August 29, 2014 | 920 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this randomly and while it gives my lashes seperation and doesn't clump or flake on me, I just wasn't getting any sort of "impact" that I wanted. My lashes looked a bit average. If you are looking for dramatic lashes, this is not it. If you want something demure and soft, give this a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by rachelownsyourfacexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After testing out many, many different mascaras, I find this one to be my all time favorite. I got it on a whim when my mom got a flier in the mail to get a free clinique giftset when spending $20+ at the stand at the mall, so I got this. I basically do a smokey eye every day, and this makes it look amazing. Even though it is $15ish, I think it is well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was quite surprised by this product. I didn't like the High Impact in Brown - I guess the colour was a nothing colour for me and it seemed to bother my eyes. The black however was a very good black, highly pigmented (I was surprised by how dark a black it was when I went to take it off!), and goes on very nicely. It doesn't clump, and gives me long, pretty lashes that stand out I guess due to the darkness. It didn't flake with me, and it seemed to last right to the end of the day and my eyes felt great. I received this as a GWP and frankly, I am becoming more and more impressed with Clinique - the price is right, no scent, and the makeup never bothers my skin or eyes. If only all their skincare would work as they claim, I would be an even more happy camper!

UPDATE: Yup, this caused irritation to my eyes big time, something I do not expect from Clinique. Throwing it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with the lasting power of this mascara. It goes on beautifully and is the FIRST mascara to not clump up on the brush (I never have to wipe the brush off) or on my lashes (they always come out longer and perfectly separated with no clumping). However, in a few hours it flakes off like crazy and settles into the creases under my eyes. Also, a little bit of moisture (rain, eye drops) will make it run. Too bad because it really does go on beautifully... but I always regret it when I look in the mirror at the end of the day. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP and I'm really impressed with it. It added volume, definition and a bit of length to my lashes with no clumping, flaking or smudging. I can even forgo using my Tweezerman eyelash comb when I apply this stuff, which is unusual. My boyfriend even complimented me on how good my lashes looked, which is also very unusual. He doesn't often notice stuff like that. I might have to invest in a tube of this stuff when the sample runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

I wear this masacara when I do not wear my Clinique - Naturally Glossy mascara. I think it is nice and do not have a lot of the problems others have mentioned. This does not flake or smudge for me. I wipe off the applicator before applying and it is not clumpy. One coat usually does it for me and my lashes look plump and gives them pretty definition. Sometimes I do not even curl my lashes when I am in a rush and this does not make them go straight like other mascaras I have tried. I also do not have any problems removing this mascara. Most of the time I can remove the majority of this mascara with warm water before I cleanse my face. If there is any left over after that I just scrub over my closed eyes with Philosophy's Purity as I'm finishing cleansing my face and it comes off nicely. Overall, I really like this mascara. In the Clinique family it is my 2nd favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by myoubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this mascara for a long time, so I know its ups and downs. THE GOOD: It does what it's supposed to do, which is give dark, thick lashes. It only takes one (two if you're feeling feisty) coats to achieve that effect, and it comes in both black and brown, which is wonderful and rare.
THE BAD: Clumps. Clumps all over the place, which are not sexy. And it doesn't lengthen the eyelashes at all. The ends of the eyelashes are also too thick, as a reviewer below has noted.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Gabby0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product with high expectations and was very disappointed. It literally caked clumps onto my eyelashes and it was almost impossible to remove! I couldn't get the mascara off my eyelashes even when using two different types of makeup remover. Disguisting!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by xkirstagx

Pros
Adds volume and slight length to lashes, easy to remove, a true black

Cons
Doesnt hold a curl, flakes, brush isn't anything special and easily replicated by cheaper brands

My opinion
I recieved this as a GWP and although the product does add volume, length etc, I just couldnt handle looking in the mirror during the day and seeing flake after flake after flake roll down my eyelids. It's awful and not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find this mascara makes my lashes spidery, clumpy, and the ends too thick. It also smears and flakes terribly (I don't usually have this problem with mascaras), and I have to use my Clarins Fix'Mascara over it to make it wearable. The brush is not great either, as it is all the same width. I would not recommend this unless you like an OTT thick clumpy look.