Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

hmm the problem i have with this is that the sponge always seems to collect the est of your makeup and then ruins your powder and it always has to go in the bin before its finished. its an ok powder it stops shine and its a good price, bu for me i like a slightly better coveage and i dont think this powder does that. but i would buy this again when im stuck for powder simply for the price and it is effective just no the best powder i have used in my life

on 5/21/2010 4:46:00 AM

MAC Studiofix pressed powder was a must have for me, but it is so expensive for a pressed powder. I have good luck with Rimmel products, so I decided to try the stay matte pressed powder.

I LOVE IT. I honestly think its better than studiofix. I use it on top of dream matte mousse foundation and it stays all day! I get so many compliments and people asking me what I use on my skin. I will buy this forever! I apply it with a round sponge (like the one that comes with the MAC studio fix), and it is amazing!

Only complaint is that the packaging is cheap and the lid doesnt really stay on, but i can live with that so it doesnt bother me.

on 5/17/2010 6:30:00 PM

Firstly, I don't suffer from oily skin, and so I don't know whether or not this powder is good for those who do.

However, as someone who suffers from eczema, I would recommend that people of the same skin type do not use this product ! Even when I put a small amount in some areas over my foundation, it left me with really dry patches that lasted for a couple of days AFTER I'd started using the product.

It's also quite cakey, and almost impossible to blend if like me, you don't like to wear a lot of makeup.
Normally I don't scrimp on skin products, but in this case I did - while the powder is cheap, the look it gives you is too, and the packaging is way too flimsy.

on 5/12/2010 3:29:00 PM

LOVING this stuff! It works as well as MAC without the exhorbitant price tag & without breaking me out(Yes, MAC actually breaks me out if you can believe that!). Yes, I need to touch it up a few times a day, but it lasts WAY longer than any other powder I've tried. The price is right, $4 at Wally World for a VERY generous amount(about half an ounce), It doesn't cake up & look gross, I don't think the fragrance is really necessary but it doesn't cause any problems(and it's not offensive), and the only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's not even the fact that its a 2-piece container, but they need to include a puff & a mirror.

on 5/9/2010 4:58:00 PM

This seems o.k. but I guess I'm disappointed. I was looking for an alternative to my MAC Blot powder which I have used for probably 10 years now. I picked this up at CVS because they were having a sale. I got the Translucent color which is, indeed translucent. It seems to hold back oil but not nearly as well as Blot does for me. I had to reapply every couple of hours which just doesn't work for me. I am willing to do a midday reapply but I don't want to have to check the mirror 10 times a day to see if I have oil breakthrough. I'm too busy for that. I'll use this up but will continue to look for some better options. (Edit: I'm talking this down to 2 lipsticks. It just doesn't do a good job at controlling oil on my face. I am constantly having to reapply.)

on 5/7/2010 7:19:00 PM

I bought this mattifying powder to....mattify my face. However, when I walked out of walgreens and opened the package in the sunlight I noticed a very light shimmer in the powder. Why would a powder that claimed to take away shine put shine inducing shimmer into the product? I have pores I'd like to make look smaller, not inhance them with shimmer. I even went into the store and wiped off the top layer of the powder with a paper towel and had the counter girl look at it, and yep, packed with a very fine shimmer, almost only visible in sunlight. Hey, maybe all pressed powders have a fine shimmer but I've never noticed and it really turned me off!

on 5/6/2010 1:34:00 PM

My skin isn't at all oily, so I jsut brush a small amount of this over my make up, and I find it really effective for keeping everything in place. My main use for this product is to set lipstick. In "Transparent" ot is sheer enough to seal my lipstick without altering the colour. The packaging is a let down, as it makes it difficult to carry around. I find this product excellent value for money, and love it over lipstick.

on 5/5/2010 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this product (Silky Beige, although I always tell myself I could go one shade lighter) for the past 6 years. Rimmel has recently rebranded this item to include "Natural Shine Control with Natural Minerals". I was a little sceptical when I saw the rebranding and hoped they hadn't added any harsh ingredients, but luckily, they didn't.

I apply this powder after applying my cream foundation just to take away any instant shine around my nose and mouth.

Unfortunately, the "shine control" only lasts a couple of hours before I have a shiny t-zone again. I end up having to re-apply this powder about twice a day, but thankfully it doesn't cake your face and make you look overly made-up.

If I could find a better powder that controls my shine for longer than a couple of hours then I may switch, but I've used this for so long now, I'm scared of changing it and having a bad reaction to something else as my skin is very sensitive and prone to break-outs.

I recommend this though as it's a lovely finish, doesn't cake and leaves me with a matte finish, even if it is just temporary.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite powder of all time! I use it over my PF healthy wear TM spf50 and I love it because it gives a natural finish, I use Sandstorm...& I apply with ecotools powder brush. And I've had no skin issues when using this. I don't care that the packaging has no mirror or sponge, because i don't need to blot my face often, and when I do I just go to the bathroom or use the passenger mirror (: I will never stray from this, as long as Rimmel never discontinues...

This is also my HG powder, its a staple in my makeup bin. I started wearing it when it first came out. I noticed that it was the only makeup line that had the perfect colors for my skintone. So, i would wear the lighter color in the winter and switch to the darker shade in the summer. I LOVE the consistency, it is not cakey or drying and it has never broke my skin out. 5 out of 5 for this product. However i wish it came with a compact applicator. So i always have to buy powder puffs to use with it.