Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 3/20/2004 12:04:00 PM

I never made it through my first tin, but I thought I'd give it another try, and I'm glad I did. It's very soft, just touch the top to get enough for a nail, and it's not so heavy that it will end up all over the sheets. This, alone with Lumene's cuticle cream, are cheap and good alternatives to the pricier lines.

on 3/17/2004 9:55:00 AM

Love, love, love this. The smell is awesome, it goes on greasy but absorbs quickly.

on 3/16/2004 4:51:00 PM

Smells like a basket of lemons. Goes on smoothly and seems to coat the cuticles well. Only a four lippie here due to the somewhat cumbersome application process. You have to really bear down on the product to scoop out a tad to put on your cuticles. I find this messy and not as convenient as an oil. However, it seems to do the job and will update when I've been using for longer.

on 3/15/2004 4:39:00 PM

A tin in my desk at work, a tin in my nightstand, a tin in the bathroom... This stuff does wonders to smooth out ragged cuticles. The smell is pleasant. It's slightly oily, so I put it on when I'm going to be sitting around for a while or rub my fingernails together to warm it up so it sinks in faster. One of the best features is that you can get boyfriends and other assorted men to use it because it doesn't have a girly smell or package.

on 3/15/2004 10:46:00 AM

I have the worst cuticles in the world, they are thick and ragged and I have mad hang nails, that I pick, making things worse. And so to cure my problem I was serious lemming for real high luxurious cuticle treatments (yes I know, I find a way to spend too much). But after reading the reviews for this, esp. one by a complete healthy nail enthusiast, I had to try it. First, it smells good, like fresh lemons and butter. And its relatively cheap ($4). Second, It WORKS! My cuticles are soft and the hard skin near the end of my fingertips is much softer. This is a definate treat for my nails and it feels very pampering to massage them with such good smelling goo. Girls for $4 bucks its a no brainer for the winter nails.

on 3/14/2004 7:05:00 PM

I have been biting my nails for ten years. I have only been using this and Sally Hansen cuticle pusher/trimmer for a few days and I already see a huge difference. This "cream" is more like a wax, but I love everything about it: the smell, the packaging, the price, and how it makes my nails and cuticles feel. My nails are already healthier,stronger and longer. I will always repurchase.

on 3/14/2004 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The packaging is a pain the a$s, it's true - but just the best nail product!
Not just for cuticles, it actually made my weak, bendy nails.....much less weak and bendy. Great stuff.

on 3/8/2004 7:38:00 PM

yummy yummy yummy, i am so tempted to eat this stuff! i use it every night before bed and when i tend my cuticles. it has a great soft waxy consistency and it really helps to keep your cuticles healthy. i have started hoarding this stuff. i dont ever want to run out. looove this.:)Penny

on 3/4/2004 3:12:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. I have had a lot less hangnails since using it, but the packaging is kind of disappointing and it's pretty pricey. I use it at night, before bed. My nails are in good condition now - I never wear nailpolish, because they look clean and healthy on their own. :) This stuff is worth a try - I haven't come across anything better for my nails... yet.

EDIT: I stopped using this for a while - (it was lost under my bed...) - and I really noticed a difference in the overall health of my nails! They looked dry and they became brittle: ick. So, I hunted this stuff down and started using it again, tada... beautiful, shiny, healthy-looking nails again. I won't make that mistake again, and this is now pretty much a staple for me when it comes to hand-care. Will repurchase, and I recommend trying it. continued >>

on 3/3/2004 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff works great for me. I've only tried 2 different cuticle creams during my 22 yrs of living- this one and kiehl's, which is really creamy. This one is more oily/greasy, not really creamy. Whenever I whip this stuff out in class or at work, everyone smells it, tries it, and loves it. On the back of the package, it also says you can use it on your hands. I have to constantly wash my hands at work, which makes them really dry, but slap on a dab of this stuff and they're cured!

Popular Treatments