November 27, 2014 | 1645 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

I bought this foundation for the first time several months ago. I tried it a several times and was not overly impressed so I put it away for a while. I pulled it out and started using it again a few weeks ago and I have really started to like it. The coverage is good when I apply it with a foundation brush. The first few times I used it, I applied with my finger tips and the coverage was a bit too sheer for me. It has a dewy finish and I do have to blot a bit during the day but nothing major. The packaging could be better but its as close to HG status I have found so far. I have fair skin and use the Light6 color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by patrixia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation and for now this is my HG! I use the color Barcelona and it was after watching youtube gurus review it that made me bought it. I have been using this for 8 months now. However, I have yet to find a way to use this during the summer season since I get all shiny and feels like it just melts on my face. Not crazy about the packaging too, it can be messy. It is a buildable foundation, I apply it using a make up wedge and doesn't dry up quickly so I don't need to rush when applying it on my face just like the way I do with my Revlon Colorstay.I have acne scars and used to break out a lot. I have very sensitive skin. Mac studio fix broke me out and for now am apprehensive trying Mac foundations. This foundation DID NOT break me out, gave me great coverage and blended well with my skin tone. I have tried a lot of foundations and so far NARS & Revlon Colorstay are the products that didnt cause my skin to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cloudaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have both sheer matte and glow because I love it so much!. Im in shade Deauville. OMG! ok let me tell you I have really bad acne on my chin area and with this foundation covers A LOT of it. Sometimes I dont even have to use my MAC select cover up concealer. It is greaaaat with the NARS powder. It last thru the whole day and its OIL FREE! which is great for acne skin like me. Goodbye MAC Helllo NARS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sterrazas

Great foundation! Its what Ive been looking for...A nice finish, great coverage, no caking. Awesome when applied with a stippling brush, thats the secret! Sigma F80 is great for this. Pump would be awesome, most foundations dont come with a pump though, and on can actually be purchased seperately for this bottle. Worth the money! NC 15/20= Fiji.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rani003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Im not too keen on this foundation but I am really trying hard to use it often and see whether my opinion changes...but no...it has not and I regret to say that I am not really a Nars Sheer Glow fan...actually tbh, im not a NARS makeup fan fullstop (***ducks and hides***).

This foundation has an amazing texture, feel and look to the skin but after a while, the foundation really starts to cake on my t-zone. I have a normal-oily t-zone but this foundation starts to look really patchy and makes my skin look really dry to the point where if someone were to look close to my face, they would think woahhhhh! lol

I have tried to use a stipling brush and a flat foundation brush and the foundation still cakes after about 4 hours. Am going to give it one last chance and use my fingers to pat it in and blend. If it works...greatttt and if it does not...o well...i gave it a go :)

Foundations normally last me about a year anyways but I will not be repurchasing this one. Also I don't like the fact that it does not have a pump so you risk spillages! Looks like i'll be sticking to my Clinique Superfit Foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by babypeach7

I love this foundation. I am a nc30 and mix Nars Punjab and Fiji, because Punjab is slightly too dark and orangey on me. It has decent staying power and gives a nice dewy glow. A little goes a long way, so watch out with how much you apply otherwise it can get cakey. I have acne scars and this covers them beautifully. Coverage can be build up.

Handy tip for people that hate the fact it comes without a pump:
I was getting really annoyed by the packaging and the amount of product I wasted, so I tried to fit the pump of my empty Make Up For Ever HD Foundation bottle on the Nars Sheer Glow bottle and it's a perfect fit! I only had to cut the small tube to match the length of the Nars bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great foundation. i really wish it came with a pump though. i just dab a bit on my face and then blend it in with a brush. i like how you can control the coverage and how much product you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by thchocolateluver07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't understand why so many people hate this, i love this foundation so much and i love how you can build it up to hide blemishes. I use the incredible powder brush from ELF, and stipple it on everywhere and i get such a perfect glow to my face it makes be look beautiful when i look in the mirror and i hate having to set it because it takes away my wonderful dewy look but i have oily skin so have to set with powder, and for those of you who have scars or blemishes try to add some extra over your first layer and let it sit for a couple seconds to let it dry up a bit then use your brush and stipple it on a bit more itll do the trick!! I just love this foundation so much, its sad people dont see what i see :(.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading great reviews on here, I decided to go with the Sheer Glow rather than the Matt Sheer Glow one (I have quite oily skin). When I first bought this, I used the Murad Mattifier with it and it seemed to look really great at first. However, after less than an hour my face looks very shiny (even with a mattifier), so that is the reason I gave it a 3.

I think the coverage is medium and it does look beautiful on people with normal to dry skin, but NOT on combination or oily. I wish my skin could cope with this product, as it feels great on and has a nice finish, but guess I am still looking for my HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is a really, really good foundation. It applies like a dream and provides moderate coverage. It does tend to cake up at the end of the day which is why I rate this 4 lippies only. I hate that it doesn't come with a pump. I paid $11 for a pump from nars website ($6+shipping) and it works. BUT the original black cap would NOT close once the pump was screwed in. So my foundation bottle looks like an open bottle on my vanity. And because of that, i cannot carry this with me when I travel. I so so wish that the original black cap will fit over the pump. It will look soo sleek on my vanity! Oh well :( The shade "Santa Fe" is the closest match to Revlon PhotoReady in "004" which is NC25-30.