October 25, 2014 | 1577 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2003 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sloegin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would not recommend this mascara primarily because it does not deliver on two of its claims: it is neither full nor waterproof.

I liked the applicator. One of those bushy "teddy bear" types. I like this type of brush because I feel that it causes less clumping and better lash separation for a more natural look. The mascara gave my lashes a soft, natural look, darker, not longer or thicker.

My biggest complaint is the "waterproof" claim. Not only wasn't this product waterproof, it wasn't smudgeproof. It didn't even last through the day without leaving dark circles under my eyes. I used this mascara twice with the same under eye circle results. Not attractive! This was not under rigorous conditions such as exercise, extreme weather conditions, or even tears. Just a normal low stress day. I expect more from a waterproof product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MoonPrincess057

i havent tried this yet, but iam planning on buying it soon, and wanted to know which formula of this stuff is better... the waterproof or regular? i kno with most waterproof mascaras it is hard to remove, but i wanna kno if anyone has tried both and thinks one is better than the other. and does this stuff work better than loreals voluminous? thanx.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 2:44:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has become one of my staple everyday mascaras along with L'Oreal Voluminous WP. My lashes are very long already so I don't need any lengthening. What Full'N'Soft does is darken my auburn lashes and give them nice lift and separation. I have received numerous compliments on my eyelashes (from complete strangers!) since I started wearing FNS. I guess you could say it is "my lashes but better".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 12:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could, I'd give this mascara 10 lipsticks! Dark Brown, waterproof, holy grail. I love how soft and 'un-coated' this makes my lashes feel. I never noticed it before, but now I cannot try another formula without noticing how stiff my lashes feel. I also like that this product is relatively easy to find in 'my' color, dark brown (hooray for Target!)...blacks and brown/black are too harsh for my coloring. I'm fair with blonde hair and blue eyes, and this color/formula makes my lashes look naturally full; any other mascara makes my lashes look fake. Love it, gotta have it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice mascara when you curl your lashes, I haven't tried it without curling them. IT doesn't look like I'm wearing too much mascara either, its kinda of like Kristen Krueks lashes. I realy like it, I'm scared to try any new mascaras now. Oh yea, I took off one lipstick because if I look up close sorta, it looks a little greyish, but not ugly..this happens with all the mascaras i've tried. Sometimes A TINY BIT also flakes off, then if I rub it I have a line on my skin from the mascara. But I like it so much, that I don't mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know L'Oreal Voluminous and Maybelline Great Lash are always being touted by makeup artists as the best drugstore mascaras, but I prefer this one to both of those. It makes a nice natural day time look - your lashes look longer and fuller but they're not going to look dramatic (Volum' Express is better for that). I wouldn't buy this again because Maybelline is owned by L'Oreal which tests their ingredients on animals. But it is a good product and all things being equal, would probably be my staple mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2003 7:56:00 AM More reviews by wildorchidfaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A heaven sent and my HG -- after trying a high end from HR and comparing the results to fullnsoft, I must say that FullnSoft performs hell lot better than the HR. It not only gave me beautiful long lashes but also made them soft and voluminous!!! Don't hesistate to buy this! I was stupid to spend so much on the HR. I will never stray from the drugstore for mascaras EVER again...The only thing I do not like is the brush which is a tad too big for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by liltoonie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural mascara. It isnt waterproof for me, it just doesnt smear (it instead disapears to leave me mascara free) but I have no racoon eyes so no prob for me/ I wont buy this again tho, because I suspect I'm QUITE allergic to this (as in I had puffy eyes along with flaky skin) Too bad, I liked this stuff

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2003 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Precchan

I HATED THIS! Like the initial effect but that didn't last long! Hard to remove, smudged like there was no tomorrow, and is definately not waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 8:29:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wish this mascara didn't smudge on me, because I love how my lashes look with two coats of this! It's definitely not much of a thickening mascara on me, but my lashes get that long, spidery look with one coat and with the second clump together nicely for a kewpie doll look. It's also glossy, another plus! Downside: within a few hours it starts to smudge, and the smudge rate seems to escalate with each extra minute on my face. Update: I found a mascara that gives the exact same effect as this one, without any smudging at all: Shu Uemura Mascara Basic. It's much more expensive, but I think a mascara that doesn't smudge through a 3 hour nap is worth it, don't you?