December 21, 2014 | 1703 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jiji

It's been one of my favs for more than 20 years since I was a kid. I understand for some people, how it smells little MATURE. I think it's gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2003 1:34:00 AM More reviews by chevstriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

men love this. so what if maybe his grandmother wore it? it worked on grandpa, it'll work on your date. A man buying you a bottle of this is the ultimate compliment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Ruby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer the EDT in this scent. the parfum I find too sharp and sweet. The EDT is sweet, yet softer and muskier, less of a "statement". I also like the bath oil (worn as perfume on the skin) and the lotion. The spray body oil is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2003 5:28:00 PM More reviews by nemesees

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

womanly, hormonal, powdery. the
whole line of products is jaw
dropping fabulous, although the
edt is a bit harsh. i believe
this fragrance is meant to be used in pure perfume form,
layered on top of the bath line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Redd

This is THE classic scent. I'm convinced that this is what heaven will smell like. It's soft, floral and completely feminine. I'm not very good at describing scents but I do know that this scent is mature and might be categorized by some as an old lady scent, just not by me. I think it's as fresh today as it must have been in the 1930's and well worth the whopping $95-oz price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think, despite the aldehydic note, this is beautiful. Can I wear it all the time? Certainly not. But here's the thing, on the rare occassions that I do, I am a ravishing white flower, exuding the delicate "come hither" essence of a pure rose, with the honeyed tone of jasmine.
I forget that my cheeks are a bit too round, my hips a touch too wide. It is a perfume that lends grace and elegance to a woman's demeanor. This is why I love it, and will remain in awe of it's divine draw over the opposite sex.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A notch too aldehydic for me, but I like it anyway, for very special occasions. Oddly, men like this on me! It really works on my skin, much more than most florals.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kna5581

I love this scent, it's so classy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 11:51:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such an overrated over priced scent. It's WAY too heavy and old ladyish and it gives me a massive headache!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2002 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

As I was picking up a gift for a friend in a department store, a lady practically attacked me with this perfume as I walked by the Chanel counter. I figured since I never tried this before, I could come home and review it while it's scent is still wafting off my sweater. With all the mixed reviews out there regarding this well-known fragrance (and many of them say nay to it), I don't find to it be all that bad. It certainly isn't repulsive or putrid, but it isn't anything special either. I would not buy a bottle of this, but if it was given to me as a gift or something, I may actually wear it - very lightly of course. The initial spray was a little um, shocking, but the dry down on me was a slightly sweet powdery scent. I also agree with Elle22, Marilyn Monroe used to bath in this, a nightly ritual. Overall, the scent isn't "me" but it can be a nice change from the heavy and strong orientals I wear normally.