October 24, 2014 | 1860 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Whilst my hereditary baby-face may never be mistaken, this has certainly helped a bit in shaping those hidden cheekbones of mine. I am not really a fan of glitter or sparkly highlighters (or makeup in general), but the slight shimmer creates an iridescence. I like that it is a light pink-based colour rather than a golden yellow like Moonbeam. The packaging is slightly irritating though, as the glass jar does not make the product very portable. However, it stays on for a long time so I guess that makes up for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Benefit Highbeam is not a favourite product from the Benefit range of mine. It's one of those items I could most definately live without. Like all Benefit items, it comes at a price, and in Highbeams case it is a hefty 15.50 available from Debenhams Boots, or Selfridges.

Highbeam comes in a small glass bottle similar to that of a nail polish, though rounder and fatter in appearance. It is a clear glass through which you can see the pink pearl liquid. It looks like a sugar pink pearlised nail varnish and there is a brush attached to the lid which picks up a desired amount of the Highbeam ready for using. The liquid is a good consistency; it is not thin, runny, or ineffective. You can apply the Highbeam wherever you want the highlighting effect. I used it on my cheekbones & under my eyebrows, blending it in with my fingertips. I assumed it would catch the light nicely and give a very pretty sheen/healthy glow there. In all honesty, it didn't. It didn't leave my skin looking radiant or fresh...infact, I can't really say what it did, because it didn't do anything! If you looked right upclose to my face (with a magnifying glass...) you could perhaps see a slight bit of shimmer, but other than that, nothing. I don't think it flattered my skintone all that much either -- pink doesn't go too well with my olive skintone. I'd probably recommend this more towards the fairer skinned ladies.

I also find the blending a bit difficult over makeup...it ruins it because it just wipes it off.

On the plus side, the bottle does last a long time and you will find that a little of this product does go a long long way. I purchased the sister product to high beam - moon beam. The MA recommended this to me because of my skintone...she said moon beam was designed for tan/olive/black skin whilst the high beam was for lighter skintones. & I must say, I agree with her. I've had much more success with moon beam -- it gives me a radiant glow & makes me look fresh.

Wouldn't repurchase. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by HChristine90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nothing really special, The Body Shop and many other places sell highlighting and shimmering products. But I like the applicator which allows me to apply it on my brow bone area, inner eye corners (tear duct area), and above cheekbones. But again, nothing really special. The product fades after only an hour or less if not used above primer, foundation, and translucent powder and sticks to your fingers when blending so I feel like I might be wasting it. But still a cute product for a subtle look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a great value because the product does last a long time and it's great highlighter that doesn't look too disco for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice soft highlighter. Subtle enough for daytime use. Bottle is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by musicgeek00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic highlighter, its good for a more done up look for the day and excellent for the evening. Has great color, especially on my pale skin and doesn't budge at all =D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Sydneyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ohhh I love this stuff so much, it is definatly a beautty staple of mine. The colour is just perfect, pinky but not too shimmery. I also find that it blends really well! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by doodygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product I won't leave the house without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love it. This is an opalescent pale pink highlighter. Will work for most skintones (I'm NC30-35ish). Texture is great. Not too liquidy, not gel like either. Doesn't smell bad (for those who are "scentsitive"). Hasn't caused any breakouts either. This does an amazing job of brightening my face. I have very dry skin and this helps give my dull skin such a pretty glow. It's great for highlighting under the brow, inner eye corners and cheekbones. I've used it mixed in with foundation and even my body lotion. I've yet to find anything at a DS that compares so I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lessy

I really like this product. I have fairly oily skin and so never felt the need for a highlighter, as "glowing" was not a problem. However, after trying High Beam on my round face, I finally looked like I had cheekbones! Yay! Very easy to use and gives a subtle, daytime and work-appropriate glow.