Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 5/29/2003 4:52:00 PM

This would be a great gloss except for two things:

1) It is so sticky that dust, hair, and other debris will instantaneoulsy be caught up in it like a mosquito in a fly trap.

2) The smell is so sickly sweet that strangers will demand to know what that candy smell is. To which you will have to repy "um, it's my lipgloss." This can hamper your credibility in business situations. Honestly, when will Lancome realize that women don't all want to smell like a human jollyrancher.

on 5/23/2003 10:52:00 AM

I have this in fresh, which is a nice raspberry flavour. It's almost like Caboodles Fruitopian, which feels sticky (but it lasts longer than usual lip glosses! unless u wipe it off). The taste is very subtle, not overwhelming like Bonne Bell. In fact, the flavour become less strong after a while! There's not much colour, but it must go on top of lipstick in order to have a better effect. Because my lips are pretty dark already, I just layer it on. This belongs to the new summer range, so it should go with the bronze, tanned, healthy look. Just make sure it isn't the only thing u wear on ur face! I would be likely to buy again but maybe in another shade! continued >>

on 5/22/2003 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are beautiful, shiny lipglosses that last for a while on your lips. Lancome does make a handful of great pigmented colors, like Sun Bronze, Beach Plum, Shimmer, etc that you should definitely check out! I have 7-8 of these, and they are all very high quality in beautiful packaging. Give Juicy Tubes a try at your nearest Lancome counter, and I'm sure you'll find a color you'll love!

on 5/22/2003 8:57:00 AM

Great product! Nice Shine, Long lasting lip gloss. I have it in Fraise which gave me a bit of colour and my lips looks more pouty. Price is a bit expensive,and in Australia you dont have enough choices of colours. What a pity, I really would like to have the Dreamsicle one.

on 5/21/2003 2:50:00 PM

I adore these! I have about 8 of them. They are sheer, but most have glitter. I do have the strawberry glaze one which I don't like as much as the sheer ones. They stay on longer than anything else, I can put it on before bed and it's still on in the morning. Even my SO has started using these when I am not looking. Currently using these ones: cerise, lemon aid, violette, fizz, blueberry blast, orange. Have one in my car, one on my desk, in my purse, with my makeup, in my nightstand. LOVE THESE!

on 5/17/2003 1:50:00 AM

Juicy Tube in Sun Bronze!!!!
Good Lord - Holy Grail Item! Love it Love it Love it! Stays put...doesn't feel tacky, sticky or gross on my lips. Have had a billion comments on how glossy and great the color is. Hopefully they never discontinue this color...looks great on with a tanned face!

on 5/14/2003 11:03:00 PM

The finish is not SO bad, but I don't understand why they even bother making so many different colors. They all pretty much look the same on the lips, especially if you use them over another lip color. MUCH better than the Lancome 'lip brio' that runs down your chin and looks all goopy. Frankly, I wouldn't waste my time or money on Juicy Tubes.

on 5/11/2003 9:16:00 AM

While the colors are very pretty, and the wet-look is appealing, I don't think I'd repurchase these again. They are quite expensive for a gloss, most are very sheer, and the grapeseed/plasticy scent is something I can't stand- I swapped away Miracle, a sheery shimmery pink because I could smell it even on my lips, and the scent didn't fade. I recommend checking out Loreal's Colourjuices, which are the same (I mean, they're both owned by the same people I believe) in texture but not in scent. I bought Pink Potion, which is limited, but a dead ringer for Miracle. And, the difference in prices was $10.

on 5/7/2003 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in "Spring Fling" in a gift basket from Lancome. It's the first of Lancome's JT's that I am trying and I have to say, having read all the positive reviews I had higher expectations. It's a really nice lip gloss and has good shine and nice staying power without being as sticky and tacky as MAC's glosses but it's pretty average considering the price tag. I don't know, Lip gloss is one area of make-up where my experience tells me to either not splurge, or just splurge on a good clear gloss (like MAC's clear lip glass which I have had for years now) and use it with whatever shade of lipstick you want to create your own customized lipgloss. I probably won't purchase this gloss if I run out. Also, I find the smell of it too be kind of too sweet and Kool-Aidy for my taste.

on 5/6/2003 11:07:00 AM

I am obsessed with Lancome juicy tubes, even though many of them are quite sheer. They smell good, have long lasting power, and make my lips look really wet and pouty, which my small lips need. I really suggest these for those looking for something to plump up their lips or just make them look alluring :P
I took off a lipstick b/c they are quite expensive and not all of them are pigmented. My favorite colors so far are hallucination, simmer, and miracle.

Popular Lip Glosses