April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by misskho

ive finally gave into trying this after reading the reveiws.

this stuff is amazing but i think the name is misleading, i was around when the first lot of "matte" makeup products came up (early 90's) and matte means, no shine, no frost, no shimmer, no glow, just matte...like a plain peice of paper. this powder is definately not matte, it has tiny bits of shimmer in it that gives the skin a subtle glow, it goes on well and i really like the case and sponge. apart from the word matte being using in the name i have no complaints.

EDIT: ok i have a complaint, there are not enough colours available. i am NC30 and sand is too pale, honey is too pink, im taking off one lippy. and the fabric sponge thingy is annoying, minus another lippy, i just use a latex sponge for major touch ups or my stippling brush for a light dusting, i hate that the mirror is in the bottom bottom as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

This powder leaves your skin matte and polished, and not as flat as other matte powders. Also, it lasts! I tap it on my nose and forehead after my mineral foundation. I will definitely keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this powder alot. Kept me shine free for the whole day. Wasnt cakey or didnt settle into my fine lines or wrinkles. Over all it was a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I've tried a long list of powders including Maybelline Mineral Finishing Veil, Clinique Almost Mineral Powder, Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, Benefit, and MAC MSF. Most powders I've tried either don't have enough coverage, highlight dry spots, or don't blend well.

I was really skeptical about this, despite the high ratings but I am absolutely amazed at how well this powder performs. This has the perfect buildable medium coverage with a matte finish, without giving me a dull look like I came from a morgue. Other powders like Maybelline Pressed Mineral Power and BareMinerals and are too sheer and don't cover imperfections, but the coverage of this powder evens my skintone while covering all imperfections on my skin.

I love the texture of this powder. It is really easy to blend and has sort of a creamy texture. It doesn't make my skin dry but it is important to use a good moisturizer underneath this. Regardless of the tool I use to apply such as my EcoTools Kabuki brush or a regular powder sponge, this gives me a flawless finish which makes it an amazing powder in my books. My only gripe is that this powder has a lot of fall out when I am picking up the product with the sponge or brush but at this price I don't mind. I'll definitely be carrying this compact with me at all times and will repurchase! BTW I use the Dark 0-1 shade for my NC40 skintone and it is a perfect match, better than Medium Plus in MAC MSF.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

Lovin this product a lot! The packaging is really cool but not really convenient i must say, but who cares, i love the product! I Really hate using this with a synthetic brush, because i can barely get any product on the brush. I used my MAC 182, and its so amazing!!
    Keeps me matte for a good 4 hours Without a primer, which i love! I Even love using the puff the just blot my face instead of dragging the puff all over my face. i have had no problems of break outs for using these puffs..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given this by my sister because my skin is slightly lighter than hers and she bought a lighter shade. I was skeptical about it at first but i just started using this religiously everyday and it actually works pretty well! I quite like it though one off for how some of the powder seems to make my skin look slightly dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by frozen_rain

I hate to be Debbie-Downer here, but this powder did not work for me (and believe me, I tried). It would set my face nicely in the morning(usually layered it over to of tinted moisturizer), but by mid-day, I could see caking and settling into lines, along with flakiness and chalkiness. All I can see, though, is the oil-control WAS decent (at least for me --for reference, I have combo skin) No other powder I have tried has controlled oiliness this well. But the cakiness/flakiness/chalkiness took the cake. I won't be buying this again. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by diztinqtive

This is a great product for those who want a finishing look or a light coverage. It made my skin look less oily and matte.

Nevertheless, this product does not have an SPF and made me have a rash. Otherwise, I would have given it 4/5 stars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use Dream Matte Mousse (whipped creamy foundation) which I loved. But then I stopped using foundation & switched to powder makeup only. So when this powder came out I was eager to try it. It's just OK with me, but I wouldn't buy it again.

The powder is fine-milled & smooth, but leaves me looking flatly matte, lacking any dimension or glow. I have to add shimmery contouring over it to bring my face back to life. Though it does give decently good smooth coverage. But the packaging --- don't get me started on that! Packaging just too cumbersome (see picture), you have to twist out the bottom chamber to get the puff, then flip the clear lid to access the powder. Then you have to twist again & awkwardly hold the compact to view the mirror which is in the bottom chamber (and BTW gets mucky from the powder buildup b/c that's where the puff goes). Goodness sake, give me a break. I don't like these dual-chamber versions of pressed powder that are coming out on the market. Physician's Formula, Neutrogena & others are using various versions of these cumbersome compacts (and BTW that makes them really bulky & purse-unfriendly). No-no. Just make it simple please.

Anyway, it was nice trying this product but I've no need of buying it again. I like other powders much better (such as Revlon PhotoReady & Physician's Formula Mineral Wear).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Bambiina

bad bad bad bad. after only a few days i got really bad acne and i blame it on this.