October 1, 2014 | 1891 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Still on the hunt for a good primer! I've been having a problem getting eyeshadow to last throughout the day so i don't have to reapply. UDPP has lost its affect now so i thought i'd give this a go. But no effect. Took it back and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Luckily I discovered MUA before I found out about shadow primer. Based on packaging I decided to go with this and couldn't be happier. It's been months now and I feel I can give a pretty good review.
First thing first after awhile you do need to lightly shake it to remix, because it does separate. This does not cause any issues with it performance but just something you have to get use to doing.

You only need a tiny bit for each eye, you'll figure out how much after a few usages. For me it about a 2-3 mm dollop for each eye. Lastly wait a few seconds for it to setup before applying your eye makeup, but not to long. I made this mistake when I brushed my teeth instead of applying my lip balm while waiting and it became grainy.

I've used it with plain eyeshadow and NYX Jumbo Pencil base, plus shadow and it has worked great either way.

Oh and I have tried UDPP from my palettes and prefer TPSI because it's not greasy/watery?, and the packaging is better in so many ways.

UPDATE (01/11/2011) Still loving!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by nopantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever eyeshadow primer and I can say, without a doubt, that this product is amazing. My shadow normally lasts 4-5 hours and 1-2 hours longer with a mac paintpot underneath.
But with This! It lasts my entire 12 hour shift and more. No creases, no smudging, nothing except my eyeshadow exactly the way I put it on.
A little bit goes a long way, and when it finally runs out, I will definately be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ashalicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this eye shadow primer, i always hated when i would put my eye shadow on and by the end of the day my eye shadow would be gone or be half on..but since i started using this my color has been better pigmented and has stayed on by the end of night. best money ever spent

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by gothamangel08

This is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever purchased. I have oily lids and this product works great as a primer! This is expensive for my liking. I love drug store products and will try to find one just as great! I have used this product for more than 6 months now. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Staying power? 5/5

Crease resistance? 5/5

Price? 5/5

Blendability? 5/5

UDPP or TFSI? Too faced, hands down.

This is a really good primer, I must say. It keeps my eyeshadow's on ALL day through whatever weather conditions. I've tried UDPP and I prefer this to the other. I like the texture of UDPP better, but it didn't make it as vibrant as with TFSI or last nearly as long. I'd highly recommend investing in this product. It makes even drugstore and no-name brand eyeshadow's look and wear like a 20$ eyeshadow. However, be careful applying too much - it's harder to blend out. Very, very little product is needed. I had the mini 3g / .011oz one and it lasted me over 6 months!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great shadow primer! I had first purchased UDPP for the rave reviews and quickly realized how much of a PIA the packaging would be. Still, I used it and decanted as necessary, but was hoping for a product in a better container would come along. And then came TFSI! Love the easy sqeeze tube - I can squeeze out just the amount I need and it lasts forever because you only need a little bit! The scent is a very faint kind of plastic-sherbet to me - can't smell it unless I put it right up to my nose. As far as shadow-pigment goes, I will admit that UDPP is better, but only to a certain extent because I don't wear bright purples,blues. greens and the like - also, I am very fair skinned, so even the lightest shades show up on me no matter what. In any case, what is most important to me is that my shadows and liners wear for 12+ hours with no creasing, smudging, smearing or the like! Now I will repurchase if necessary, but I have so many mini-tubes of this and full tubes of UDPP, so it will be awhile. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by MaLove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was a loyal Urban Decay Primer Potion user but quickly grew tired of having to "decant" the remaining product from the package. I picked up Too Faced Shadow Insurance only because it comes in a tube. Now I'm in love with it. My eyeshadow stays put from morning till night...and I almost always wear a bold-bright eye look. No fading, no creasing and best of all....no cutting the tube to get all of it out. A tiny bit is all I need so one tube lasts about a year, so well worth the money. Again...just a tiny bit is all I need...too much makes it "sticky" and you can't blend your shadow. Love this stuff...when I give eyeshadow as gifts (I love buying shadow palettes for gifts) I add a tube of Shadow Insurance. Beautiful product and will absolutely keep purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Kilikina616

This product was given to me by my cousin who is a manager at sephora. I used it the other day, and it worked really well. It was creamy and my eyeshadow lasted all night and DIDN'T crease, even after being at work for 7 hours (I work at a pizzeria in front of an oven ((Really HOT)).... I like it better than UDPP because it seems that with UDPP the little wand doesn't give you enough product. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Orenishigo

I got this product as a sample. I went to ulta 2 days ago, and I saw they had a sale on the lil purses that came with a mini mascara and a mini shadow insurance for $10, It was a steal. I had to buy it. Ive been wearing the primer since 8 this morning and its been on for 7 hours. My shadows still looks amazing! Very sanitary, and a little goes a long way!