Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 12/27/2004 2:28:00 AM

This is a very, very expensive foundation (approx. $70 Cdn), even more expensive than Chanel. As a result, I would really love to 'de-bunk' this foundation. Unfortunately I have to admit this foundation is totally fabulous. It is light to medium coverage and matte finish. The reason I really, really love this foundation is that it really seems to do more to enhance my complexion than Chanel's Vitalumiere. I'm not too sure what it is about this foundation, maybe it's less yellow? I'm not sure - it just goes on so naturally, while at the same time making me look better. GA is great about giving samples, so go try it for yourself! ***BOTTOMLINE: ridiculously expensive, but it's worth the $$.

on 12/27/2004 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I looked into this one due to the popularity here. I find that it doesn't cover enough for me. There are other foundations that give me much more improvement. I went for a makeover this summer at Saks and when I left the store I was embarrassed to get home, thats how bad the makeup looked (had to do with the color the SA picked for me too). I had bought the foundation previously in #4, which is a nice, yellow toned, light color. It just doesnt do it for me.

on 12/25/2004 4:35:00 AM

I was a huge LSF fan. Until I realized it broke me out. The coverage is amazing. I love, and I do mean love, the way my skin virtually glows after I apply this. However, the ingredients are not acne prone skin friendly. I retired my LSF to special events, where I wash it off the second I get home. Any longer, I have a face full of clogged pores. So disappointing. I now use Neutrogena Healthy skin with fantastic results. No break outs and great coverage!

This is the best foundation I've used so far. Good coverage, I'd say medium, without looking fake. Don't try this with milk of magnesia underneath. When I did that, it made it look very fake. Anyway, the finish is dewy and smooth. I usually top this foundation w/Stila IPF. Dewy isn't my "thang"..lol. I took off one lippy because it's just a tad too oily for me, but I can deal with it, just use those oil blotters ;) I highly reccommend this foundation.

on 12/20/2004 5:49:00 PM

I waited a really long time to try this and I finally got to an Armani counter. The make up artist applied this foundation and I was hooked immediately. The color was an exact match and it covered the redness in my cheeks and evened out my skin tone beautifully. It looks really natural on the skin. I absolutely love this and it will replace my HG Chanel DPF foundation. This goes on easier. I use the blending brush to apply this and it's just so easy. No mess whatsoever! I also love how this has a pump bottle instead of a pouring type bottle. Everything stays neat and sanitary. I also purchased the foundation powder to use on days I'm not wearing liquid foundation and I like that as well. I will definitely repurchase this!

I was majorly lemming this item...but was sooo dissapointed. The coverage was heavy...kind of looked waxy on my skin...not natural at all. perhaps this is for more mature skin (the way vitaluminere is). Did not look young and fresh at all.

EDIT: I had a breakout, and tried this again. I Learned that I must have put too much on before...you only need a tiny bit of this and thin it out with a foundation brush application. That way it looks stunning: stays put, covers well, etc. Pretty much holy grail.

on 11/27/2004 10:03:00 PM

I have combo skin (oily in t-zone but dry on jawline and cheeks) and this foundation is great for me. Definitely evens out skin tone and makes skin look smoother without settling into pores. Even on my oily areas, the foundation does not budge or turn orange. Color match is also very good. Overall, I think it's slightly better than LM Oil Free (which I also like a lot) because the application is a lot easier. I will probably buy again when I run out.

on 11/27/2004 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product when I bought it. Unfortunately, it caused my skin to break out horribly. I've never had a problem with acne before. As soon as I stopped using this product my skin began to return to normal.

on 11/27/2004 8:39:00 PM

For fifty dollars, I better like this. It's something I would wear more in the cooler months for my oily skin. I use # 4 (I'm an NC-15 in MAC; a Warm Ivory in LM) which is a light beige ivory shade. The texture is creamy without being oily. To make it last, I add powder on top.

on 11/23/2004 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My HG foundation Finally!!! I use a 5.5 color mixed with Fluid Sheer in #10-and the glow about my face is amazing. I am over 45 and have a few fine lines which I prep with an eye cream that plumps, before i apply foundation with GA's face brush. Will def. repurchase!!!