August 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the below reviewer who said that the packaging is the highlight of this product. It is definitely what made me buy it. I thought summer fruit would be a good one, but the smell doesn't really appeal to me. As a chapstick it is nothing special, it is actually below average I'd say (not as good as Burt's Bees or chapstick brand chackstick). Would not repurchase. Don't even want to keep such a mediocre chapstick as I have plenty anyway, but I'm still hesitant to throw it away just because it looks so cute. Great marketing, EOS! :)
EDIT: i returned it. I don't care how cute the packaging is, the last thing I need is an underperforming circle of chapsticl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ferrets

I love this!!! it is super moisturizing and lasts. i also love the taste. I definitly recommend buying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I LOVE this packaging!!! unfortunately that's where the loving stops. I got this in Summer fruit and Honeydew Honeysuckle. Maybe i got a bad one, but i found this smelled more like play doh than anything. Didn't really moisturize and had a sweet taste (i'm not a fan of sweet tasting balms) It was gross... I tossed it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I truly do love these little chapstick balls. I've had sweet mint in the past, now I am using summer fruit, and I hope to try the honeydew one. Not only are they adorable, but they smell and taste delicious, they don't contain any weird chemicals (they are 100% natural and 95% organic), and most importantly they do their job- they keep my lips soft and smooth. I don't understand all of the negative reviews because I really feel these are some of the best lip balms on the market.. I don't know of any other lip balm that has all of these benefits at only $3.50. Every body needs to try these!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ohitsemilee

My friend have this and she has the red one. so i went to walgreens with my mom and it was quite cheap, you can get two for six but if you didn't want two of them you can get it for $3. I got the red and the green, and they make my lips so moisterizing. I have chapped lips during the winter and the spring, and i've been using this product like crazy. I would deffinatly buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The actual balm of this product is delicious (both literally and figuratively)! The scent is a little more than subtle refreshing fruit fragrance, not overwhelming at all. It doesn't taste like waxy lip balm but instead has a little sweet flavor. I was surprised at how long lasting it is. I put it on during a bus ride and woke up a couple hours later and it was still very there.

The egg shape is a novelty and a nice cute concept; I also like how the oversized semi-sphere balm applies well to your lips with just a swipe. If you keep your mouth closed, one swipe across your lips can go over both lips! Very efficient haha.

My only complaint is that when you try to put the lid on, you have to be careful to not get the product on the sides of the container since there is a specific angle you have to twist the lid back on.

I'd give this a 4.5 if I could just because of this, but otherwise, nice product to have handy! Beware of an addiction! I'm starting to reach for ita little too often..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCK! My lips are super capped and dry! Very waxy...throwing it out asap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this summer fruit one and the vanilla one that comes in a standard chapstick shape, and like the latter MUCH better. The sphere one IS indeed very waxy and you have to keep applying it because it dries out your lips. The packaging is SOOOOOO ridiculously annoying and infuriating that I'm actually not even touch on that part because it would be entirely too long. The vanilla one, on the other hand is super convenient, super glossy and soft, makes your lips soft, smells/tastes wondeful- the catch? Impossible to find!!!! I've only been able to find it once... and keep searching for it.. but...never ever again *sigh*... I'm sure you can get it online, but who the hell wants to purchase a chapstick online when there is like a plethera of other ones in the store? Idk.. won't repurchase the sphere, haven't even used up the one I have. Thumbs-down on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by OliviaMakeupChannel

I HATE THIS PRODUCT! It was all the rage on youtube, so, as a youtuber myself...I "had" to have it. When I ran out of my blistex I was finally able to find it at a rite aid by school. I was so excited! I used it almost immediately, even though it took me like 2 minutes to open it....I think it smells okay...I don't have a huge problem with it...but.
1. It is SUPER waxy and sticky. it doesn't go on that smoothly...
2.It made my lips drier? All i know is that I had flakes in my lip balm that would come off while I was applying/after
3....this is the big one. IT BROKE OUT MY LIPS! on and around my lips. WTF?!!?!? I didn't even know that was possible.

So basically I paid like 4 bucks to hate it. Never buying an EOS product again. Went back to blistex ASAP! I'd give this 0 Lipsticks if I could.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lisa6661

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought because of all the good reviews. I love the scent. The packaging makes it intriguing to buy, which is another reason I did. The actual product now, not so good. The texture is really thin and feels oily. Grossest feeling on the lips ever. I can feel every single line on my lips that this stuff accentuates. It feels like this stuff is going to make your lips dry when it wears off but it doesn't, but neither does it moisturize. The taste is kind of a bitter perfumey taste to it also. This stuff is all looks and scent.