September 19, 2014 | 1020 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by hellokatekat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is easy to blend and gives a nice dewy look thats almost flawless. My two biggest problems with this foundation is the too much yellow-ness it has in it and it dries out in certain places on my skin. Five minutes into wearing it i have dried up little patches on my skin. I don't know if it's just my skin thats particularly dry in the area or what. It seems to only happen with this foundation tho.

The packaging sucks, I wish they would have put in a pump on top. Overall I gave 4 lipsticks cause of the packaging, pricing and the too much yellow tone it has. BUT, besides that, i do think it is a good quality product that gives a nice flawless look. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by JadePixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation, for me it really is sheer and glowy, it seems to get better as the day wears on and makes me skin look even yet still like my skin, not like I have a mask of makeup on, only con for me is that it sticks to dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Svanhvit

HG foundation for me. I have quite dry skin, except on my nose which is oily, and I use Mont Blanc, which is very light with pink undertones. Most foundations are too dark for me but Sheer Glow has a ton of colours, including shades especially designed for Asian skins. Coverage is medium - it gets rid of all redness but wouldn't cover a big red spot. Keeps shine away and lasts all day. My nose looks airbrushed after I use this, even though I have large pores and some blackheads, so I'm happy! Its really expensive though and doesn't come with a pump, it's just a glass bottle with a screw top - annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by fabs162

I got this foundation 3 weeks ago and I waited to review it because I made the mistake of reviewing MUFE HD foundation after one use and it ended up braking me out really bad so I took at back to sephora and exchanged it for this. And I must say I am in love!!! This is a great foundation I got in Stromboli and although it's a bit light for my skin right now i just use some bronzer and it perfect it will be great alone in the winter. Now although it is called sheer glow this foundation does not offer sheer coverage it is more of medium to full coverage and even thought it says it's a glowy foundation it dries to more of a semi matte finish and as the day goes on and the foundation blends with the oils on your face it looks more glowy but not oily, it also doesn't have any shimmer or sparkle. I have combination acne prone skin and it has not broken me out or dried out my skin like MUFE HD did and it makes my skin look beautiful and it looks like skin and not like your wearing make up. I hbe found my hg foundation!! I also don't mind not having a pump because I have better control of how much pridust I use without a pump. I apply this with a stippling brush and after it dries I set it with MUFE HD powder and it looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't believe the reviews that state this has medium-full coverage. It really doesn't.

Background info: Im medium complected and deep olive, around C40 in MAC, MUFE 153. My skin is combination (oily t-zone, normal elsewhere). I have suffered from mild/moderate acne in the past so although my skin is clear looking at the moment, I have a lot of reminders I want to conceal.

So my experiences with this. I always get matched wrong (the SA actually matched me to Cadiz first time round, yes, 4 shades too dark). Because I'm quite olive, they assume we are orange and dark. Nope! If you have olive undertones and are around NC30-NC35, try Stromboli. It's the only one in the range specifically for olive complexions. Now the colour does run a little pale, but once shaken and blended into the skin, the undertones match and it looks okay. As I'm C40, I like to deepen the colour of Stromboli by mixing it with my other skin-friendly foundation (No7 Beautifully Matte) which is a little darker, and that is my flawless face winning combination. If you're not into the whole mixing and experimenting thing, and are darker than NC35, you should try Barcelona which is deeper but less olive and ever so slightly pinker. The next ones above these (Syracuse/Tahoe) are very very warm-toned and will probably turn muddy on us olive girls.

The consistency is weird. It's very runny (it's advisable to shake the bottle before dispensing), but when you apply it to the skin it's not smooth or easy to blend. It dries up really REALLY fast on the skin, so I have to do small sections at a time. It may turn cakey if you don't blend it in quickly. Because of it's formula, it does indeed work better when applied with fingers because you can press the foundation into the skin more so the texture of the foundation somewhat softens. Despite its strange cakey texture (very similar to Sheer Matte) it provides only SHEER-MEDIUM natural looking coverage.

It definitely is sheer for me, but buildable to medium natural looking coverage. It's sheer because one layer of foundation will even out your skintone and give you a healthy look, like a tinted moisturiser with more coverage. But one layer doesn't cover my acne marks or even my freckles for that matter, my freckles still show through and they're really faint! For comparison's sake, MAC Studio Fix Fluid will completely cover my freckles without me even wanting it to. Back to NARS - If I want to build it up to medium coverage I will pat some more foundation into the skin where it needs more coverage and it will look acceptable for me at this point. Not amazing, but nice nonetheless. For me, this dries to a completely matte finish. I don't see any 'satin' sheen on the skin. It is really matte but it sits on the skin in a natural way (unlike MUFE which sat heavy/greasy), it looks and feels like second skin. I can stroke my cheeks and they feel so smooth. My skin feels like it can breathe. And the glow? I do see a subtle radiant golden glow, but that just could be my skin you know... ;)

After about 4 hours this foundation will have fully settled into the skin. As I have oily areas, I noticed this foundation can breakdown easily there. Some shine develops and and the coverage is now wearing off. If I put a tissue against my cheek, it transfers. So for me it has poor lasting power, which is really disappointing. The good 'fresh faced' look lasts between 3-4 hours before it needs touch ups. However, it lasted much longer (6hrs) over my MAC Prep+Prime SPF50 primer. Since my winning combination of mixing it with Beautifully Matte, I noticed it lasts a lot longer and I now go without oil-controlling primers, successfully.

Overall, because I like a medium-full coverage I like to mix it with a fuller coverage foundation or go over it with the Stromboli powder foundation. I think this is the perfect foundation for someone who has normal skin and who doesn't need much coverage. However, if you're willing to make to make this foundation work for you the results can be gorgeous. I do notice that my skin comes out glowy and flawless in pics, and my bottle is nearly empty so I will be repurchasing.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ecstacyfeind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so if your looking for a foundation that feels light on your skin but will give you a gorgeous finish this is the foundation for you. its fucking expensive but for some reason i bought it anyways cus i was looking for a good foundation. i tried the color stromboli which is a PERFECT match for my skin. i usually wear nc35 in mac, and medium beige in revlon photoready. i like to apply this with my fingers because i like a really natural finish, but for those days when i look like fucking shit and need more coverage i use a mac 187 brush or a small flat buffer brush sephora(#43) and it gives me crazy good yet natural coverage. i do have oily skin and this doesnt make me any more oily, but i do use milk of magnesia which mattifies my skin like no other.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using this for a while, and I do love the finish it gives my skin for the first hour or two, but its greasy and does not last. Actually, what does last sits on the skin and tends to settle in fine lines. This also oxidizes on my face leaving me really yellow by the fourth hour. If this foundation did not work out for you, try Shu Uemera's Architect foundation. It does everything the NARS does not do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by janette9687

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't big on foundations i only started wearing them about a year ago. My skin isnt very problematic (Thank God!) but i have dry skin and i get a pimple here and there. I started off with Bare Minerals to find this was too drying.

I got a sample of this at Sephora because I was looking for a foundation on my wedding day for nice pictures. I read good reviews on NARS and MUFE HD for photographs. The SA tried both on me one on each side. MUFE #128 and NARS Barcelona. I'm a NC40 in MAC foundation and have yellow olive undertones. With that said as much as i wanted to love MUFE HD the color made me look dark and ashy. I wore Barcelona on my wedding pictures turned out beautiful very natural finish but the color wasn't just right for me to go and purchase the full bottle.

It was only until i looked up reviews that i found Lisasz09 review about how you have to go and try on the colors because you might think one will be your color but try one shade lighter. I went back to Sephora and tried Sheer Glow in Stromboli and holy crap this is LOVE. HG. Finish is dewy, its not exactly sheer coverage but its about medium. It evens out my skin, improves the texture making my skin look very soft. The consistency isnt very runny and blends beautifully. I apply it with the Beauty Blender or MAC130 or 109 and the finish is always flawless. The price tag is outrageous though! $42 for a 1 oz bottle and then you still have to pay for a $6 pump. Its still good because a little goes a long way. I use less then a full pump. Pump is great i highly recommend purchasing because you waste so much product without it and it locks too :)

Before purchasing my NARS SG I went to try MAC foundations for a cheaper alternative and to my disappointment they broke me out. Possible alternatives I tried: Mineralize Satinfinish and the finish was just to shiny. Then i tried MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF now this is a very close match for the finish to NARS sheer glow gave me and about $12 cheaper but it broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It is everything you could ever want. There's nothing more to say. It provides a medium coverage with a natural finish. Despite it's name I wouldn't call it sheer or glowy. It just makes your skin look perfect. And it LASTS! I've never had a foundation last this long. Maybe Revlon Colorstay but that's a cakey mess. This is a pretty natural finish, but not as natural as Temptu. You do look like you have makeup on, but in a good way. I've yet to try MUFE HD, but it's next on my list. After that I think I'm done.
For reference the Neutragena Healthy Skin is similar, but not nearly as nice. It looks less natural and doesn't last nearly as long on my oily skin. I usually wear that during the week as it's cheaper and still nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Melinalove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Easy to apply, and looks very good on my skin. But seriously lasts me 10 minutes and then my whole makeup is off! Even when I apply powered. This is NOT for oily skin! I gave it to my sister and she has very dry skin, and it looks great on her. I'm going to try the sheer matte soon to see if it works on my oily skin.