October 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ashleyc92

im one of the few it seems to like this product, i thought it really did gave amazing length! This is a mascara you do not want to put multiple layers with because it tends to clump alot. The formula smells awful and is extremely thick and you cannot avoid rubbing the excess off on the side or you will get goop all over your eyes. I like the wand but it does tend to get too much formula on the tip. It does not give "volume" at all so if your lashes are thin i doubt this is for you but if you need a little length or want to open up your eyes then i would reccomend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by camillesayssss

BAD BAD BAD product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE! i can't believe Maybelline would actually put their name on this garbage. i am a true mascara queen and try to get my hands on as many new versions as my wallet allows so i've tried a lot of good ones and a lot of really, really bad ones but Stiletto Lash goes down in Mascara Horror History. the marketing and packaging is adorable and very enticing and the promise of super long, SHINY lashes sounded fantastic to me so i eagerly purchased a tube. turns out that instead of formulating a decent mascara, Maybelline decided to package road tar and call it a day! the actual product is THICK, STICKY, CLUMPY and matte-as-matte-can-be. there is no shine here! i was literally disgusted when trying to apply this mascara, which clumped and fused my lashes together, killed my curl like it was mascara's very own Freddy Krueger and ended up sitting thickly and wetly atop my (now straightened) lashes. it really is shockingly bad! if you're contemplating purchasing this mascara because the marketing suckered you in and you (like myself) could never afford the real Louboutins the packaging is subliminally causing your brain to lust over then i hope you will consider these two facts: 1. the models in ALL Maybelline mascara commercials and print ads wear INSANELY unnatural false lashes, which i think should be illegal as how can you advertise a mascara when your model isn't even wearing it?!?! it'd be like advertising a hair product on a model who was wearing a wig and 2. Make Up Alley's ratings are never THAT far off-- check out how many people dislike this mascara enough that they'd never purchase it again! if you're set on buying your mascara from Maybelline because of brand loyalty, i'd suggest their Colossal Lash, it really is a great mascara for a decent price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by superser

I can't get past the smell. I can smell it the WHOLE day.
It makes my eyelashes look like stilettos.... straight as a rod.
It might be because it wasn't waterproof. My lashes don't do well with non-waterproof mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow..this is no better than Great Lash in my opinion. Did nothing for length, just basically 'painted' my lashes black. Save your money ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kristenleigh3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. This mascara is amazing. While I am confused by the amount of negative reviews, I am also seeing a pattern in them. The majority of the positive reviews seem to be coming from ladies with naturally long (and maybe thin?) lashes, and my lashes also fit that description. Maybe this mascara is good for accentuating naturally long lashes (rather than creating long lashes)? All I can say is the length I get from this stuff is unbelieveable. I receive at least one compliment/comment about my long lashes every single time I use this. The look this mascara creates for me can only be described as "dramatic." I agree with other reviewers that I have no clue what "glossy finish" they are talking about in the ads, I get nothing like that from this product...but I don't really care about that so I didn't take off a lippie. This product also does nothing as far as volume, but if you're looking for length this stuff is definitely worth a try. I found this at Rite Aid discounted 40% off (I ended up paying about 5 bucks) and it seems to be this price at all Rite Aids I've been to lately, so I would suggest picking it up there if you want to try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by nickjlover07

I bought this mascara thinking that I would love it. WRONG! I hate this mascara. I tried many many times to try to make it work for me. I just can't. The only thing it does for me is make my lashes look black (a really dull black, but black) and add a tiny bit of length. Other than that it just clumps my lashes together and makes it look like i have only 7 lashes. It also smells terrible, in my opinion. Now my sister loved the smell but i hated it. It's a really strong rose smell that i can smell the entire time that I am wearing it. I do not reccomend this product at all. A waste of $8. Now what am i supposed to do with a full tube of crappy mascara?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the length my short top lashes gets from this mascara, but it tends to clump and smudge on me. I typically now only use this for dramatic night looks, because it is too clumpy for everyday wear. It does add some length, but the length just doesn't overcome the huge amount of clumpiness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara because of its lovely stiletto-like packaging. Gotta say Maybelline is good at making eye catching mascara tubes! I also liked the wand. The mascara gave me length like promised, but it also gave me clumps and flakes. It didn't hold a curl at all. When I applied this, it automatically uncurled my lashes :( The one major thing that I HATED about this mascara is the stinging! After a couple of hours I felt a lot of discomfort with my eyes. I'm a contact wearer and have drops handy, but it didn't help. When the mascara flakes enter my eyes it caused a really bad irritation, making my eyes look blood shot! I was only able to use this for about a week till I finally realized that the flakes were the one causing the irritation. I always find mascara flakes in my eyes with other brands of mascara, but this is the only one that stung my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by MichelleMorphine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lash Stiletto definitely extends and lifts the lashes... but doesn't make them full. It clumps lashes together so that it looks like you only have 10 lashes. LOL. I might consider...*buying*... it again.