December 22, 2014 | 879 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful, classic fragrance which was made first in the 1920s and is still a keeper today. The old ones can't be beat; there is nothing made nowadays that even comes close to becoming the beloved scents we know from the traditional houses. Like any scent, it does depend upon your personal make up, but there is something in the Chanel line for everyone. I have been wearing #5 for over twenty years and can't see myself giving it up any time soon. The classic bottle is still pretty impressive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Dina1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful fragrance, very feminine. I prefer EDT form. Chanel #5 bath and body line is absolutely lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by kirana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first "real" fragrance. I bought this one when I was still in Year 11. I loved it then and I still love it now. It's really beautiful and feminine, and it's not "too mature" at all. It's rather potent and it can be too sharp, so I always wear it very sparingly. The staying power is great, I can still smell it after wearing it more than 8 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Cane

God-awful gross. Marilyn, what were you thinking?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2003 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My Mother bought this for me because I enjoyed a sample of it I had. Maybe the sample was the perfume, because the cologne was horrible! I have allergies, and this scent is just too strong for me. Maybe it's the aldehydes in it. It IS a sophisticated fragrance with a distinctive scent--just not for me and my allergies!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyMelinda

This is my signature scent!! I've worn this for years, tried other fragrances, but always come back to the ever classy Chanel No. 5. I think this reacts well with my body chemistry because it smells warm and soft on me. When I get whiffs of it during the day I say to myself "Oooo I smell pretty!" and it makes me happy. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wa surprised to read that people think this is an "older" or "mature" scent. I've worn it since high school, and it's one of my favorites. Maybe there has been so much hype about it that there is a backlash against it, as there is against so many popular things. I think it's a warm, rich scent, not powdery at all. I only wear it at night though--it's a bit much for daytime in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Bon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite all time fragrance. I find it rich and warm. When I have a bad day I really look forward for a shower(I have the shower gel-sort of expensive but worth treating myself)than after shower some of the body lotion and a spritz of the EDT(I prefer the EDT to other forms). When I wear this during the day I find it to be a timeless and classic fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 12:41:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to join the naysayers and add my "heck, no!" to this fragrance. I actually got 2 sample bottles about 12 years ago, when I was quite young; I couldn't understand why people were fawning all over it, and I'm not understanding the appeal now, either, after all this time. It's not so much that it smells like an old lady (ones I know don't smell like this!), but that it's just too aldehylic and too...*chemical* smelling for me. Plus, it's way too strong; there's just no subtlety in it. Too much hype and too pricey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 11:19:00 PM More reviews by breezybri

I've never understood the appeal of this. To be quite honest, I think the high price tag and the fact that it is touted by so-called classy socialites make something click in the subconscious. I sprayed it lightly on my wrist once in a department store and it was so strong that I couldn't concentrate on anything other than that scent. Everywhere I went, it invaded my nostrils. I almost felt embarassed because I had to continue shopping and I felt horrible for exposing the other shoppers to the awful smell. It seems like every Vogue and Bazaar magazine features some article with a lunching lady or an actress who go on and on about "Chanel no. 5 always and forever my signature fragrance" and SO HELP ME, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.