October 25, 2014 | 875 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by stomishi

I'm not wild about the packaging on this product, but it does wonders to get rid of shine!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I've been using it for probably about 7 or so years now.

I have very dry skin in the winter and it doesn't look cakey at all. It's very natural looking and you can't beat the price. The only con is the packaging; I wish it had a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works surprisingly very well for drugstore powder!! Definitely comparable to MAC Blot Powder. I prefer using this for touch ups over other pressed powders because it does not cake up. It works very well to mattify my skin and really shrinks the look of my pores!! Really controlled my oily skin very well for a few hours without getting cakey. It also doesn't turn chalky white like most "transparent" powders. A great find, comparable to higher-end products!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by krodoux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this powder =) since i have oily skin this product actually works for me=) it makes my skin stay matte =) <3 mine is almost finished now...n i'm definitely getting a new one =P
xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by evonneSTYLE

Price [2] ( 6.00 CAN )
Packaging [3]
Repurchase [Yes]

-------------------------------

OH MY!
What a GREAT find! I bought this in Transparent, and it is quite transparent on my skin tone. I love this product, it keeps my face matte for about 4 hours and it actually will give you slight coverage. Once I applied this, I noticed the size of my pores appeared smaller. It is not at all cakey and the texture is quite smooth! For only 6 dollars, I will repurchase and repurchase again. The only problem I have with it is the packaging. The lid just doesn't want to stay on and continuously comes off in my bag, besides that, I ADORE this product. :) <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an excellent pressed powder for the price!

Even though it is not a compact-type powder, I don't mind at all. I keep a small compact mirror in my purse so it doesn't end up with powder on it. Also, I buy a package of puffs or sponges that can easily fit into the container and be replaced every week.

Yes, the lid is not ideal but I've taken this with me to the club and concerts and it hasn't come off so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Scent is very very faint, you have to hold the container to your nose to even notice it. the only thing that could be better would be a totally FF version..but hey, it's better than those horrid-smelling,chalky cover girl powders!

Coverage is good, does a great job at mattifying and didn't make me breakout. I use the transulcent and for under $6 would be again. Also, try the Lasting Minerals Rimmel foundation, it is another great bargain!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by gva7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this at Wal-mart as a buy one get one free for about four bucks and I have to admit that I really like. It leaves my face matte and silky smooth for 4-5 hours. The only thing is that you have to reapply it after awhile. This product does not come in the best packaging. It is literally just a bottom pan that has a lid over it. The lid does not lock or twist so it's not very secure. I just end up putting a rubberband around mine to hold the lid in place. U find that a lot of the Rimmel face products come in that type of packaging because I have one of their blushes and it's the same deal. Overall, I like this product. It works great on me and yeah, I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in translucent to set my face when I'm done applying my minerals and everything else. I apply it with a large paddle brush. It doesn't take much. But I've also been using it to control oilies throughout the day. I love it.

Pros; It's not chalky at all, it does not get cakey or look white. It's extremely inexpensive. It controls shine for about 3 hours which amazes me. It's not broken me out in the almost year I've been using it.
Cons; It runs out pretty quickly, even if I only apply it once or twice a day. The packaging is a little strange, I'll admit, but it's not a problem. I'd thought the lid would fall of if I threw it in my purse, but it didn't.

I definitely recommend trying it at least once. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by mimix87

very good pressed powder highly recomended for oily skin, keeps skin matte and leave ur face looking really nice wihtout looking cakey. luvs it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by QuixoticWeetzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright so the packaging is awful and should come with something to apply it, BUT this is the best pressed power I've owned. Before this I was using Cover Girl and it was useless. This powder controls any shine I get throughout the day and makes my pores nearly invisible. It's great stuff.