October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona(I'm NC25-30) I would probably suggest that color to people who have a little bit of a tan.
Anyways, and it gives me a beautiful glow. It's very easy to apply with my Mac 109 brush, and I would say the coverage is medium. The only issue I have is that I tend to get an oily t-zone so sometimes it makes me look a little too oily, even with powder over it. I do live in Chicago, and it gets pretty humid during summer so I think I may only use this in the winter time or less humid days. I would suggest this foundation to my friends, and if anything you owe it to yourself to get a sample at Sephora and try this foundation out! : )

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin with huge pores and I tried this because of all the rave reviews. I was matched to Syracuse which is probably the best match I have ever had (compared to MAC and Bobbi Brown)! I had the MUA put this on one side of my face and the other with the sheer matte. I walked around the mall for a few hours to see how each turned out. Both looked great but I did notice that this sank into my pores which made them more noticeable and seemed to be a tad bit shiny. The matte side looked a little more smoother and softer. It has better coverage than Bobbi Brown's Natural Finish but it doesn't have SPF or a pump :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Deliriumphenomena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this girl who recommended me my perfect shade incorrectly recommended me sycruse. It was actually my fault because I had a tan when I went to purchase it but ive been told that the shade that will match my skin tone would be either Barcelona or Stromboli. However, whilst I am tanned sycruse looks really good. I cant even feel it on my skin and it looks natural. Before using nars i tried a lot of different brands, but this product is one of the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Maripabli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could not have been more wrong about this!! A while back when I tried this foundation out for the first time I hated it! I have dry, sensitive skin and thought that for a product targeted towards a dry skin type that it was not very moisturizing at all. Well, if there are any girls here that think this, I have to say I take it back. I initially did like about this foundation that it did not break me out and now that I am trying it out for the second time I feel the same way. However, the first time I tried this, my skin care routine was different and it did not hydrate my dry skin as well as the one I use now. After reading Mario Dedivanovic s blog (Kik K makeup artist), he said something about using a very emollient moisturizer on Kim before applying foundations like the Nars Sheer Glow or MUFE HD. And that got me thinking that maybe the problem I had with the Sheer Glow was not foundation but the moisturizer I was using (clinique dramatically dif moisturizing lotion). So I bought it again in the shade Barcelona and it turns out my suspicion was correct!! It looks amazing on my skin now and does not emphasize any dryness at all. It stays looking very luminous all day long. It has a satin finish and I would say that depending on the application method you can get light-medium to medium-full coverage. All in all, I am pleasantly surprised by this and feel very bad for giving it an incredibly bad review on makeupalley the first time I tried it. If you have dry skin and found the same problem I had initially try to use a very hydrating moisturizer like the Kiehls panthenol protein one which is amazing!!! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by mochacino

With so many raves regarding this foundation on youtube and some forums, I decided to give it a try. I was matched with the colour Fiji and it was the perfect shade for me. A lot of people find that this shade is too yellow but i have yellow-toned skin so this suits me best. First of all this foundation is marketed for normal-to-dry skin. NARS does have another version of this foundation that suits normal-to-oily skin called Sheer Matte. However, some reviews said that the Sheer Mate formula is rather hard to blend compared to the Sheer Glow. The reviews also said the Sheer Glow seems to have decent oil control that makes it also suitable for slightly oily skin. I have combination-oily skin with some dried acne flakes, so i decided to try Sheer Glow.

First impression was the foundation doesn't have a pump. I prefer foundation with pump just for hygiene reason. The texture and coverage was great. It covers all my dark spots from acne very well so i don't need to put concealer on top. The texture was creamy enough so it is easy to blend. I use my MAC 187 brush to apply this foundation. I also like the glowy finish of this foundation which makes my skin looks healthy especially during the winter months. Note that i didn't put any primer prior to the application, just a normal moisturizer underneath. It lasts on me for approximately half a day before i need to blot my face. I find it best not to put powder on top of this foundation, especially if you have dried acne flakes like me. It accentuates the dried skin when you put powder with this foundation. Plus the powder will mattify the finish of this foundation which is not what I'm after. It looks more natural by itself, just like ur second skin.

Ooh, and so far I haven't experience any break-outs with this foundation. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear Deauville (NW20 for reference), which matches better than any other liquid foundation I've used. I have been using this daily for about a month now and it's really the best liquid foundation that I've used. It glides on the skin easily and it is well pigmented so I don't have to use a ton of it. I *hate* foundation that feels (and looks) caky and heavy on the skin. With this my skin really does look and feel softer with no caking at all. The only real problem that I have is that I have very oily skin and this doesn't last long on me. After a few hours I'm really just an oily mess where foundation once was. This disappoints me because I wanted this to be HG. The price tag is hefty at $42 and I like it but I don't absolutely 100% love it so I can't justify purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Another beautful foundation tht I cannot wear ): I broke out all along my jaw line, then again I have sensitive skin. Looked flawless in pictures and lasts all day. Wore it to santa cruz and it held up nicely through the heat. I'm nc 30 and I was matched with stromboli

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by hellokatekat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is easy to blend and gives a nice dewy look thats almost flawless. My two biggest problems with this foundation is the too much yellow-ness it has in it and it dries out in certain places on my skin. Five minutes into wearing it i have dried up little patches on my skin. I don't know if it's just my skin thats particularly dry in the area or what. It seems to only happen with this foundation tho.

The packaging sucks, I wish they would have put in a pump on top. Overall I gave 4 lipsticks cause of the packaging, pricing and the too much yellow tone it has. BUT, besides that, i do think it is a good quality product that gives a nice flawless look. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by JadePixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation, for me it really is sheer and glowy, it seems to get better as the day wears on and makes me skin look even yet still like my skin, not like I have a mask of makeup on, only con for me is that it sticks to dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Svanhvit

HG foundation for me. I have quite dry skin, except on my nose which is oily, and I use Mont Blanc, which is very light with pink undertones. Most foundations are too dark for me but Sheer Glow has a ton of colours, including shades especially designed for Asian skins. Coverage is medium - it gets rid of all redness but wouldn't cover a big red spot. Keeps shine away and lasts all day. My nose looks airbrushed after I use this, even though I have large pores and some blackheads, so I'm happy! Its really expensive though and doesn't come with a pump, it's just a glass bottle with a screw top - annoying.