September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I love this product.

Initially I had applied too much over my liquid foundation (in thick dots) on my cheekbones all the way to my temples and I ended up looking patchy and cakey when I set my base makeup with loose powder.

When I reached home, I scrubbed off my MU and tried with lesser LF and lesser HighBeam. All I did was drag the brush across the mouth of the bottle so there is less product on the brush and proceed to dot thinly (about 5-6 dots) from my cheekbones all the way up to the temples and also on my nose bridge.

I blended quickly in soft patting and dabbing motion till all edges are finely blended.

The first time my boyfriend saw me wear it, he said I looked "more glowy and radiant" and attributed it to sufficient sleep.

Less is really more. The effect is gorgeous when the light hits your face. It gives you that ethereal radiant look, like you are glowing from within. I wear my MAC Well-Dressed blush over it and my skin has never looked better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

Yeh, i kind of really wasted my money on this. After reading good reviews, i decided to get it, but its totally not worth the money.
Is it just me, or is it extremely hard to blend in? I followed the instructions.. but after blending and blending, when you stand in natural light, you can actually see the shape of it, so yuo look like you have some sort of shiny birthmark on your face.

And i find its too light for my skin - tan.

I dunno, i wouldn't get it again, and i really don't understand all the good reviews its getting.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by sug4baby

This is a good highlighters for people whos got fairly dark skin. It didn't seem to have a visible glowing on my skin... goot thing I found about it is you can use it forever =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This adds a nice touch to your face since it adds a nice shiney glow. For me, however, since I have combination skin, my skin does tend to get oily and when that happens, the High Beam gives my face less of a glow and even more of a shine :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by misspibbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO in love with High Beam. This highlighter just does wonders for the eye area. I put a little dab on the inner corner of the eyes, then from the outer brow to cheek bone i make a "C" shape with it in thin dotted strokes. Then I blend it outwards with the fingers. To avoid streaks you need to blend it in right away before it dries, which is why I work on one side of the face at a time. The result is a perfect dewy glow that looks equally as lovely outside during the day as it does at night. I just love the way the light bounces off of it--so pretty! A lot of shimmer in this, so it's best used sparingly.

Just a tiny bit of High Beam works magic. It's $24 at Sephora, but it's worth every penny. A little goes a LONG way and I see this little bottle lasting me a couple of years.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hellasunday

Everyone is raving about this product, but to me it's overpriced and I was disappointed with the result. It's a liquid product and not easy applying and you have to be very precise and careful with the amount you apply. I couldn't see any difference if I applied a small amount, and if I applied a tiny bit more it got too messy.
I much prefer the shimmery eye shadow type of highlighters for a fourth of the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this. I dont get much use for this, I dont really know what to do with it. I use it on my cheeks and on my cupids bow. I suppose it will get more use in the winter when I am not using my bronzers and stuff. But I like it, it will take me a while to go through a whole bottole

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2008 6:28:00 AM More reviews by clink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to love this after all the hype and good reviews on it. So I went and bought a bottle. I tried a little over my blusher, on my cheekbones and it was not noticeable, did nothing for my fair skin.

Then I tried adding a little more and it made my face look extremely greasy! Made my already oily face worse. It looked alright just after application. However, I took a look at myself again after 4 hours and I looked like an oil sleek with shiny cheeks.

I found that using a powder highlighter was more suitable than High Beam for my oily skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Katy2

I don't know why it took me so long to find this highlighter. It's incredible! It's very difficult to mess up using it. Just a little bit goes a long way, and if you put too much on, it's not that noticeable. It adds a natural dewy glow and slight slight shimmer. I use it on the top of my cheekbones up to my temples. Looks great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Clairelou84

Great product, adds radiance to any part of the face where it is applied. Looks great applied to cheek bones, just under the eye brow and also to the curve of the lips an inner cornerns of the eye. I bought this after I tried it in the realness of concealness pallete, definately money well spent!