October 20, 2014 | 2071 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think, despite the aldehydic note, this is beautiful. Can I wear it all the time? Certainly not. But here's the thing, on the rare occassions that I do, I am a ravishing white flower, exuding the delicate "come hither" essence of a pure rose, with the honeyed tone of jasmine.
I forget that my cheeks are a bit too round, my hips a touch too wide. It is a perfume that lends grace and elegance to a woman's demeanor. This is why I love it, and will remain in awe of it's divine draw over the opposite sex.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A notch too aldehydic for me, but I like it anyway, for very special occasions. Oddly, men like this on me! It really works on my skin, much more than most florals.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kna5581

I love this scent, it's so classy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 11:51:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such an overrated over priced scent. It's WAY too heavy and old ladyish and it gives me a massive headache!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2002 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

As I was picking up a gift for a friend in a department store, a lady practically attacked me with this perfume as I walked by the Chanel counter. I figured since I never tried this before, I could come home and review it while it's scent is still wafting off my sweater. With all the mixed reviews out there regarding this well-known fragrance (and many of them say nay to it), I don't find to it be all that bad. It certainly isn't repulsive or putrid, but it isn't anything special either. I would not buy a bottle of this, but if it was given to me as a gift or something, I may actually wear it - very lightly of course. The initial spray was a little um, shocking, but the dry down on me was a slightly sweet powdery scent. I also agree with Elle22, Marilyn Monroe used to bath in this, a nightly ritual. Overall, the scent isn't "me" but it can be a nice change from the heavy and strong orientals I wear normally.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2002 12:41:00 PM More reviews by goldgoat67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG I love chance but I can not stand this . I mean who wears this perfume??? 100 year olds?? serisouly it doesn't even smell like perfume to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2002 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jjff

This is my first love among fragrances that I rarely wear, but would never want to be without. Smooth and creamy aldehydes melt into a beautiful floral bouquet...sweet, yet reserved...it makes me feel ultra-feminine and dressed-up. I own and like both the EDT and the parfum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 1:01:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A true classic. According to Marilyn Monroe it was all she wore in bed. Coco Chanel selected this from 5 samples given to her by the creator, Ernest Beaux in 1921. She kept the number because 5 was her lucky number.
Classified as a floral aldehyde. Top notes are neroli, Ylang Ylang, and the dreaded aldehydes. Heart notes are jasmine, rose, iris and lily of the valley. Base notes are sandalwood, oak moss,civet, vanilla, and vetiver.
The EDT is a pretty awful fragrance. The perfume, very nice. It is one that I can wear only on occasion as I am very sensitive to aldehydes and they can make me queasy and headachy. If you try this one, I suggest getting the perfume. It is totally different and much easier to wear and the notes emerge much more softly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2002 10:55:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Ok, This is a classic. Monroe's signature fragrance. It smells awful to me. I find it very dime store hooker smelling. Reminiscent of Bug Spray.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2002 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Helen