October 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by chcarolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST product to clean the face and help with acne. I have very bad acne prone skin and i have tried thousands of high end to drugstore and everything in between products nothing worked until i started washing with the clarisonic since it allows products to really go into the skin everything works i stayed with BP and i literally have the best skin i have ever had I LOVE YOU CLARISONIC since my skin is really delicate and sensitive i use the light blue brush twice and a rich cream <3 love

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this with the Normal skin head. This product really helped deep clean my skin. It makes your skin feel very smooth and nice. However, I think I overdid it a bit but jumping straight into using it twice a day because my skin got very dry :( I have stopped using it for the time being but overall I'm very impressed with the performance of the Mia. Just remember to slowly build up your skin's tolerance to this and use it in moderation. It will still give good results =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got my Clairsonic Mia a couple weeks ago, but so far - so good! My skin has really improved since using this & it's so, so easy to use! I really like that it's waterproof & can be used in the shower. After using this, I feel like my lotions & foundations absorb into my skin better & at the end of the day are completely removed with the Clarisonic. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Samantita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am returning my Mia today within the 30 day guarantee period. My cheeks were extremely red and uncomfortable after the first use. Even a heavy dose of my nighttime moisturizer did not help. I waited 3 days before using the Mia again and although my cheeks were not as red, they remained uncomfortable. Since I use minimal makeup--tinted moisurizer and lipstick only, I will return to my trusted washcloth to clean my face.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I definitely don't want to jump the gun, but I started using this yesterday and I swear I see a difference.My skin has been dull, dry and just overall difficult lately, despite the fact I've been washing, exfoliating and moisturizing regularly. Though I've heard such fantastic things about the Mia, my expectations were such that I'd have to give it a few weeks to see any progress.

Last night, I washed my face by hand with Purpose, and then put another pump of the cleanser on the Mia. I used it for one minute (it shuts off after your session is done) and used my usual serum and moisturizer.

I woke to better looking skin. It looks MUCH more plumped up, even and smooth and my makeup looks much more natural and seamless. I can't wait to continue using this, and hopefully see even better results.

*UPDATE*: On day # 5 and I can't believe the change in my skin! It's even, clear and smooth. This morning I woke up and was shocked at the fact I probably didn't need any makeup. Of course I wore some anyway :)

*UPDATE #2*: OK, I'm over a month into using this and my skin still looks fantastic. I use it daily, sometimes twice a day with Purpose cleanser and it stays looking clear, smooth and glowing.

*UPDATE #3* It's been nearly three months and my skin has never looked better. Even a friend commented the other day, asking what I used (he said my skin looked "like butter."). Still use the Mia daily, and my gaping pores are GONE, no dry patches and no uneven tone. I'm quite floored that I finally found a product that WORKS. Everyone should use this, for realz.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lnneddo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ookay.

I have acne prone, sensitive, oily skin. Hormonal cyst acne to be specific.

I bought this after reading 100 reviews and feeling as though it would be worth $150.00.

I had a 30 day return policy on it and I used it for 28 of those days before I decided it was doing NOTHING for my skin.

I'm sure this isn't the cause of my recent horrible break out because I stopped taking birth control about 2 1/2 months ago, but... I had hoped it would do something to help control my oil and leave my skin cleaner so my products would work better.

No benefits at all. Worse - in fact a lot worse. I'm pretty sad that it didn't help with anything but hey, I got my money back so no harm no foul.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is my new addiction. My skin is combination with enlarged pores and after 1 use I was glowing. I am 7 days in and I use less products and make up looks fantastic. Best investment I have made in the last few years!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I really don't know how to review this product. I read a million reviews before I broke down and purchased it, and the only reason I did is because I have a dream of having no blackheads on my nose or chin. When I first started using it, it was causing me to breakout, but I finally discovered that the clinique bar soap i was using was the problem (i think it had some bacteria on it). I was about to send it back, but changed the soap, and gave it another try. I am 2 to 3 months in, I use it 1 to 2 times a day, and my skin looks very nice (i did try the soap that comes with it, and it seemed to break me out, then i switched to clinique, and it got worse, now i am using a totally different cleanser and having no issues at all). i am not sure that it is helping with the blackhead and whiteheads I have on my nose and chin, but i do think it makes my makeup look smoother and makes my skin really glow. I would recommend it if you have the extra cash for a fancy way to clean your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After considering the regular size vs the Mia. I decided I didn't really need several speeds and would rarely, if ever, use it on my body. I've used this for a little over a month now and I can't say I've seen any miracles. My skin is a little clearer (I am prone to redness) and I can definitely see that it's cleaner. Because of the redness I only use it at night. At this point, I really have no idea if it was worth the price, but I do like how clean and smooth my face feels after using the Mia and I like how well my products go on after using it. It also cut down on winter flakiness. I will definitely keep up with using this and buying new brush heads as needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i keep flip flopping between whether i LOVE this product or hate it. I'm just gonna go through the pros/cons of this product, and my experiences with it.

PROS:
skin is very soft after using product
skin does seem very clean after use, (but theres really no telling whether it is THAT much cleaner than traditional methods)

CONS:
price
no real improvement in clarity/tone of skin
not great at exfoliation
head of brush kind of rough
not really pleasant experience using it (i don't find it soothing, or good feeling at all)

honestly, i don't know whether this improves my skin at all. i feel like if my products are working well, my skin will look good, and whether i use the clarisonic or not, doesn't matter. i do feel like my skin feels very soft after using it, but i still need to exfoliate. i feel like alot of it is hype, and i will probably continue to use it because i cannot return it and its alot of money in my opinion to waste. but would i repurchase if it broke or something? no, probably not. i guess if you are thinking about purchasing it, don't expect alot (like i did) because as far as cleansing it will do a good job, but as far as actually improving my skin, i don't notice any difference.

OH, and also, i definitely recommend if you have this, to buy some antibacterial hand soap and clean it after each use. i suspect that when i first started using it, it was causing breakouts because i wasn't cleaning it as often. the manual says to do it weekly, but i recommend it every day! DON'T make that mistake like i did!

+EDIT+ i suffered a massive breakout randomly from the products i was using, suprisingly using the mia (after not using for quite awhile) seemed to make the breakout lessen and go away much faster! And i cannot deny this makes your face just baby-soft after use! So, one lippie added because of that...BUT I still don't think its worth the price, its nice but still not a WOW product to me.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No