November 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ahautepassion

Didnt work for me. UDPP is way better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me... I was hoping it would because I hate Urban Decay's packaging. This just did nothing for me at all. Very dissapointed. Returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by resipsaloquitur

I've been a UDPP devotee for years, but about a month ago my almost brand-new UDPP exploded (literally - a chunk of the bottom of the bottle blew off and product went everywhere) in my quart-sized zip lock bag when the airline made me check my carryon at the gate. Having basically thrown $18 down the toilet, since the product left in the bottle totally dried out by the end of my trip, and knowing that I have another flight coming up at the end of the month, I decided to try TFSI given the rave reviews on MUA and the packaging, which is 100 times better than the UDPP bottle. Unfortunately, TFSI didn't even come close to working for me. I've had better luck smearing some makeup primer on my eyelids (except for the burning that causes when it eventually runs into my eyes). Not only did the TFSI seem to separate, oozing a greasy clear liquid if I didn't store the tube upside down, but my eyeshadow was creasing and beginning to disappear by lunchtime, whereas UDPP lasts just about to the end of my 12-hour workday. The final straw was when I went to the bathroom after getting out of an important meeting and saw that my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner, which rarely smudges, had migrated to the fine lines at the corners of my eyes and spread beneath my eyes. That was enough to convince me to take the TFSI back to Sephora where I exchanged it for another UDPP. I'll just find a way to deal with it next time I have to fly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this over UDPP based on the reviews here but unfortunately this did not work out for me. It did make my e/s look brighter but I did find it crease where I had never had a problem with creasing before. Previously, I had been using my MAC concealer and that worked fine, but I wanted to see if this would last any longer. I tried this on one eye and my regular method on the other and was very conscious not too touch them (which I know I tend to do). This did no better in lasting and creased. I tried using from just a teensy amount to a larger dot but sadly, all methods were a no-go for me.
I tried this one b/c most recommend that if you have dry skin (I have eczema) this is better than UDPP. I really wished this would have worked for me because I do like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product recently and I really like it, it works really good on my oily eye lids. My eye make-up last on for a long time, almost all day, so that is why I love it! You don't have to worry about your eye shadow smudging. I would defenetly buy it again. The packaging, awesome!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by ninaknezevic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is superb. I put it on after foundation and before eyeshadow, and it doesn't crease one bit on me, even in humid weather. I have oily lids so I never used to wear eyeshadow before I found this (because it would crease and fade so badly I didn't bother).

I tried it once on bare skin (no foundation underneath) but it didn't work as well, so I stick to foundation first (mineral make up), TFSI, then eyeshadow. Even if I don't wear eyeshadow, it's a great primer for all of my non-smudge-proof eyeliners, which also fade very easily on my lids.

In Australia it's $34.95 and to me it's a bit on the expensive side, but a little goes a long way and I will definitely repurchase because it works so well on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Luika718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings when it comes to this product. I can see how it is so popular because when I used it I did notice that my eyeshadows looked more vibrant...the one problem that I can't seem to get past though is the blending (or lack there of)! This product worked great for very light eyeshadow shades but any time I went any darker than even skin tone blending was such an issue! Personally, I would much rather have to touch up my eye makeup half way through the day than have that awful looking weird line in my crease. No matter how many ways I tried to apply my eyeshadows, light, layered, etc., I could not get that nice smokey blending of shadows without strange lines. Ive found that as long as you use high quality eye makeup (Bobbi Brown in great) a matte, light/nude shade as your base is all you need to prime the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I much much much prefer this to UDPP (better packaging, smoother, creamier, lasts longer). Works great as a base to both cream and powder eyeshadows as well as providing a base for pigments. I use my ring finger to apply and let dry for 30 seconds before applying shadow. I often layer with a paint pot because I usually need makeup to last 14+ hours, but even alone, it helps shadow stay for 12+ hours. I have not tested this with DS shadows, only HE with strong pigmentation, but I am very pleased with the product. Will def purchase again when I run out of this tube :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by mestuprancid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer, I think I prefer it to my UD primer potion, Its creamy goes on smooth and like its supposed to, it never creases my shadows.

the packaging is very easy to work with, i like that I can apply only the amount I want.

The only thing Is I wish it worked better on keeping my eyeliner on my lower lash line, although it can always be my eyeliner thats the problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by tiggernpooh

This is my first eyeshadow primer, and really, it's not even for eyeshadow because I only wear eyeliner but I didn't like how it smudged (I wear Urban Decay 24/7 by the way and though it's better than other eyeliners, I still find that it smudges on my bottom lashline.)

I had worn cream eyeliner (Stila Smudge Pots) directly underneath the eyeliner and it did not crease or smudge AT ALL. I was hoping for a similar effect with this primer but unfortunately, it's unsatisfactory. Though it prevents creasing on my upper lid, I still find that there is smudging on the bottom lid. Not as much as without, but I definitely expected better because of all the rave reviews. I was hoping it would work like the Smudge Pots did, but it didn't.

It still gets 3 stars though for the packaging and the fact that my upper lids didn't crease.