Chanel No.5

3.5

on 7/30/2003 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this perfume. It is a classic, chic fragrance. I have worn Chanel No 5 for almost 10 years now and have not been sick of it. I am a VERY tough critic when it comes to fragrance, & I am the type of person who has to have VARIETY in my perfume wardrobe (min of 12 different fragrances)-- Marilyn was right when she picked this.. very sexy.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

And so I dig up my little sample vial of Chanel No. 5 and read the reviews of it on the boards... Marilyn envy... ladylike... the Dom Perignon of perfumes! I will wear Chanel No. 5 when I am eighty and eccentric, and I will give it to my granddaughters as their first fragrance. It's simply the most revered classic in history. Mwah!

on 6/13/2003 2:47:00 AM

This was my first real 'grown up' perfume. I dont think it is the greatest perfume created of all time, but I still love it! Consists of jasmine, ylang ylang, vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli plus aldehydes.

on 5/20/2003 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Years ago, Chanel No 5 used to smell like ditch water on me, although as I have aged, my skin actually likes this perfume now. I call it my hug, it is a very comforting smell. And still a great classic.

on 5/13/2003 8:49:00 PM

This is a warm, soft, powdery-with-an-edge, sophisticated yet easygoing scent. It works best for me on cooler, rainy days. Something about it makes me feel very cozy and clean. I actually prefer this for day, casual wear, but everyone is different.

on 5/13/2003 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Chanel #5 pure parfum is a true classic, one of the very best fragrances in the world. Musky floriental over sandalwood. I like the body lotion, body cream, and edp.

on 5/11/2003 9:14:00 PM

I keep seeing reviews about how it's an old ladyish perfume and their grandmothers wear this. So does my grandmother, but I still love it anyway. It's actually so reminiscent of her and I love that quality to it. I have the parfum and to my nose, it's a powdery, feminine scent...and there's somewhat of a soapy scent to it, which I like. I don't think it's overly "in your face" and I think it definitely gives you the unforgettable sexual appeal no matter what age you are - definitely a keeper!

on 5/11/2003 3:21:00 AM

A true classic -- the scent is timeless and I even feel more glamourous when I wear it! Definitely prefer the perfume to the EDT.

on 5/10/2003 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Although it's not my favourite fragrance... I do like it in a certain way, but only right when I spray it on because the drydown is too powdery for my taste. I can understand the psychological appeal to this fragrance-- it's been around for ages, it's considered THE perfume of perfumes and was Marilyn Monroe's favourite. However, in my opinion, there are many perfumes much better than this one.
Chanel # 5 is considered THE champagne of fragrances, despite the fact that there are better fragrances out there. All in all, it's a classic, that's for sure, and I'm positive that it will always remain so.

on 5/7/2003 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this is average. I don't see the big deal on why this is a classic scent. It's totally unexciting.

Popular Fragrances