August 23, 2014 | 1437 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I had high expectations for this product because of all the rave reviews, and I was not disappointed! The packaging is a bit bulky and cheap-looking, but I'm fine with that because it does house a nice little mirror and powder puff. I actually use the puff because it has a soft and silky texture. The product itself is wonderful. It gives me matte skin without looking cakey or unnatural. I love using this to set my liquid foundation and to touch up any oily spots that pop up throughout the day. I'm "Light 4 (nude)" in the Maybelline coloring system, but the Dream Matte Powder in "Medium 0-1 (Sand)" matches me very well. In fact, it might be a little too pale and beige for my warm yellow-toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mandababyxo

I love this stuff! I have had it for awhile. I didnt use it becaue I got a MAC MSF so when I ran out I started using the Dream Matte Powder. I still love it! great coverage, not chalky, not cakey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I guess I am the minority here, but I purchased this b/c of all the rave reviews. I don't think it works as well as my L'Oreal Infallible 16 hour pressed powder. It looks more chalky, white, and powdery. L'Oreal is more smooth, blurred, and looks more natural on my skin. I will test it out a few more times to see if I can get it right... maybe I applied too much. I always apply my pressed powders with a puff to set my MU (works like a charm!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sfb333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so i was on youtube and theres a lady who tests out tons and tons of products and this product was most comparible to the macs mineralized skinfinished natural and they work the same and have the same ingredients and your basically just paying for the name with mac
when you wear this it doesnt look like you have powder on and i love the unique packaging

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Kevlyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, not enough coverage for me. I know it's supposed to make you mate, but I don't it would have a lot of coverage. It also broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by ckmchan7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great face powder. I use a face powder brush with it to set my liquid foundation everyday. Great for eliminating shine. I have dry skin and a lot of powders make me look cakey or flakey. This powder is so sheer and fine that I don't run into that problem. It's also great for touch ups throughout the day because it's such a light powder. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by misskho

ive finally gave into trying this after reading the reveiws.

this stuff is amazing but i think the name is misleading, i was around when the first lot of "matte" makeup products came up (early 90's) and matte means, no shine, no frost, no shimmer, no glow, just matte...like a plain peice of paper. this powder is definately not matte, it has tiny bits of shimmer in it that gives the skin a subtle glow, it goes on well and i really like the case and sponge. apart from the word matte being using in the name i have no complaints.

EDIT: ok i have a complaint, there are not enough colours available. i am NC30 and sand is too pale, honey is too pink, im taking off one lippy. and the fabric sponge thingy is annoying, minus another lippy, i just use a latex sponge for major touch ups or my stippling brush for a light dusting, i hate that the mirror is in the bottom bottom as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

This powder leaves your skin matte and polished, and not as flat as other matte powders. Also, it lasts! I tap it on my nose and forehead after my mineral foundation. I will definitely keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this powder alot. Kept me shine free for the whole day. Wasnt cakey or didnt settle into my fine lines or wrinkles. Over all it was a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I've tried a long list of powders including Maybelline Mineral Finishing Veil, Clinique Almost Mineral Powder, Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, Benefit, and MAC MSF. Most powders I've tried either don't have enough coverage, highlight dry spots, or don't blend well.

I was really skeptical about this, despite the high ratings but I am absolutely amazed at how well this powder performs. This has the perfect buildable medium coverage with a matte finish, without giving me a dull look like I came from a morgue. Other powders like Maybelline Pressed Mineral Power and BareMinerals and are too sheer and don't cover imperfections, but the coverage of this powder evens my skintone while covering all imperfections on my skin.

I love the texture of this powder. It is really easy to blend and has sort of a creamy texture. It doesn't make my skin dry but it is important to use a good moisturizer underneath this. Regardless of the tool I use to apply such as my EcoTools Kabuki brush or a regular powder sponge, this gives me a flawless finish which makes it an amazing powder in my books. My only gripe is that this powder has a lot of fall out when I am picking up the product with the sponge or brush but at this price I don't mind. I'll definitely be carrying this compact with me at all times and will repurchase! BTW I use the Dark 0-1 shade for my NC40 skintone and it is a perfect match, better than Medium Plus in MAC MSF.