October 26, 2014 | 1027 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Laurski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too light for my medium skin. I suggest only using it if you aren't tan-ish already. Good forumula and clever packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kjc91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice bronzer. I use it almost every day to give my pale skin a little glow. Like others have said, it can look a little muddy, but if you use a light hand to apply it, you get a nice color that you can layer to get the shade you want. Overall, this is my favorite bronzer and I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by reginageorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only bronzer I consistently buy. It can look a little muddy if you apply too much, but with a self-tanner on, it works great. I apply to my cheeks and forehead with a quick wash around my jawline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Most definately the best bronzer I have ever used. It has zero shimmer,unlike NARS Laguna, which is terrific if you are looking to create a natural look. It really is the color of a natural tan, and it has great staying power.I believe BeneFit not only has witty names for products and cute packaging, but they truly create great products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 1:04:00 AM More reviews by bermudabetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good matte bronzer for medium to dark skintones. I found this a little dark for my light skin. It has a nice light texture and I like the fact it is shimmerless. Cute packaging and brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 9:14:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Despite BeneFit's lack of seriousness in the cosmetic world, they have created several key items I can't imagine straying from. The blush-bronzer squares are such items (along with High Beam and Babe Cake eyeliner). I have used Dandelion for years; Georgia came next, and now finally, after noticing my normally fair skin is going more golden this year, Hoola. I don't wear foundation because I'm allergic to most but these powders don't irritate my reactive skin - a reason for me to be faithful to a brand. I like Hoola applied under a touch of Dandelion... skin looks flawless... You can overdo Hoola, like any bronzer. For me, (LLL), less really is more. The girl I bought this off had made her fake-tanned skin look blotchy and muddy with this product. I recommend using it without foundation and in moderation... but what a great colour and texture when you make it work!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2006 6:58:00 AM More reviews by leila12

I don't think that there is such a thing as a perfect powder bronzer..this one is the best I have tried. You *must* use this with a very light hand!! I use a big blush brush (the applicator brush it comes with will just create streaks) and lightly dust all over my face, focusing on where the sun naturally hits. Don't expect to look suddenly tanned just by applying this bronzer..a sunless tanner would be better for that. This bronzer should only be used for a little definition, or to darken a tan. The price is steep for what you get (the cardboard box is ridiculous), but it does not turn your face orange or red (something which most bronzers tend to do) and looks very natural and believable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by edenzs

I love this bronzer! Very little shimmer (may be matte) means that I can put it all over my face, and the color of the bronzer makes my asian skin look naturally tan (my face is paler than the rest of my body, which tends to be mexican tan in the summer) and blend in with my body. Great texture, great packaging. Excellent especially with a skunk brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Pam_Too

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LUV HOOLA! LUV it! I even love the cute cute box it comes in (and I have no problem fitting it in my handbag). For reference, I have cool toned highlighted blonde hair, light slightly cool/neutral olive skin, am lightly faux tanned, and I have brown eyes.

If you are olive complexioned and tan "rosey brown", as opposed to "golden", run and get HOOLA! When people describe HOOLA as "muddy", I wonder if they just have a very warm type skintone, or are very fair? Perhaps they need something more along the "coppery/bronzey brown", or maybe "golden brown" tones (NARS Laguna would fit this category). I think HOOLA can be made to work on just about every skintone, as long as it is used very very very lightly.

Looking at HOOLA in the pot (while in the shade), it looks like a matte, medium toned, neutral brown. Looking at HOOLA in sunlight, or once applied, you can see the subtle pink-brown overtone --making it just a bit more lively than a truly neutral brown. I'd call it a mocha brown (brown tinged with slight rose tone).

Applied, HOOLA is much lighter on my skin, than it looks in the box. However, I don't use this product over every inch of my face to fake a tan (use a faux tanner instead). Rather, I apply it much like I would a blush, lightly sweeping over forehead, cheeks, chin (or use as a contour shade), or use as I would a BE allover face colour: I apply it VERY lightly, and with a good quality brush. The HOOLA brush is useless, imho, and is better served as a keyboard cleaner. :/ I use my BE face brush, and the results are perfect: my face takes on a rosey-brown tan glow. NO orange-copper brown tones on me. YAY! Again, use a teeny tiny bit. I tried it on with a heavier hand, and with the brush the product came with, and yes...that does give a dirty face look. So, do use a professional quality face brush with a tiny bit of product. I think those with MMM or darker skintones would do well with HOOLA (it looks great on me as a contour shade, if I am faux tanned).

Fairer skintones may prefer NARS Laguna (which looks best on me when I'm at my palest only).

HOOLA is one product I'm definitely stocking up on!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by celinei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Benefit's products but this one just wont work for me. The color is too dark (& I have olive skin) and the brush is just too small & oddly shaped to get the right amount of product on there. If you can get just a bit of the bronzer on a bigger, fluffier brush it might be great. Maybe if you rip open the cardboard box it comes in and use a better brush, lol.