September 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice mascara when you curl your lashes, I haven't tried it without curling them. IT doesn't look like I'm wearing too much mascara either, its kinda of like Kristen Krueks lashes. I realy like it, I'm scared to try any new mascaras now. Oh yea, I took off one lipstick because if I look up close sorta, it looks a little greyish, but not ugly..this happens with all the mascaras i've tried. Sometimes A TINY BIT also flakes off, then if I rub it I have a line on my skin from the mascara. But I like it so much, that I don't mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know L'Oreal Voluminous and Maybelline Great Lash are always being touted by makeup artists as the best drugstore mascaras, but I prefer this one to both of those. It makes a nice natural day time look - your lashes look longer and fuller but they're not going to look dramatic (Volum' Express is better for that). I wouldn't buy this again because Maybelline is owned by L'Oreal which tests their ingredients on animals. But it is a good product and all things being equal, would probably be my staple mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2003 7:56:00 AM More reviews by wildorchidfaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A heaven sent and my HG -- after trying a high end from HR and comparing the results to fullnsoft, I must say that FullnSoft performs hell lot better than the HR. It not only gave me beautiful long lashes but also made them soft and voluminous!!! Don't hesistate to buy this! I was stupid to spend so much on the HR. I will never stray from the drugstore for mascaras EVER again...The only thing I do not like is the brush which is a tad too big for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by liltoonie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural mascara. It isnt waterproof for me, it just doesnt smear (it instead disapears to leave me mascara free) but I have no racoon eyes so no prob for me/ I wont buy this again tho, because I suspect I'm QUITE allergic to this (as in I had puffy eyes along with flaky skin) Too bad, I liked this stuff

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2003 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Precchan

I HATED THIS! Like the initial effect but that didn't last long! Hard to remove, smudged like there was no tomorrow, and is definately not waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 8:29:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wish this mascara didn't smudge on me, because I love how my lashes look with two coats of this! It's definitely not much of a thickening mascara on me, but my lashes get that long, spidery look with one coat and with the second clump together nicely for a kewpie doll look. It's also glossy, another plus! Downside: within a few hours it starts to smudge, and the smudge rate seems to escalate with each extra minute on my face. Update: I found a mascara that gives the exact same effect as this one, without any smudging at all: Shu Uemura Mascara Basic. It's much more expensive, but I think a mascara that doesn't smudge through a 3 hour nap is worth it, don't you?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2003 11:10:00 AM More reviews by islande

it made my curls sink. this also clumped on me, and refused to dry. urghhhh hate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by StephB

I don't like it. Bottom Line. I find that it did nothing to add volume to my lashes. Now, it did leave them fairly soft but that was it. I much prefer my Loreal Voluminous for thick looking, lush lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by melinda247

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, so on my journey to find the BEST waterproof mascara, this one came up in various reviews as one to try. I wanted a waterproof mascara for daily use -- to wear to work (as I find it flakes and clumps less and I'm a bit of an eye-rubber) and for exercising and riding and showing my horse. I have fairly sensitive eyes that easily get annoyed with mascara (yes, I mean you, L'Oreal), so that was a hugh consideration as well. Full and Soft really fit the bill on this one -- a nice, natural glossy look that holds a curl nicely and doesn't clump, look spidery or flake. Doesn't lengthen, but makes your lashes look, well, full and soft. Doesn't irritate my eyes. Holds up well during exercise; however, after snorkeling and swimming with it on a vacation in Maui, definitely came off a little under your eyes in water. But for a good cry-proof and exercise-proof, natural looking daytime mascara, it's pretty terrific. And really, you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Toni3055

I'm a HR Vertiginous and Long Lash fan, but since I heard they'd be pulled from USA shelves at the end of July, I figured I'd get prepared and go on a drugstore HG mascara search. I don't find myself at the mall often, and paying $20+ really doesn't appeal to me for mascara, so I thought I'd start with the inexpensive and go up from there...if I *had* to. ;) Anyway, IMHO Full-n-Soft is definitely the best drugstore mascara I've used...so far. The pilgrimage continues, but FnS is faboo! VERY much like the HR Vertiginous that I adore, but a mere quarter of the price. At first opening, the formula is a bit wet, and you need several coats to get sufficient drama, but once it dries a little, it's excellent! I have the straight brush, which at first I found intimidating (very large and bushy), but now I love it! It manages to grab all my lashes very nicely, yet never clumps. Still and all, I do plan on trying the curved brush next, based on the good reviews it's gotten. I have the WP formula, and would definitely rave about the way it performs. The black is nicely dark, and my lashes really do feel "soft" when they dry. FnS certainly plumps them up nicely, but more from a lengthening and "visually fringey" standpoint, rather than a volumizing one--like I have more lashes, not necessarily thicker ones. As far as I'm concerned, FnS is a winner in every way. No smearing, smudging or sagging, and only the merest speck of flaking on my longest days. A definite keeper! :)