July 31, 2014 | 2128 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 7:50:00 AM More reviews by laru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this mascara was alright. I haven't tried the original Full 'n' Soft so I don't know how this measures up. The packaging isn't bad, the tube is decent and I really like the brush. The brush is full and I fell like it distributes the product nicely. Moving onto the formula, it's not too goopy or runny, it's a nice consistency. Lengthening and thickening properties are average, it separates pretty well, but it does tend to form lots of mini clumps which is pretty annoying. Now as for the waterproof part...I used this on two rainy-ish days and there was some smudging at the end of the day. Not very attractive, but it wasn't as noticeable as raccoon eyes or anything, just some faint smudge at the lower corners of my eye, but it might have just been the weather. Just a warning, it might smudge if the weather is humid or wet. My Clinique Naturally Glossy doesn't separate or thicken as well, but it does last better with absolutely no smudges so I don't know if I'd repurchase this...seeing that there is a possibility that I might end up black eyed (I'm exaggerating), and I'm that sort of girl that slaps on make up and forgets about it, so smudging mascara is a no-no for me. I'll try it out for a few more days and then update..

*Update* It does smudge on a regular basis even in chilly nice weather :( too bad. And I also forgot to mention that it's really hard to remove and I almost always notice that a few lashes fall out. Sorry Maybelline, but my lashes are far too precious to be lost this easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It makes your lashes beautifully full and natural looking, doesn't clump, and really is soft! The wand is great - covers well with one stroke! My HG mascara for natural lovely lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This does exactly what it says; it makes your lashes look full and soft!

it's definitely waterproof; one night I went swimming with it because I forgot to remove it before getting into the pool, and although I did not go underwater, I did get water on my face. It only smudged a little bit, gave me little black marks on my face, but not enough to make me look like a panda! (LOL happens with other mascaras)

I wear it to school every day and it still looks fresh after 6.5 hours. I usually keep it on for about 5 more hours, and THAT's the time when it STARTS to smudge.

But even after wearing it for 12 hours or more, it's still extremely hard to rub off or remove...unless I use the remover specially for waterproof mascaras.

If I try other mascaras and they don't work as well as this one, I will definitely use this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2003 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sloegin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would not recommend this mascara primarily because it does not deliver on two of its claims: it is neither full nor waterproof.

I liked the applicator. One of those bushy "teddy bear" types. I like this type of brush because I feel that it causes less clumping and better lash separation for a more natural look. The mascara gave my lashes a soft, natural look, darker, not longer or thicker.

My biggest complaint is the "waterproof" claim. Not only wasn't this product waterproof, it wasn't smudgeproof. It didn't even last through the day without leaving dark circles under my eyes. I used this mascara twice with the same under eye circle results. Not attractive! This was not under rigorous conditions such as exercise, extreme weather conditions, or even tears. Just a normal low stress day. I expect more from a waterproof product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MoonPrincess057

i havent tried this yet, but iam planning on buying it soon, and wanted to know which formula of this stuff is better... the waterproof or regular? i kno with most waterproof mascaras it is hard to remove, but i wanna kno if anyone has tried both and thinks one is better than the other. and does this stuff work better than loreals voluminous? thanx.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 2:44:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has become one of my staple everyday mascaras along with L'Oreal Voluminous WP. My lashes are very long already so I don't need any lengthening. What Full'N'Soft does is darken my auburn lashes and give them nice lift and separation. I have received numerous compliments on my eyelashes (from complete strangers!) since I started wearing FNS. I guess you could say it is "my lashes but better".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 12:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could, I'd give this mascara 10 lipsticks! Dark Brown, waterproof, holy grail. I love how soft and 'un-coated' this makes my lashes feel. I never noticed it before, but now I cannot try another formula without noticing how stiff my lashes feel. I also like that this product is relatively easy to find in 'my' color, dark brown (hooray for Target!)...blacks and brown/black are too harsh for my coloring. I'm fair with blonde hair and blue eyes, and this color/formula makes my lashes look naturally full; any other mascara makes my lashes look fake. Love it, gotta have it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice mascara when you curl your lashes, I haven't tried it without curling them. IT doesn't look like I'm wearing too much mascara either, its kinda of like Kristen Krueks lashes. I realy like it, I'm scared to try any new mascaras now. Oh yea, I took off one lipstick because if I look up close sorta, it looks a little greyish, but not ugly..this happens with all the mascaras i've tried. Sometimes A TINY BIT also flakes off, then if I rub it I have a line on my skin from the mascara. But I like it so much, that I don't mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know L'Oreal Voluminous and Maybelline Great Lash are always being touted by makeup artists as the best drugstore mascaras, but I prefer this one to both of those. It makes a nice natural day time look - your lashes look longer and fuller but they're not going to look dramatic (Volum' Express is better for that). I wouldn't buy this again because Maybelline is owned by L'Oreal which tests their ingredients on animals. But it is a good product and all things being equal, would probably be my staple mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2003 7:56:00 AM More reviews by wildorchidfaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A heaven sent and my HG -- after trying a high end from HR and comparing the results to fullnsoft, I must say that FullnSoft performs hell lot better than the HR. It not only gave me beautiful long lashes but also made them soft and voluminous!!! Don't hesistate to buy this! I was stupid to spend so much on the HR. I will never stray from the drugstore for mascaras EVER again...The only thing I do not like is the brush which is a tad too big for me.