September 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now this is what I use for eyeshadow base! The girl at my MAC counter suggested I'd try this and voilá! Works like a charm! It keeps my eyeshadow where it's supposed to be and one jar lasts a lifetime.

Will definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by clueless2mu

Don't like. If you have to careful with the amount of product you apply to your eye lids. The first time I used it I think I applied a little bit too much and it made my eye area so pale. Maybe I chose the wrong color. Also, I did not find it easy to apply on lids using my finger like Urban Decay Primer Portion (UDPP). With this produce I suggest you apply it using a brush and move fast. Didn't care for the way it felt on my lids and I found it to crease. I think I will stick to UDPP and Painterly is going back to MAC this week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! Without a primer or base, eyeshadow tends to fade away on me, which is a really disappointing experience when you've worked so hard on your EOTD. That will never happen to me, thanks to Painterly! It matches my skin perfectly, doesn't break out my sensitive skin, and creates a great base that holds my eyeshadow on all day. My only complaint is that it's hard to remove from a brush during a quick brush cleaning, but it isn't a problem when I'm doing a thorough cleaning. I'm going through my first pot quite quickly, and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mysteriousstar

This is a great base color! The first base paint I i ever bought was the color Canvas Color. I did no like the Canvas Color paint because it is just too light it is almost white!....Any eye shadow u put will not cover the light base Canvas Color, after a while the eyes shadow will come off and u will be stuck with the almost white color base on your eye lids. This Base color is really good, it is a light light brown color! Your eye shadow( shimerie or flat colored eyeshadow) stays on forever and the colors look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tracita

This was a very pleasant surprise! I'd been reading all the raves about Paint Pots, how they don't crease, great staying power, blah blah blah, but really didn't think anything could compare to UDPP which I've been using forever. I was wrong and I happily admit it--this formula rocks!! I have experienced no creasing and the color is perfect for evening out my discolored lids--did I mention this works fantastically as a concealer too? Well, it does! Plus, you get a lot of bang for the buck, I can see this pot will last me a while. This is a new staple in my cosmetic wardrobe and I will definitely be sampling more shades...I hope MAC never changes the consistency/formula and I pray to the higher power that it is not ever discontinued--I will cry. Thumbs up for this potted gem!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had always used my concealer as an e/s base. However, I have very light skin and my eyelid skin is always either red or veiny. This is pefect for evening out my eyelid and is only slightly darker than my natural skin tone. It looks good by itself for a very natural look. (Bare Study, for comparison, left my eyelids with a burning sensation, and went on very unevenly).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the best buy of the year so far!

The MA who talked me into it said: " You will come back and thank me for that"-and I will!

I have to say that I only use it as a base. Nice neutral colour that makes almost all eyeshadows look wonderfull ( even the ones with less than average colour pay-off) and no creasing for more than 8 hours.

EDIT:I deducted one lippie because this product does not "co-operate" well with all eyeshadows (especially with the creamier ones like Stila or Mac veluxe pearls which happen to be my favorite)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Will someone please explain how I didnt life live without Painterly before? Thank goodness my co-worker turned me into it because I am the queen of hte greasy eyelids and this stuff is MAGIC! Love you MAC for your eyeshadows...(and not much else...sorry!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I love MAC Paint Pots! Although the colored ones are so much more fun to play with if I had to choose just one I'd pick Painterly because it's my most versatile go-with-everything daily base. The shade is pretty much an exact match for my lids so looks invisible when I use it alone. Prior to PPs I used UDPP almost exclusively as my e/s base. So how does this compare to UDPP?

The PP provides a thicker base layer on your lid--you can control how much--I try to blend it out as thinly as possible. If the layer is too thick I do find I will have some minor creasing at the end of the day. Applies easily with a synthetic brush with dabbing as opposed to large strokes. Shadows seem to stick more to the PP and therefore colors pop a little more than with UDPP. Blending is also much easier. The only drawback is some minor creasing some of the time--I find this only tends to happen if I am packing on a lot of color or using a shadow with a creamier consistency--like Stila shadows. Never had creasing with UDPP for comparison.

Though I think UDPP keeps your shadow truer for a little longer I will trade that for more blendability. The PPs aren't nearly as drying as UDPP either. All in all, Painterly is probably my base of choice if I had to be exclusive. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by syntheticvampira

this product sucks, it goes on so thick and turns dry in the pan after awhile. It also CREASES like crazy after 3-4 hours, it's just a horrible eyeshadow base