Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really needed a new pressed powder(every girl should have one)and I really,really wanted MAC's blot powder,but I did not want to pay
$21.00 + tax for it.Everyone was going on about how this is comparable to that,but with crappy packaging and without the price tag.I decided that I would start with the cheapest product first and see if it would work before sucking up the price tag for MAC's.I got this for $3.00 something at wal-mart in translucent.It did not come with an applicator so I picked up a 3 pack of powder puffs which I like to use anyway with pressed powders because for me when I use a brush to touch up my makeup it ends up messing my foundation up,so I prefer to use the powder puffs to lightly press the powder on instead of dusting it over my face.WOW.This stuff is great!I really don't see how MAC'S could work any better for me.This does not look cakey on me,there is no strong smell and takes the shine away for a few hours(I use a Clean&Clear oil absorbing sheet first).I have had no problem with the lid coming off.I carry it everywhere with me and never want to be without it!

on 10/2/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mass Market powder with poor oil control. The powder disappears in 2 hours. Sheer coverage and accentuate any dry patches on the face. Gives a slightly powdery matte finish when applied and the powder remains on top of the skin until gets greasy. Wish the compact had a mirror. I paid $6.00 for two. Any way, you get what you pay for. I would prefer Cover Girl True Blend powder, Revlon Color Stay, or Maybelline Matte pressed powder over this one. I gave the other pack Rimmel powder to someone else. I will not repurchase.

on 9/28/2009 7:27:00 PM

I bought this to use for touch ups at work. Overall, I think it works pretty well. I blot my face with a Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing sheet first, and then brush on the powder to my T-zone. I stay "fresh" for a couple of hours.

My biggest complaint about this is the packaging. The lid will not stay on! Just a poor design. The idea is there - you're supposed to be able to twist the lid into place, but the groove is so shallow - the lid just pops right off. I would not carry this around in my purse or make-up bag. It lays flat in my drawer until I need it.

This is my second pan and I will continue to buy more.
Here's my daily routine:
1)Prime.
2)Conceal.
3)Foundation.
4) Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

So far, this hasn't failed me. The packaging doesn't bother me considering I don't carry it with me. I don't feel the need to because it keeps me nice and matte throughout the day. I took off one lippie because if you use it daily it runs out quickly.

on 9/28/2009 5:17:00 AM

I wear this powder in 001 Transparent, as I don't like my powder to add any colour to my skin. For the price, it's a real bargain - it is a good consistency and doesn't give a 'powdery' or ashy look. Doesn't last on my oily T-zone for more than a couple of hours though, and as other reviewers have said, the packaging makes it difficult to throw in your bag for quick touch-ups.

on 9/27/2009 6:50:00 PM

I also use this powder and Im another believer in it:)Yes,I do hate the package but what I do is..tie an elastic around the container,so that you can keep it in your purse.And that seems to work for me:)I work 8 hour shifts,so I might and might not have to reaply.Will I purchase this again?You betcha!

on 9/27/2009 6:27:00 PM

This powder goes on so silky and un-powdery it's great! Sets makeup perfectly without looking cakey or I guess...powdery.

As far as the packaging, it could really use powder puff AND a lid that stays on. But since it doesn't, I don't reapply during the day.

on 9/25/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really love the performance of this powder. On my 42 year old face, it doesn't look too powdery, which is so aging, it doesn't cake up, it does control the oilies pretty well. I usually apply another sweep in the late afternoon though, so the mattifying effect doesn't last all day for me. I bought the transparent shade. My only complaint with the product is the packaging. Like many others have said, it's very strange. It looks like it is supposed to screw closed, but it doesn't stay closed. If you wanted to put this in your handbag, this would definitely present you with some difficulties. I just keep it in my makeup drawer, so I haven't had a problem with that yet.

on 9/22/2009 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Packaging sucks, doesn't have room for a sponge and lid falls off. The powder is amazing and cheap, which makes up for all of this! As long as you keep it in a snug place in your bag it will be fine. Buy it and you won't be sorry... for $4 or so you can't expect it to be perfect, but as long as the actual product works it's worth it too me.

on 9/10/2009 2:58:00 AM

This is an ok powder. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's not a bad powder at that.

Video Reviews & Tutorials