Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 4/2/2006 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Was typical and so-so on me. Resisted smudging ok, but not at all spectacular. I would point to Helena Rubinstein or YSL if you were looking for what Definicils could achieve...

I got this as a free sample from their .com site when I ordered Tient Idole foundation (like that too!). I really like this mascara. I barely have any lashes at all and after two coats, my lashes look great. No, it doesn't thicken and it doesn't curl but if you need lengthening, this is it. I usually use waterproof as most regular mascara flakes or melts away on my oily eyelids but this stuff has lasted all day and looks like I just applied it. When the sample is gone, I'll buy a full size.

UPDATE: Looked great but once the weather turned warmer, it's started to flake and smear. I'll save this for winter and switch to the waterproof.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm almost neutral feeling about this, because I got it as a free gift. I was very excited to try it, and it did make it seem like my lashes were a bit longer, but that could just be my brain telling me to think that because it's an expensive item. I'm not really crazy about the wand, because I prefer very big furry wands, and this wasn't it. I don't think I'll repurchase just for the fact that it's a little too pricey for me.

This is the best mascara I've tried for achieving a dramatic, eye catching result. I've gotten so many compliments on my eyes while wearing Definicils, and it leaves drugstore mascaras in the dust. I don't understand why its rating isn't higher here, but I guess if you don't take your time with application you won't be amazed with the results. (is there really any miracle one coat mascara out there? Come on, application is everything!) I usually curl my lashes and apply 3 careful coats of this stuff. Too bad it costs so much!

on 3/23/2006 11:33:00 PM

I tell myself not to buy into hype, but then I can't help myself. My most recent mistake was buying this and bare minerals (yuck) from Sephora, fortunately I can send them back. This mascara took several coats to show up and later got into my eyes a little, making them sting. To be fair, my lashes are pretty sparse, so I probably should have went with a thickening formula. Still, I can't see the worth of this expensive product.

on 3/20/2006 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

For spidery lashes and undereye shadow, use this.

on 3/17/2006 10:17:00 PM

I have no idea what all the rave is about. This mascara does NOT lengthen and you have to apply it 5-8 times before it even looks like you have anything on. It is heavy and clumpy as hell, I looked like a Tarantula landed on my eyes!!!

I have tried a lot of mascaras and this is the best one that i have found.
I use it in the black. It lengthens and does not clump or flake off. It is a little pricey but worth it. My only complaint is that it dries out quickly.

This is the best lengthening mascara in the whole world.Period.

on 3/14/2006 7:13:00 PM

I used to use this awhile back, but only because I didn't know any better. I like how it looks on my bottom lashes (after I brush through them with an eyebrow brush), but for the top lashes, it really clumps and leaves globs where I have to brush them out, and then they don't even look nice anymore. I have two GWP sample tubes of this that I'll use up for now, but I would definitely not purchase on my own. I will say that it does lengthen my lashes nicely, but at the cost of clumps and globs. There are other, better mascaras out there that will lengthen without globbing all over the place. Especially at THIS price.