July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by OliviaMakeupChannel

I HATE THIS PRODUCT! It was all the rage on youtube, so, as a youtuber myself...I "had" to have it. When I ran out of my blistex I was finally able to find it at a rite aid by school. I was so excited! I used it almost immediately, even though it took me like 2 minutes to open it....I think it smells okay...I don't have a huge problem with it...but.
1. It is SUPER waxy and sticky. it doesn't go on that smoothly...
2.It made my lips drier? All i know is that I had flakes in my lip balm that would come off while I was applying/after
3....this is the big one. IT BROKE OUT MY LIPS! on and around my lips. WTF?!!?!? I didn't even know that was possible.

So basically I paid like 4 bucks to hate it. Never buying an EOS product again. Went back to blistex ASAP! I'd give this 0 Lipsticks if I could.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lisa6661

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought because of all the good reviews. I love the scent. The packaging makes it intriguing to buy, which is another reason I did. The actual product now, not so good. The texture is really thin and feels oily. Grossest feeling on the lips ever. I can feel every single line on my lips that this stuff accentuates. It feels like this stuff is going to make your lips dry when it wears off but it doesn't, but neither does it moisturize. The taste is kind of a bitter perfumey taste to it also. This stuff is all looks and scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first eos sphere balm I tried out, got mine from CVS for about $4. I was really intrigued by the shape when I saw Michelle Phan using it in one of her videos. My current HG lip balm is Lypsyl and was out so I decided to go with something new. While some find the shape odd, I really like it. It applies smooth, doesn't taste weird and has a yummy scent (I'm a fruit lover). It doesn't last as long as Lypsyl, but since I enjoy the smooth feeling it gives my lips I don't mind reapplying. It also doesn't give an irritating feeling when I have some fly away dry patches on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by walkfashionbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product. It helped my chapped lips return to normal. The smell is fantastic. The packaging is cute as hell and I'm a sucker for cute packaging. I'd definitely repurchase (actually, I already bought a bunch of backups during Walgreens' sale).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

WHY is this stuff rated so highly?

Yes, it has a cute shape, is USDA organic, and smells good, however those are the only positive things. This stuff is WAXY. It only feels smooth on my lips for a short time and most times I can't even tell if it's on my lips because it's doesn't want to rub off when putting it on. But use too much and then you'll feel it in a bad way. And I wouldn't even say it's moisturizing. It has no shine, no color, no taste, no scent (it's there but so subtle I could see it almost being unscented), and along with being not that moisturizing, what exactly does it do? I know it has good ingredients but I don't see them in action. Plus I swear it "enhances" the look of cracks.

And the packaging is a complete case of form over function. Because it's so big, it looks weird if left in your pocket, yet because the formula is so waxy, I would like to keep it in my pocket throughout the day so heats up a little and is easier to apply. Yet going back to it's big size, it doesn't heat up even if you do that.

Circular shaped balm also isn't suited for lips. It doesn't contour or fit their shape and is a bit awkward. It actually feels like the thing is gonna break off or is moving around as I use it and the shape encourages using more as well.

There's a reason why stick and tube form is dominant. Maybe I will try the stick one or other flavors, but I'm not expecting anything.

[August 13, 2011 update]: It works AMAZING on nails. I bite and pick at my nails and the skin around them, bad habit I never really grew out of. It really works well for making them look better. But I'm still giving it 1 since I already had something for that. Also when you get the bottom, it is a bit hard to undo the packaging so you can get the rest out... but there is a TON left so do it.

15 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

I saw this cute little thing a few times before on some YT videos but didn't know where to get it. Yesterday I was at my local Walmart, saw this and knew I had to get it. It's so cute!!! The packaging is just amazing, easy to open. It looks like an egg to me which I really like :)
I don't know why some people don't like the smell. I love it. The balm is just so moisturizing, making my lips so smooth. I could not stop putting it on.
I totally recommend this to everyone. It's just so different. Time for a change from those regular boring looking chapsticks right?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LauraEccles

I bought this yesterday from ebay as i had seen lots of reviews on youtube. First of all the packaging is so unique and really nice. It is made of plastic but has a rubbery touch to it. On the top and bottom of the balm the logo eos is engraved. When you first open the lip balm and apply it, it can be a little hard but once you start rubbing it onto your lips, it soon loosens up. The texture of it is just right, not to soft but not too hard. Once on your lips it is very light yet noticeable. When you rub your lips together whilst this is on you feel the smoothness of this lip balm. It is probably one of the most moisturising lip balm i have ever tried! It really is fantastic! Also i was slightly worried that the scent would be very overpowering but it is not strong at all. Just a light fruity scent. Overall i think this product is definitely worth checking out as i think it is worth the money and everything about it is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Pizoobie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this based on a number of youtube reviews, and I really like it! It doesn't seem to be very moisturizing when you first put it on, but within a couple of minutes, you'll notice your lips feeling much softer and less flaky. I've tried many other lip treatment products such as chapsticks by Softlips, vaseline, and C.O. Bigelow mentha lip tints (which are decent too, but not quite as moisturizing as this). Summer Fruit smells and tastes great (like real peaches, not the artificial fruity scent that a lot of other lip balms have) and the packaging is really cute and high quality. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lollsaraa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this product, I thought it was cute and I had to try it out. At first I was pleasantly surprised. It was moisturizing and smelled nice too. But, as I used the product and it got smaller in size, the texture wasn't smooth and continued to get worse. I could not handle that feeling, it was gross. I won't purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by melyssab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is my least favorite because it's called summer fruit but it's more like just grapefruit. And I'm not a fan of grapefruit. Still cute though. :) **Beware when you buy these, OPEN as soon as you purchase because the balm might be broken in half within the container!! If you did get a broken one just go back in the store, they'll exchange it -no fuss! ;)