October 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Luika718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings when it comes to this product. I can see how it is so popular because when I used it I did notice that my eyeshadows looked more vibrant...the one problem that I can't seem to get past though is the blending (or lack there of)! This product worked great for very light eyeshadow shades but any time I went any darker than even skin tone blending was such an issue! Personally, I would much rather have to touch up my eye makeup half way through the day than have that awful looking weird line in my crease. No matter how many ways I tried to apply my eyeshadows, light, layered, etc., I could not get that nice smokey blending of shadows without strange lines. Ive found that as long as you use high quality eye makeup (Bobbi Brown in great) a matte, light/nude shade as your base is all you need to prime the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I much much much prefer this to UDPP (better packaging, smoother, creamier, lasts longer). Works great as a base to both cream and powder eyeshadows as well as providing a base for pigments. I use my ring finger to apply and let dry for 30 seconds before applying shadow. I often layer with a paint pot because I usually need makeup to last 14+ hours, but even alone, it helps shadow stay for 12+ hours. I have not tested this with DS shadows, only HE with strong pigmentation, but I am very pleased with the product. Will def purchase again when I run out of this tube :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by mestuprancid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer, I think I prefer it to my UD primer potion, Its creamy goes on smooth and like its supposed to, it never creases my shadows.

the packaging is very easy to work with, i like that I can apply only the amount I want.

The only thing Is I wish it worked better on keeping my eyeliner on my lower lash line, although it can always be my eyeliner thats the problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by tiggernpooh

This is my first eyeshadow primer, and really, it's not even for eyeshadow because I only wear eyeliner but I didn't like how it smudged (I wear Urban Decay 24/7 by the way and though it's better than other eyeliners, I still find that it smudges on my bottom lashline.)

I had worn cream eyeliner (Stila Smudge Pots) directly underneath the eyeliner and it did not crease or smudge AT ALL. I was hoping for a similar effect with this primer but unfortunately, it's unsatisfactory. Though it prevents creasing on my upper lid, I still find that there is smudging on the bottom lid. Not as much as without, but I definitely expected better because of all the rave reviews. I was hoping it would work like the Smudge Pots did, but it didn't.

It still gets 3 stars though for the packaging and the fact that my upper lids didn't crease.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this primer. Urban Decay's primer potion irritated my eyes, and I found the Bare Minerals primer to be very wasteful. The squeeze tube is excellent, and I definitely prefer this feature, but that is its only redeeming quality. My shadows crease with this stuff as if I'm not using a primer at all, and I have not oily, not dry, average every day run of the mill eyelids. The true WTF moment for me was when my Urban Decay 24/7 liner faded and smudged. I would dare say those liners perform better WITHOUT the TFSI underneath. This was a waste of money for me, and probably the worst eyeshadow primer I've tried so far. I won't repurchase it and I don't recommend it. If you're looking for an eyeshadow primer, MAC Paintpots, HIP paints, even that very inexpensive Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow transformer wand perform better than this. Learn from my experience and save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great product! Makes me eyeshadow go on so smoothly, and prevents creasing all day. Sometimes I wear this alone as well and it's a nice nude color on my lids. I do have to say the price is very high; I paid $17 for this so hopefully the tube will last me a long time. HG worthy though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupwondergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's hard for me to say anything negative about this primer, since I'd heard so many glowing things about it, and how it rivaled UDPP in terms of quality. I've only used this stuff for three days, but it has yet to have any effect on my lids. The first day I used it, I assumed I'd used too much because my eyeshadow creased noticeably, so I tried less the next day, and even less the next day. There's still a lot of creasing after a short period of time, definitely no all-day-crease-proof-lids.
I'm really glad this works so well for the majority of people, but my experience has been less than stellar. The packaging, I will say, was marvelous.

Even though it didn't work for me (I'll be returning mine if it doesn't have any pay off by the end of the week), I would still recommend trying it! It works extremely well for some, so it might work just as well for you! =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Still on the hunt for a good primer! I've been having a problem getting eyeshadow to last throughout the day so i don't have to reapply. UDPP has lost its affect now so i thought i'd give this a go. But no effect. Took it back and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Luckily I discovered MUA before I found out about shadow primer. Based on packaging I decided to go with this and couldn't be happier. It's been months now and I feel I can give a pretty good review.
First thing first after awhile you do need to lightly shake it to remix, because it does separate. This does not cause any issues with it performance but just something you have to get use to doing.

You only need a tiny bit for each eye, you'll figure out how much after a few usages. For me it about a 2-3 mm dollop for each eye. Lastly wait a few seconds for it to setup before applying your eye makeup, but not to long. I made this mistake when I brushed my teeth instead of applying my lip balm while waiting and it became grainy.

I've used it with plain eyeshadow and NYX Jumbo Pencil base, plus shadow and it has worked great either way.

Oh and I have tried UDPP from my palettes and prefer TPSI because it's not greasy/watery?, and the packaging is better in so many ways.

UPDATE (01/11/2011) Still loving!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by nopantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever eyeshadow primer and I can say, without a doubt, that this product is amazing. My shadow normally lasts 4-5 hours and 1-2 hours longer with a mac paintpot underneath.
But with This! It lasts my entire 12 hour shift and more. No creases, no smudging, nothing except my eyeshadow exactly the way I put it on.
A little bit goes a long way, and when it finally runs out, I will definately be buying again.