August 1, 2014 | 1802 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Evani1129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!!!! This is the best foundation ever for me. It last all day and I love the finish. The coverage is really buildable. I've tried so many high end foundation even more expensive than this one, but none of them can compare to the NARS sheer glow. I think if you have dry skin, you should try this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well to start with I love this foundation. I use it over Moisturizer and Clairins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch and put MUFE HD powder over top and I have gotten lots of compliments on my skin and foundation and this has NEVER happened to me before! I am pale and use Mont Blanc and was surprised I didn't need the lightest shade in this which I usually do and even then sometimes in other brands it is still too dark.
My Skin: Oily and Dehydrated, larges pores and Acne Scars
I know under normal circumstances a glowy foundation should not be used for this skin type but with the powder over top it is perfect!
This has never broken me out and provides eenough coverage for my blotchy skin with just a touch of MUFE full cover concealer to cover my dark red pigmentation scars.
It's really nice that is not greasy but not drying either and feel like Nothing is on my skin which is one of the most important things for me in foundation. with the primer it lasts all day.
it's lovely unless you are looking for a Dewy foundation becaus eit isn't really dewy at all

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Sorry, this did not work for me at all. Left me jaundace and just not a color that is real skin. I received a sample in Sante Fe, with my skin having warm undertones. It gave the strangest look of being super brightening, to the face it looked awfully strange. No thanks. I want my foundation to be real, not obivious to have people wonder the color of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Inevitably, I was sucked in by all the good reviews, so I picked up a sample from Sephora. I'm an NC20 and I THINK I was matched to Deauville. The Sephora I went to was severely understaffed and the poor SA was in a hurry, and I can't read his handwriting. The chicken scratch I've been trying to decipher starts with a 'D' so I'm assuming it's Deauville.

I like the medium coverage. I need light to medium coverage to cover my old acne scars, milia, that whole shebang, and this covered really nicely. And true to its name, glowy and pretty natural looking. I dabbed this with fingers on sections of my face, then blended with my SK skunk brush. It blends really well in my experience, and the texture is light and kind of liquidy.

Too bad I started breaking out as soon as I slapped this on my face. And then the zits shrunk away into oblivion right after washing it off (which was kind of awesome and magical to witness). Never had that happen before... I might give this another go to see how my skin reacts to it again. All in all though, I really liked this foundation, and understand the raves for it. It's a lovely foundation for evening skin texture and concealing redness and mild acne, with a natural-looking finish. I definitely recommend trying a sample first though, especially if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by aurora_stone

I find it really hard to blend this foundation out. I bought it cause all the raves about it, but it emphasizes my pores and the flakiness of my skin which my mineral powder foundation doesn't. But it does last a long time and the colours are good. After a hour or so, my face doesn't look so matte and cakey as by then my natural oils have blended in with the foundation.

I think you have to use a primer with this foundation otherwise it just will accentuate all the lines/pores on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great if you like a sheer coverage, I use this with a setting powder and it is great for the summer months, and the light coverage doesn't feel too heavy on my skin and I love the finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by xleighx

I have only been using this foundation for a week, but already i really like it. It looks really natural but still gives medium buildable coverage. I received this in a swap and i'm so glad i swapped for it. I am a mac nc25 and i got the colour fiji, which is a ok match, but abit too yellow. So if anyone can reccommend another colour that would be gd :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by NIENEL

I got NARS sheer glow from my sister for my birthday. I've been wanting it for so long but didn't want to put in the money for a foundation. This foundation is my new holy grail foundation! I can't believe how amazing this foundation is. My skin looks flawless. It makes my skin look like I'm not wearing too much make-up. Though it looks light, I have full coverage. This foundation is meant for people with normal to dry skin. That's perfect because that is my skin type.

Before this foundation, I used MAC studio fix fluid in NC30. I don't think think I'll use it anytime soon because I'm so in love with NARS sheer glow. In NARS, I'm a shade Stromboli. It's a perfect match.

People oftentimes compare NARS Sheer glow to MUFE HD Foundation but I don't see the similarity. MUFE HD foundation is too sheer and doesn't give enough coverage. NARS sheer glow makes your skin look beautiful. You get a nice glow and your skin looks perfect. NARS sheer glow is buildable for a fuller coverage but you don't need too much to achieve the look.

It is easy to blend. To apply this, I use my MAC 187 duo fiber brush.

The only downside of this foundation is the fact that it doesn't have a pump. It's no big deal but it definitely makes a difference. A pump makes things less messy. NARS offers a pump on their website for $6. I don't have the pump, but I might just order it.

Since I love this foundation so much, I want to try more NARS products. NARS NARS NARS. Love.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by tiffany87

I love absolutely everything about this product except the packaging. The formula is thin and light but gives great coverage. My skin feels soft and has a dewy glow to it after application. The only bad aspect about this, is that there is no pump for the bottle. You would be literally pouring the liquid foundation out. A pump for NARS foundations is available for $6 on their website, that is on top of the $50CAD I paid for the foundation itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by mxhx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so first I have to say that I'm not the best for reviewing foundations because I haven't really tried too many.
The thing I do love about this fndn is that it looks great when i first apply it and it's quite easy to apply. I think it does a good job in evening out my skin tone and it just looks good.
But, I don't think it's too long lasting because it doesn't really control my oil too well. I don't know if it's b/c it's the summer but I don't even really have too oily of skin! I have to use mattifying powder after like 3 hours...
Also, another big important factor for fndt for me is that it has to look good in photos. It leaves a white cast on me so I'm not happy with that so I don't think I'll repurchase. I'll probably update on how this lasts on me during the winter.
The Nars SA also matched me up with a shade that's too light for me. I got punjab and it doesn't look horribly light on me in person but I can kind of notice that it's not a perfect match.
I'm actually going to try out Shu's face architect b/c i hear it's great for photos and it has a good review overall so I'll do a comparison on that.
So like I said, my 2 biggest issues is that it makes me feel oily after only a few hours and it leaves a white cast on my face in photos which i can't stand!

UPDATE AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS
i have to say that I def won't be repurchasing Sheer glow b/c it simply doesn't last too long. I compared it to my shu uemeura face architect and while sheer glow has more of a coverage, it lasts half as long. After a few hours my face feels really oily and it's like melting off my face. and my face is combo but on the dry side! i use this only when i know i'll be out for a few hours b/c i don't want to waste it but i do like it's coverage and finish.