October 25, 2014 | 1520 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyMelinda

This is my signature scent!! I've worn this for years, tried other fragrances, but always come back to the ever classy Chanel No. 5. I think this reacts well with my body chemistry because it smells warm and soft on me. When I get whiffs of it during the day I say to myself "Oooo I smell pretty!" and it makes me happy. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wa surprised to read that people think this is an "older" or "mature" scent. I've worn it since high school, and it's one of my favorites. Maybe there has been so much hype about it that there is a backlash against it, as there is against so many popular things. I think it's a warm, rich scent, not powdery at all. I only wear it at night though--it's a bit much for daytime in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Bon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite all time fragrance. I find it rich and warm. When I have a bad day I really look forward for a shower(I have the shower gel-sort of expensive but worth treating myself)than after shower some of the body lotion and a spritz of the EDT(I prefer the EDT to other forms). When I wear this during the day I find it to be a timeless and classic fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 12:41:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to join the naysayers and add my "heck, no!" to this fragrance. I actually got 2 sample bottles about 12 years ago, when I was quite young; I couldn't understand why people were fawning all over it, and I'm not understanding the appeal now, either, after all this time. It's not so much that it smells like an old lady (ones I know don't smell like this!), but that it's just too aldehylic and too...*chemical* smelling for me. Plus, it's way too strong; there's just no subtlety in it. Too much hype and too pricey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 11:19:00 PM More reviews by breezybri

I've never understood the appeal of this. To be quite honest, I think the high price tag and the fact that it is touted by so-called classy socialites make something click in the subconscious. I sprayed it lightly on my wrist once in a department store and it was so strong that I couldn't concentrate on anything other than that scent. Everywhere I went, it invaded my nostrils. I almost felt embarassed because I had to continue shopping and I felt horrible for exposing the other shoppers to the awful smell. It seems like every Vogue and Bazaar magazine features some article with a lunching lady or an actress who go on and on about "Chanel no. 5 always and forever my signature fragrance" and SO HELP ME, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2003 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jiji

It's been one of my favs for more than 20 years since I was a kid. I understand for some people, how it smells little MATURE. I think it's gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2003 1:34:00 AM More reviews by chevstriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

men love this. so what if maybe his grandmother wore it? it worked on grandpa, it'll work on your date. A man buying you a bottle of this is the ultimate compliment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Ruby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer the EDT in this scent. the parfum I find too sharp and sweet. The EDT is sweet, yet softer and muskier, less of a "statement". I also like the bath oil (worn as perfume on the skin) and the lotion. The spray body oil is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2003 5:28:00 PM More reviews by nemesees

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

womanly, hormonal, powdery. the
whole line of products is jaw
dropping fabulous, although the
edt is a bit harsh. i believe
this fragrance is meant to be used in pure perfume form,
layered on top of the bath line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Redd

This is THE classic scent. I'm convinced that this is what heaven will smell like. It's soft, floral and completely feminine. I'm not very good at describing scents but I do know that this scent is mature and might be categorized by some as an old lady scent, just not by me. I think it's as fresh today as it must have been in the 1930's and well worth the whopping $95-oz price tag.