Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 9/22/2009 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Packaging sucks, doesn't have room for a sponge and lid falls off. The powder is amazing and cheap, which makes up for all of this! As long as you keep it in a snug place in your bag it will be fine. Buy it and you won't be sorry... for $4 or so you can't expect it to be perfect, but as long as the actual product works it's worth it too me.

on 9/10/2009 2:58:00 AM

This is an ok powder. It's not my absolute favorite, but it's not a bad powder at that.

on 9/9/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice powder that I use to set my liquid foundation. I got it in 004 Sandstorm which doesn't seem to add much color to my face, which is good. It makes my face matte and removes shine without looking chalky or cakey at all. I tried Blot Powder by MAC before this and, honestly, they work exactly the same and this is 5x cheaper. I will certainly continue to use this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't realise how good this powder was until I switched brands. It keeps my skin almost perfectly matte for up to three hours, which is remarkable considering my skin normally resembles an oil slick. I use it in translucent. It gives a little extra coverage and sets my foundation perfectly, and doesn't look chalky, heavy or flaky. I only have to touch up once a day, twice if it's sunny or extremely rainy. The only complaint I have is the packaging, it's really flimsy, the lid doesn't stay on and I've opened my makeup bag to find powder over everything before, so I usually tape the lid down to prevent that. And you haven't got much to lose as it's dirt cheap.

on 9/7/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Does what it says! Takes the shine away I've been told that your powder should be 3 shades lighter than your foundation, and following that advice I chose Sandstorm and the shade is perfect. I do have a problem with the fact that the lid doesn't screw on and doesn't seem like it snaps on either it just kind of sits there. So far it hasn't come off in my makeup bag, but I can see how it would. Overall a good product that I would repurchase.

on 8/28/2009 4:25:00 PM

I'm constantly on the lookout for the best kind of shine reducing light powder, even though I have loved and been (fairly) faithful to MAC Blot for years and years. When I came across reviews for Rimmel's Stay Matte, I didn't have anything to lose but about $5 CDN, so I went and purchased it. And I am quite pleasantly surprised.

For my NC25-30 skin, I went with Transparent. Keep in mind I have a very oily complexion, so what I do may be overkill for some. What I do is blot with Shiseido's blotting papers first, and then take my small MAC kabuki and dust on Stay Matte over my nose, cheeks and forehead. It is so silky, and never cakes. My skin looks glowy, not flat, and while there's not a lot of coverage, it still evens out any subtle redness. I'm impressed.

One complaint I have, however, is the packaging. I can stand having no applicator (I don't use them anyway) but to have it in anything other than a compact form seems silly.

on 8/27/2009 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder for daily touchups. Didn't care for it at all. I found it heavy/cakey regardless if I applied it with a puff or brush. Noticed a few clogged pores too.

on 8/27/2009 5:47:00 AM

I bought this inexpensive pressed powder in 'Peach Glow'. NEVER has a powder matched my skin so perfectly and kept my oily nose as matte as this.

on 8/26/2009 7:49:00 PM

i really really wanted to love this product. my face is ridiculously oily during the hot humid summer months.. i saw this at Walmart and i had a coupon for it, so i figured what the heck... i wore it for a few days, during the 118 degree heat we were having a few weeks back... it stayed on perfectly!! no intense shine i have always had!! i was so excited... of course, something had to go wrong.. day four, my skin couldn't take it anymore.. it burned and tingled my face forever.. even after i washed it off.. it felt like i was wearing DuWop Lip Venom on my skin.. i am guessing it has that dreaded ingredient Bismuth in it.. its the only ingredient i am allergic to, and i can't wear BE because of it.. so sad. curse my sensitive skin!!!

on 8/26/2009 7:29:00 PM

Fantastic setting powder!! The shade I purchased was translucent and it was on sale for $4...nice!! I really wanted to try this powder based on all the positive reviews, and I was not disappointed. I apply it with a large fluffy brush to set my foundation and it actually preforms to it's name. Leaves my skin matte, but not at all chalky or dry. Keeps my makeup looking fresh for a fraction of the price of other powder products that I have tried or loved. Never oxidizes nor gets cakey throughout the day. Fantastic find and bargain! Definitely worth recommending.

Video Reviews & Tutorials