BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 12/18/2008 12:19:00 AM

I love love love High Beam. I have a full size bottle I keep at home, and also a little mini one that I got in the Valley of the Stars set that I tote around with me in my purse.

I am a NC35/C3 depending on how much sun I've gotten. This highlighter works really well with my skin tone. I feel that the Moon Beam doesn't quite have enough contrast with my skin tone (weird I know, but I like having silvery/pink shades against my skin with everything from shoes to jewelry to make my tan pop or give my complexion a little oomph). It's super easy to use and not so liquidy that you have to worry about spills. I use it on my brow bones, my cheekbones, and my collar bones. Sometimes I swipe it down my shins if I'm wearing a dress. I also put a dab of it on my cupid's bow.

Of course, for just a day to day look I might just put it on my brow bones and a dab on my cheekbones. Shimmer doesn't always translate to the office environment. Sadly. I love this highlighter for the glow it gives me, very different from a powder highlighter.

on 12/6/2008 1:17:00 PM

i would buy again with a qualification. had i not read on here about dilluting it with cream or foundation, i would not have re-purchased. in full force, it lives up to it's name: like being blinded by headlights; not at all natural looking on me (i applied very sparingly, and with a brush, and then blended more with a sponge. now, i mix it with my spf day cream, and i love it! just a little dab does it - it still gives a great natural glow.

on 12/6/2008 12:21:00 PM

This gives a healthy glow, not too shimmery and fake like some other highlighters i've tried. I use it for my brow bone (so there's no need to buy Benefit's High Brow) and nose bridge too, really brightens up my face. Love it!

on 12/2/2008 8:13:00 PM

Love it! bought it a couple of years ago randomly and then regretted it thinking i wouldnt use it and i used to hate it - i was so wrong! i use this daily just a bit on my cheekbones and under my eyebrows and it really defines them, and if i want to look nice on a night out il mix just a little in with my foundation to give it that 'dewy' look. As i said at first i thought it was a waste of money but now i think its benefits best product and i love it, its lasted me ages too! only thing is i dropped the bottle in my friends sink so had to scoop out the liquid and stick it in another bottle, not a huge problemv - more my clumsiness, but not so great that its glass!

Ohh, also i dont use that nail varnish applicator because it is really bad, i use the one that i got with the mini set which is sort of spongy, and its much better, or just my fingers

on 11/30/2008 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've only used this once and it was because I had gotten a free makeover. It actually highlighted my cheek bones, considering I have a round face and no cheekbones visible at all. I was impressed with this but I don't know if I would buy it.

on 11/27/2008 9:56:00 PM

I only have a miniature version of this highlighter in a kit but I really like it. It has lasted me a very long time.

I usually apply this to my cheeks using my fingers or Mac 187 brush.

I recommend this and will most likely re purchase once I use up some other brands of highlighters I have!

on 11/23/2008 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The ultimate highlighter for a PPP like me! I've had lots of highlighters in the past - from the Stila powder ones to a decent white liquid Clinique one - but this is my new HG. It's the ideal shade of pale pink, you only need a little bit, and it looks extremely natural in and out of photographs. It wakes up the skin and is subtle enough to wear everyday, but striking enough for parties when used in larger amounts. It doesn't sink into pores or lines, shockingly! The price is good, I love the bottle and brush applicator, it applies evenly, and it doesn't break me out. What's not to love?

on 11/21/2008 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty standard universal highlighter. I personally donít like it very much because I have oily skin and it tends to absorb this so by the end of the day the nice dewy glow that I had is gone and replaced by an oily mess! I am also not too fond of the packaging. It could have been done so much better. On the other hand, this will pretty much last you forever since you only need a teensy bit to glow. Iíd recommend it for dry skinned chicas.
UPDATE: OK, so... I've started using this as a highlighter under my brows and it looks amazing! I'm going to upgrade this from 2 lippies to 4 lippies. The reason I won't give it 5 is because High Beam only looks good on my brow bones so its use as a highlighter is very limited.

on 11/19/2008 1:37:00 AM

I love High Beam! I have a small sample from a kit that is still going! Only problem with buying the big one is I don't like the applicator as much as on the sample!

on 11/15/2008 9:54:00 PM

This pretty pearly pink highlighter is great for summer, if your looking for a minimal make up look - or just want to epmhasise your cheek bones.

The bottle is a little useless and the applicator brush (it's literally like a nail polish bottle and it isn't the best tool to apply it with).

I dab the tiniest amount on my fingertips and just pat it along my cheekbones, down my nose, on the inner corners of my eyes and a little on my brow bone - I even think you'd could use it really really really sparingly on your temples too!

Repeat - you do not need to use alot at all, start with a small amount and work your way up if you need anymore - but most likely you will not.

I tend to apply this highlighter after I have applied my foundation, It blends better that way. To set the look I would reccomend a really light dusting of powder.

It's a little pricey for what it is - but I'd happily buy it again - but from the looks of it I can tell this is going to last me for ages.

Video Reviews & Tutorials