Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

I honestly do not understand the appeal of this product...was really excited to try it, got a sample tube and then...nothing! I have combo skin (oily tzone, normal cheeks, with large pores on my cheeks-usually clear except occasional hormonal breakout. This wasnt bad but it wasnt great in terms of the finish, it was too glittery for me and it looks like i am wearing heavy makeup but doesnt even cover much (not that i have much to cover but still...) also the SA colour matched me no.4 and i think it was way too yellow for me. By the end of work my skin felt awful with this stuff on and it clogged my pores up.. really disapointed-i have tried better from revlon, clinique etc.

It doesn't get any better than this. this applies to all Armani products. No disappointment in the entire lot. Except for the mascara. Which sucks.

I don't know what the rave is about this product. It's too cakey looking and not a natural/silky look at all. I also don't see what so luminous about it. When I put it on, it doesn't glide on. I've used the bottle twice, and now it's all wasted.

An interesting foundation, in that it's really not like anything I've used before. The texture is gorgeous and it truly is luminous and silky. What really annoyed me was first the price ($80 AU) and the colour! I'm number 2 in the range and although the shade was fair, the yellowish undertone was totally incorrect on my skin! I find this also cakes after a while, and it definitely made me break out. Won't repurchase, but a good special-occasion foundation nonetheless.

[EDIT: Break-out city, no way!]

I just can't seem to figure this foundation out. I'd heard such rave reviews and bought it because it seemed good on application at the store. But I have tried and tried and everytime I put it on, despite what's under or over it, or how I apply it (brush, sponge, fingers) it looks horrible. It makes my pores stand out as lighter than the rest of my face, streaks and looks very unnatural. I noticed if I try to blot it, I can get it to look OK and actually then like the luminosity, but this is too much trouble! I guess I'm back to my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for now...

a bit too cakey looking

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Far too thick liquid foundation.
It creases & marks lines, makes me look 5 years older. I have tried three different shades, with and without powder, it just doesn't flatter my skin at all. Shades in the middle range are too yellow.
Even Nars balanced foundation is better as it is beautiful for 2 hours. LSF is ugly as soon as applied.

I had high hopes for this legendary foundation but they just weren't fulfilled. What I did like about this foundation was the dewiness; what I didn't like was that it just kind of sat on top of my skin, regardless of what kind of moisturizer, primer or fluid sheer I used underneath. And it didn't quite provide the coverage I was looking for. I can see how someone else would really like this but my combo skin looks way better in Marais cream foundation.

This may just be my HG. I use 4.5, and I use it with Smashbox Primer (which I've loved ever since I've discovered it!) and it just glides on with gorgeous coverage. I don't even use concealer anymore - I just build on coverage with a lipbrush on my blemishes and it's a seamless effect. Especially after 10 minutes, when the foundation has warmed properly on the skin, the coverage is soft, radiant, and the finish is not powdery or cakey at all. I'll always come back to this, I'm sure.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The MA decided I was # 8 which looked okay on me but didnt pair well with my LRP sunscreen underneath. Made my face looke dull and very oily. I like that the colors are yellow based and spreads well for smooth coverage but it doesnt stay on. This one I only had the sample of but I bought MSF (6.5) which broke me out and was simply bad on me.