October 25, 2014 | 1682 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kitsune

When I first picked this up, based on positive MUA reviews, I HATED it. It came out wet and sloppy, and I ended up smudgy and clumpy. I decided to give it another chance, seeing as I'd also been having eyelash curling issues that day which left me impatient and wasn't being as careful w/application as I usually am.

Packaging notes: I'd been using mascaras in shorter tubes recently, so initially the long handle unnerved me, but I love the fat bristly little brush. Also like the basic silvery tube, which isn't going to look scratched + beaten up after a few weeks in my makeup bag.

I am really glad I tried this mascara again, because it's working wonderfully for me. I curl, wipe excess off on a tissue, quickly sweep through once or twice (not waiting to dry between)and have a lovely separated fringe of lashes. I never have to comb either, which is KEY for me, as I *hate* having to take that extra step. I may be stubborn, but I honestly believe a good mascara should not have to be combed. I never apply mascara to lower lashes, as I have yet to find any mascara made by human hands that will hold up + not smudge undereye.

IMHO, this really gives the great natural-but-*much*-better look that I like -- not superthick baby calf lashes, but not unnoticable either. Doesn't make my lashes look sparse or thin, the way some separating mascaras can, and adds a little length and volume overall. More volume/fullness than "thickness." Really holds curl nicely (no damaging "refresher" w/the curler later in the day), doesn't seem to smudge on me unless I really rub, and really just gives a lovely flirty fringe. Fringe is really the best adjective for it, as another reviewer noted. I wouldn't say my lashes are super super soft, but they're definitely not as crispy as with other mascaras. I just really like the look this gives to my eyes.

My lashes: my lashes are naturally very dark (though of course get lighter toward the tip), long, medium fullness, but very straight-tending for a non-Asian.

Would never have tried this Maybelline mascara if it were't for MUA -- my drugstore loyalty usually lies with L'Oreal, and I've always associated Maybelline + Cover Girl with high school. Thanks MUA for breaking me out of my rut!
I can't seem to remain faithful to any mascara for more than a tube, and am always trying something new, so no 5 lippies for this until I've been using it for longer. We'll see! Could be an HG in the making.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SecretAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this mascara for almost a year and am very happy with it. It makes my lashes very long, fairly full, and doesn't smudge or smear despite tears or allergy eyes. I remove it easily with Pond's Cold Cream. It also keeps my lashes feeling and looking soft. I've used the most expensive mascaras and the least expensive and all in between. This is my favorite.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by oneofmylies99

Like the non-waterproof version, this mascara really didn't lengthen or thicken my lashes. This smudged on me too, ugh (isn't this suppposed to waterproof?). I do like this better than the regular becuase it holds the curl in my lashes better and didn't flake as much. Just like the original, this never clumps on me. I'm sticking to wp Volum'Express (my HG) and wp Illegal Lengths (wonderful for a more natural look than the Volum'Express) I guess wp Full n' Soft would be great for a natural look but it isn't very water resistant.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Halni

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Funny they call this "Waterproof". Sometime when my eyes are irritated or a bit watery, it smudges on the lower corner of my eyes. The smudges can be removed quite easy by little water and a tissue. But I thought it's WATERPROOF! Other than that, it holds curl quite nicely, thickens and lengthens my lashes very well. I'm not a fan of racoon eyes, so won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2003 9:06:00 AM More reviews by FroZenPig

ok, i lurve dramatic lashes, so im constantly trying out mascaras to get my HG (be it high end or low end) . but of all ive tried, i tink maybelline's full n soft is e best, second coming up wld be loreal intensifiq (cant get loreal voluminous in singapore thou). layer it on 1 and a half coat , u will get long, full lashes, which are soo natural. n fer more than that, u will have luxurious lashes, that is full, long, black,dramatic n holds ur curl fer like... 1 year?haha. dis is realli great stuff, n it doesnt smudge on mi(ok, mebbi bcoz its waterproof). definitely good!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CAgirl8990

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. I can't really feel it when it's on, and it comes off very nicely. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't make a BIG difference in my lashes, it also doent curl that great if you use your finger to curl. I like it better than Great Lash though!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2003 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mea24

it leaves your lashes thicker but when I put on second coat it makes my lashes heavy .I wont buy this macara again because it iches my eyes too .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 7:50:00 AM More reviews by laru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this mascara was alright. I haven't tried the original Full 'n' Soft so I don't know how this measures up. The packaging isn't bad, the tube is decent and I really like the brush. The brush is full and I fell like it distributes the product nicely. Moving onto the formula, it's not too goopy or runny, it's a nice consistency. Lengthening and thickening properties are average, it separates pretty well, but it does tend to form lots of mini clumps which is pretty annoying. Now as for the waterproof part...I used this on two rainy-ish days and there was some smudging at the end of the day. Not very attractive, but it wasn't as noticeable as raccoon eyes or anything, just some faint smudge at the lower corners of my eye, but it might have just been the weather. Just a warning, it might smudge if the weather is humid or wet. My Clinique Naturally Glossy doesn't separate or thicken as well, but it does last better with absolutely no smudges so I don't know if I'd repurchase this...seeing that there is a possibility that I might end up black eyed (I'm exaggerating), and I'm that sort of girl that slaps on make up and forgets about it, so smudging mascara is a no-no for me. I'll try it out for a few more days and then update..

*Update* It does smudge on a regular basis even in chilly nice weather :( too bad. And I also forgot to mention that it's really hard to remove and I almost always notice that a few lashes fall out. Sorry Maybelline, but my lashes are far too precious to be lost this easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It makes your lashes beautifully full and natural looking, doesn't clump, and really is soft! The wand is great - covers well with one stroke! My HG mascara for natural lovely lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This does exactly what it says; it makes your lashes look full and soft!

it's definitely waterproof; one night I went swimming with it because I forgot to remove it before getting into the pool, and although I did not go underwater, I did get water on my face. It only smudged a little bit, gave me little black marks on my face, but not enough to make me look like a panda! (LOL happens with other mascaras)

I wear it to school every day and it still looks fresh after 6.5 hours. I usually keep it on for about 5 more hours, and THAT's the time when it STARTS to smudge.

But even after wearing it for 12 hours or more, it's still extremely hard to rub off or remove...unless I use the remover specially for waterproof mascaras.

If I try other mascaras and they don't work as well as this one, I will definitely use this one again.