Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 7/29/2010 11:00:00 PM

I have been using the Mia for about a week now... and although I don't have many problems with my skin, right away I could see an improvement in my skin texture and tone. I also felt it helped give my skin a "glow" and minimizes the appearance of the lines I am beginning to develop from frowning in my sleep and around my eyes. My skin feels amazing and soft after cleansing with this brush... I can't wait to see the long term benefits, especially if it minimizes my pores. So far I really LOVE this brush, and am glad that I finally splurged on one!

on 7/26/2010 3:00:00 AM

This is a miracle worker! The difference is very subtle, but I do see it. I am only using this for 2 weeks but already, i feel weird when I need to charge my mia and i couldn't use it.. m using the delicate head, twice a day - experienced minor purging first week (was wondering why the mini outbreak but nothing that can't be covered up) - but now i can wear just liquid foundation and light dust of pp/guerlain meteorites and go out feeling comfortable! skin feels smoother, softer !

Eta: this has reached HG status for me, I am still using the same Mia and I alternate sensitive and pore cleansing heads - cant live without this baby! It has improved my skin condition over time.

on 7/24/2010 5:37:00 PM

Despite hearing good things about Clarisonic, I was very skeptical about this product because I didn't think that a skin care brush would make that much of a difference in the way your skin looks. I certainly didn't think that any skin care brush would be worth $150. After using the Mia twice a day for a month, however, I have to say that this is the best skin care purchase I've made in years. Sure, it's pricey, but think of it as an investment. You can use it with any cleanser, and it actually makes ALL of your skin care products work better by helping your cleanser to really clean your pores and prepping your skin for better absorption of serums and moisturizers. If you find that your favorite skin care products stop working for you after a while, this will be a great booster for your existing products. As for the people who are experiencing dryness or breakouts, you might be scrubbing too hard with the brush. Alternatively, you might be using the wrong type of brush for your skin. I have the brush for sensitive skin, and I haven't experienced any problems at all. In addition, it takes time to see a noticeable improvement in your skin. I didn't notice any difference in my skin at first, but after using it consistently for two weeks, I began to see smoother, clearer, and more radiant skin. I'm glad I purchased the Mia and can't imagine going back to manually washing my face now.

on 7/21/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about two months now and I haven't seen my skin look this good in a LONG time. When I moved to Boston my t-zone got SUPER dry and no moisturizer, exfoliator, etc could bring it back to normal. I heard good things about this product so I bit the bullet and bought it. In one use I noticed that the dryness was gone! Continued use led to improved texture and tone, lightened blemishes, reduced redness and that glow-y look I've been trying to achieve.

I took off a star for the price (even thought its worth it!) and because for the first few weeks of using this product I did break out a little. Nothing concerning and nothing I've never seen before, it was just annoying. However, since I was also using a new cleanser in combination with the clarisonic I can't place all the blame on it.

on 7/21/2010 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never purchase a beauty tool this expensive before but it was totally worth it. After a week of using this, my skin is glowing.I bought mine from Skinstore.com. I got it within 4 days, that is including Sat and Sun.

During the time of the month, i would usually have cystic acne forming on my chin. But Mia stops the acne to forms. I could still feel the acne bumps but within a day or two, it will subside. That actually means less scarring!

Another good thing about Mia is it reduces my pores size slightly, giving it a more refined look. I have oily and sensitive skin (redness on my cheeks) and the sensitive brush is not too harsh for my skin ( note that i use this up to twice daily).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The entire unit is waterproof, easy to use and clean. The charger is magnetic but it does slip off easily. I use this once a day on my face with my neutrogena microclear cleanser. The first time I used it I was impressed to see all the dirt from my face on the brush. The first couple of days I thought my face was getting lighter in complexion, cleaner and the mild acne I had was diminishing. HA! Now my cheeks completely broke out. My acne is much worse than before. I'm still using this product and I sanitize the brush before every use. I'm hoping it will clear up with continued use. I'm giving this 2 more weeks and maybe I too will sell it or give it away. Mixed review altogether about this product. Will update.

on 7/20/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am honestly glad this product works for the majority of people, but unfortunately it was a nightmare for me.

-Extremely (!!!) drying to my skin, no matter how gentle I was, even after only one use.
-Actually led to more pimples/did not clear anything.

This product is SO expensive and did not work for me at all, I am extremely disappointed. I would not repurchase this product. I think I'm gonna sell it on Ebay.

on 7/19/2010 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love my facebrush! I broke out a little when I first began using it, but once I found the right combination of cleanser/toner/moisturizer it's awesome! It removes so much more makeup than I was taking off my face before and leaves my skin nice and soft. The charge lasts quite a while and its small enough to come along on weekend trips. Plus, it makes washing my face a little more fun and consistent since it is timed. Definitely recommend this to anyone who will listen!

on 7/19/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product after my sister raved about it. I was anxious about shelling out the money but now am so glad I did! My skin has never looked or felt better. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely buy again!!

on 7/18/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed. I was soooo excited when I received this as a gift, thinking that I'd get great skin by the time school started. NO. My skin is red, raw, and stings like no other. The places where its not look good, but where it is is totally painful. I've been using it for over a week. If I see better results, I'll update.

UPDATE: I stopped using this for 2 days so that the red, roughness will go away, then started again. My skin did end up soft and my pores seemed tighter, therefore I am going to step up the rating.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools