November 22, 2014 | 998 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ckirby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is wonderful. I use a Sephora Platinum #55 Airbrush foundation brush and it gives a medium coverage that doesn't look or feel heavy at all. You only need a tiny bit and it blends like a dream. I would say that it leaves a semi-matte finish because it's not completely dewy but it's not flat and powdery looking either. I do have oily skin so my face tends to get shiny after about 4-5 hours but that is to be expected and using a primer usually helps. I have a few blemishes and some acne scarring and I find that this foundation covers that very well. Nars Sheer Glow is an amazing buy and totally worth the money in my opinion :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave it some time before rating this. I've been wearing this a few days of the week since I've purchased it. It's a great foundation for me. I do not find it heavy, and it does not make me look oily as a lot of foundations tend to do after a few hours. It last a pretty long time; it didn't feel like a mask, my skin can 'breathe' and it gave me a nice finish. I do not like that it did not come with a pump. I have yet to purchase one. Other than that, will repurchase when I run out. Great foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried to love this foundation, gave it several chances, but it went back to Sephora. I'm NW20 so it was hard to match for us pink toned girls. Deauville was a bit light and too yellow. It would go on nicely but within a few hours it would cling to my dry spots. The coverage was good but it seemed to separate on my combo skin, sitting in my pores. I tried with my hands, damp sponge and a 188. Also, no pump??

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by minburke

This is the best foundation. I apply it with a 188 for light coverage, my fingers for medium and a foundation brush for heavy coverage and it's perfect every time. I'm a NW20 and wear the colour 'Fiji'. It's a bit pricey in Australia but teamed with the NARS 'Orgasm' illuminator it is definitely the best foundation I have had in a while. Also a plus it comes with or without SPF so great for anyone like me with allergies to titanium dioxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by greenteanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love LOVE this foundation. Before I used this, I hated liquid foundations for daywear -- I thought they were heavy, made you look fake and aged, and ruined your skin. So all I've ever worn in the daytime is concealer, and lately, pressed powder. For formal events and at night, I do wear liquid foundation for that really polished look that looks great in pictures and under nighttime lighting, but I would have never dreamed of wearing it during the day!
Then I decided to invest in Nars Sheer Glow. The first time I used it, I used a little bit more than a pea-sized amount all over my face and I didn't like it -- it was too full-coverage and made me look too fake. I dont' like my skin completely covered.
Then I tried using only about a half-pea-sized amount; I dotted it over my face, concentrating on the center, and blended it in with a stippling brush. The result was flawless, soft, dewy-looking skin that looked completely natural. It gave my skin a nice airbrushed effect and a glow, but it looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. It also doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. I guess now I've learned that with liquid foundations, it's best to use the bare minimum.
So this week, I've been wearing it daily; I use a tiny amount every morning, and I think the stippling brush is key. I used my fingers once and it didn't look as good as with a stippling brush. I don't set with powder because I don't want to swamp my face with products and I like keeping the dewy, soft finish of the foundation. It seems to last fine without setting powder.
I have normal skin (leaning towards dry sometimes) and this doesn't make my skin dry or accentuate dry patches; it's definitely more moisturizing than powder. I use a little moisturizer and Shiseido sunblock underneath.
I feel like it's made my skin a bit softer as well, and it hasn't made me break out. Mind you, I have nice, smooth skin to begin with; this just gives me that final airbrushed glow and covers up whatever spots I might have. I'm not sure how well this would work on people with a lot of acne, but for me, it's a definite HG!
(I use Fiji btw, which is light with yellow undertones, and it's a great match)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

After falling in love with NARS from their collection of Blushes (I still and will forever love NARS blushes), I decided to buy NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli.
I heard one of my favourite youtuber spoke highly of it, I immediately went out to my closest NARS counter to get a colour match and also to buy it. At the counter with all the superficial lighting, the SA matched me to Stromboli, which looked great right there right then.
After spending $200 at Mecca Cosmetica that day, I was feeling a little a dodgy already, and the last thing I need was for my foundation to be horrible.
I wore Sheer Glow for a week, and let just say I cannot justify the price of $99AUD for this foundation (Makeup in Australia is a real rip off). My first disappointment was the shade Stromboli has a very heavy yellow undertone which in natural/ordinary lighting did not match me at all, I looked like I was glowing yellow all the time. But nonetheless I was more into the quality of this foundation, so if the colour wasn't right I can just get an exchange no problem.
This foundation was very easy to blend, it is light to medium coverage, I dont believe I can build it up. It dries really quick to a slight powdery finish so I dont need to set it with a powder nor would I need a powder on top of this foundation. It feels very light on, but again durability is so poor it wont even last for 2 hours. rubs of on everything, by 11am my face will look like it's completely naked. It doesn't matter whether I used a good primer or not, this foundation was just horrifying to me.
Absolute waste of money, and this wasn't the only NARS liquid foundation I was upset with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I begin this review with a disclaimer. It is quite possibly I will love this very soon. I bought it in a blog sale for half the price of retail because I had been lemming it for so long. The first two times I wore it...amazing, absolutely beautiful. Long-lasting, dewy coverage. Then I wore it twice more...and eh, not so much. Even with my HG primer, it still wore off by the end of the day, something that hadn't happened the other two times. I have combination oily skin, but with my primer, even drugstore foundations stay all day. I did use a different brush the second time, so maybe that had something to do with it. But I will definitely keep trying because I love it at first so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

I bought this foundation for the first time several months ago. I tried it a several times and was not overly impressed so I put it away for a while. I pulled it out and started using it again a few weeks ago and I have really started to like it. The coverage is good when I apply it with a foundation brush. The first few times I used it, I applied with my finger tips and the coverage was a bit too sheer for me. It has a dewy finish and I do have to blot a bit during the day but nothing major. The packaging could be better but its as close to HG status I have found so far. I have fair skin and use the Light6 color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by patrixia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation and for now this is my HG! I use the color Barcelona and it was after watching youtube gurus review it that made me bought it. I have been using this for 8 months now. However, I have yet to find a way to use this during the summer season since I get all shiny and feels like it just melts on my face. Not crazy about the packaging too, it can be messy. It is a buildable foundation, I apply it using a make up wedge and doesn't dry up quickly so I don't need to rush when applying it on my face just like the way I do with my Revlon Colorstay.I have acne scars and used to break out a lot. I have very sensitive skin. Mac studio fix broke me out and for now am apprehensive trying Mac foundations. This foundation DID NOT break me out, gave me great coverage and blended well with my skin tone. I have tried a lot of foundations and so far NARS & Revlon Colorstay are the products that didnt cause my skin to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cloudaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have both sheer matte and glow because I love it so much!. Im in shade Deauville. OMG! ok let me tell you I have really bad acne on my chin area and with this foundation covers A LOT of it. Sometimes I dont even have to use my MAC select cover up concealer. It is greaaaat with the NARS powder. It last thru the whole day and its OIL FREE! which is great for acne skin like me. Goodbye MAC Helllo NARS!!