April 23, 2014 | 1976 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by BJulie

So far the best foundation I have ever tried. Better than MUFE HD Foundation, IMO. Stays well on my combination/oily skin, but not with any primer underneath. I found it works best with MAC Matte or Philosophy The Present as primers, and applied with fingers instead of a brush. Looks extremely natural, has good coverage, has a satiny/velvety finish that is very flattering. I set it with my favorite powder, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and my face looks flawless for hours! Highly recommended. It's expensive, but worth every penny for the quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by hmkramer

Probably the best overall foundation I have ever used. Yes, it's expensive but it's high quality and lasts a long time. Does not irritate my skin at all, great selection of colors. You can wear it very sheer or build it up for coverage. Either way, it looks really fresh, never heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by fuctbambi

WHAT I LOVE:
-This foundation looks absolutely perfect in photography. My skin has never looked so flawless. I have also never gotten so many comments on my skin when I wear this foundation.
-I am an NC 35 in MAC, and the shade Punjab is just perfect. The NARS foundations aren't as yellow as MAC, but I find the NARS tone is better suited on my asian skin.
-I really like how this foundation dries using a MAC 130 brush, and it doesn't need to be set by a powder.

WHAT I DISLIKE:
-I have very dry cheeks, and a normal t-zone that gets fairly oily throughout the day. This foundation does not control the oil. The wear of this foundation lasts about 6 hours for me. When the 6th hour hits, my skin becomes fairly oily around my t-zone. (Without foundation, my t-zone becomes oily around 8 hours after I wake up)
-Another problem with my skin is that most foundations tend to ephasize the dryness in my cheeks. This foundation does that, unless I moisturize a lot. Also I cannot wear this everyday because for somereason if I wear this foundation over two days in a row but skin becomes excessively dry.
-I feel like the coverage is a little too heavy for everyday (good or bad, I guess)
-Upon application, it becomes tricky. The less applied, the better. But because the packaging is SO horrible, it becomes difficult to get the right amount out without wasting so much product. So if I accidently pour out too much product, I feel the need to use ALL of it because it would be such a waste if I dont since the foundation is quite expensive

OVERALL VERDICT:
-I love this foundation when the right amount is applied, like i said the less applied is better for me. I usually apply the majority on my cheeks and blend out.
-This foundation does not last long enough for my 8+ hours day at work, and also the finish it gives me makes me feel too "made-up"
-I WILL ABSOLUTELY repurchase due to the flawless look it gives in photography. I normally wear it when I go out, and I know there will be flash photography, but not my daily foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by guanacaxlatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

{PICTURES IN MY PROFILE}
.. one thing i like is that it has NO FRAGRANCE.. which is awesome!! the color matches are pretty alright, im an NC42 in MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID and i got this in SYRACUSE.. its not as yelllow as my mac, but not too noticable.. its just a tad bit off my skin tone (atm we're in winter here, soo its acceptable) perhaps in spring/summer it will match me perfectly.. the coverage is sheer to medium, but def buildable to cover scars but not as good as MAC SFF, goes on like a second skin. would probably purchase again if i can afford too, its really expensive at $99AUD..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Makeyamona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's lightweight, has great color match, easy to apply, and blends very well.
It looks great when u first apply it but my only gripe is that it pools into my pores a bit and has a dewy look mid day more on the oily side look and the price is a bit much!!
I've applied it with a stipple brush and foundation brush and both work well but I prefer the foundation brush the best. It will take off excess foundation

looks very natural in pictures

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by TellmesomethingIdk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not like this product at all.

The coverage is awful condersidering I dont have any prolem areas besides two break out scars and this product wouldnt cover it.. not many shades to choose from.. The price is a bit out there.. I like relvon over it many say its a dupe for it imo its better and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by TrishyB

I had been eyeing this foundation for awhile and finally bought it on my trip to Hawaii for $42 (usually $100 in Australia!) I went into Sephora and the SA colour matched me and the colour match was perfect! I ended up getting stromboli - medium 3. The coverage isn't very sheer, its more like the feel of a sheer foundation - its light, runny, very blendable. I think the coverage is light-medium but buildable to become full coverage. I only need the smallest amount to get light/medium coverage which is good since I only need a little amount of coverage. I've applied this with a stippling brush and my fingers, both ways work fine but for a more professional and flawless finish stippling is the best way. But I find that when I stipple it on, I can feel that I've got the foundation on, whereas when I use my fingers the feeling is less obvious (maybe from the warmth). BUT in saying thay, after a few hours, you don't feel it at all!
Like most people, the "glow" doesn't really appear until afew hours. On me its a semi-matte finish.. With a slight glow after a while which isn't shimmery, more like a natural radiance. This foundation is really bad if you've got dry skin or even dry patches, they will show up instantly! I need to put extra moisturiser now that its winter to avoid those dry patches (even though its meant for dry skin!)!
Its a good everyday foundation with no obvious smell to it. I'd be happy to buy it again but not for AU$100!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by 181718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was wanting to LOVE this product, but was such a let down. For ref I am a mac true NC30, and the colour Punjab was AMAZINGLY good on me.

I have dry skin, and this made it worse, it clung to dry patches, flaked and was super difficult to blend. Tried with 187, 190, sponge, fingers - just could not get a flawless finish. Also tried over 4 or 5 of my fav primers and none improved the result. This product also has SPF 15 which i am not a fan of, 99% of daycreams have SPF, so why add it to foundation - it just means it flashes white in photogrpahy.

The name of this foundation "sheer glow" is also somewhat misleading, for one it is not sheer coverage it is medium buildable, and I struggled to see any glow, I found it powdery and cakey - almost like a lighter coverage version of MAC SFF.

If you are looking for a dewy, glowy, medium coverage foundation that will photograph well, stay put all day, and is easy to apply this is not for you... try DIOR SKIN NUDE - it rocks, and in a way is everything I hoped the SG would be...

And to finish the bottle is crap too... this stopper is fiddly, there is no pump, and as with all NARS products, the matt finish black lid gets dirty real quick. Dior nude has a beautful silver and glass bottle with hygenic pump...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely Beautiful! HG status so far although today is the first day I've tried it. I'm NC50/C8 (NW45 summer) and matched exactly to New Guinea - Dark 1 shade. The finish is flawless, natural, and glowy - but not over the top shine or too dewey. This foundation illuminates my skin, is very lightweight and matches perfectly ( I made the mistake of going with New Orleans at first, which was too red, but exchanged for New Guinea). This makes my skin look airbrushed (use MAC 187 stipple brush) and I only used a small amount of concealer whereas with other foundations, I tend to use concealer all over to cover acne scars. Perfect amount of yellow undertone to match my skin.
Like others have stated, it would be wonderful if it came with a pump - but IMO the superb finish is worth it. Also, LESS is definitely more when it comes to this foundation. Along with the 187 brush, 1 pump is all you need.
If this lives up to its claims of evening skin tone over time, I'm sold and will buy this again and again!

EDT 1/8/2011 - Back on the Sheer Glow and found another perfect match for my winter shade - Macao as recommened by the Nars MUA when I first purchased the foundation in New Guinea. It's perfect for the nc45/50 range. Love this stuff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by locogurl907

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

No coverage after 45 minutes. extremely moisturizing soft and sheer, feels awesome like your wearing nothing then you look in the mirror and bam thats why cause it looks like your regular skin naked. the only good thing about this foundation is that it feels nice and soft and its moisturizing. if you need even just a small amount of coverage do not buy this product- its going back to sephora.