Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 4/28/2005 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm sorry but the fragrance in this is unforgivable. I have never EVER used such a scented product. Unscented i'm sure it would do an ok job but this stuff STINKS - and chapped my cheeks it is so strong. I blame the fragrance as it was a kind of reaction I have never experienced before - I usually use low scented products. I hope the other Cetaphil is better - it has a good reputation. I'm surprised a brand heralded for its sensitive skin products would bring out something so awfully perfumed. It reminds me of the way our dog smelt after he'd been to the poodle parlour - i.e. like shake and vac (carpet cleaner).

on 4/11/2005 2:55:00 AM

just a smidge onn the drying side, but I reach for it everyday.

on 4/3/2005 8:36:00 PM

I love this cleanser! It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It cleans well, removes my non-waterproof mascara well. I definitely recommend this cleanser. It's dermatologist recommended and it has a great price.

on 3/30/2005 11:10:00 PM

I like this cleanser. It is gentle, and rinses off easily. There are two downsides to the cleanser. I had to use the amount the size of a nickel to cover my face, and there is also the smell. Otherwise, I still like it.

This cleanser has worked well for my skin. I have tried hundreds of cleansers for different reasons and this cleanser seems to do the work that it needs to do. It cleans my skin, doesn't strip it dry, and my skin has been better off after a few weeks of usage. I have always searched for a cleanser to fix all my problems -- large pores, oily skin, minor breakouts...and this cleanser has def. improved my skin. And it does a wonderful job cleansing as well. It will even take off mascara (but wash well - it will burn your eyes if you don't). Will def. continue to use.

on 3/26/2005 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a much better cleanser for removing makeup than the original Cetaphil. Just two small pumps removes most of my face and eye makeup and dirt and oil without stripping my skin. It doesn't lather that well though and the cheap hairspray/perfume smell of this product needs to go! YUCK. But on the whole this is a good cleanser for combo and oily skins. I would buy again.

on 3/16/2005 6:04:00 PM

This product is great, not awesome... The smell was nasty! It smelled like a very large acne pad, which sorta scared me because acne pads dry my skin out completely. It dried it out a little bit, but nothing that moisturizer couldn't fix! I'm used to the scent now, but I wish they'd change it to an appealing scent like citrus or something!

on 3/11/2005 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this cleanser because my dermatologist recommended it. At first, I thought that it would irritate my skin because of the horrible scent. But, surprisingly, my skin has become smoother since I started using this cleanser. I haven't experienced any major breakouts while using this either. It does a ok job of removing my makeup (all I wear is some mineral foundation and mascara). I still have a little remmanents of my mascara left after I wash my face. But unfortunately, it smells rather unpleasant and irritates my eyes. I doubt I would repurchase unless, the formula was changed to unscented.

on 3/11/2005 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is too gentle for me,i can't even feel cleaning at all.I am not sure if it had removed my MU or not.But i used it on my eyes,and it didn't cause any problem,therefore i think i'd buy it again.

on 3/1/2005 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The smell reminds me of my kidlet's bubble bath, so I like that part. Otherwise, it's made me break out in weird areas (even after using my beloved persagel faithfully in said areas) and leaves behind a film. Ick. Not that great at taking off makeup, maybe better for the AM. Probably will keep looking. Too bad: I wanted to like this one after all the raves I've heard about Cetaphil.

Video Reviews & Tutorials