BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 9/21/2008 10:34:00 PM

I love High Beam!
It is the perfect highlighter. It looks very pretty & natural.
The bottle lasts forever!

on 9/20/2008 11:17:00 AM

I love this product so much! This is the most beautiful highlighter for pale skin. I used this for prom and the pictures came out AMAZINGG. It makes you look like an angel, i swear by it! I apply it right on my cheek bones and under my brow bone, making a "C" on the side of my face. Be sure to blend very well, this product is not completely seamless. If you ever feel pasty, this will make you feel like a porcelain doll.

Ok so before I start this review,I do not work for benefit :)
I loooooovvvvee high beam,it is my absolute favourite make up tool,I gives skin such a gorgeous dewy glow that's soo natural looking,I wear it day and night.Every woman should have high beam in their make up purse it is a beauty MUST HAVE! I cannot recommend it highly enough.c",)**
<3<3HIGH BEAM<3<3

I find myself grabbing this product quite often, as it is a great highlighter; however, I do have a few gripes:

1.] If applied improperly, and the edges not gently blended, it looks like you have opalescent nail polish on your face.
2.] It doesn't seem to last more than a few hours, and my face is not a -complete- cesspool of sebum like some folk. The same thing happens if you blend it a bit too much - it disappears.
3.] Please do the general public a service, and do not use this if you have craters for pores. Sorry, you will not "glow".

on 9/12/2008 12:48:00 AM

I have borrowed friends' bottles of this and used it in Sephora, but I'm just not sure that this would be worth putting on every day. I would probably only use it when I need to look really fantastic... and at this point I don't see myself spending that much on something I won't use every day. I love it, but I wish it was less expensive or came in different sizes or something. I also wish it came in a squeeze tube.

on 9/1/2008 11:51:00 PM

This is BeneFit's best product!!! This works for every one.

Yeah, it's around $30 but mine is lasting forever!

wonderful highlighter! beautiful icy pink color that looks like such a natural glow on my cool toned skin. It doesn't highlight my pores (unlike mac msf's) which is great to me, it's also not glittery. Looks gorgeous over pink blushes. Also looks great on the cupids bow and tearducts/brow highlight.

on 8/28/2008 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

great highlighter. not too shimmery, not too flashy. very subtle but noticeable. great highlighter. i apply with my fingers. i use it under my eyebrows to highlight and sometimes a bit above my blush. very natural looking. great product.

on 8/25/2008 11:26:00 AM

This product illuminates your skin complexion, I tend to wear it on my cheeks under make-up and it gives my skin a nice glow, makes you look really healthy but best not to wear to much as it can look really shiny on the skin esp in Photos. Good Product though and lasts long as you only need to put a small amount on at a time

on 8/19/2008 10:06:00 AM

I actually expected not to like this, but it's suprisingly good! Like all Benefit items, it comes at a price, and in Highbeams case it is a hefty 15.50 available from Debenhams Boots, or Selfridges.

Highbeam comes in a small glass bottle similar to that of a nail polish, though rounder and fatter in appearance. It is a clear glass through which you can see the pink pearl liquid. It looks like a sugar pink pearlised nail varnish and there is a brush attached to the lid which picks up a desired amount of the Highbeam ready for using. The liquid is a good consistency; it is not thin, runny, or ineffective. It stays put, and it feels silky on the skin. You can apply the Highbeam wherever you want the highlighting effect. I usually just apply it to my brow bone as a highlight, blending it in with my fingertips. It catches the light nicely and gives a very pretty sheen, and healthy glow there. I use quite a lot on my brow bone or else it doesn't show up too well on my tanned olive skin, so when I've applied a bit it looks quite light in colour & fairly shimmery. It does look suprisingly natural though, and a small dot at the corner of your eye where your tearducts are looks really pretty and opens up the eye area.

Highbeam basically lasts all day, or night, and it doesn't wear off or fade. What the highbeam does is it gives the skin a lovely pink silvery pearlised shimmer in the areas you choose to put it on. It looks sexy and illuminates your complexion. It also acts as a face shaper, and you can have fun trying out what effect suits your particular face shape. It finishes off your make up to give it a stylised look. Highbeam catches the light and it will draw the eye there with its shimmering qualities. It really is something special, and once you have tried it you will see what I mean. It does last a long time and you will find that a little of this wonderful product does go a long long way.

Basically I can't recommend it enough. Benefit does a similar product called moonbeam which I also have, designed for a darker or olive complexion. I prefer Moon Beam, but Highbeam is suitable for all skin types and it gets 4 lippies from me (had to knock off one for the price).

Video Reviews & Tutorials