Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 10/30/2005 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my HG mascara, frickin brilliant stuff. Cheap as dirt. It's a great waterproof mascara, holds my artificially curled lashes....lengthens them, seperates them, darkens them, lasts all day....basically does everything I want a mascara to do. Did I mention it's cheap as dirt? I've experimented with countless other brands........Dior, Lancome, L'Oreal, Clinique, etc etc....and this is by far the best. I'll continue to buy this forever. Woo hoo.

on 10/28/2005 6:07:00 PM

When I ran out of the regular version which I was very happy with, I decided Why not try the waterproof version. It had many of the same good qualities - it goes on clean and does not clump; however, this SMUDGES SO MUCH on me, beginning within an hour of application. I like the regular (not-waterproof) the best of any mascara I've tried (not many).

Full and Soft mascara by Maybelline does what it says. Makes your lashes Full and Soft! When I want to lengthen my lashes and make them thicker I combine Full and Soft with Illegal Lengths (also by Maybelline). After a few coats It really thickens my lashes and stays even after I get water near my eyes, sometimes even hard to get off even with eye makeup remover. Though It does tend to dry out much more quickly than my other maybelline mascaras, a definite HG for me. =)

on 10/11/2005 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Late to the party as usual :) I just tried this after years of hearing about it on the mu board, but not believing because most raved-about things don't work for me (MF Lash Perfection, I'm talking to you). This was different. I got Very Black and it is; then even after 3 coats, I had longer, lusher, separated, fulller and yes, softer lashes than 99% of the mascaras I've used, just like they promised. No flaking, smudging, smearing, irritation, clumping or combing required. It wore well and held my curl nicely all day into the night. I didn't have any problem with it being less-than-waterproof (and I tested it by using eye drops for contacts with no raccoon eye fallout whatsoever). I like the big brush; it even got my small/corner lashes. F&S won't totally replace my va-va-voom Volum' Express Turbo, but it definitely deserves it's very own spot in my my mu case and between these two I'll never go back to high end.

on 10/11/2005 12:10:00 PM

I think this is my new favorite mascara. I tried the regular, washable version of this mascara awhile ago and liked how it made my lashes look...well, full and soft. But it was not much good at holding a curl so I abandoned it.

I've been on a DG mascara hunt lately and have been disappointed with my recent try-outs in one way or another: Maybelline Sky High Curves (held a curl fairly well, but dried up and got clumpy very quickly); Max Factor 2000 Calorie (too dry, no curl-holding ability at all), Lash Lift (actually not bad but reserved for 'au natural' days); Cover Girl Waterproof Multiplying (decent curl-holding ability but zero thickening or lengthening), Fantastic Lash (too dry and got clumpy very quickly); Neutrogena Full Volume (very waxy, weighed down lashes); Jane Hi-Fiber (worthless). I'm mainly looking for a) curl-holding ability b) some lengthening and thickening c) no/very minimal smearing or flaking. Other things like color, ease of removal or how my lashes feel (stiff, etc.) aren't that important to me.

I have this in the dark brown color, which just looks black to me though I have true black hair. The brush is definitely too big and puffy and makes it difficult to get close to the base of your lashes or at the corners (I have shallowly-set eyes) without smearing mascara on your upper lids. A minor annoyance. The formula is nicely 'wet' but doesn't take forever to dry and is not clumpy at all. One coat gives a natural look--darkened, defined, and slightly fuller. Two coats gives a somewhat more dramatic look (let's say, super-natural). Plus, it holds a curl all day (with the help of my Eyecurl) and just looks beautiful. It dries stiffer than the regular formula but I don't mind since I've come to realize that (wetter formula =) stiffer lashes = better curl-holding ability. This doesn't make them brittle either and I use lash conditioners religiously so I'm not too worried about damage.

This is quite affordable at around 7 USD for a tube (and it probably won't dry out too quickly if it is anything like the regular version). Packaging is a simple, sleek silver tube with blue lettering. Brush could be improved (I would love to try the curved brush version of this but haven't been able to find it) but overall, I'm very pleased with this mascara and would repurchase.

I don't know what happened between the last time I bought this and now, but it doesn't work near as good as it used to! Maybe I didn't get the waterproof kind last time, although I'm almost positive I did. It just doesn't go on very well, seperates my lashes too much (it does get every lash though), and gets all below my bottom lashes. I do give it props for giving me much more length though...it's great for that, but if you're looking for thick, full lashes...I'd say try Fantastic lash or something else. I used to love this stuff, I'm bummed that it doesn't do what it used to for me and my mama says the exact same thing!

on 9/20/2005 7:27:00 PM

Just as the name implies, full and soft. This gives a very natural enhanced look. It plumps up the lashes a little with no hardness. Staying power is quite good, I only got a little bit of smudges at the end of the day. It doesn't lenghthen though, which is why I tend to use this as an everyday mascara. I usually go for a no makeup look on weekdays and this is perfect for that. Smudging is very, very minimal on me which was quite a surprise because a lot of smudgeproof, waterproof formulas still smudge on me.

on 9/11/2005 4:36:00 PM

I have pretty long lashes, and they're already black, but sometimes I want them to look fuller. I don't wear mascara often but when I do I want something that won't dry hard and brittle, so after reading reviews on MUA I decided to try this one.

PROS: This did make my lashes look a bit thicker but still natural, and it did dry much softer than most mascaras. I noticed the smell but actually thought it smelled pleasant... maybe that's just me. It held a curl nicely. And it stayed on... when I went to remove it at night there was still plenty on my lashes.

CONS: It smeared! I went shopping, looked in the mirror when I came back, and had serious black smudges under my eyes. I don't think I had even been rubbing them. I read reviews that the non-waterproof stays on better, so maybe I'll try that next time.

continued >>

on 8/14/2005 2:14:00 AM

i probably have every maybelline mascara ever made, and this is one of my favorites. works really well after curling and doens't smudge all day. the only thing is that it smells a little but not a big problem. great for a drugstrore brand formula, and cheap.

on 8/1/2005 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am a mascara FREAK. I have never ever been able to find a mascara that does everything that I want it to - lengthen, separate, volumize, keep my curl, and not clump. I have tried countless brands, and usually end up tossing the tube because it just doesn't live up to my expectations. With that in mind, I can honestly say that this is the most impressive mascara that I've ever used. The brush is great, it doesn't clump, you don't have to wipe any mascara off of the wand before each use, it gives great feathery volume and a little length, it doesn't smudge or flake, it comes off easily with makeup remover, and it most definitely keeps the curl. I will be sticking with this mascara from now on!
UPDATE: I just bought this mascara in the non waterproof form, and it is not nearly as nice. It does not hold the curl like the waterproof does, and it flakes a lot more. I will only be purchasing the waterproof version from now on.