September 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 12:04:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a much better cleanser for removing makeup than the original Cetaphil. Just two small pumps removes most of my face and eye makeup and dirt and oil without stripping my skin. It doesn't lather that well though and the cheap hairspray/perfume smell of this product needs to go! YUCK. But on the whole this is a good cleanser for combo and oily skins. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lindsay90691

This product is great, not awesome... The smell was nasty! It smelled like a very large acne pad, which sorta scared me because acne pads dry my skin out completely. It dried it out a little bit, but nothing that moisturizer couldn't fix! I'm used to the scent now, but I wish they'd change it to an appealing scent like citrus or something!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this cleanser because my dermatologist recommended it. At first, I thought that it would irritate my skin because of the horrible scent. But, surprisingly, my skin has become smoother since I started using this cleanser. I haven't experienced any major breakouts while using this either. It does a ok job of removing my makeup (all I wear is some mineral foundation and mascara). I still have a little remmanents of my mascara left after I wash my face. But unfortunately, it smells rather unpleasant and irritates my eyes. I doubt I would repurchase unless, the formula was changed to unscented.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2005 7:19:00 AM More reviews by little_kid

This cleanser is too gentle for me,i can't even feel cleaning at all.I am not sure if it had removed my MU or not.But i used it on my eyes,and it didn't cause any problem,therefore i think i'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by missysmom

The smell reminds me of my kidlet's bubble bath, so I like that part. Otherwise, it's made me break out in weird areas (even after using my beloved persagel faithfully in said areas) and leaves behind a film. Ick. Not that great at taking off makeup, maybe better for the AM. Probably will keep looking. Too bad: I wanted to like this one after all the raves I've heard about Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 5:56:00 PM More reviews by seaglass

I think I've found my HG cleanser. It doesn't lather too well, but I think that's okay. My skin is so soft after using this stuff. I've been using it since August, and even in the winter it doesn't make my skin feel dry and icky. Overall, very impressed with the Cetaphil line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sunny_d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. It doesn't dry out my skin, however I do use a heavy grape seed mosturizer at nights so that may help with that. I do not like the smell, but it is something that I can live with. It removes all of my makeup including my waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Definately a product I will continue to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 12:36:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this one up by accident instead of my regular Cetaphil and figured "why not?". Big mistake - I broke out along the jawline shortly after starting this and I never had that problem with the regular Cetaphil.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

This is not the cleanser for me. My dermatologist had recommended it so I gave it a try since it was so reasonably priced. I first tried the original formula but found it left a greasy residue and broke me out so thinking I bought the wrong formula , I tried the Oily skin formula and that managed to dry out my skin and still break me out. I will never buy this again and I'm also looking for another dermatologist.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2005 More reviews by jenniferm1972

I've been using this for years (and the oily skin version as well at times) and it's the only soap I've run across that DIDN'T break my skin out. I think the problems people are having with break outs/burning may have something to do with not applying the product to an already wet face, using too much of the product, or failing to properly rinse. It does take a bit to totally rinse this stuff off, but it's worth it.
I have super sensitive skin that very prone to breakouts and irritation, and I've never had a problem with this.