August 23, 2014 | 1084 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never used the regular Clarisonic. But my sister has it and loves it. She told me she would get it for my B-Day.
I saw this on QVC at a great price and thought that it can't be that different from the reg. so I ordered it. I love it sooooooo much. My skin so much better. I really never thought it would make that much of a difference but it has.
My sister also ordered the Mia and she likes it better then the reg. She says it easier to use and she likes the size better.
Since I only have the Mia and my sister has both the Mia and the origial, she says there really is no difference in performance. So I am so happy with mine I ordered a 2nd one this week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I already own the Clarisonic Pro. But, because, the Clarisonic Mia is just as popular as the other Clarisonic brushes, I decided to purchase this brush too. This brush is great for at home or on the go!

I have it in White. The Clarisonic Mia kit I purchased came with 2 brush heads (sensitive skin & normal skin), pLink universal charger, and 3 mini size cleansers. The Mia comes with 1 speed, which is Normal Speed. This is okay for me, as I find that the normal speed really get the job done towards unclogging pores, bringing vitality to the skin, controlling acne breakouts, and in providing increased clarity to one's skin.

The Mia comes with a universal charger so it can be used worldwide. It doesn't have the beeps that occur after 20 and 10 secs like the bigger versions. This is certainly fine with me, as the beeps aren't a necessity. The Mia comes in a compact size which allows for easy portability and less space to take up. And, the brush heads are fairly easy to take on and off.

I am really glad that I purchased the Mia, as it is just as effective as the larger sized Clarisonic brushes, but the Mia is way more portable (which I love!).

The Clarisonic brush is the most expensive skincare item I have ever purchased. The Clarisonic may be a "hot" item, but it is very expensive. If you can afford the money, then I recommend trying it out to see if you will like it. If the Clarisonic is way to expensive for you,, then this item is one that you can go without. There are much cheaper facial cleansing brushes that can be used instead.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like my Clarisonic Mia. I always made sure my skin was well exfoliated before (tretinoin & philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash) but now it has almost a polished appearance. Expensive, yes. A daily treat for your skin, you bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by EmmaBella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't ever want to go back to what my skin looked and felt like before this. I had breakout after breakout- it was non-stop! I have extremely fair skin and flaming red blemishes stand out like no other. I got this for Christmas this past year (best Christmas present ever!) and I love it so much. My acne is gone. My scarring is fading. Blackheads are sparse. Pores smaller. My skin is smooth! I was a little scared because I broke out like crazy the first time I got my period after beginning use, but since then, it hasn't been nearly as bad. Of course I get the occasional mass now and again, but it's nothing in comparison. I just use it at night with my Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and it removes every trace of makeup leaving my skin squeaky clean. This is the best skin care tool out there and I don't think I could ever go back to not using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mlim1626

This is the best product I've ever used. For the first time, I actually have a flawless skin. Highly recommended. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlynn0808

This is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made! Before I finally bought the clarisonic, I did the research on it and held off for awhile because of the price. Finally, I saw the mia which is still on the expensive side, but it turned out to be worth ever penny. My acne was never too bad, but all of a sudden it started to get worse and I had no idea why. I had tried everything for acne from drugstore brands to higher priced brands like Proactiv, but nothing really helped out more than a little. Once I started using the mia my face finally cleared up like never before, my skin was waaayyy softer and smoother and my face in general looked a hundred times better. My face only kept getting better with the continued use of the mia and I'm now acne free except for the occasional breakout from that time of the month, but even then it doesn't get bad. I'm much more happy with my face and I would recommend this brush to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm pretty impressed with this machine. I had read all the great reviews, and I was noticing that my skin just always seemed dull. At first I was using this twice a day. That turned out to be too much for my skin. I started getting dry and even more oily. But, I did notice that my skin was suddenly smoother than ever before. Now I am using it once a day, and that seems to have made a huge difference. I broke out for a good two weeks when I first started using it. I didn't like the cleanser that came with it, and I'm convinced some of my breakouts were because of it. I use it with Philosophy's Purity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I own a Clarisonic [Mia], I was using the Pretika (check out my reviews). Basically the Pretika does the same thing that the Clarisonic does, for me at least, so I am not wowed by the Mia as of right now. I have to say though that the brush that came with my Mia was INCREDIBLY soft!!! A LOT softer than the brush on the Pretika, and for that..I do like the Mia. Now, today is my 8th day of usage, and my acne are healing. Before the Mia, I had no pimples, just some acne scars here and there, but when I started using the Mia, I broke out, BADLY. I wanted to cry and kick myself over and over again for even buying into the hype and trying out the Mia. I almost gave up after the 4th day but I noticed that the blackheads on my nose and around it is clearing, so I kept through with it. Now it's the 8th day, and the pimples are healing, I guess I purged, so..I'll see what happens after this and will be back to update along the way.
Price: I paid $111.75 for mine, at myexclusivespa.com, free shipping, and it arrived 2 days after I placed my order. Just use code "ebay" when checking out and you get the discount.
~~~EDIT: 03/19/10~~~13th day/use: My pimples and dry flakes are healing, but I'm still getting white heads here and there..also, the blackheads that are on my cheeks (near my nose) are beginning to disappear. I'm currently using two cycles a night. 20 secs each on both cheeks, 20 secs. on chin/above lips, 20 secs. on nose, and 40 secs. on forehead. I think I'm over doing it, so I will cut back on those times in half.
~~~EDIT: 03/25/10~~~19th day/use: My skin is clearing up and looking smooth. Less blackheads and pores are looking smaller. and OMG!!! My skin is glowing!!! I thought that my skin was okay before, but I just realized how dull it use to be before using the Clarisonic!!! It glows!!! soooooo beautiful!!! I just realize it last night and couldn't stop admiring my face/skin!!!! I've NEVER had this glow before!!!!!
~~~EDIT: 03/29/10~~~23th day/use: Bumped it up to 5 lippies. No more breakouts!!! And I've been getting compliments on my skin texture!! LOVE it!! I've also been asked what I've been using lately, and this is it!!! Also..acne scars are fading little by little..smaller pores..and very little blackheads, so little that I can actually count it!!! (I'm only using one cycle a night..about 10 seconds on each area.)
~~~EDIT: 04/09/10~~~
34th day/use: So, I've been using this for a little over a month now..and recently I've been lazy and haven't been wearing make up, just moisturizer and sunscreen; and I've been getting compliments on how smooth my skin looks and how glowy it is!!! Some even asked for my skincare regimen!!! I REALLY REALLY love this product!! it makes my skin look REALLLY good!!
~~~EDIT: 09/14/10~~~
I went on a little vacation last week, and forgot to pack my brush head back, so I had to order a new one from Ebay (for $11.75), and is now waiting for it. At this time, I haven't been using the Mia for about a week now, and I've noticed that my skin is becoming a little dull. It doesn't have the glow that I had when I was using the Mia. Can't wait till the brush head comes!!!

34 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by SFClaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love Clarisonic!
My pores are so well behaved
No longer craters

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just a wonderful tool! I love it for face circulation and I know it does some exfoliating.
The Mia is pretty small so it does not take up much room and fits easily into your hand. I have fairly sensitve skin and find it to be very gentle. The timer is so perfect for me as I sometimes over do things and more is not always better. Very quick and not at all tedious.
I use it at night, first removing my face makeup. A little gentle cleanser is placed on the brush. Then away I go.
Since I remove my makeup prior to using my Mia I cannot attest to how wonderful it would be removing a full face of makeup. There are times when I see a very little makeup on my brush head after using so I guess it picks up what is left of it.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
So far, the charging instructions are correct and I have had the Mia for a couple of months now.
I will not be without this ever and will probably give a few as presents next Christmas.