September 19, 2014 | 1815 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP and I'm really impressed with it. It added volume, definition and a bit of length to my lashes with no clumping, flaking or smudging. I can even forgo using my Tweezerman eyelash comb when I apply this stuff, which is unusual. My boyfriend even complimented me on how good my lashes looked, which is also very unusual. He doesn't often notice stuff like that. I might have to invest in a tube of this stuff when the sample runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

I wear this masacara when I do not wear my Clinique - Naturally Glossy mascara. I think it is nice and do not have a lot of the problems others have mentioned. This does not flake or smudge for me. I wipe off the applicator before applying and it is not clumpy. One coat usually does it for me and my lashes look plump and gives them pretty definition. Sometimes I do not even curl my lashes when I am in a rush and this does not make them go straight like other mascaras I have tried. I also do not have any problems removing this mascara. Most of the time I can remove the majority of this mascara with warm water before I cleanse my face. If there is any left over after that I just scrub over my closed eyes with Philosophy's Purity as I'm finishing cleansing my face and it comes off nicely. Overall, I really like this mascara. In the Clinique family it is my 2nd favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by myoubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this mascara for a long time, so I know its ups and downs. THE GOOD: It does what it's supposed to do, which is give dark, thick lashes. It only takes one (two if you're feeling feisty) coats to achieve that effect, and it comes in both black and brown, which is wonderful and rare.
THE BAD: Clumps. Clumps all over the place, which are not sexy. And it doesn't lengthen the eyelashes at all. The ends of the eyelashes are also too thick, as a reviewer below has noted.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Gabby0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product with high expectations and was very disappointed. It literally caked clumps onto my eyelashes and it was almost impossible to remove! I couldn't get the mascara off my eyelashes even when using two different types of makeup remover. Disguisting!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by xkirstagx

Pros
Adds volume and slight length to lashes, easy to remove, a true black

Cons
Doesnt hold a curl, flakes, brush isn't anything special and easily replicated by cheaper brands

My opinion
I recieved this as a GWP and although the product does add volume, length etc, I just couldnt handle looking in the mirror during the day and seeing flake after flake after flake roll down my eyelids. It's awful and not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find this mascara makes my lashes spidery, clumpy, and the ends too thick. It also smears and flakes terribly (I don't usually have this problem with mascaras), and I have to use my Clarins Fix'Mascara over it to make it wearable. The brush is not great either, as it is all the same width. I would not recommend this unless you like an OTT thick clumpy look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by fifi_kitten

this is a pretty nice mascara. it lengthens my lashes really well and seperates them so they look really defined and dramatic, but not spidery and clumpy. it also doesn't flake that bad and doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy. and it washes away pretty easily with just water. i haven't cried or sweated profusely with this on, though, so i couldn't say how well it stands up under that. i did take off one lippie, however, because according to clinique's website, this mascara is supposed to be good for both lengthening and volume. for me, it really didn't add any volume at all. and since i have other mascaras that do both lengthen and volumize, i won't be buying it again. i'll finish the tube i have, because i do like it, but it leaves me wanting something more, so i'll go back to using the mascaras i know give me good volume and length.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by sofabean

I like this mascara because it's not waterproof, yet it still doesn't smear and come off like crazy. It stays put all day and I'm usually a teary-eyed person, but this didn't smudge onto my lower lash line at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general I am not a fan of Clinique; however I really like their mascaras. I have lashes that are pretty easy to work with so I don't demand too much from a mascara besides defining and looking at least somewhat natural. High Impact isn't my favorite from Clinique, but it gives my lashes a full, separated look without ever clumping, smudging, etc. It's not on the HG list, but it's probably worth a repurchase or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by zeroxstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so (for the price) this is my HG mascara (when combined w/ the lash building primer by Clinique. - I can buy the two for almost the same price as one mascara by another brand, so that in itself is great!) I get great use out of this mascara - no clumping, smudging, and it does actually give my tiny blond lashes curl and length. I only get about 2 months at most before it starts clumping however, so I do have to re-buy although I find that to be the case with any mascara I use.

I've never tried it w/o the Clinique primer so I can't review it on its own, but together they are wonderful!!