Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 7/9/2008 12:09:00 PM

I actually like this mascara for some of the same reasons other people hate it. I like that it isn't dramatic and just a sweep or two and my lashes are darker and more noticeable. I have been wearing it this summer and like that is a more natural effect for every day running around. I have other mascaras I use for going out or for when I want more of an effect but I really like this and haven't experienced the flakiness others have mentioned.

on 7/6/2008 3:03:00 AM

I got the sample of this, and i didn't have any expectations for cliniques mascara, cos i like their skincare and never had any thouht about their makeup line. but this gives the PERFECT shape(: like v shapes :D!<3 it doens't curl itself tho, unless yu use a eyelash curler haha :]<3

on 7/3/2008 9:59:00 PM

Pros: very black, lengthens well, does not clump, smudge or irritate, washes off easily.
Cons: barely thickens, not dramatic at all.

on 7/3/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite Clinique mascara. I use this in black, and it gives a very nice "dramatic" effect. This product doesn't smudge on me, and i've worn it through some crying episodes and it hasn't ran either. The only complaint I have is that my lashes lose some curl rather quickly, but in comparison to other mascaras i've tried, this one is still the best overall.

on 7/3/2008 11:46:00 AM

this mascera is really good i got it in black and its great for smokey eyes it give a sexy dark volume to your lashes it dosent clump and it comes off nicely

on 7/2/2008 6:46:00 PM

High Impact lengthens well, doesn't smudge, and adds a bit of volume, but it makes the curl droop a little and it flakes by the end of the day. It is hard to coat the lashes evenly as some get a huge chunk of product and some lashes don't get touched until I twist the wand around in every possible angle. It also makes the lashes feel a little stiff and I've had some eyelash breakage recently when using this which usually isn't a problem for me.

on 6/30/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Oh, how I wanted this to work. It not only clumps like crazy, but doesn't lengthen or separate at all -- so I'm left with a horrible mess that *stings* my eyes. I'll not only be tossing this, but writing Clinique about it as well.

on 6/26/2008 11:11:00 PM

no volume. okay length. kills my curl. On the bright side, it doesn't clump.

So I tried this again and well I decided it gives decent length so I added 1 star. It still kills my curl like no other though and still gives zero volume.
I can see how some would love this mascara though.
If you have long eyelashes that don't have problems staying curled and are looking for sleek, clean, length this might be for you.

If you have short, straight, stubby asian lashes that can't keep a curl for it's life and needs volume and length, SKIP.

Eyes: Violet

was recommeded to me by a professional and HATED it. it completely clumps my lashes and gives them no volume or length just color.

on 6/24/2008 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite department store mascaras. I bought a full tube of it back in high school and loved it. The only reason why I haven't bought another one is because I keep getting them as GWP. I find that I reach for those small tubes more often than the ones that I buy. Paired with Shiseido mascara base, and it's fabulous! Great for nights out and anytime you want to bring attention to the eyes. The only down side is that it gets somewhat clumpy at the end of the day.