Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 1/25/2010 7:54:00 PM

I love this powder! I use a brush to apply this to set my makeup or for touch ups when I get shiny. It controls oil pretty well. The only downside is the packaging but it's ok if it keeps the cost down, right? I have this in transparent because the other two colors looks weird and dirty on my asian skin...don't know why.

on 1/23/2010 12:53:00 AM

I loved this product at first--until I realized it was breaking me out. It's a very heavy powder and is quite noticeable no matter how lightly you apply. The packaging is not the best; it has a flimsy plastic lid with no latch. Instead, the lid screws on but does not shut tightly and thus comes off very easily. Don't throw this one in your purse unless you want to have powder on all of its contents. It was an ok powder for its time but I have since switched to MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish.

on 1/20/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use the translucent powder to set my liquid makeup, and it does the job! Only takes a little bit, too. Controls oil pretty and stays pretty well, especially considering how cheap it is! As others have said, the packaging isn't ideal, but I don't really need to take it with me in my purse so it's fine. Would definitely re-purchase this.

on 1/17/2010 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Good basic finishing powder. It takes away the oily look I get after applying sun cream. Decent price too, about $12 in Australia. This is the one product I think I'm actually going to finish!

on 1/5/2010 7:42:00 PM

The packaging for this product was different, kind of interesting. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. It was also pretty shallow so when I accidentally dropped it, it shattered. I used this press powder alone right after I applied moisturizer and sunscreen. It kept shine away for maybe an hour to an hour and a half, not five hours like it claims on the package.

on 1/5/2010 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just an average powder. It's decent for the price but it doesn't mattify you for more than two to three hours. This would be okay if this powder was portable, but the bad packaging makes it impossible to put in your purse so you can't reapply either. It also doesn't come with a sponge or puff, so you should have your own brush or puff if you want to buy this. It also gives you a powdery appearance.

on 1/3/2010 7:47:00 PM

This has completely redeemed Rimmel for me. I usually use MAC mineralise skin finish natural as my setting powder, but it isn't great for photos or hot weather...so I wanted something to set my makeup for the New Year's Eve just gone which was a hot, warm night with guaranteed pictures. But, I also didn't have a tonne of cash to fork out on it either. Thank goodness for MUA, or I never would have looked at this. This powder is finely milled, and kept me matte (but still glowy) for about 7 hours until I washed it off...and it has worked just as well my past few shifts at work. I bought this in 'Transparent' since I'm very pale, and this is the right colour for me..I don't think it's entirely transparent. I only need a tiny bit applied to my t-zone with a brush to get the best effect...so I think this is going to last me ages. Only complaint is the packaging, the lid seems like it would fall off at the slightest movement which makes it hard to transport. Plus, mine looks different to the above pictures and has 'new'...so hopefully the formula hasn't changed for older users. But considering how well it works, and that it doesn't give me a rash or acne like so many products, I can put up with it. I would definitely recommend, for only $13AUD, it's a bargain.

on 12/25/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love this powder. i use a buffer brush to apply it, i find that with a powder brush it makes you look cakey. It really does absorb shine and it covers my large pores. The only problem that i have with this is the packaging,the lid falls off and powder comes out in my purse but i will repurchase!!

This stuff is great.

The colours are a little limiting, but luckily one of them works for me.
I like that the colours are mostly a neutral beige base, as opposed to a pinky or orangey base. Very true neutral.

It goes on smoothly and evenly. It leaves a very nice matte finish without being cakey or looking too powdered.

I find it absorbs oil throughout the day well, because I rarely have to reapply.
If you do need to reapply, I suggest first blotting or wiping some off the t-zone (or where you tend to get oiliest) THEN reapplying so you don't end up with areas that look heavily packed with makeup. For some reason, I find it tends to cake to oil if you reapply directly over the oily spots.

The price is right, and it travels well.

on 12/21/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am in love with this powder. It does indeed give a perfect matte finish for the very old-fashioned look I like, it smells nice, and it's very economical. Best of all, and this is the thing I have seen the most complaints about, I love the packaging. It is easy to de-pot, and it fits perfectly in my antique powder compact. I thought I was going to have to start buying Estee Lauder powder at ten bucks a pop. This costs less than half that! Win!