November 29, 2014 | 977 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

For years now I have tended to steer clear of Rimmel's makeup products mainly b/c when they came out I wasn't impressed with a lot of the products I tried (ie. eyeshadows, mascara etc). So when I was looking for a new powder I checked MUA and this one kept coming up so I picked it up on sale for $3 at my local drugstore.
This is by far the best drugstore pressed powder out there right now. I cannot believe the quality of it and how well it sits on your skin. 5 hour coverage is a stretch, but when it goes on, it goes on smooth and holds well and controls shine well. Totally worth the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by kimlan720

I think this is a great product. Yes, it doesn't deliver what it says it can, "shine free up to 5 hrs" but it still does a pretty good job, this is the first product I've found that controls my oily skin. It has definitely become a staple product for me. My only complaint would be the packaging...if it came in a compact w/ mirror, my life would be much easier.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by 1995shand

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder is a pretty good powder!! :) I would purchase again, even thought the packing sucks. A lot of people say their lids falls off in their makeup bag but all you have to do is twist the lid a little and it will stay on! People also say it makes your skin look dry, I have dry skin but my t-zone is very oily and it doesnt make my skin loo dry, when applied to my t-zone it gets rid of all the oil :) i got mine at shoppers drug mart on sale for $4.99 but at regular price is about $6. Overall is a decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by arandmon

This is an ok product. I'm on my 3rd one so i guess it;s all right. I like this pwder because it gives me a finished look. I use it as a setting powder to set my liquid foundation. What I don;t like about it is that I have to reapply it after 2 or 3 hrs. It says it controls oil for 5 hrs. not true at least for me. I tend to get oly skin as it gets hotter and this product controls oil for a few hrs only. Super cheap, packaging sucks, good for people with not so oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by BerrymintCharm

i have this in the shade 001 transparent, it claims that it controls shine for up to 5 hours on the back of the package, even though that is not completely true, it's still very impressive, 2-3 hours is pretty good for a drugstore product that doesn't break me out, feels silky on the skin and gives me a nice complexion.

although in the winter time, if you are to use this product, don't forget to moisturize, because it does tend to show your dry patches!!

EDITTT: So i used this for a while and..yes of course it would end up breaking me out right...? i'm really disappointed in this and am not happy that i wasted my money. but this is still a good product, i still recommend it to others, it's just not for myself :(

overall, a 5/5, i believe there are better products out there, but this will do for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by doublej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Transparent and the slight color it gives matches my fair with yellow undertones skin perfectly. I use it to set my liquid, mousse or mineral foundations. I wish I could carry it with me for touch-ups but the container does not allow for that. It has a flimsy plastic lid that easily comes off and there is no mirror or space for a powder puff. The price is great and the color is very similar to Sephora's D10 pressed powder (which also doesn't have a mirror so I think I'll be saving my $ and buying this Rimmel one from now on).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I really like this product. It keeps everything in place and it's a good price. I would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by blink182girl03

I love this powder!! I just don't like the packaging but other then that I will definetly buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

Color: I have this in transparent, so no color
Texture: Very smooth and blendable
Finish: Not cakey at all, absorbs oil pretty well, not for a long time but it makes my skin looks polished
Packaging: No brush or mirror, I like this kind of packaging because you get a lot more product
Value: Very good, it's ~$5 and it's a great powder
Overall: I would recommend it to anyone with oily skin to set your makeup or touch up during the day, it's a very natural-looking powder, you cannot tell if anything's even on your face, other than the fact that the oil is gone =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this! I have the sandstorm. I am impressed how well this controls my oil and it sets my makeup well. Gives a nice sheer finish. And the best part is it's so cheap. The container is kind of cheap but it's what's inside that counts. Why spend alot when you don't have too!