December 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I think this is my new favorite mascara. I tried the regular, washable version of this mascara awhile ago and liked how it made my lashes look...well, full and soft. But it was not much good at holding a curl so I abandoned it.

I've been on a DG mascara hunt lately and have been disappointed with my recent try-outs in one way or another: Maybelline Sky High Curves (held a curl fairly well, but dried up and got clumpy very quickly); Max Factor 2000 Calorie (too dry, no curl-holding ability at all), Lash Lift (actually not bad but reserved for 'au natural' days); Cover Girl Waterproof Multiplying (decent curl-holding ability but zero thickening or lengthening), Fantastic Lash (too dry and got clumpy very quickly); Neutrogena Full Volume (very waxy, weighed down lashes); Jane Hi-Fiber (worthless). I'm mainly looking for a) curl-holding ability b) some lengthening and thickening c) no/very minimal smearing or flaking. Other things like color, ease of removal or how my lashes feel (stiff, etc.) aren't that important to me.

I have this in the dark brown color, which just looks black to me though I have true black hair. The brush is definitely too big and puffy and makes it difficult to get close to the base of your lashes or at the corners (I have shallowly-set eyes) without smearing mascara on your upper lids. A minor annoyance. The formula is nicely 'wet' but doesn't take forever to dry and is not clumpy at all. One coat gives a natural look--darkened, defined, and slightly fuller. Two coats gives a somewhat more dramatic look (let's say, super-natural). Plus, it holds a curl all day (with the help of my Eyecurl) and just looks beautiful. It dries stiffer than the regular formula but I don't mind since I've come to realize that (wetter formula =) stiffer lashes = better curl-holding ability. This doesn't make them brittle either and I use lash conditioners religiously so I'm not too worried about damage.

This is quite affordable at around 7 USD for a tube (and it probably won't dry out too quickly if it is anything like the regular version). Packaging is a simple, sleek silver tube with blue lettering. Brush could be improved (I would love to try the curved brush version of this but haven't been able to find it) but overall, I'm very pleased with this mascara and would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2005 7:19:00 AM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I don't know what happened between the last time I bought this and now, but it doesn't work near as good as it used to! Maybe I didn't get the waterproof kind last time, although I'm almost positive I did. It just doesn't go on very well, seperates my lashes too much (it does get every lash though), and gets all below my bottom lashes. I do give it props for giving me much more length though...it's great for that, but if you're looking for thick, full lashes...I'd say try Fantastic lash or something else. I used to love this stuff, I'm bummed that it doesn't do what it used to for me and my mama says the exact same thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just as the name implies, full and soft. This gives a very natural enhanced look. It plumps up the lashes a little with no hardness. Staying power is quite good, I only got a little bit of smudges at the end of the day. It doesn't lenghthen though, which is why I tend to use this as an everyday mascara. I usually go for a no makeup look on weekdays and this is perfect for that. Smudging is very, very minimal on me which was quite a surprise because a lot of smudgeproof, waterproof formulas still smudge on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by clnfox

I have pretty long lashes, and they're already black, but sometimes I want them to look fuller. I don't wear mascara often but when I do I want something that won't dry hard and brittle, so after reading reviews on MUA I decided to try this one.

PROS: This did make my lashes look a bit thicker but still natural, and it did dry much softer than most mascaras. I noticed the smell but actually thought it smelled pleasant... maybe that's just me. It held a curl nicely. And it stayed on... when I went to remove it at night there was still plenty on my lashes.

CONS: It smeared! I went shopping, looked in the mirror when I came back, and had serious black smudges under my eyes. I don't think I had even been rubbing them. I read reviews that the non-waterproof stays on better, so maybe I'll try that next time.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lanibabe13

i probably have every maybelline mascara ever made, and this is one of my favorites. works really well after curling and doens't smudge all day. the only thing is that it smells a little but not a big problem. great for a drugstrore brand formula, and cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2005 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

I am a mascara FREAK. I have never ever been able to find a mascara that does everything that I want it to - lengthen, separate, volumize, keep my curl, and not clump. I have tried countless brands, and usually end up tossing the tube because it just doesn't live up to my expectations. With that in mind, I can honestly say that this is the most impressive mascara that I've ever used. The brush is great, it doesn't clump, you don't have to wipe any mascara off of the wand before each use, it gives great feathery volume and a little length, it doesn't smudge or flake, it comes off easily with makeup remover, and it most definitely keeps the curl. I will be sticking with this mascara from now on!
UPDATE: I just bought this mascara in the non waterproof form, and it is not nearly as nice. It does not hold the curl like the waterproof does, and it flakes a lot more. I will only be purchasing the waterproof version from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sweeettart579

Coming from a girl who has tried every mascara on the planet (i must have 18+ fresh mascaras) this one is still my favorite. Although I get excited always rush out and by the newest mascara, I have yet to find one as good as this. Natural, long, soft, lush, and BEAUTIFUL. The regular formula is better, but i prefer waterproof bc I'm always on the go. It's been the best for years and I would highly recommend going out to buy it NOW! The price can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

What "Asian Vixon" said before me, I completely agree with; I think that her comments pretty much echo mine about this product. The formula wears well and holds up beautifully under water , doesn't clump and is very buildable, contrary to popular belief. This mascara has a soft quality to it, but it CAN make lashes go from every day to evening glamorous. Since I am always on the lookout for good lash building formulas that are versatile, I feel that this one can be an everyday mascara or it can be a natural, more dramatic evening mascara. I just love this stuff, I have it in the curved brush, regular and h20 proof formulas, great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 4:55:00 AM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara because it gave those soft, natural lashes i wanted. i have tried others and it sometimes gives me "spider lashes". It also holds the curl well after curling with an eyelash curler since i have long but straight lashes. It is buildable and its really waterproof. I liked the thick brush it gave because it coats all my lashes well. As long as i replace it every three to four months to prevent any smudging/build-up, its a perfect staple! UPDATE: i used to keep going back and forth with voluminous and this...finally shelled out for a high-end mascara (tarte/tarina tarantino) and cannot look back!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I have ever tried. My eyelashes are already very thick, so I don't know if it really did much in the way of making them thicker, but it did make them longer and they are so natural looking...with this stuff, its hard to tell if you are wearing mascara or not. It does have a funny smell, but its not a big deal, in my opinion. This formula is also very waterproof. Highly recommended!