BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 11/9/2008 8:58:00 PM

Great little highlighter! Looks great on the cheekbones with some blush underneath or works great as a highlighter for the brow bone. Cute packaging but a little inconvienient to use!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been to Benefit many times and tried this on, but never made the plunge and purchased it. I always figured it wasn't a necessary product, more of a novelty. Well, the other day, I was going there for something else and decided I'd finally buy it. I am so happy I did. I have blonde hair with blue eyes, with medium tanned skin, and this stuff looks amazing on! It gives me that dewy, very moisturized, perfect skin, glow! I use it on my cheek bones, cupids bow, and the inner corners on my eyes, and maybe a slight bit down my nose. I apply it before I use my blush and it makes that stand out too. I will always have this stuff around now... it's a lovely product! And the glimmer isn't glittery and gaudy, it's soft and subtle. And a little goes a LONG way! It just makes you look finished and healthy and beautiful! Yesss!

Edit: Since I've been using this, I've had SO many compliments on "how great I look". My friends say, "Wow, you look so pretty today, you're glowing!" - just a touch, and I get dewy, healthy looking skin! This is becoming one of my HG have to have products! LOVE IT!

on 10/27/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this for free as a deluxe sample for redeeming beauty points and hate it. It does not go on smoothly and is not worth the price.

on 10/22/2008 2:34:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! I have very fair/white skin, but sometimes it can be red in spots (I'm of Irish descent). I love for my skin to look super smooth and glowing. When I am applying my foundation, I put some of the Benefit High Beam on my face at the same time and blend it all together. The High Beam gives my skin a subtle sheen, without looking like "glitter" or anything like that. In addition, the pale pinkish/white color of High Beam ends up making my skin look a tad bit whiter overall, and thereby minimizing any redness. This is a product I always make sure I NEVER run out of.

My only "complaint" would be that sometimes the very end bits of the product end up getting stuck on the inside of the glass bottle, and there is no way to reach it with the applicator brush.

on 10/22/2008 1:37:00 PM

BeneFit products are amazing, but you have to apply this right. I use mainly BeneFit makeup apart from my foundation (Chanel), which I only use if I'm having a bad day or something. This is defo the best highlighter ever!! It just looks so beautiful, natural, and I love the word BeneFit uses - ethereal! I really does look lovely, but you mustn't use too much. I don't know what its like all over your face, as I only use a little teensy bit on my cheeks, cos I hate hate hate to look like I'm wearing makeup. I wouldn't dare put it anywhere near my t zone like some people do because thats where I get oily skin, but it really does give you a perfectly natural, radiant glow that just makes you look like you naturally have it! I dno how other people use it but maybe some people don't like it because they use to much or put it in the wrong place, but I think a little bit on the cheeks after blush (posietint for me!) looks so lovely. Buy it!! (:

on 10/21/2008 2:26:00 AM

First I bought High Beam but I couldn't stop wondering if Moon Beam would've been nicer. So I had to get Moon Beam too. I find that both are nice in their own ways. I will tell you the differences so you won't have to wonder. For reference I am NC30 Asian.

HIGH BEAM: This one is pearlized pink in color. The pinkness doesn't show up. Only the silvery sparkles do. High Beam glow is more prominent than Moon Beam. Maybe it's due to the difference in mica and titanium dioxide content in the formulas. The sparkles are silvery white on my skin. Though they are super duper fine, if you put too much, like when you mix it with foundation and wear all over, you will look metallic. Think Tin Man in Wizard of Oz. You might be able to wear it all over if you have fair/light skin because there's not much color contrasting going on. If you're darker warmer skin toned, it's better to wear it only where you want to highlight. Remember to use very little amount. It will give you the glow you're looking for.

MOON BEAM: This gives you subtler glow. It's more suitable for everyday wear. The color is peachy with pink-gold iridescence. Somehow I think gold sparkles are not as reflective as silver ones in High Beam. If what you're looking for is a full-makeup/night-out/show-time highlighter, Moon Beam is not much of it. I think its best use is to mix with moisturizer or sunscreen to wear all over on days that you want to wear no makeup but don't want to look blah either. Again not too much or you will look fake.

Some say that High Beam is for lighter skin tone and Moon Beam is for darker. I say choose High Beam for spot highlighting and Moon Beam if you want subtle all-over glow. Personally I like Moon Beam better. I get more use out of it.

on 10/15/2008 10:13:00 PM

This is a fantastic all purpose highlighter. A little goes a long way for sure. The only downside might be that it does have a tendency to fade quicker on oilier skin tones and also, it works better when blended right away, otherwise it can get kind of streaky. Otherwise, it's a wonderful pink toned shade for lighter skin tones and gives a high-power glow!

Great as a highlighter or to acheive that "dewy" look. Love Love Love. ;)

Great highlighter! My fave. Great for that healthy glow. This little bottle can lift your cheekbones, make your eyes stand out, make your nose look thinner, emphasise your cupid's bow... a little miracle in a (slightly-too-expensive-but-worth-it) bottle! It's very easy to apply (has a nail varnish type applicator) and stays put all day (and night!)

on 10/5/2008 6:12:00 PM

At a special makeover event, a BeneFit SA applied this on my cheekbones, inner corner of my eyes, and my cupid's bow. Wow! This highlighter works way better than a regular eyeshadow or powder highlighter. It's reflective enough to give me a glowy, ethereal look without being glittery. I had previously been using MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Glissade, but the glitter was getting to me. This product is the perfect consistency-liquidy enough to blend well, but not too watery. I think the packaging is cute, and I think the brush makes it easier to apply. The price is a bit high, but there's so much product that it will last for ages. I'm definitely going to be using this every day!

Video Reviews & Tutorials