Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

I like the way it looks doesnt make my skin look dry BUT it doesnt last as long as other matte powders imo.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I apply this w/a powder brush on my bare skin & I love how it smoothes out my very prominent pores.

Most products & powders I've tried either don't improve the look of my skin or make it look even worse, so I'm happy this powder actually makes my pores seem less deep, it evens out my mildly-splotchy skintone, & mattifies shine w/o leaving any powdery or chalky finish behind.

I use Transparent, which I bought via Drugstore.com for $5.50. In local drugstores it runs about $8. As long as it doesn't cause me any adverse skin problems in the future, I would definitely re-buy this. I keep my cosmetics either @ work or home, I don't carry makeup around, so the minimal packaging is just right for me & I like to use my own brushes rather than cakey powder puffs anyway, so it doesn't bother me that this doesn't have any. The less waste the better.

This was on sale at Shoppers Drugmart for 4$CAD, so I thought I might as well try it out. I picked up 001 Transparent, and hoped for the best. Yeah...No. This powder was incredibly prone to fallout, and whenever I use it, I'm covered in little flakes - and not just on my face. The wear on this powder isn't very long, and I find it tends to pronounce any possible dry spots you may have on your face. I will never buy this powder again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, this isn't the prettiest thing to look at it but it works well enough for me. Yes, it doesn't come with a mirror or puff but it I don't take it with me anywhere because it's way too huge and I'm afraid the crappy lid will come off and break in my bag and get everywhere. That being said, I really like this product. I just put some on my nose and only a little bit of powder on the rest of my face after I put on my foundation and I am set for the day. I don't get shiny again afterwards. However, I don't really have oily skin anyway. I bought this in transparent and it does not show up white or cakey. Pretty good buy. I would probably repurchase because it's fairly cheap and doesn't bother my skin and it works for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

An amazing powder. I've tried so many different ones including Estee Lauder, Clinique, Cargo.. but this is better. I use it in Transparent and, for me, it actually is transparent, not orange like EL or white like Urban Decay's mattifying powder. Then again, I use a light coloured foundation (Laura Mercier's silk creme in cream ivory) so maybe the apparent white cast doesn't affect me for that reason. It's very silky and after application just blends in, mattifying my face without any of that grainy (Boot's Natural Collection), cakey (Clinique) or weird splitting effect (Benefit Get Even) residual crap. It isn't the *best* regarding how long it actually keeps shine at bay, but the texture and colour (or lack thereof) along with the cheap price (!) makes it very worth it.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this at Target for only $3.97.
its good for setting foundation but i wear it alone because i only need it to make my face not shinny. it doesn't last very long on me, probably only 2-3 hours before my face starts getting shiny again. it has light coverage and very lightweight. definitely not cakey on my face.
Some people complain about the cap/lid coming off easily but mine doesn't do that.

It's a good matte powder to keep your makeup last longer. I put this after I put my mascara on, and my mascara doesn't smudge at the end of the day. Generally, I put this after I put my tinted moisturizer on, my concealer, and my mineral foundation and it helps me makeup stay on for 6+ hours.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First, the packaging on this is redonkulous. The little, flimsy plastic top comes right off! Also, why does it not have a puff? I am ok @ WnW $1.99 prices not getting a puff but for $8.00 for a ds powder, I want a puff!!

Ok--onto the product. I bought this in Translucent and it completely was-went on sheerly over my foundation and added no color. It also did not oxidize. That is pretty much the last good thing I can say about this powder. It settled in my pores and made my foundation looks SO cakey and disgusting that I actually took a wet paper towel and cleaned off that section of foundation because I was too embarassed to go back out into the world wearing that makeup. It was as though the powder absorbed the grease and then immediately started clumping on my face. So foul. This might be my last try of Rimmel--so far I have not been impressed by anything I have tried from the brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I wanted a cheaper powder to what I am using atm. I chose the color translucent, and yes it is translucent. It's not very finely milled like Rimmel's loose powder, but it's not chalky. I have normal to dry skin, and with this on, it didn't dry my skin out. The reason why I don't like it is because it doesn't keep your skin matte at all. It didn't turn my face into a greasy surface, but for someone with combination/oily skin, I really don't see how it can keep them matte. The most annoying thing was, this powder seemed to make my face suck in all the foundation & I have to re-apply my foundation after 4 hours! I don't know WHY! Luckily this didn't break me out. I've used this only 3 times, and it makes me feel like I've wasted my $$. This product is not expensive, but having said that, if I had known, I would have invested the $ into something that was worth my time.
Overall, this powder would be bad for someone with combo/oily skin, does NOT keep your skin matte at all.
Oh, another thing is, the packaging is crap. Hideously crap. You are meant to "screw" on the lid, but it doesn't! I was a bit worried about this spilling everywhere in my handbag/purse if it crumbled.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this powder and the maybelline dream matte powder at the same time. I found that this powder made me look chalky and I did not like the look of this over my foundation. It also made my skin break out. However, the maybelline dream matte settled nicely over my foundation and my skin agrees with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials