October 31, 2014 | 1474 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2003 4:01:00 AM More reviews by gelo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love, love, love this. i have sensitive medium asian skin and i use #5 LSF in the winter and #6 LSF in the summer. i've been using this for a couple of years and i've had no problems with breakouts or inflamation. i naturally have redness to my skin and i buy this LSF to hide it and it works very well to even out my skintone. it works so well on me that when i drink alcohol you can't see me blush bright red. it's very pigmented, it provides medium to full coverage depending on how much you put on, and it's versatile - mix it with moisturizer for a sheer look. it does have a smell to it (i think it smells a bit like caladryl lotion). i like the pump bottle so bacteria doesn't get in.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by airickuh

Eww. I'm not often inspired to review, but here goes. I got samples from Saks of both LSF and MSF. Color #4 is a great match. For some reason this made me break out horribly. I have combo, sensitive skin that turns red but doesn't break out. I used the LSF on one side of my face and the MSF on the other. After a day of wear, the MSF side looks ok and the LSF looks like an odd rash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2003 8:10:00 AM More reviews by alicecrybaby

So much has been said about this foundation, and I'll just add to the raving reviews. I use the #4 color-the perfect color match- and blend it on my face with a foundation brush(not GA). It looks like clean even skin,you cannot usually tell I'm wearing any foundation.For me it best looks when mixed with liquid sheer-just add special sheen to the face(not shine..lol). This is my first Armani foundation but I have a feeling I will repurchase this from now on. TIP:Because this is not a very moisturizing foundation, it does tend to emphasize flakies, so I cannot stress moisturizing well with this foundation enough.If your skin is well-moisturized this foundation will be a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lolo

This foundation is MAGIC. I just love everything about it - the perfectly matching shade (#5), the texture, the packaging... Absolutely no problem with my combo Acne Rosacea skin. I do recommend using this foundation w/ Armani loose powder. The radiance and silky texure seems to die a little bit with other powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 5:25:00 PM More reviews by chopsticktoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm just discovering that Armani line is all about texture. Their LSF is some of the best foundation ever. Having a bad luck with Becca (doesn't react well with my dry skin) this one is definitely a winner. #4 is a tad pinker than my asian, naturally-yellow tone skin but it wears like silk on my dry skin. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches or fine lines and love the soft fragrance. The coverage is light to medium, and it does creases on my frownlines if powdered too heavily, so I usually skip powder and add either cream blush/powder blush on top.

If you are in the market for a new foundation, this one is worth checking out. It is a bit costly but very much worth it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 7:38:00 PM More reviews by chzprk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this stuff! when i first started wearing it, people (including my own boyfriend) would look at me, tilt their head and say, "wow, your skin looks really good!" it really makes me glow and doesn't have glitter flecks like in other products. it's a bit pricey, but it lasts. just one pump, and i'm good for the rest of the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2003 11:16:00 PM More reviews by enya

This stuff is great. I've tried RMK, SKII and clinique before this. All of them are fine but LSF is just magic. Good coverage yet it looks so natural on my skin. Contrary to what some MUAers were saying, it doesn't emphasize my pores. Gives dewy finish without any dramatic shimmer. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2003 9:50:00 AM More reviews by antoniaisweird

I don't wear foundation very often, but when I do, I wear this. I'm an LSF#5 and it just sinks right into my skin and covers very well. Perfect match. It definitely is Luminous, and gives my face a nice glow without being phospherescent. Very good for building and makes my skin look flawless.

My advice though is to make sure you've moisturised well because while it is quite slick, it will get cakey on any dry spots. I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2003 3:38:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. I don't know that it's anything truly spectacular, but here is what I like about it: full coverage. The consistency is rather thin but it's extremely pigmented, such that I really only need concealer for very dark spots on my face. It stays on all day, and actually looks better by the end of the day (at least on my dry skin). Unfragranced, unlike Becca's LSC which I used right before this.

Things I don't like: the colors are a little odd. You know how most Chantecaille foundations are just too pink for most skin tones? I think the Armani is too beige. My complexion is LLL/FFF, but #5 is too dark, and while #4 doesn't look too light, neither of them blend into my skin the way my Becca LSC in Cashmere did - I sat at the counter for an hour and there was not a single perfect match, and I decided it's because the colors are just toned oddly.

That said, the pump dispenser is convenient and hygenic (although the pump dispenses a little too much), and the price isn't bad. Great coverage, doesn't look overly heavy. Retails for $46.00

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2003 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lipfiend

I'm still torn about this product. I've used it with the foundation brush and it still takes me longer to apply it evenly. Plus, as the MA suggested, I blot the excess with a make-up sponge. It seems to take a lot of time to get this product to blend.

When I finally do get it on, it's amazing! My skin glows and it looks extremely natural. I was worried that it would make my combination skin (oily with dry patches) more oily, but it doesn't. It's a wonderful foundation when I have the time and patience.

UPDATE: I've given up on LSF. It's too time consuming, magnifies dry patches, and became too oily on my skin, even though it's oil-free. I've switched to GA MSF, and that is my HG foundation.