December 18, 2014 | 1739 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

I used to use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade #6. Btw, I am a Stila D/E. Upon application, this foundation was silky and smooth. It felt very nice on. But, after a few hours, I was an oil slick! Yuck! :P This is not the best choice for oily skinned gals like me(they didn't have Matte Silk when I first bought this). The good thing is that it didn;t break me out and I have vvery acne prone skin. But, the color was "off". I had a slightly greyish/ashy cast on my face. So, I swapped my $48 bottle of LSF away.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2004 8:59:00 AM More reviews by cyyin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have mild rosacea. I tried #05 at GA counter. Result: Flaky, flaky & flaky. I didn't even notice the flakes before i tried the product. The foundation made them very obvious. My face was just horrible after I put the foundation on. If you have dry flaky skin, save your money and buy a more moisturizing foundation elsewhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nightlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in #0... which is white. The texture of this shade is much more like a Fluid Sheer than the average LSF formulation. It's much much sheerer, with zero shimmer. It's perfect for my skintone. I actually use this product as a PPP's alternative to a tinted moisturiser! It's so light and sheer, that just a light dusting of loose powder over the top creates a very natural, light coverage. Alternatively, I use this LSF as a primer and apply Armani's Silk Powder Foundation over the top (using BB's kabuki brush). Either way... this is gawjus. It applies SO smoothly and lightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2004 1:31:00 AM More reviews by nygymnst

I love this foundation! I am *so* glad I purchased this! I had been using my KA SSE until I found this baby! While I do love the KA, I wanted something that was easier to apply and that could be done in seconds, also was looking for something in a fluid as opposed to solid form. Originally I went to the Saks (NYC) counter looking for the MSF (oily/combo/acne prone) but I met a very helpful SA who convinced me otherwise! I had been set on the MSF but was told I would get more coverage with the LSF than with the MSF, which was actually more sheer. Plus, I couldn't find a good color match because they don't offer as many choices in the MSF. So I looked at the LSF and wow! Perfect match! And the finish is amazing, so so silky! The LSF is also oil-free and I've been using for about 3 weeks already with no skin problems at all- in fact, my skin looks great! :-) I wore this in Panama on vacation in high humidity and 90 degree weather and this stayed put! It looks so natural too which I love, actually lets your skin show through! Also, this leaves my skin with a pretty darned matte finish. Not a noticeable pasty dry faced matte, but a real nice non-oily look that just makes my skin look perfect! It's pretty long lasting too, best makeup buy I've had in a while. My only gripe about this is the container which is in a pump bottle. The pump is first off, hard to pump, and so it's hard to get only a small amount out of there. Usually I end up with enough for 3/4 of my face with one slight pump, and though I try to only do a half-pump it doesn't usually work. According to the SA they will be changing the containers this year-thankfully! Wish it had been sooner though! Oh and I'm a GGG with yellow undertones and found the #7 to be a perfect match!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2004 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kicjg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I heard so many raves about this product that I expected the most amazing product. Instead, something in the formula made my face itch. I also found my skin turning pink as I wore it. Obviously, the chemicals in the product are very harsh. For $50 I expected MUCH more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by azn_babay_kat

Oy, so good. But oy, so steep (the price).
I must admit that I am the foundation ho! *waves* I have about 12 foundations at home, and some how they just keep on growing. However, if I had to pick a favourite out of them, this HAS to be it!

*pats GA LSF and gives it some love*
The colour match is SOOO amazing, and for once I'm not the lightest colour (hi! my name is The Pale!) I'm a MAC NC15, Stila 10 Watts, PPP and I'm 2.0 in this fdn. It gives me the glowiest finish (not oiliest slick looking thing, I'm looking at you, Loreal Translucide). I use a foundation brush with this, even though I was told that fingers would work the best, I'm a rebel, what can I say.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cabbagepatchkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not an everyday foundation wearer. I probably only wear foundation once a month.

I'm an LSF#1, and this is a perfect match.

Depending on the weather, my skin gets the occasional dry spell. Definitely recommend a good moisturiser underneath so the flakey bits don't show up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

I received this in "0" as a gift and was suprised it didn't make me look dead. I am quite pale to begin with-but this stuff didn't really go on opaque enough to make me look like some goth kid. It evened out my skin and gave it a tiny glow. It applied easily but without that silicone afterfeel. The only thing I don't like is that it appears you can't unscrew the pump dispenser from the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Giorgio Armani makes some great cosmetics and I love the LSF on me. I have #5, which is the same exact number I have in the MSF. It goes on a lot sheerer than the MSF, so it's good for the summertime. I have to say I am partial to the MSF #5 because it perfects my skin with little coverage rather than the LSF, which makes my skin glow, but covers minimally my imperfections. However, this is a wondeful foundation. Sometimes I mix the LSF with the MSF to achieve the best of both worlds. That combo leaves my skin radiant and matte at the same time, which for me, is ideal. I love the color match of the 5 on me and the formulation is divine. I truly believe it's worth every penny for every ounce it has. I prep my skin beforehand by exfoliating with Fresh Sugar Scrub, moisturizing with Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream, and priming with Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer before I apply a layer of LSF. The result is silky skin with a healthy sheen that provides an amazing canvas for color. I wish its availability was wider, but maybe it will happen as it becomes more popular. Edited: I think the silicone in this breaks me out. We'll see.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2003 4:59:00 PM More reviews by princess22222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just NO GOOD for my super-dry skin! I have mild rosacea and when I first apply this it's fine but 15 minutes later it has caked on me like crazy! Not for those with very very dry skin. I gave to my mother and she LOVES it!!