October 1, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really loving this primer! It has a gel-like consistency and is tinted, yet when you blend it into your lid, the tint disappears and it becomes clear...this leaves you with natural-looking lids, not white or beige lids like so many primers out there. It's very lightweight and is not drying. The packaging is a tube, which makes it both sanitary and convenient, and it allows you to access all of the product, unlike some other brands (cough, cough...looking at you, UDPP), and it also allows you to control how much of the product you are using so you don't waste any(looking at YOU, Stay Don't Stray!).

As for performance...this product is wonderful! As I stated above, there is no drying, yet my lids remain crease-free all day, every day. Shadow and liner colors remain true and really "grab" the eyelid, while still remaining remarkably blendable. No problems whatsoever. The price, IMO, is also reasonable at only $17.

Overall, a great product, well worth it's reputation! Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by melinhha

I absolutely love this product! My eye shadow stays on the entire day without any creasing! I also love that it comes in a tube because it's easier to control how much you use and its much more sanitary. I think the UDPP packaging is a waste because 50% of the product gets stuck in the tube. The only problem I've ran into with this is that it is a little too sticky, making blending a little bit more difficult. However, this is something I can deal with.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a Too Face Shadow Insurance (TFSI) vs Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP), so I will put this review on both product review pages. I use it with pigments:

Both these eyelid primers are excellent! Before I tried these, I actually thougth that eyeshadow were supposed to be so pale, and last so short. Then I tried these, and the shadows (even cheap ones!) lasted all night long, and the colors on my lids looked the same as the colors in the boxes/palettes!

So which one is the best? As I have read, TFSI works best on dry skin, while UDPP works better on oily skin. I can also see that UDPP dries faster on my skin. For me; TFSI is the holy grail!

Vibrant color: Both UDPP and TFSI is excellent here! I can hardly see any difference!

Lasting: They both lasts until I remove my makeup at night!

Ingredients: UDPP contains parabens and bismuth. I am not allergic of any of them, but I'm not too fond of parabens. TFSI contains bismuth. A little better than UDPP.

Blending: A known problem with these primers, is problems with blending. I have learned to add just a little shadow at the time, and add more and more. It works on both primers. I think TFSI is the best when it comes to blending (even if it could be better!). MAC #217 is a helpful tool here! Many say that you could put a skin toned eyeshadow all over the lid to make it easier to blend. And, yes, it MAKES it easier. But the vibrant colors are gone, only half transparent colors left....

Packaging: TFSI is great, it comes in a tube. When you get the last drop, its almost empty. It's easy to cut open the tube to get the last of it. UDPP is a hard bottle with an unhygienic applicator! I've seen videos how to get out the rest, but I'm lazy - when I do not get out more, I will throw it in the garbage.

Color: Both is invisible on my skin, which is good, I think! I want to use eye shadow to color my lids, not the primer!

Winner (for me): TFSI!! But UDPP is also great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MissButtons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't go without this product! It makes me eyeshadow stay on all day and I never get any creasing or smudging. It doesn't bother my sensitive eyes and a little goes a long way, the tube lasts months. I like this soo much better than Urban Decay's. Will buy over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What i really love about this product is the packaging. Unlike the UDPP the product comes in a tube which is genious. You dont waste any product what so ever. This formula is great. My shadow never creases and it pops the color of every shadow i wear, including the light pastels. This is very creamy and blends a little better than the udpp. I rotate them daily bc one is drying and the other is not. I reccommend this to people with dryer lids and udpp to people with oily lids. By both and rotate if your skin is combo like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by RockBella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with debbick, I too can't believe Urban Decay hasn't changed their packaging for their eye primer. I love Shadow Insurance, the texture is really nice and my eye makeup lasts all day. I used it recently and did a drama smokey look for a Valentines Party and I was too tired to wash my face when I got home (yes ladies I know thats terrible but I was so tired I went str8 to bed) but anyways when I woke up my eyeshadow and liner was exactly the way I had it the night before. It's pretty amazing and I will definately repurchase, I just wish it wasn't so expensive but I guess its worth it.

God Bless

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. I like it much better than Urban Decay Primer Potion which was too drying for me. This blends well and keeps the shadow bright all day. AND you don't have to cut the tube open to get the product out. (Can't believe Urban Decay hasn't fixed that yet!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this! TFSI is great for people who have dry eyelids.

I suffer from a dermatitis at time of the eyelids and TSFI moisturizes my eyelids. My eyeshadow blends and does not crease.

I feel that UDPP make UD eyeshadow brighter. UDPP burns my eye lids and I hate the container.

I think TFSI container is much more sanitary since you squeeze and blend what you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by smattituded

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great product, it does an awesome job keeping my eyeshadow on all day plus it really makes my eyeshadows more vibrant. I love how it provides a smooth base for eyeshadow application, plus it definitely keeps my eye makeup from creasing. The packaging is rather practical as compared to the UDPP as it's squeeze tube is more hygienic and allows me to control the amount of product I want. Having said that, I'll probably still repurchase the UDPP over this product though, as I find that the Shadow Insurance has a rather potent smell and can tend to get slightly greasy. Another problem I've had with this product is that I get an oily substance instead when I squeeze the tube sometimes, which can be rather gross. All that aside, I think the Shadow Insurance is a pretty decent product definitely well worth the price I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

By far my favorite eyeshadow primer! I dont know bout others experiences but I have very oily skin and eyelids and this works incredibly well keeping my eyeshadows matte. It also keeps the eyeshadow from creasing throughout the day or fading. I use it almost everyday and a little goes a very long way. I bought the tube I am using now in August and I have used maybe half. Great investment and a must have item for me. I cant think of one negative thing to say about this product. Gets the job done.