NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/21/2011 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Recently got into this foundation kick and based on all the reviews here and on youtube i narrowed it down to the Nars Sheer glow vs MUFE HD foundation.Tried them both in sephora side by side and this one wins texture/finsh wise..applies easily, very light and buildable..covers the imperfections well..the biggest con for me is the lack of pump..gosh for the money they charge for this thing can they not put in a pump..so cheap on their part..Its really a pain in the bu$$ to put this on my hand first..i am so scared that i will drop and break the damn bottle..that is my biggest con for this product. other than its a very nice foundation. Taking one lippie of for the lack of pump.

on 1/20/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have oily skin but do not like the look of most matte foundations. It's hard for me to find the balance between "dewey" & OILY! But, this foundation is that balance for me. I am a NC15-20 in MAC & I ended up being Deauville in this Sheer Glow. I originally thought I was Fiji, but after wearing it a few times I realized it was too yellow for my slightly golden (but fair) skin. After getting a sample of Deauville I returned my Fiji because Deauville is a much better color for me.
Edit: This has become too "dewey" for me now. I much prefer the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua!

on 1/20/2011 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What a bummer, this foundation! I want to try this for soooo long and now i've done... Where's the glow?? I think it's a matte foundation, no glow seen here! I don't get the hype, very overrated.

on 1/19/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation. I will never use anything else on my face. I don't even care about the price. I am extremely fair and siberia matches me perfectly. I would describe the finish as more satin than glow. I actually dont care that it doesn't have a pump, I can control the product just fine without one.

on 1/19/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nars Sheerglow is my favorite liquid foundation. I wear the shade Mont Blanc (NW20) and it matches nicely, maybe a tiny bit too light? But I think the next shade down might be too dark.

I agree with the poster below who says the name Sheer Glow is deceptive because it actually has quite a lot of coverage. I would say medium to heavy if built up. It doesn't cake though, and looks pretty natural - the formula is great. It sits nicely on your skin, and it seems quite moisturising. I never get dry patches using this foundation.

The only negatives about it are the price (in Australia it retails for $99! I get mine online from the US) and the bottle - would be much better with a pump. That's why I give it four stars instead of the five stars the product itself actually deserves.

on 1/18/2011 2:29:00 PM

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is on the pricier side for a foundation however given the the quality of the foundation I must say that I don't regret my purchase. The name "Sheer Glow" may be a little deceiving cause it actuallly is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. I would consider this at least a medium coverage foundation. I use maybe a pea size amount to cover my whole face and it spreads out easily and evenly whether you were to use a foundation brush or your fingers.
I think compared to other creamier, thicker consistency foundations such as Estee Lauder double wear this foundation covers redness and evens out my skintone equally as well without giving a heavy "mask" feeling.
Since this foundation gives a dewy glow finish to your skin if you do not like this effect on your t-zone I would recommend dusting a little bit of powder after foundation application. From my experience MAC blot powder worked really well and you only need a little bit.
For reference, I am NC 20-25 in MAC foundations and I was color matched for "Fiji" for NARS Sheer Glow.
Also you can purchase a pump at the NARS website. It is much easier to dispense the amount of foundation you want with a pump rather than pouring it directly out of the bottle and you end up not wasting a lot of product.

on 1/17/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Disappointed by this product. Even though sheer, the foundation felt greasy and heavy on my face. I have oily skin and it made my face feel even oilier.

I am sure if your skin is not oily this would be a good option for you.

on 1/17/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Too many reviews to read. So I'm gonna get straight to the point. [i have mixed feelings towards this]

Pros:
-Didn't break me out (i have the acniest pronest skin)
UPDATE****
broke me out. don't use it anymore...i didnt even use half the product :[

on 1/17/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I was really excited to buy this foundation as I heard raving reviews from friends and family alike. When I applied this foundation however, my face (particularly my forehead) looked like a giant grease ball. I was only going for the soft glowy look. Next time, maybe I'll try the sheer matte instead. Lastly, the bottle bugs me because for the $42 you spend, they might as well provide a pump to go along with it. Oh well....

on 1/16/2011 8:03:00 AM

I'm a huge fan of NARS products but the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation was a huge disappointment. Everyone's skin is different so I'm sure the raving reviews that others have given this product were indeed deserved with how it worked for them. I've tried around 20 different foundations so far and the NARS Sheer Glow finishes last for me in terms of coverage and staying power. Many of the negative reviews on here all say the Sheer Glow is heavy, I completely disagree, the consistency is very light and fluid, in fact, it's the thinest liquid foundation I've ever tried. That's not a minus for me, where this product falls flat is its blendability and the streakiness of the final result. I've not tried every technique in applying this foundation, so if I find a winning combo, I'll do an updated review. However, I tend to feel like a good foundation should apply well with fingers. I also didn't use a makeup primer, as I like to get a feel for a foundations true staying power and appearance without support from other products.

In terms of staying-power, I felt like Sheer Glow didn't really 'sink' into my skin and just sat on top of it as a layer. Due to this, it seemed like any slight feather contact was enough to disturb the foundation and make it patchy. It's staying power for me was rather weak, despite me wearing powder on top of it and having normal to dry skin. Also, I found that this foundation emphasises ANY dryness you may have. I exfoliate my skin daily and use good moisturizers, yet Sheer Glow was apparently showing me things I didn't even know about my skin. Since foundation is supposed to make your skin look better, not worse, I was very disappointed by this product, especially given how much I love NARS products.

The one positive thing about this foundation was that the colour I purchased, Gobi, is a wonderful match for my skin. I think the Sheer Glow foundations have some of the most realistic tones available, so if they work for you, then consider yourself lucky! I'm on the fair side but have a lot of yellow in my skin, which I need to match to. On Top of that, my face has redness, so I need a foundation that is practically Crayola Crayon Yellow (ok, not quite that yellow but you get the point), and Gobi is a beautiful shade that works for my skin and balances out redness too. I have all my foundations fanned out next to eachother and all my other ones just are not as pretty, colour-wise, as the NARS one. I wish this product could have worked better for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials