
Also wonderful for covering dark circles, just pack on, apply your regular concealer with a brush, a little powder to set and you're good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's a perfectly neutral shade for me and it makes all my eyeshadows last ALL day (12+ hours). The trick is to not put too much on your lid or it can backfire.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by jesibella

OVERVIEW:
It isnít often Iím surprised by a product. For example, I usualy hate cream eyeshadows beacause they crease on my oil-slicked lids. The new Paint Pots are quickly becoming the most used items in my make-up kit. Spooky. Here's why:

FORMULA:
Paintpots are an updated version of MACís original Paint- a cream eyeshadow in metal artistís tube. This new formula doesnít crumble, crease or sneak into fine lines. It works as a stand-alone cream shadow or a lid primer for other eye looks. Some people find Paint pots difficult to blend with a brush. I don't have too much trouble blending it in as long as I use my finger. In order to keep my pot sanitary and clean, I scoop out a dollop of product onto the lid and work from that. When it's all gone, I wipe the lid out w/ alcohol and start again.

COLOR and USES:
Painterly is a slighly pinked, matte beige, It cancels out the discoloartion on my upper and lower lids perfect. I occasionally use it without other shades with winged black liner.
My favorite use for Painterly is as an primer. Before Painterly, I'd only ever used creme concealer on my lids. My, oh my, what a difference the Paint Pot makes! This formula sets, perfects and does not budge.
I never thought I'd say this but, Painterly is a HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree w/ one of the reviewers below. I too am NC25 and wanted something as close to Bare Canvas paint as possible. However, on my skin it looks like Yogurt eyeshadow - too pink. Great product and wear overall, just not a color that worked on me.