April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2004 12:22:00 PM More reviews by h0neypoo

Overall Rating: 4

Price: 3

Packaging Quality: 4 - you can't really go wrong with a pump

General Comments: Seems to cleanse effectively; I have combination skin. I've been cleaning my face with it for about six months now and I haven't noticed an increase in acne problems as a lot of other girls have said below. It does not strip my face of moisture, which is a huge, huge plus. Smells bad, but I don't really mind it.

Buy Again?: Yes, until I find something better. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by allison125

Once I got over the fact that this smells like cheap hairspray, I decided that I really like this cleanser (so far). I've been using it for about a week now. It gets my skin SUPER clean, and it doesn't seem to be drying it out. I do use a light moisturizer after cleansing, so I'm sure that helps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dream cleanser! For years I was using harsh cleansers because I thought that's what I needed to do for my oily/acne skin. Until I read all the raves on skin board about Cetaphil and I finally gave it a try. I am glad I did! My skin is soft and the plus side it has help cut down on my breakouts! I use this morning and night to cleanse my face. It doesn't dry out my skin but does seem to dry up my acne! I also use this to remove my eye m/u and never causes a problem for sensitive eys. It even remove waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2004 8:10:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My friend Liz turned me on to Cetaphil, although I have heard of it before. It works awesome with my Combo skin. It takes off all the makeup and crap off my face and it leaves it soft and smooth. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2004 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Anastycia8311

Was looking for a gentle cleanser I could use during the dry cold winter months. Okay this is not exactly Cetaphil rave but I have tried it and it works for me. Then I bought the a popular discount store knockoff because it was four bucks cheaper- same ingredients except that its a clear gel. it works just fine on my now combo winter skin. How stupid do I feel for paying anywhere 20 to
nearly thirty bucks for cleansers all these years to calm my acne prone skin down? Very.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2004 1:58:00 PM More reviews by donna0101

This burns my face! The minute I put it on my face felt like I was having a hot flash. It stung and itched for a while; then stopped. I will not re-purchase. The package is acceptable and the pump is hygeinic. I dont mind the smell. If it just didn't burn!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2004 11:57:00 PM More reviews by htaykris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a totally worthless product. It made me break out like crazy. Of course dermatologists recommend this - it sends more business their way! Don't use this product unless you're attempting to make a fashion statement with a face full of zits!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by bella1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

altough this *might* be a so so cleanser, the SMELL....ugh!
the fragrance in this is SO strong, & in my opinion does not smell good either. stronger than some perfumes I have smelled!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Muggie

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for an relatively inexpensive cleanser and thought this would be a good one. I have very oily skin and it took two washings before my skin felt clean. My skin also broke out after using this. It did not work for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugghh. Liked this initially, but after a few weeks, this has proven to be so harsh and stripping on my skin. It is literally like washing your face with detergent. I have had great success with the original cleanser and the cream from Cetaphil, but this one is such a disappointment. I will stick to the unfragranced products for my sensitive skin.