Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 4/7/2006 9:05:00 AM

After reading all the reviews I went and got mine 2 weeks ago and I love it! I've been using Sonicare toothbrush for the past 5 years and love it so wasn't hesitant to buy this product at all. And I wasn't disappointed. It does clean my skin better than anything I've tried before & products do absorb better afterwards. I got 4 extra brushes with the coupon included in the box as well. I definitely would buy this machine again.

on 4/6/2006 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yes, it's expensive...but it has done amazing things for my face! I have acne-prone skin which is now CLEAR thanks to my Clarisonic. I have been using for 3 weeks, 2x a day with the sensitive brush for one minute each time. After each use, my skin feels so smooth! I use the Clarins Acnopure Mousse with the Clarisonic and the results have been wonderful...worth every penny!

on 4/1/2006 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this brush!!! I have pretty good skin but I occasionally get a blemish and I did have some blackheads on my nose and chin. This has taken care of all those problems. My skin is very smooth and I haven't gotten a single blemish in the three months since using it. I did break out a bit more than usual when I first started using this but that soon cleared up and now my skin look great! Yes this is expensive but I don't mind spending money on things that work.

on 3/27/2006 8:57:00 PM

This is a great product. I have rosacea, so exfoliating with a scrub or even going to the spa for a glycolic peel is out of the question. I can't even use regular moisturizer because my skin rebels. As a result, I have very dry, flaky skin. First my aesthetician, then the nurse who injects my botox and lip filler, raved about this brush. I was skeptical since I have such moody skin. I figured they were just trying to sell a $190 brush. During my last microdermabrasion, my aesthetician used it. It felt soooo good! Better yet, I didn't show a bit of irritation. With some hesitancy I bought it and have never regretted it. It's amazing. It comes with two brushes; one for normal skin and one for sensitive skin. I use the sensitive skin brush and have never had a problem. Also, in the package I got an offer for two free brushes and you get to pick which brushes you want. So I ordered two sensitive skin brushes. When you register your brush, you get a buy one get one free coupon. The brushes cost $20 each, so you get $60 in freebies. Still, it's worth the cost even without the freebies. Don't hesitate on this one.

Update 4/27/2006: I can honestly say I am speechless about how fabulous my skin looks. I have struggled with rosacea for years, and as a result of not being able to use exfoliants, my skin was always super dry and flaky. I always looked horrible. Now, my skin is baby smooth and I've had no irritation whatsoever from the brush. I really can't say enough about this brush. It is a miracle for me. I am going to buy another one tomorrow to stash away, just in case this one ever gives out. I can't live without it.

on 3/20/2006 1:20:00 PM

The first time I saw a flyer for this facial brush I thought it was a gimmick. But when I noticed it is made by the same people who made the Sonicare toothbrush that I love oh so much, I was intrigued. So I dropped $145 (after various discouns, ebates, dollar deals, cash back offer) at Beauty.com and immediately after the first try, I was sold.

I have combo/oily skin that thankfully is not acne prone and for the most part people tell me I have great skin. I have been using Green Cream for 1 year and thought my skin was in pretty good shape already so I didn't expect any major improvements from using this brush. Boy, was I surprised. If you remember how clean your teeth feels right after a cleaning by the dentist, well, that's who clean my face feels too after using the brush. Not a stripping-dry-and-tight type of clean. But very smooth-no-bumps-or-clogged-pore-or-dead-skin-or-dirt kind of clean. Having used this with the normal brush, 2 mins normal setting, 2 times a day for 2 weeks, the skin on my face has gotten so soft and smooth. Pores on and around my nose look smaller because all the gunk that used to be inside is now gone. Minor flaking from the winter heat is gone. Face is even and glowy. I tried the sensitive brush head on my DH and he liked it too. So much so that he now asks me to clean his face for him with the brush ever so often. =)

So overall while I do agree this is not a cheap brush, it's well worth every penny of it. And if you can get it for a deal like I did online, that's even better!

Edited to add: I use this brush with a foaming cleanser in the morning and a non-foaming one at night. The brush works fine with either cleanser as long as the brush head is wet before I apply it on my face to give it a bit of a slip. The only type of cleanser they recommend you not use with the brush is one with beads or scrubby particles in it. Hope this helps!

on 3/14/2006 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this thing! My roommate and I stumbled across the reviews of it, and decided to split the cost of one (being poor college students). From the first time we used it, we both noticed a huge difference. This is particularly impressive, since she has oily, acne-prone skin, and I have dry, sensitive skin. We both have issues with lots of clogged pores, and this has really helped to clear them up on our faces. I've also noticed what others have, using the Clarisonic really does cause your other products to penetrate better. My skin tone is more even and brighter and my clogged pores are clearing up, and my roommate's skin is clearing up and is much smoother. I use BWC's herbal cream cleanser, to give the brush slip, and the sensitive brush head, on the 1 minute cycle. I find the vibrations of the brush pretty soothing, and I've noticed my skin looks brighter, not red, immediately after using. My skin feels softer than I can remember it ever feeling before. This is a pretty big investment, but if you think of it as just that, an investment in your skin, it's so worth it.
UPDATE - 8/6/06: Has anyone else been having problems with the power? It doesn't seem to be running at full power. I can barely feel the vibrations. I'm going to call customer service, and if the issue isn't resolved, I'm going to have to lower the lippies.

on 3/11/2006 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this brush!!!! I use it with my Sonya Dakar cleansers and it works beautifully. I have sensitive acne prone skin and was a bit worried that this would be to harsh. I have always had a ton of blackheads on my nose and chin (I spent my teenage years looking my my nose had been sprinkled with black pepper). This brush did what nothing else has ever done and got rid of them!!!! I helped get rid of the flaking that I sometimes get around my mouth and on my cheeck. My skin is smooth and glowing and my acne is definitely decreasing. I love it!!!! It is expensive yes, but when I think of all the money I've wasted on things that don't work then this is definitely worth it. Would absolutely purchase again.

on 3/7/2006 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I've used this for a week now and I am totally in love!

I have acne-prone skin that I keep in check with Proactiv, glycolic and monthly beta peels with my facialist at Skinklinic. Now I think I can skip those expensive beta peels and get them every other month just to maintain. My skin is totally glowing and fabulous - almost perfect! I use bare minerals makeup and now only need a little bit to make my face look flawless. No more tedious minutes buffing, buffing, buffing.

The best thing about the Clarisonic is that it got rid of the horribly clogged pores on my chin and my nose (not visible to the outside world, but something I obsess over in my bathroom mirror as I know we all do!) I use the sensitive brush with Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream cleanser. When I first got the brush, I swiped my chin and nose with Oxy Maximum Daily Cleansing Pads with 2% salicylic acid after washing it with the Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. The double whammy of salicylic totally made those stubborn suckers disappear. But you have to keep on top of it, because you know how much they want to come back. I just find that washing with the Clarisonic brush cleans so deeply, yet so gently and really makes my acne medication more effective. Now I use my proactiv face scrub like a mask, one minute on the face, no need to scrub because my face is already scrubbed, then follow up with the toner and face treatment.

My only complaint is it's a little difficult to change the brush heads. If I use the Clarisonic in the shower, I use the normal brush for body scrubbing (which works great!) but it's hard to change the heads even if I have dry hands. Not so fun. I have to keep a towel handy to help twist it off. And changing the duration and intensity with one button is a bit confusing as well - I still haven't gotten the hang of it, but hopefully if I keep using it I'll eventually get it.

I purchased my Clarisonic plus some samples on skinplanet.com for $174 with free two day shipping. They had a coupon for 13% off of a $200 purchase that just expired, but if you call the 800 number they might still be flexible.

I totally recommend the Clarisonic brush to anyone. I know it's expensive, but it's cheaper than a beta peel, microdermabrasion or even a plain old do-nothing facial - and you need a series of those to enjoy the results! Definitely worth every penny.

on 3/3/2006 10:21:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with minor rosacea that breaks out from just about every product (even the beloved Cetaphil and Kinerase, if not diluted). But I also have combination skin that breaks out if it is not cleaned thoroughly, and I get clogged pores very easily. I actually have pretty nice skin in appearance; so don't get me wrong. To the outside world, it seems like nice skin. To me, it's recalcitrant and a pain in the backside to keep looking good.

Anyway, I took a shot at the Clarisonic, expecting the worst and hoping for the best. While I cannot say that it has done anything for monthly hormonal acne, it has definitely improved the texture of my skin and has reduced the clogged pores. They aren't completely gone, but they are disappearing.

I'm using the Clarisonic once a day in the evenings with SkinMedica cleanser, after I remove my makeup with jojoba oil. I'm still tweaking some things, and it seems I was getting a little too much benefit from putting product on right after the Clarisonic and breaking out a little more frequently at first. So for now, no moisturizer in the evening afterwards. (Before Clarisonic, I did not moisturize at night either.)

on 3/1/2006 3:36:00 PM

This is one product that truly does what is claims to do--give you great looking skin! If feels very nice and not harsh, but certainly follow general directions for use. With regular (2 x daily) use I have found that this brightens my skin and makes any kind of break out a thing of the past. Best of all, it seems to heighten the efficacy of any other skin care products that I use. Since I invest it pricey skincare stuff, this is a plus for me. With use of the clariconic brush, the products seem more effective and last longer (less product needed per use). Overall, the brush has reduced skin discoloration, fine lines, and increased the brightness and luminosity. Love it. Expensive but sure to last a long time because it is very sturdy and well made. Highly recommended for all except possibly the most sensitive skin types.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools