August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by CCFiregirl93

I have been using this for about two weeks and i wear it over my stay matte liquid foundation. i use this or mark on a normal basis and bare minerals on special occassions.
But i have found that i look flawless when i combined the two! its great and its only $4 most of the time!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome powder - I find I use it more often than even some of my more expensive stuff - but the packaging is awful as said below - mine broke, too and that is a nuisance. But the product is excellent. Very smooth and not cakey, no weird smells, not orange-y or fakey looking, just a silky texture that is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by LaSenzual

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this powder throughout the day because my skin gets oily very quickly. I love it! I will definitely repurchase - very cheap! It also matches my skin tone very well and looks very natural. However the one thing that annoys me about the product is the packaging - countless times I have dropped it accidently and it has all smashed and gone everywhere and is unusable. The plastic lid also cracks very easily which is a nuisance - I carry this around in my bag everywhere so it would be ideal if the packaging was a little more durable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You get what you pay for in most cases, and it's true in this one. I got the transluscent and it made me look ghost-like. It didn't look natural and it didn't keep me matte enough. I just really don't like pressed powder. Plus I think this powder was the reason for my recent horrible breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cheerioqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing coverage, nice dewy look. Cons: Cakey, not long lasting, goes everywhere(horrible packaging), not meant for travel of any kind. I might try again with a kabuki brush.
EDIT: Found out that Rimmel tests on animals. Not planning on repurchasing. Still wouldn't repurchase if they didn't. Far too orange.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder to add some yellowy tones to my foundations that never seem to match my skintone perfectly, and to keep my mu from sliding off mid-day...

Ö♥ Color: I purchased the shade Transparent, itís a very light neutral-yellowish shade that would complement all fair to medium skintones. It doesnít oxidize or turn darker on me.

♥ Packaging: I think Rimmel has changed the pot, because now it has a black base with a transparent lid. The lid sits quite stable on the pot and doesnít come off in my makeup bag.

♥ Consistency: itís a very finely milled pressed powder and goes on quite smooth. If you overapply, it will look cakey, but what wonítÖI apply Stay Matte with a fluffy soft powder brush in quick and long downward strokes on my forehead and down my nose.

♥ Lasting power: I gotta say this powder keeps my makeup looking fresh for longer than any other powder Iíve ever tried. I have at least 5 shine-free hours with this on, meaning that oil doesnít start breaking through in little patches on my t-zone. I first sweep my powder brush over my Artdeco loose fixing powder, then swirl it in Stay Matte Ė this makes pressed powder go on a bit less thick and more luminescent. My makeup and this powder seem to like each other, they donít start to separate or become grainy.

♥ Look: I always dread the heavy cakey made-up look pressed powders can give, especially on uneven skin texture. This powder, however, makes my skin look really even and poreless, it improves the coverage and finish of any foundation. íDilutingí it with some transparent loose powder gives a natural soft matte finish.

♥ Overall: a really product for the price, I donít think pressed powder gets any better than this. It controls oil well, comes in believable and natural colors (something I keep praising Rimmel for) and looks smooth when applied. The packaging is totally not fancy, but who cares? You also seem to get a lot of product in the pot, I probably wonít have to repurchase anytime soon.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

First of all, who would sell a pressed powder with no powder puff?! Secondly, a screw off lid, just strange...I bought Transparent and only bought it hoping to use a tiny dusting over my concealer to set it because another MUA user used the old discontinued Rimmel powder to set her concealer. Well...no matter how tiny of the amount I lightly dusted on, it aged me 10 years, just total crepiness...Will not repurchase or use again even for a face powder, as I use MAC blot and don't trust anything else :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A great powder for the price. I paid $5.99 at Target. I wear Translucent. It's a nice, sheer powder - great for eliminating shine and setting makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! It keeps my skin matte way longer than anything that I've tried. It has a very light, fresh scent.

It doesn't come with a sponge, but I'm not complaining! (I always throw those out anyways-totally useless) The lid is not connected to the compact, but I prefer it that way. Just don't forget where you put it down. There is no mirror either, but powder always gets over the mirrors and I never use them anyways. People have said that the top falls off easily, but I put mine in a makeup bag and have had no problem.

My only complaint is that I broke out when I used it. So I stopped and went back to my old powder and then after a week, I used this again. I had little zits by the end of the day, and the only thing that I did differently was use this stuff from Rimmel.

I was SO disappointed! This was like my HG, but I will not repurchase this or use this again because I'd rather be shiny than have breakouts. I will try this again in another week, and if I breakout, then it will be thrown out. I don't even have very acne-prone skin, so it must be something in here. I can't find the ingredients online or on the package to compare them.

I would not recomend this just for the breakout reason.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

the first time i used this was when i was out one night, i was drinking and i had the 'asian blush', i used a powder puff (which i bought separately) and it actually partly covered the 'blush' which surprised me. i tried using a powder brush to apply it this morning and it didnt work as well, my brush did not pick up the poweder well and it didnt make my skin oil free for long. This is better for touch ups during the day. but the packaging is crap, the lid does not stay on, theres no mirror. i dont know why i gave this product 4 lippys, since there are so many bad things about this product, but i do like this product alot, though i wont but this again because if i just paid around $5 more, i would be able to get a pressed powder with a mirror (which is really important to me)