Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. I bought Hope in a Jar with SPF for the summertime, thinking that it would be a great day time moisturizer. Why did I ever think that? First off, this stuff smells so chemically.(sorry if that's not a word) Seriously, it does NOT smell like this stuff should be anywhere near someone's face, let alone on the skin. Well, I gave in and tried it out. It's such a weird consistency. It sort of feels like wet meringue (like on the underside of a pie). Well, let me just say that it did NOT do what I wanted it to do. I started breaking out with like one zit a week. (which honestly had never happened to me before) Now that I've stopped, my skin is clearing up and looking really nice again. This stuff must be for the driest of dry skinned people, because my normal skin was just too bogged down by this stuff. I will NOT be purchasing this again, and I thankfully will NOT miss smelling this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hope in a Jar is the perfect moisturizer for my dry skin. It is so lightweight but really gives my skin the moisture it needs. It never feels greasy and it just sinks right into my skin. Some don't like the smell but to me it just smells clean. I don't like having to put my finger in the jar to apply it and I really wish it was in a squeeze tube to keep it sanitary but I love it so much I will never stop using it and I have used it for many years now.

My skin and I have a fairly decent relationship. Pimples tend to be few and far between, but they leave scars whether they're picked at or not. My t-zone is oily and I'm prone to small blackheads on my nose, but they aren't really noticeable. Overall I would say I have good skin.

But once I started college my face broke out like crazy. I changed cleansers, pimple treatments, and makeup to no avail. I even stopped wearing make up altogether thinking it was clogging my pores, but my skin still did not improve. Finally, I stopped using Hope in a Jar and after a couple of weeks my skin cleared up. Now it's back to its original condition (plus some new scars from those awful few months). I didn't think of the moisturizer first since I was on my second jar, and the first one gave me no problems... odd.

I guess Hope in a Jar was way too thick for my skin... it clogged my pores and caused me to break out like never before. I don't know if my second tub of it was a bad batch, the first one acted like any other normal moisturizer, but I'm not taking my chances.

Unlike many of the other girls here I had the best experience with this product! I found it absorbed into my skin easily and made my usually dry and bumpy skin very smooth and it just makes me glow after applying it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this moisturizer, but I find it is too heavy for during the summer. I have oily and very acne prone skin, and this makes me break out this time of year. During the winter, I absolutely love it. It gives my skin a nice (and noticable) rosy glow. It doesn't irritate my skin even though I use it with acne products. The smell is a little "earthy" but I actually like it and have come to realize that natural products often smell more herbal than floral.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

It took me 5! months to get my skin back to the state it was before i tried out this product. It seemed like this moisturizer just stayed on top of my skin, dried it out really bad, and my acne came back after 2 years. im assuming it was because of this product.
Thank god it was a christmas present from my mother in law, didnt have to waste any money, but it was a pain to get my skin to look and be normal again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG of moisturizers! It makes my skin look healthy and I've gotten lots of compliments on my complexion since I've been using it. However, I don't used it when my skin gets extra oily and acne prone around 'that time of the month'. I use an oil free moisturizer to substitute.
Hope In a Jar is one of those products that you can use too much of. A little dab goes a long way!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

it seems to me like Hope in a Jar is very hit or miss, all depending on who's using it. I am extremely acne-prone and oily, though I get dry spots during the winter. I've only gotten to use Hope in a Jar over the past few summer months, but I have to say that I would only use it during the summer anyway. it soaks right into the skin, and it seems impossible to over-moisturize with the stuff. this is why I would only use Hope in a Jar in summer, because it moisturizes but keeps my skin from getting greasy so makeup doesn't melt off, but in winter it would be too dry. it did not aggravate acne; in fact, during my periods(when my acne gets its worst), my acne seemed a lot calmer. I currently am using Hope in a Jar in the morning until it gets cold outside, and a cheaper, thicker moisturizer at night. I'm trying to be stingy with it since it's so pricey! I'd love to recommend this to everyone, but really you won't know if it works for you until you try it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

heard so much about this and was disappointed to be honest. Firstly the smell was awful hard to describe the smell but it doesnt smell nice!my boyfriend even said somethin about the smell. At first I thought it was just mine but no thats the smell! Secondly its not as moisturizin as it claims to be. It did give me skin a nice appearance but for the price i paid for it i expected better!!!

I heard a lot of really great things about this, and I'm always up for trying new skin products so I thought I'd give it a try. I bought a small "sample-sized" jar from Sephora and that alone was $15. The smell took some getting used to...I can't even describe it. The texture was a whip, which I thought would be great. Unfortunately it left my skin with a tacky feeling that took about an hour to go away. The smell stuck sround for a long time too, which bothered me. I didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be. I won't be buying it again.