Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I was skeptical about the clarisonic and was unsure of wanting to spend that much money.
I have very oily skin,blackheads, big pores,and I'm also acne prone.
I've tried proactive, I've been on oral medications as well as acne creams from the dermatologist, these would help to an extent overtime,but I would still have breakouts.
I've been using the clarisonic for about a week now,and I LOVE it. My skin is smoother,my pores have gone down in size, and my breakouts have reduced in size. I also notice a difference in the texture of my skin, and my products and makeup setting look better...I actually look forward to washing my face,and it just feels like a nice massage on my face.
So far so good. I know it is an investment, but I can honestly say in the short amount of time this has made a difference in my skin...and coming from someone who has tried SEVERAL things before, this has been great.

Great product! What can I say. my skin has been looking glowy and refreshed since using it twice daily for the last 2 weeks. I live in the UK but got the pink mia when I visited the US 2 weeks ago.

It works with most cleansers - there is no need to use clarisonic's. I have also bought 2 replacement brush heads for 'delicate' skin because I have heard that the original head can be rather abrasive. i'm currently using the sensitive brush head and I find it wonderful. Perfect level of cleansing and feels great after I use it everytime. I agree with a previous review - it feels like you just had a facial. Everytime. Love it.

I didn't experience any purging and in fact using this daily might have prevented breakouts - My skin's incredibly soft and my bf commented on how great it looks too. Love it. Would def repurchase. Its very portable and super cute in pink too!

on 6/5/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased a Clarisonic Mia on the advice of a facialist to deep clean my pores. (she was probably overworked working on my face for that facial. eek!!). I decided to get the yellow Mia instead of the full sized one so it wouldn't take up as much space on my counter and would be more portable for travel. Luckily I got this with all kinds of samples from Sephora so I feel I got a great deal. I really like this device and love the color too - it is so cute! It is much more gentle than the cheap imitations I have been using that have been much too harsh for my sensitive skin. So far I have used it with the Clarisonic cleanser that came with it and I am happy with that although it seems like a normal cleanser to me so far. I would purchase this again, but hopefully it will last for a long long time and that won't be necessary anytime soon.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was reluctant to spend that much money on a face cleaner, but I'm glad I did. My face feels nice and soft and clean! I haven't had much luck with it removing the blackheads from my nose, and I have been experiencing purging. So maybe I just need to switch to a better cleanser. Overall though the Mia is a good splurge. It makes you feel like you've been to the spa.

on 5/27/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDITED 6/18/2011:

I've had my Mia for over a year now, and I've come back to totally change my review on it. Ever since I bought it, my skin kept breaking out more and more. I thought my skin was just "purging," as some people say happens at first until the benefits of using this brush kick in. Well, I don't think it should take an entire year for my skin to purge! I've switched cleansers, tried new topical creams, and STILL my face kept breaking out. I blamed it on stress, the weather, hormones, allergies, etc. I finally decided to stop using the Mia about 2 weeks ago, and lo and behold... my skin is actually clearing up!!! Unbelievable! Leads me to believe that I wasted A LOT of money on this stupid gadget (and because of it), because it only gave me more problems and didn't work for me at all. I will say that I DO have very sensitive skin. I also have rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia, oily skin (T-zone), and allergies to certain products (ie. lanolin, fragrance, etc).... so this brush apparently is no remedy for people who share my problems. I guess this is a brush for people with good skin... and if that's the case... why would you need the brush at all? I think this is just another one of those gimmicky fad products that no one really needs. JMHO.

on 5/22/2010 3:59:00 AM

I've been faithfully using my Mia for 10 days morning and night. 1 minute in the morning 2 at night on days I wear makeup. I'm a believer! My face is radiant without makeup! I have sensitive, combination, breakout prone skin that is also suffering from redness/minor acne scars. Since I have fair skin the redness and acne scars
have been an annoying issue for me. Since using Mia, my scars have faded considerably, redness calmed, and best of all, no breakouts! I did get one white head on the day I used too much sunscreen but that was nothing major. I really love the deep clean and look forward to cleaning my face everyday. If something were happen to my Mia or if I were to lose it, I would repurchase in a heart beat. It has become a vital part of my skin care and a powerful one at that. Love!

on 5/19/2010 6:05:00 PM

I love the Mia! It's made the biggest difference in my skin of anything I have ever tried. It got rid of my blackheads on my nose and chin within about a month of use. I use it every morning in the shower on my face, chest and back, and honestly, my skin has not been this good in years. I have had these blackheads and clogged pores since my mid-20s, and although other products improved them, nothing ever made them go away entirely until I used this. Holy Grail, and totally worth the money.

on 5/16/2010 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this gadget!!! Makes my skin feel wonderful without making it super sensitive or raw feeling. When I use it on a regular basis my breakouts decrease dramatically, my skin glows a little more and feels softer and more even. I got the brush head for sensitive skin so I guess it's softer than the others. Fabulous little gadget, worth the investment, I'd recommend it to everyone.

on 5/15/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I've been using my mia for a few months now. I haven't had as many breakouts and I love the way my skin feels. I don't feel like the minute is long enough to get totally clean so sometimes I go for two minutes. I purchased mine from QVC and I feel it was an excellent investment. My skin looks really good.

on 5/11/2010 2:32:00 PM

I'm not one of the people that saw a difference from the first time i used my Clarisonic. I purchased the Mia because the SA at Sephora informed me that there was no difference between the normal Clarisonic and the Mia except that the Mia didn't have speed controls which i am happy about because the speed that the Mia goes in is perfect for me, so is the sensitive brush head that comes with it. At first i thought this was going to fail on me because i couldn't tell any difference on my skins appearance except that my face felt a lot smoother when i used the Clarisonic as opposed to using just my hands. I use Cetaphil cleanser or my Clinique liquid soap with my Clarisonic and now that i have been using it for almost 2 months i can definitely tell the glow in my skin i can just wear concealer on my under eyes and walk out of the house because thanks my Clarisonic i am now confident in my own skin. Thank you Clarisonic!

note: i purchased this when Sephora had %15 off and i had a gift card that i got from a swapper here so my Clarisonic was only around $90, totally worth the retail price for the results that it gives, i really recommend it. And there is no performance difference between the full size Clarisonic and the Mia they work the same the regular Clarisonic just has more speed options etc. but if you just want to use it for its purpose i suggest the Mia since it is the same thing but smaller, easier for storage/travel, and cheaper in price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials