Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

For a mid-end product, I didn't really expect a lot from Clinique (this is the first Clinique mascara I've tried) but the colour was amazing! Nice, rich, true black, so YAY! The SA was hyping up it's lengthening qualities so I think she was a bit confused, as this mascara seems to be all about volume and colour, and not big on length.

Whatever, it is a very nice, black mascara that would be ideal for women with plenty of length but who need a little bit more 'puff' in their lashes. I need lots of 'puff' in mine and this ended up clumping way before I got volume. For reference~ I used 6 coats of this (working my way up over time) to give me the same volume I get from Volume extension beauty tubes in 1 coat.

on 8/4/2008 11:34:00 PM

Clinique High Impact Mascara ended up working for me. I went through a few mascaras, and I think this was the best one. It gives my lashes volume, which is something I always need. The brush isn't too big for my eyes (as I found with DiorShow Mascara). The price of High Impact is fairly reasonable, too.

on 7/31/2008 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara!!! I've tried several other Clinique mascaras but I always come back to this one. I have short, pale lashes, and this makes my lashes look long, thick and fabulous! Another bonus, it doesn't flake. I feel like my face is naked when I don't wear this product. It really makes my eyes pop! Love it!

on 7/28/2008 4:44:00 PM

I love this mascara! Sure, if you have naturally small or straight lashes it won't turn them into amazing ones. However, I naturally have curled and long eyelashes and they are light in color. This really helps me bring out my natural lashes and it doesn't clumb or smear!

on 7/28/2008 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

A really good mascara-one of those that are worth the extra cash ( as compared to the drugstore ones). It thickens, lengthens and defines decently and does not clump. Two coats give a really enhanced look. I would repurchase if I did not like high definition mascara best.

packaging: nothing special
curling: does crap (i have straight lashes)
lengthining: i like, pretty good
thickening: already have thick lashes, does little a bit more sultry
color: good black color pay off
clumping: never clumps

i don't like this because it doesn't curl my lashes. i have yet to find a mascara that curl my lashes, my straight lashes are so stubborn. every mascara i have ever tried never curled my lashes. i always have to wait for it to dry then curl my lashes for like a minute each before they are curled. very annoying, lash curlers dont even work if i use it before mascara! good enough to finish up but i NEED a mascara that curls my lashes!!!

on 7/23/2008 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

High Impact performed nicely for me & I would repurchase. My lashes are naturally curly but my eyes are sensitive so I prefer that my mascara does not irritate my eyes or clump & this one met the bill!

on 7/23/2008 11:19:00 AM

As others mentioned, this mascara is very black and does add some volume, but it barely holds a curl and weighed down my short Asian lashes, even when used with my Shiseido primer. I used a sample daily for almost 2 weeks while on vacation (so I had no other choice) and definitely will not be purchasing this.

on 7/22/2008 4:28:00 PM

My favourite mascara ever! I've got really thin scarce lashes, you can hardly see them without mascara on. With High Impact there's no doubt i do have lashes :) They're thicker and longer and well separated, plus the mascara doesn't clump or smudge. And it's not even expensive!

EDIT: I've found an even better mascara so i'm taking off one lippie to give my new favourite the highest rating :)

love this mascara! can't say its HG yet because i haven't tried many mascara's. but it definitely beats plushlash in my books. i have short straight asian lashes. and the way i use this is i coat them without curling. then i curl with a heated lash curler and then i use the blob of mascara at the tip of the wand to coat my lashes again and my lashes end up being very long and very thick. price is okay $18CDN

Popular Mascaras