September 17, 2014 | 713 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by squared3017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like this powder. i have it in translucent. i wear it over my mineral foundation (i find it helps it stay put a bit more in addition to helping control the oil more) and my liquid foundation. i think it really helps. i have pretty oily skin and you can really see this on my nose and the rest of my t-zone, but this helps keep my skin less oily. the packaging is a bit "eh." i like the fact that it is so simple, because then you know that they're charging you for the product, not for any kind of fancy packaging, but it is a little difficult to take anywhere. and another plus, it doesn't turn orange!! previously i used a different pressed powder over my makeup, and my skin would looks a little orangey after a while. initially i thought it was my mineral makeup, but after i switched to this powder, i didn't have any more problems. in addition, it doesn't break me out! yay!! i'll definitely keep on buying this because it's a good price, it does its job, and my skin doesn't look awful after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by stephiebabex

It works very well ontop of tinited moisturizer of foundation just to keep shine away. I love it! It actually adds a bit of extra coverage and a nice finish to your face. Doesnt dry out your face and lasts for quite a while. I have to re apply a few times throughout the day but i recommened!
Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Bito

I have this in sandstorm.The most thing i love about this powder is that it matches my tone perfectly!! and i never found a product that matches my skin tone this way.i love the price,really cheap ;) however i don't like the packaging, i can't take it with me to work, it looks cheap and i have to take a sponge in different container since i don't put it with the powder (it will transfer the oil to the powder). the staying power is good, i have to touch up after approximately 2 to 3 hours although i have a combination skin not that oily but i live in a hot climate weather so i guess it is ok. i only hope if i didn't need to touch up that often and that it had a better packaging but without changing the price ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Bito

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Bito

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it is kind of a drag to not have a mirror in the compact, and to buy puffs separately. On the other hand, you get nearly twice the usual amount of powder in this enormous pan (.49 oz. versus .3 oz for most compacts) and the powder itself is pretty serviceable. Sponge puffs can be had for about $2 for a six-pack, so it's no hardship to buy them separately.

I use the lightest shade, Translucent, and it's a great match for my fair, yellow-toned skin. It applies very sheerly, perhaps in part because I am using foam sponges rather than a velour puff. Oil-controlling ability is about average, 3-4 hours at best. But I have very oily skin and no powder has ever been my miracle in that department. I do like this powder a lot because it is finely milled, applies evenly, and is sheer enough not to form a cakey layer over my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by CCFiregirl93

I have been using this for about two weeks and i wear it over my stay matte liquid foundation. i use this or mark on a normal basis and bare minerals on special occassions.
But i have found that i look flawless when i combined the two! its great and its only $4 most of the time!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome powder - I find I use it more often than even some of my more expensive stuff - but the packaging is awful as said below - mine broke, too and that is a nuisance. But the product is excellent. Very smooth and not cakey, no weird smells, not orange-y or fakey looking, just a silky texture that is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by LaSenzual

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this powder throughout the day because my skin gets oily very quickly. I love it! I will definitely repurchase - very cheap! It also matches my skin tone very well and looks very natural. However the one thing that annoys me about the product is the packaging - countless times I have dropped it accidently and it has all smashed and gone everywhere and is unusable. The plastic lid also cracks very easily which is a nuisance - I carry this around in my bag everywhere so it would be ideal if the packaging was a little more durable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You get what you pay for in most cases, and it's true in this one. I got the transluscent and it made me look ghost-like. It didn't look natural and it didn't keep me matte enough. I just really don't like pressed powder. Plus I think this powder was the reason for my recent horrible breakout.