September 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by PicturePerfect0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love everything that's Maybelline! The Medium/Deep goes perfectly with my skin, it made it look softer, brighter,blurred my acne mark but gentle enough to still see my moles. It didn't cause me to break out like L'oreal's bb cream either.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Julia805

I actually really like this. I have problem skin and frankly I'm tired of covering up with heavy foundation because sometimes I feel it makes things look worse! I got this and I feel it did a great job at evening things out without looking like heavy makeup. It won't cover up a large pimple but that's what concealer is for. It's easy to spread on your face too-great consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BethanyIce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My new HG product in my makeup bag! I have always have mild acne that have resulted in acne scars/marks so full coverage heavy foundation were what i always grabbed off of the shelves. I'm always buying new makeup just to try it out especially foundations but since i have been tanning for the past couple weeks and my acne and scars were less noticeable i really wanted a more lighweight face product. The pretty packaging is what caught my eye and then the awesome reviews ade me buy! It only takes about 30 seconds to apply and it feels so fresh and light just like lotion! No, it doesn't totally cover my imperfections but it does give a beautiful dewy complextion to your skin and really does blur imperfections like it claims to! My face no longer feels sticky half way through the day and i no longer worry about having streaks or an orange face, This BB cream has gien me so much more confidence and since buying it i feel like i can pull off the "Natural look" Please try this, it's worth the $8 i promise!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on and off looking for a tinted moisturizer - before you get all disgruntled, yes, I know this is technically not ONLY that. It's better!

Packaging - standard squeeze tube, durable, no complaints here. It's very often ended up at the bottom of the tote bag I use for school and has survived the crushing forces of my laptop, binder, etc.

Quantity - I wish you got more product for the price, but honestly I like it too much to call it a "rip off." But yes, it's quite a small tube.

Range of shades - afraid it's not all that stellar in this department. I think there are 5 or 6 shades? That said, the consistency of the product is thin enough that you can probably get away with it. I usually don't match too easily and I've found Medium to be perfect for summer and I'm pretty confident Light/Medium will be a great shade as my tan fades in winter.

Quality - now this is where I was highly skeptical. I'll go through each of the "8-in-1" claims:

Blurs imperfections - YES it does! This alone is totally worth buying it. The product is sheer and thin in consistency but boy does it work above and beyond in this area. Granted, you can still see that I have acne (very mild), but you need to pay attention to find it. That's without foundation (own it but never wear it) or concealer (own it but never wear it). Remember, it BLURS, not COVERS.

Brightens - not entirely sure about this, as I've never noticed or received compliments to this effect. But my skin does definitely look smoother and more even. (Okay I just looked at the list again after writing this point, and the very next two claims were "smooths" and "evens skin tone" - just shows you how awesome it is).

Evens skin tone - big YES.

Smooths - another big YES.

Hydrates - yes, and maybe it does this a little too well. I find myself just a tad, and I do mean just a tiny bit, oilier right after applying, but I blot and I'm good to go. However, it does impart that nice dewy sheen so it's not all bad.

Enhances - this is such a vague claim I won't even go there. Yes, it enhances??

Protects with SPF 30 - I use this on top of sunscreen anyway, but obviously it's SPF 30.

Use - what I love about this is that it's SO quick and easy to use. I don't use foundation or even concealer because I'm busy, lazy, and frankly have never developed the skill it takes to apply either in the most effective way. THIS little wonder I just apply with my hands like any face lotion, and it looks flawless every time. My only annoyance is that if I apply it early in the day, I may need to slap more on in the afternoon. But this is completely fine with me considering 1) the tube is small and easy to travel with and 2) it takes 30 seconds to apply.

I've been using it for 2 weeks and haven't noticed additional breakouts or other irritations at all. It's very light going on.

Bottom line: Would repurchase it again in a heartbeat.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the finish this gives, however it broke me out something awful and actually made my oily skin look oilier :/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by annieholds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being a teenager and having the typical roller-coaster teenage skin, most foundations work for a while and then become an oil slick for my face. I got the BB at target, and used it the next day over a light Aveeno moisturizer. You could practically see your reflection in my T-zone by the end of the school day. I tried it again the day after, using the moisturizer and the smashbox picture perfect primer underneath it. Still, my face turned into a mirror. So I experimented some more, and I've come to this conclusion. It's basically a sheer tinted moisturizer that should be used only with primer. I love it, because it's not heavy and feels great on my face. Set it with a little powder, and it will stay put the majority of the day. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. BUT if you're looking more for medium to full coverage, this is probably not the right thing for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBelizean

I bought this at Target last week in Deep. This BB Cream is more of a tinted moisturizer for me. What I love about this product is that is gives my skin a nice dewy finish and my skin glows. It doesn't cover much for blemishes which is okay for me. I will repurchase after I'm finished with this tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mnarea90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking at Garnier's BB cream one day when the sales lady showed me Maybelline's version. I bought this product because it was on sale (2/$13, whereas Garnier's was $13 for 1). I tried it when I got home but it didn't really do anything for me. It didn't cover up anything and I don't think it really moisturized much. Like previous reviewers have said, it may work best as a light tinted moisturizer. To be fair though, since becoming pregnant, I've had awful skin and I should have known that a BBcream wouldn't be enough. Lesson learned. However, if you don't have much to cover up, this may work for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very unhappy. Medium-brown skinned girl who loves the maybelline dream mousse in caramel. Heard this adjusts to you skin tone and so thought I'd give it a try. Used it on 3 different occasions and I looked sick and ashy every time. It did not adjust to my skin colour and I suspect the ashy look could have been due to the SPF. Really dissppointed and I have lost faith in maybelline - creating a wearable bb cream for brown skin shouldnt be that hard for an established makeup company. Don't waste your money

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I pretty much knew this stuff wouldn't be a real BB cream when I heard it was coming out, so I'm simply judging it on how well it worked for me, not on "OMG it's not a real BB it's just a tinted moisturizer uuuugghhhh" haha!

The ingredients are what first pulled me in... no pore-clogging, heavy stuff! Always a plus for my acne-prone skin and this nasty hot humid southern Louisiana weather. I purchased shade medium/deep because my skin was tan during this summer; but since I haven't been out in the sun for a few weeks, I'm getting lighter. So to compensate, I mix with some white sunscreen (because I don't think this product alone actually provides good SPF) and the tint is lightened just enough. Also, this stuff doesn't make me super shiny as long as I don't sweat alot. A little powder on top and I'm good to go. And if I go with full-on powder, it looks REALLY good with this product underneath it. It is sheer, so it doesn't provide alot of coverage, but if all you are looking for is a little tint and light moisturizer at a decent price, this is a good choice. I definitely plan to repurchase, but most likely in a different shade for colder seasons.