Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 10/16/2004 3:01:00 AM

I must say I don't understand why there is so much hype about this foundation... I felt that after applying it...it gave me a rather pasty/too brushed up (despite using only the tiniest amount) look. The "luminous" factor is just not there for me...mediocre result and definitely NOT WORTH the money!

on 10/15/2004 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I absolutely love what this foundation does for my face. It makes me look smooth and dewy/glowy. Beautiful. And its a great canvas for my orgasm blush. it definitely gives me the look I'm going for. The only problem is I'm finishing off a bottle of 8 and I'm not that dark anymore. So I will be going in to check out the 7. A MA for Armani recommended that I mix a little of fluid sheers 2 to make it lighter, and it worked and looked pretty. Unfortunately I can't afford fluid sheer at this point, but I do love mixing the sample that she gave me :) Beautiful foundation, no doubt.

on 10/12/2004 7:52:00 AM

First of all I'm not reviewing the LSF but am reviewing the new foundation Hydraglow SPF15-it is for dry skin. Mine is combo but I find that a little goes a long way and makes my skin look flawless. It is heavier than LSF but if you keep blending with the brush it will go sheer. The glow is soft but very very luminous. I went back to the LSF a few days after but found the results anemic when compared with the new stuff. I bought 5 in London I don't know if it is in the states yet.

on 10/7/2004 4:00:00 PM

I'll admit I have strayed from this foundation several times, being the m/u junkie that I am, but I always find myself coming back to this and it has become a daily staple in my m/u routine. I am Asian w/ a lot of yellow undertones and medium/dark complexion. I use LSF in #8 and it is a dead-on match to my skin tone. I thought this formula would be too oily for me during the summer months, but I ended up using it the majority of the summer! This foundation stays natural and does not change color whatsoever. Finish is a natural, semi-matte/semi-dewy one. My only gripe is that I wish the pump dispenser allowed for different amounts to come out. I don't need much foundation to cover my trouble spots, but one pump of this gives you enough for 2-3 full face applications! I end up wasting TONS of foundation at a time. Oh well, I will keep using this and my other Armani products for as long as they make them. I'm hoping he comes out w/ a skick foundation with similar qualities as the LSF. That way I'd end up wasting less!

on 10/1/2004 10:54:00 AM

I was recommended by MA is Saks in #4.5 . After used a few months, I don't like the shade. It's too orange for me. When I was in HK, I bought #5 and love it very much. It's more natural. One thing I don't like is LSF has a strange smell. All in all, it is a great prouduct worth to have it.

on 9/29/2004 9:45:00 AM

This is one of the best products I've ever found. I discovered LSF two years ago while walking thru Saks in NY. I wsn't looking for foundation or even makeup but the SA who stopped me did a great job of getting me in the makeover chair. Since then, I'm hooked on just about all the Armani products but especially the LSF. It gives the most beautiful, glowing finish without looking like makeup. Yes, it's expensive, but a bottle typically lasts me 7 or 8 months and I wear it every day. Recently I ran out of LSF and tried to find something until I could get more. I tried just about everything - Lancome, Dior, LM, Stila, BB - nothing came close, although L'Oreal True Match wasn't bad. If I travel to a city with an Armani counter - I always find a way to fit a visit into my schedule, if only just to see what's new. I wish we had one in the Washington DC area, hopefully soon!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Been using this for a couple of days...I like it but I'm not blown away by it. It blends really easily and does a good job of covering w/o looking like obvious foundation. The finish is natural...not overly dewy or matte or anything. My skin hasn't been the greatest lately..but this makes it look a lot nicer..and I doesn't seem to be causing anymore problems. I would consider this a keeper if it keeps on working so well.

on 9/23/2004 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have combination, acne-prone skin with minimal blemishes on my cheeks. I used to favor Prescriptives & Laura Mercier; on a whim, I decided to try Luminous Silk. What a marked difference! If there are 2 products I can't live without now, it's this & Cle de Peau Undereye concealer & this foundation. It is expensive but you only need a maximum of 2 pumps & it gives a great coverage with an ultra-light feel.

on 9/22/2004 9:36:00 PM

I absolutely hated the whole GA line. I used to have OK skin but after I have started using their makeup remover, moisturizer, makeup base and this foundation, they have blocked my pores. I had to spend so much money on facials to get my skin "repaired" (my beautician was horrified when she saw my skin! It was dehydrated and most of the pores are clotted!). Highly recommended anyone to look elsewhere!

on 9/18/2004 8:33:00 PM

I have tried 2 different Armani foundations, and both made me look 10 years older! The color match was fine, but it settles into fine lines immediately and makes me look horrid! In fact, once, at one of their events at Saks, a friend and I both had our makeup done, and we both had more visible lines than when we walked in. I love the eyeshadows in this line, but the foundation just doesn't work for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials