October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by bella4462

I hesitated for about a week before reviewing this product because I wanted to make an acurate review. This mascara does have its pros and cons. Also, this is not a multi-tasking mascara and is not intended for everyone. I have average length lashes but have no curl or depth to them "wimpy skimpy" lashes. I normally go for the volume formulas but wanted to try a lenghening one. First of all, this does NOT give volume at all nor does it give curl. I use a heated eye lash curler to create a curl before applying the mascara. This mascara is not intended for multiple coats as it will be a dry clump fest! Only apply 2 coats one immediately after the other as this product dries quickly. You can NOT apply more product later on in the day (no good). Also, the smell is offensive. But for me, the smell goes away once the product is dry about a minute. On a good note, this mascara does lengthen like it says it does. For me, it does hold a curl but only when using a eye lash curler and it does a great job w/ the bottom lashes. The mascara is a good black color and does not provide a "wet" look which is good for me..

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by marija14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i wasnt too thrilled with this mascara i mean ive used varities of mascaras and this one just left my eyelashes un-thick it clumped my eyelashes soo so so bad! and it was very watery!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For a DS mascara, this product was great. The lengthening power of this mascara was amazing; my lashes looked so long with this on, but not overly fake! This did flake a bit and the smell was a bit funny. Overall, for the price and the lengthening ability of this mascara, I would buy it again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by heykatay254

I don't understand why this product got such negative reviews. I absolutely love it!! It lengthens my lashes, but still gives them volume and definition. I bought it because of the adorable packaging . . . and wasn't disappointed at all. I love the unique brush, it really 'grabs' my lashes, making them unbelievably long. I also love the way my lower lashes look! This mascara makes my lashes look like mine, except SOOO much better! Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by cejgeorgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this , my lashes are pretty short and it gave me the length I desired. Best part though was that it did not dry my eyelashes out. Before I bought this my eyelashes were being pulled out of the root with cheap ds mascaras. I stopped wearing them until I found this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kidrobot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I've ever tried! It made my already defined lashes unbelievably long, but it didn't clump. This mascara is especially good for natural looking daytime lashes, and I pair it with a volumizing mascara for evening. Amazing product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: YIKES! I was merciful with 2 lippies, but recent use has knocked it down to one...I've only had this mascara for about 2 months, and it hardcore flaked into my eyes, and I wear contacts! I was on a date with my fiance for Valentine's Day and I spent a ton of time picking out black flakes from my poor eyes. NEVER AGAIN will I even touch this mascara!!

Ugh I wanted to like this SO much, especially after seeing it get rave reviews all over the makeup guru community on YouTube. I found it on sale at Meijer and eagerly snatched it up! I was sorely disappointed. I don't mind the smell, but if you guys are sensitive to it - BEWARE! It's pretty strong. There is no patent shine, and it killed the curl (and curl is one of the most important parts of enhancing my eyes in my opinion). Although it did provide a decent amount of length, the cons outweighed the pros by far. I'll be going back to lash blast after I use this one up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this mascara! it's funny how mascara can be such a personal thing. i think this does such a great job! it lengthens my lashes so much and it defines at the same time.
i cant think of any negative thing to say.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lillagah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yikes! i bought this because a friend of mine used it and her lashes looked awesome. however, mine didn't do so well. they ended up really straight. and my god, the smell!!! i keep getting little bursts of it all day long. it's some horrifying antique rose scent. i seriously debated going to the bathroom at work and washing it off. i think the packaging idea was cute, but that was the best thing about this product. will most definitely NOT be buying this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by keepasecret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The mascara tub was very unique and that was probably the main fact I got it… I have an obsession with mascaras and I but every new one that comes out I usually love ALL of Maybelline’s products. But this one just sucked… when I put it on all it did was make my already extremely long eyelashes longer and straight as a pole I was all around depressed by this product just because I loved the way the tube was shaped even though it hurt trying to open it….