October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mellysparkles

I wanted to love this product so much. For the first 2 days I thought it was great. I got it at my Walgreens for $4 and it gave me a really nice finish (almost chalky though). Then, it broke me out :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by avocado1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I was very excited because this powder made my skin look all smooth and soft, almost flawless.
    But, alas, it breaks me out after only one day of use:(

If you don't have terribly sensitive skin, then I reccomend this product to you:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I had high expectations for this product because of all the rave reviews, and I was not disappointed! The packaging is a bit bulky and cheap-looking, but I'm fine with that because it does house a nice little mirror and powder puff. I actually use the puff because it has a soft and silky texture. The product itself is wonderful. It gives me matte skin without looking cakey or unnatural. I love using this to set my liquid foundation and to touch up any oily spots that pop up throughout the day. I'm "Light 4 (nude)" in the Maybelline coloring system, but the Dream Matte Powder in "Medium 0-1 (Sand)" matches me very well. In fact, it might be a little too pale and beige for my warm yellow-toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mandababyxo

I love this stuff! I have had it for awhile. I didnt use it becaue I got a MAC MSF so when I ran out I started using the Dream Matte Powder. I still love it! great coverage, not chalky, not cakey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I guess I am the minority here, but I purchased this b/c of all the rave reviews. I don't think it works as well as my L'Oreal Infallible 16 hour pressed powder. It looks more chalky, white, and powdery. L'Oreal is more smooth, blurred, and looks more natural on my skin. I will test it out a few more times to see if I can get it right... maybe I applied too much. I always apply my pressed powders with a puff to set my MU (works like a charm!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sfb333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so i was on youtube and theres a lady who tests out tons and tons of products and this product was most comparible to the macs mineralized skinfinished natural and they work the same and have the same ingredients and your basically just paying for the name with mac
    when you wear this it doesnt look like you have powder on and i love the unique packaging

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Kevlyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, not enough coverage for me. I know it's supposed to make you mate, but I don't it would have a lot of coverage. It also broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by ckmchan7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great face powder. I use a face powder brush with it to set my liquid foundation everyday. Great for eliminating shine. I have dry skin and a lot of powders make me look cakey or flakey. This powder is so sheer and fine that I don't run into that problem. It's also great for touch ups throughout the day because it's such a light powder. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by misskho

ive finally gave into trying this after reading the reveiws.

this stuff is amazing but i think the name is misleading, i was around when the first lot of "matte" makeup products came up (early 90's) and matte means, no shine, no frost, no shimmer, no glow, just matte...like a plain peice of paper. this powder is definately not matte, it has tiny bits of shimmer in it that gives the skin a subtle glow, it goes on well and i really like the case and sponge. apart from the word matte being using in the name i have no complaints.

EDIT: ok i have a complaint, there are not enough colours available. i am NC30 and sand is too pale, honey is too pink, im taking off one lippy. and the fabric sponge thingy is annoying, minus another lippy, i just use a latex sponge for major touch ups or my stippling brush for a light dusting, i hate that the mirror is in the bottom bottom as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

This powder leaves your skin matte and polished, and not as flat as other matte powders. Also, it lasts! I tap it on my nose and forehead after my mineral foundation. I will definitely keep buying it.