December 18, 2014 | 1197 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by J4YDER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To start off with, the colour for my skin tone was a perfect pale, therefore I could apply as much powder as I wanted without the fear of worrying about weather I was turning orange.
It made all my make-up stay in place and gave a lovely finish.
To be it simply, It did what it said on the tin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by gazeawareness

I absolutely adore this powder. The reasons are fairly simple: the powder goes on smooth and provides me with matte finish. My face obtains that porcelain-doll appearance - perfect and flawless day in and day out! However, one of the main disadvantages that this does not come in a compact form! I do think it would be ever so convenient if it did, so that I could carry it around without being afraid that it might transform my vanity into a huge mess by the time of my arrival!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by mynamescharly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of my favourite pressed powders, especially for the price.
It goes on well and is light enough that even when wearing over foundation i dont feel like im wearing a tonne of makeup.
The only downside is i dont think the packaging is overly durable, ive had a few break whilst carrying them around in my makeup bag, which is an annoyance when you come to find all your over makeup covered in powder.

But overall a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by petiterocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A Wal-Mart special! this is my standby pressed powder- i love the way it mattifies my skin...the staying power is a plus, too. The packaging, however, could be improved, as it comes with no sponge, puff, or mirror. It's annoying to have to uncap it; it should really be made into a compact to make handling/application easier. Other than that, I love this powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a good value for what you get. It is a very effective powder that controls oil throughout the day. I put this on over my foundation in the morning. If this was in a fancy package and sold at high end stores, it would cost more than 4 times the cost. The package is not that nice, but I don't mind because it's what's inside that counts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mimi033

My HG pressed powder!
I bring this to school, and I love it!
It's great after P.E, it soaks up the oil great!
I have this in 005 Sliky Beige and it matches my skin great! It makes my skin glow! And minimizes my pores as well!
Must buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

For years now I have tended to steer clear of Rimmel's makeup products mainly b/c when they came out I wasn't impressed with a lot of the products I tried (ie. eyeshadows, mascara etc). So when I was looking for a new powder I checked MUA and this one kept coming up so I picked it up on sale for $3 at my local drugstore.
This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder out there right now. I cannot believe the quality of it and how well it sits on your skin. 5 hour coverage is a stretch, but when it goes on, it goes on smooth and holds well and controls shine well. Totally worth the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by kimlan720

I think this is a great product. Yes, it doesn't deliver what it says it can, "shine free up to 5 hrs" but it still does a pretty good job, this is the first product I've found that controls my oily skin. It has definitely become a staple product for me. My only complaint would be the packaging...if it came in a compact w/ mirror, my life would be much easier.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by 1995shand

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder is a pretty good powder!! :) I would purchase again, even thought the packing sucks. A lot of people say their lids falls off in their makeup bag but all you have to do is twist the lid a little and it will stay on! People also say it makes your skin look dry, I have dry skin but my t-zone is very oily and it doesnt make my skin loo dry, when applied to my t-zone it gets rid of all the oil :) i got mine at shoppers drug mart on sale for $4.99 but at regular price is about $6. Overall is a decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by arandmon

This is an ok product. I'm on my 3rd one so i guess it;s all right. I like this pwder because it gives me a finished look. I use it as a setting powder to set my liquid foundation. What I don;t like about it is that I have to reapply it after 2 or 3 hrs. It says it controls oil for 5 hrs. not true at least for me. I tend to get oly skin as it gets hotter and this product controls oil for a few hrs only. Super cheap, packaging sucks, good for people with not so oily skin.