April 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I have been searching for a good foundation alternative for a while. I have tried multiple tinted moisturizers and they have all broken me out... Meaning I need more coverage now. So I started looking at BB creams. Garnier got so-so reviews, covergirl got awful reviews, and I am but a poor cosmetology student so ordering a pricier one was out of the question. This BB cream seemed like a good bet so I picked it up. The coverage leans more towards tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin and feels really good on my face. Definitely a "your skin only better" thing. While my skin isn't at its clearest I dust a mineral foundation over the top and it looks pretty and natural. I can't wait to be able to wear this alone. I may never go back to regular foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry, and sensitive skin that tends to react to almost anything that is applied on it. I was perusing through Walmart recently and I noticed this display and figured it was worth trying it out considering that it was under ten dollars. The coverage is light, which is fine, especially seeing as this summer has been especially hot. I set this with Almay's TLC powder and my skin looks radiant, and natural. I will buy again, the sunscreen and the fact that it hasn't caused me any irritation makes it well worth the buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by areno79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been wanting to jump on the BB Cream bandwagon, saw this at Walmart for less than 10 bucks and decided to give it a try.
When I first used it I was surprised at how dark the color looked out of the bottle, but it went on my skin a little lighter so it was a decent color match.
It doesn't provide much coverage for my red, splotchy skin, (only a heavy duty foundation really does) but it had enough coverage to not make me feel sub-conscious, which I think is the point of a tinted moisturizer.
However, every time I've worn it, I've broken out in zits at weird spots on my face...my chin, under my nose, my cheek. It does make my skin look oily (and my skin is normally dry), so if you have oily skin this product might not work for you. The zits really ruined it for me so I'll be tossing it. :( My skin is already bad enough, don't need to add to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by gocats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I can't comment on this as a BB cream (when I ran across the term "BB cream" on MUA I had to Google it), but it is a nice tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone and substitutes for foundation for everyday makeup. I wear a separate SPF 30 moisturizer, so I'm not concerned about the amount of titanium dioxide in it. My face is occasionally shiny at the end of the day, but when it's 95 degrees and humid, shine's going to happen. I will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Initially I thought this product was great. Though the '8 in 1' claims aren't really significant (I didn't expect them to be for $8.99), I thought this was a a good drugstore alternative to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Also, the shade range is incredible compared to similar products. It applies well, doesn't cover well, but it does even out complexion as a bb cream or tinted moisturizer should. But after a week or so wearing this with a light powder on top, I was noticing that my skin wasn't breaking out with pimples, but with white heads. Little clusters of them appeared every where and we not that noticeable in an indoor setting. But in the wrong light, the texture of my skin looked uneven and bumpy. I've switched back to my Laura Mercier. Even though it's quadruple the price, it keeps my skin texture normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

I'm so in love with this product. This is the first Maybelline face produce that matches my skin. like others have said I haven seen it even my skin but it does not break me out and I have super oily skin, it gives me a beautiful glow and I always get compliments when I wear this. I usually build it up to medium coverage and no matter how much I build it never looks cakey or to much. And kuddos to maybelline because this is the only drugstore BB cream that has colors for AA women. This is my definite everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Rosie125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I haven't tried many BB creams, but I have to say I love this product!!! Its more of a tinted moisturizer then a actually BB cream. I haven"t really found that it corrects blemishes, brightens skin or any other of the 8 things its supposed to do. Its pretty much a very nice light coverage tinted moisturizer. It was a great price for a drugstore product but,I really wish that you got more of it. I think for a drugstore "BB cream" it had a great range of colors. Even if you are really light you could use the darker color to contour your face. I also found if you mix 2 colors you can get a more natural glow and match your skin tone. Overall I think is a great buy!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by chandler1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever BB cream purchase, and I was so pleased. I have combination skin, so my t-zone does tend to get oily, so i just applied some powder after i put on the bb cream, and it was great. My skin feels awesome, and I get great coverage, without the heaviness of foundations. I never thought I would like a moisturizer like this, but it was an amazing surprise! I would certainly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

This is my first ever experience with a BB Cream, so I really can't compare this product to others in the same category. I can say, however, that I prefer this foundation to any of the other liquid foundations that I've tried, including MAC Studio Finish and Revlon Colorstay.

I admit I had low expectations for this foundation. My last experience with a Maybelline foundation did not end well. I've not had positive experiences with Maybelline products in general, aside from their 24 Hour concealer which I love. But I ended up buying this on a whim from CVS, half expecting to return it after one use. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Before switching to this BB cream, I'd been using Revlon Colorstay. I was happy with it up until recently, when my skin started looking dull, oily and breaking out. My skin has done a complete 180 since I started using Dream Fresh. I've been using this for about a week, and I can already tell that it's improving my complexion. My skin tone is starting to look even and healthy without foundation. Wearing it gives my skin that extra little something that it needs. It says on the label that it "Blurs imperfections", but I'd say it does a bit more that that. It really makes my skin look flawless. I was nervous that the moisturizers in this would break me out, but I have not had a single pimple since I started wearing it. Plus I've noticed that red marks left from pimples that have healed are becoming lighter and less noticeable as well.

I previously used 200 Nude in Revlon Colorstay, and I find that the Light shade in Dream Fresh blends really well with my skin tone.

The coverage is light to medium, which is generally what I need. I think a few years ago when I was struggling with acne this foundation would have been too sheer for me. When I wore Colorstay I would have to reapply powder in the afternoon/evening because I would start to look oily. I have not had that issue with Dream Fresh, and I find that I can go the whole day without the need to reapply powder.

I would like to try other BB creams sometime in the future, just to experiment. But for now, I'm very happy with Dream Fresh BB Cream, and I will definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ashes0786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually don't write reviews about products that I've tried but felt I needed to write one about Maybeline's BB Cream after reading some bad reviews. I've never tried a BB cream before so I don't really have anything to compare it to but I think that this cream is awesome! I bought the Light/Medium shade and was a little nervous when I first put it on because it was lighter than my skin color. But after a few minuets it didn't even look like I had make up on because it really does adjusts to your skin tone! My skin looks smooth and flawless with out looking cakey like some foundations do. It doesn't feel oily or dry or heavy, it doesn't feel like anything at all! I've been using it for about a week now and I haven't broken out and I have semi sensitive skin. Everyone's skin is different and is going to react differently to make up. Don't let the bad reviews scare you like they almost did for me. I'm really glad that I tried it. The only thing that they could improve is selling it in a bigger bottle because I'm not sure how long it's going to last.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No