September 21, 2014 | 1590 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is my new addiction. My skin is combination with enlarged pores and after 1 use I was glowing. I am 7 days in and I use less products and make up looks fantastic. Best investment I have made in the last few years!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I really don't know how to review this product. I read a million reviews before I broke down and purchased it, and the only reason I did is because I have a dream of having no blackheads on my nose or chin. When I first started using it, it was causing me to breakout, but I finally discovered that the clinique bar soap i was using was the problem (i think it had some bacteria on it). I was about to send it back, but changed the soap, and gave it another try. I am 2 to 3 months in, I use it 1 to 2 times a day, and my skin looks very nice (i did try the soap that comes with it, and it seemed to break me out, then i switched to clinique, and it got worse, now i am using a totally different cleanser and having no issues at all). i am not sure that it is helping with the blackhead and whiteheads I have on my nose and chin, but i do think it makes my makeup look smoother and makes my skin really glow. I would recommend it if you have the extra cash for a fancy way to clean your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After considering the regular size vs the Mia. I decided I didn't really need several speeds and would rarely, if ever, use it on my body. I've used this for a little over a month now and I can't say I've seen any miracles. My skin is a little clearer (I am prone to redness) and I can definitely see that it's cleaner. Because of the redness I only use it at night. At this point, I really have no idea if it was worth the price, but I do like how clean and smooth my face feels after using the Mia and I like how well my products go on after using it. It also cut down on winter flakiness. I will definitely keep up with using this and buying new brush heads as needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i keep flip flopping between whether i LOVE this product or hate it. I'm just gonna go through the pros/cons of this product, and my experiences with it.

PROS:
skin is very soft after using product
skin does seem very clean after use, (but theres really no telling whether it is THAT much cleaner than traditional methods)

CONS:
price
no real improvement in clarity/tone of skin
not great at exfoliation
head of brush kind of rough
not really pleasant experience using it (i don't find it soothing, or good feeling at all)

honestly, i don't know whether this improves my skin at all. i feel like if my products are working well, my skin will look good, and whether i use the clarisonic or not, doesn't matter. i do feel like my skin feels very soft after using it, but i still need to exfoliate. i feel like alot of it is hype, and i will probably continue to use it because i cannot return it and its alot of money in my opinion to waste. but would i repurchase if it broke or something? no, probably not. i guess if you are thinking about purchasing it, don't expect alot (like i did) because as far as cleansing it will do a good job, but as far as actually improving my skin, i don't notice any difference.

OH, and also, i definitely recommend if you have this, to buy some antibacterial hand soap and clean it after each use. i suspect that when i first started using it, it was causing breakouts because i wasn't cleaning it as often. the manual says to do it weekly, but i recommend it every day! DON'T make that mistake like i did!

+EDIT+ i suffered a massive breakout randomly from the products i was using, suprisingly using the mia (after not using for quite awhile) seemed to make the breakout lessen and go away much faster! And i cannot deny this makes your face just baby-soft after use! So, one lippie added because of that...BUT I still don't think its worth the price, its nice but still not a WOW product to me.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never used the regular Clarisonic. But my sister has it and loves it. She told me she would get it for my B-Day.
I saw this on QVC at a great price and thought that it can't be that different from the reg. so I ordered it. I love it sooooooo much. My skin so much better. I really never thought it would make that much of a difference but it has.
My sister also ordered the Mia and she likes it better then the reg. She says it easier to use and she likes the size better.
Since I only have the Mia and my sister has both the Mia and the origial, she says there really is no difference in performance. So I am so happy with mine I ordered a 2nd one this week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I already own the Clarisonic Pro. But, because, the Clarisonic Mia is just as popular as the other Clarisonic brushes, I decided to purchase this brush too. This brush is great for at home or on the go!

I have it in White. The Clarisonic Mia kit I purchased came with 2 brush heads (sensitive skin & normal skin), pLink universal charger, and 3 mini size cleansers. The Mia comes with 1 speed, which is Normal Speed. This is okay for me, as I find that the normal speed really get the job done towards unclogging pores, bringing vitality to the skin, controlling acne breakouts, and in providing increased clarity to one's skin.

The Mia comes with a universal charger so it can be used worldwide. It doesn't have the beeps that occur after 20 and 10 secs like the bigger versions. This is certainly fine with me, as the beeps aren't a necessity. The Mia comes in a compact size which allows for easy portability and less space to take up. And, the brush heads are fairly easy to take on and off.

I am really glad that I purchased the Mia, as it is just as effective as the larger sized Clarisonic brushes, but the Mia is way more portable (which I love!).

The Clarisonic brush is the most expensive skincare item I have ever purchased. The Clarisonic may be a "hot" item, but it is very expensive. If you can afford the money, then I recommend trying it out to see if you will like it. If the Clarisonic is way to expensive for you,, then this item is one that you can go without. There are much cheaper facial cleansing brushes that can be used instead.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like my Clarisonic Mia. I always made sure my skin was well exfoliated before (tretinoin & philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash) but now it has almost a polished appearance. Expensive, yes. A daily treat for your skin, you bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by EmmaBella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't ever want to go back to what my skin looked and felt like before this. I had breakout after breakout- it was non-stop! I have extremely fair skin and flaming red blemishes stand out like no other. I got this for Christmas this past year (best Christmas present ever!) and I love it so much. My acne is gone. My scarring is fading. Blackheads are sparse. Pores smaller. My skin is smooth! I was a little scared because I broke out like crazy the first time I got my period after beginning use, but since then, it hasn't been nearly as bad. Of course I get the occasional mass now and again, but it's nothing in comparison. I just use it at night with my Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and it removes every trace of makeup leaving my skin squeaky clean. This is the best skin care tool out there and I don't think I could ever go back to not using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mlim1626

This is the best product I've ever used. For the first time, I actually have a flawless skin. Highly recommended. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlynn0808

This is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made! Before I finally bought the clarisonic, I did the research on it and held off for awhile because of the price. Finally, I saw the mia which is still on the expensive side, but it turned out to be worth ever penny. My acne was never too bad, but all of a sudden it started to get worse and I had no idea why. I had tried everything for acne from drugstore brands to higher priced brands like Proactiv, but nothing really helped out more than a little. Once I started using the mia my face finally cleared up like never before, my skin was waaayyy softer and smoother and my face in general looked a hundred times better. My face only kept getting better with the continued use of the mia and I'm now acne free except for the occasional breakout from that time of the month, but even then it doesn't get bad. I'm much more happy with my face and I would recommend this brush to anyone!