Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 6/24/2005 3:31:00 PM

I've been using this since 2005 with great results. When I started my face broke out alot more since I was in my early 20's and now that i'm closer to 30 yrs old my skin's gotten dryer and less prone to breakouts. I cleanse morning and evening followed with oil of Olay sensitive skin moisture cream. If I wash just once for the day i'll get blackheads around my nose after a couple weeks, but twice a day keeps my pores small and prevents deep pimples as well as dries up existing blocked pores. It's good at removing my daily sunscreen. I use alot of sunscreen SPF 60 to 70 so it builds up and this cleanser washes it all away. I've tried other cleansers over the years but this is a holy grail product.

on 6/13/2005 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this product because I don't feel like I have to use a toner after washing my face. When I do use one there is hardly anything on the cotton pad. I will agree the smell is bad. It smells like an old woman to me. I think I will buy it again.

on 6/5/2005 11:39:00 PM

I have used both types of Cetaphil facial cleansers. I recommend this product for people with normal skin. I would recommend original Cetaphil for those who suffer from acne or sensitive skin. This type causes my skin to be dry if I use it more than once a day. I can use original Cetaphil twice a day with no irritation.

on 6/2/2005 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like other reviewers here, I wanted to try something a little stronger than the regular Cetaphil for my oily skin and thought this was a fantastic find. I'm not happy at all with the smell- even though it's called "masking fragrance" on the ingredient listing. It's a major minus for me with fragrance allergies. Also, my face doesn't really feel clean when I use it and I do not wear foundation makeup on my face- just concealer and bronzer. Another review below thought it was a great mascara remover but for me it just smudges it under my eyes and I have to use my regular Cetaphil on cotton to thoroughly remove it. The best thing about this cleanser is the pump
dispenser. I'll use it for a hand soap and won't repurchase.

on 5/26/2005 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have to admit - I love this stuff. I have oily t-zone/acne, and have tried just about everything on the market. I always end up back with this to get my skin on a more even keel. I'm going back to it again, and I'm sticking to it this time!

on 5/13/2005 12:37:00 PM

This is my staple cleanser and I love it. The scent has never bothered me. The longer I leave it on before rinsing, the more it will dry out my face, but I find it overall very gentle and a great neutral everyday cleanser. I switch between this and the lotion type cleanser during the winter months when my skin is so dry. Pairs great with the Cetaphil moisturizer.

on 5/12/2005 5:02:00 PM

It cleans very well but I find it too irritating, especially around my eyes, and my skin isn't even that sensitive. It's just a mild stinging type of sensation but it's really annoying. Leaves me a little dry too. Once I use up the small bottle I bought to try, I'm on to something else that's more gentle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmmm...I'm not in love with this stuff as a cleanser. I find it a little drying (I have sensitive, yet oily acne-prone skin). however, I don't think it makes my skin worse--I just don't like the tightness and the fact that it doesn't lather. However, it is GREAT at removing mascara! (sorry I can't tell you about other make-up...all i wear is mascara). I just get my eyelids wet, squirt some cetaphil on my fingers, and all my mascara is gone. I don't even have to work at it very hard!! It's something good to have around, and if you don't like it as a cleanser, you can just keep it as a make-up remover.

on 5/5/2005 5:07:00 PM

Regular Cetaphil feels like I am smearing body lotion all over my face, and for some it might cleanse...but not for me. Cetaphil Normal to Oily is a great cleanser. I use it every morning, and it cleans really well and is not drying. I can see if you have extremely dry skin how one might find it drying, but if you have dry skin...you should not be buying a cleanser for Normal to Oily skin in the first place. Yes, the scent is VERY strong...but I love it!! It is clean and refreshing, and smells like Eucerin skin cleanser, that can only be found in Sweden, Norway and Finland. This is a great Cetaphil product!

on 4/28/2005 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm sorry but the fragrance in this is unforgivable. I have never EVER used such a scented product. Unscented i'm sure it would do an ok job but this stuff STINKS - and chapped my cheeks it is so strong. I blame the fragrance as it was a kind of reaction I have never experienced before - I usually use low scented products. I hope the other Cetaphil is better - it has a good reputation. I'm surprised a brand heralded for its sensitive skin products would bring out something so awfully perfumed. It reminds me of the way our dog smelt after he'd been to the poodle parlour - i.e. like shake and vac (carpet cleaner).