October 24, 2014 | 1640 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

I've been looking for a tinted mosturizer for a while now; one that would provide light coverage, just enough to cover little imperfections. I decided to try this out (I purchased the colour Fair-Medium.)
I really like the lightness of this BB cream; it feels like I'm wearing no makeup and looks very natural with my skin tone. I use a MAC 2 brush to blend the product on my face, evenly. The consistency is nice; not cakey at all. I also love that the product is oil-free.It really evens out my skin tone and covers small blemishes with its light coverage. I think this is going to be a great add-on to my makeup collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this BB cream after trying the Garnier one and hating it.
The packaging it comes in is simplistic and does the job well, but does sometimes leak out when you open it after a small period of time, but on the plus side this means you never have to fight to get the product out as is common with most squeezy bottles.
The price of this BB Cream is good and the average for most Maybelline products (£6 at the time I bought it).
I have used this product multiple times over the summer making this an easy thing to review.

COVERAGE
The coverage of this BB Creme is very light as you would expect with a BB Cream but I was surprised how well it does even out the skin tone. This product also works well with concealer so if you do need some extra coverage, you can have it. This light coverage was perfect for me during the summer as I could wear it on hotter days where I didn't want to suffocate the skin on my face. The great thing about this product is, you can use it as a base for foundation to make the foundation last longer, you can also mix it with some foundation for a Medium coverage, making this a very versatile product for you to own.

FINISH
This product has a light dewy/satin finish but can be mattified with powder if need be.

COLOUR RANGE
I feel like the range of colours is a bit of a pitfall with this product as the colours are vague at best ranging from Light, Medium and Dark, as I have a very fair complexion I found the light one to be too dark for my skin, but with a small amount of blending you can use it without any obvious seams.

LASTING POWER
This BB Creme lasted me anywhere from 6-10 hours meaning you may want to take it with you (which isn't difficult as it is travel friendly) to make some touch ups during the day.

BENEFITS AND EFFECTS
This product does indeed moisturise your skin, I did worry that this would mean that it would make my oily T-Zone prominent on my face, but it didn't, this light moisturisation meant when I used it as a base for foundation, *I didn't break out as easily (or at all as of yet).
It is true to it's word and does indeed even out the skin tone and even when I took it off after regular use my skin did seem softer and brighter.

SUMMARY
A great product to own for it's versatility, I use this most days now in one way or another, as base for a foundation, or as a lighter option to foundation. For the price I see no reason for you to buy it and I would highly recommend it to anyone who uses makeup :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by scunliffe

I was worried this would feel heavy and make my skin oily like the Garnier or annabelle BB creams but it didnt this product is great! Very light..like a second skin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by namch88

I am running low in my color stay revlon foundation, and I don't want to repurchase because I need something more usefull for the daily basis, and that foundation barely offers SPF and the coverage is kind of heavy for the day.
I bought this may maybelline bb cream at Walmart for $ 8 something, and I was hasaitating about it cause most farmacy cosmetics do not deliver the goods. I decided to try this before going for te NARS tinted mousturizer which offers moisturizer plus SPF 30 just as this product, and I tried it a sephora and I loved it but I didn't want to shel out the 44 dls. So I decided to try this one first. When you put try it on your wrist it spread amazingly but in your face, specially of u have big pores, it is t easy to spread. The pigmentation is very law wich is good because it doesn't leaves couloir traces however, during daylight, if you have a picky eye as I do, you can tell there's something on the skin Eventhough is very discret. However what I think that what you notice is not the pigmantation itself but the typical white cast that natural sunscreen leaves( this Ida titanium dioxide SPF based product). I personally DON'T BUY THAY this has a SPF of 30. The amount of titanium dioxide it has is just 1.16%!!!!! And that's it! How can that be? I don't know but te NARS one which offers SPF 30 as well has 5 % o titanium d. And 6% of octinoxate.
I have to say that the product is more obvious in some lights than in others and that it has a pretty good staying power. However I'll definitively go for the NARS one even though I still think is too pricey but it does feel more mousturizer an lightest at the same time I far more imperceptible on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by smstewart1986

I found a sample of this in Seventeen magazine and was actually excited because I was always curious about BB creams, but didn't really want to spend the money on it in case it sucked. I already had foundation on and didn't want to wash my face, or layer the BB cream on top of it, so I decided to try it on the back of my hand. I was impressed of how well it blended in and made the skin nice and soft. But then I smelled it (i'm weird about smelly foundations) and I was instantly taken aback because in my opinion it definitely smelled like BEER! I even had my mom smell it just to be sure I wasn't just imagining things. Don't get me wrong, I like drinking beer from time to time, but I really don't want my face to smell like a bud light... I might try other brands of the BB creams in the future, but I definitely won't be buying this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth1194

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample from a magazine and I love the way my skin looks....smooth, natural, kind of glowy and even toned. I think I will buy some.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by KoriLove

The packaging is whats appealing. other than that, i took a look at the ingredients list and it doesnt seem like its a beauty balm. i cant decipher half the things in this product. :/ the actual makeup isnt too bad but its not doing any of the 8 things it says it would...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WAY too liquidy. Even the smallest amount of product makes my skin oily and I have naturally dry skin. Even when I mix it with other BB Creams, it still produces way too much oil onto my face. I do not recommend this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I love the idea of a BB cream - moisturizer, SPF, and lightweight coverage all in one. However, if the product doesn't deliver on all fronts well, then I'd rather use separate products and like the outcome than shorten my beauty regimen by a few minutes. I tend to like Maybelline foundations, so I thought I'd give this product a try. It gave the lightest of lightest coverage, which is okay, but I wanted just a bit more tint - nothing crazy. It definitely wasn't enough coverage to eliminate the minor blemishes I had, but I didn't expect it to, and I used concealer for those. My biggest issue lay with how oily I looked after only a few hours of wear. I tend to be on the oilier side and, unless I wear a powder, my skin looks glowy/greasy. They say it's for normal skin, so I don't recommend this for anyone that's on the oily/combination side. It's a shame because I'd love to shorten my beauty routine. Oh, well. On to the next.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream is an "8-in-1 Skin Perfecter". This BB Cream is a "one step wonder to good skin days, every day. Packed with 8 great skin benefits for instant skin protection". This BB cream, which is actually more of a tinted moisturizer, is best suited for normal skin. So what are the eight great benefits? Maybelline claims this this BB cream will "blur imperfections, enhance, brighten, adjusts to skin tone, smooths, hydrates, protects with SPF 30, and oil free with no heavy ingredients". Maybelline's BB cream is available in only 5 shades, ranging from Light to Deep. I have the shade Light, obviously. Maybelline face products are dermatologist tested. Unfortunately they're also tested on animals. This BB cream was made in the USA. I purchased my 1fl oz (30ml) tube at Walmart for $7.47
Packaging is cute and functional. The squeeze tube starts off white and gradually turns to a light skin tone, I guess to represent the way this product adjusts to skin tones. The front of the tube features the shade name, some claims, and the name of the product in cute pink and white fonts. On the back of the tube is the mandatory drug facts label for any product that includes SPF. This label pulls up to reveal more info, a full ingredient list, and tips for additional sun protection. This squeeze tube is great, it's very easy to get out just the amount of product you want. Some say that the product runs out of the tube, but I haven't experienced this problem. The white plastic cap twists on and stays on firmly. Good packaging, Maybelline.
The texture of the Dream Fresh BB Cream is thin, definitely thinner than most foundations, but not watery or runny like some have said. I actually think it has a nice consistency that's conducive to application with fingers, which is suggest by Maybelline. I just smooth this product on with my fingers, section by section. This BB cream blends in very easily and sinks in fast. I get quite sheer to light coverage from this tinted moisturizer. It evens out my pink cheeks and "blurs" my small pimples, but does nothing to mask any more serious imperfections. Concealer is definitely needed if you have less than perfect skin. The coverage is slightly buildable, but this isn't the product you should opt for if you're looking for full coverage. This product is best if you're looking for a natural, no makeup, effortless look. The finish of this tinted moisturizer is really nice, very natural, never cakey, just a little tiny bit dewy. It gives the appearance of healthy skin. Though it doesn't look like it, this BB cream feels a little greasy to the touch.
Light, is ironically, a little bit too dark for me. When first squeezed out of the tube it looks way dark for me. Once I begin to blend it in, it sheers out and adjusts to my skin tone. Light doesn't match me perfectly, but it's certainly wearable. I wish Maybelline offered an extra light. Actually they should expand the line in general, at least two if not four more shades.
I still haven't managed to get a full day's wear from Maybelline's BB Cream. I've tried it with three primers, two powders, on it's own, and a combination of them all. It's always gone after six hours. Any sweat completely dissolves the Dream Fresh BB Cream. You know how a lot of people say that Maybelline's FitMe Foundation has ruined their skin or at least made them break out? That never happened to me with that foundation, but it happened with this one. My skin has become much oilier since I've started using this product. My chin and hairline are broken out. Uh oh.
Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfecter has it's pro's and cons. The packaging is great, texture is pleasing and easy to work with, application is effortless. The shade selection should be expanded to include at least a couple more shades. Light isn't light enough to include everyone, I'm sure Deep isn't dark enough either. The coverage and finish are nice, what you can expect from a tinted moisturizer. I think the price is fair. I feel like this product, despite it's promise of 8 skin benefits, hasn't been beneficial for me, my skin's changed a little since I've gotten it. I really wanted to love this product, but I can't. I do like it though. If you have normal or slightly dry skin, this product might be a good chocie for you. I probably won't repurchase Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfecter. I need a little more coverage, I think I'll stick to FitMe.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No