August 28, 2014 | 1151 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

Definitely, definitely HG material. While I cannot say that it's better than my beloved UDPP, I can see Painterly as being perfect for anyone with dry/not so oily lids. It's a pale, creamy beige color without any sparkle or shimmer. It goes on super creamy but dries to a semi-powdery finish. On my lids alone, it brightens my whole eye area and makes me look more refreshed/awake (it is a few shades lighter than my skin tone). The slight creaminess of the product's formula really makes eyeshadows more vivid and keeps them from fading away better than UDPP alone. I have SUPER SUPER oily lids so if I apply Painterly only, my shadow will eventually crease. However, a thin layer of UDPP underneath a THIN (amount is key... too much and it will crease) layer of this paint pot is perfection. My eyeshadow will stay put all day (even in the Houston humidity and heat) while not fading at all. I also think that this paint pot makes eyeshadows a million time more blendable. With UDPP by itself, any attempts at blending turns my eye makeup into a muddy mess. The UDPP + paint pot makes blending easy and prevents my eyeshadow from muddying itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Don't know why I would shell out 18 dollars for some UDPP, when 1) The Bottle sucks like @!)* 2) Dries up faster, though it does give color payoff 3) Waste product, 18 bucks is a lot for three months, yo. Sooo... now the pluses about paint pot (lol), I learned from artist at mac how to be more self-conscious about hygiene. Which is to simply scrape off the product straight from the paint pot with a mini spatula. This will last you monthssss. Probably bought my first pot more than 3 months (?) ago, still only used 25%. So ladies, if you're looking for a good base for everyday, this is it. Personally, I think the paint pots worth looking into are (at least from perm. line) Painterly, Rubenesque, Greenstroke, Bare Study, Indianwood, Soft Ochre. anddd... You can B2M this when your done. I know sephora has all those other brands that are similar (even in color) as paint pots, but IMO I feel so confused everytime I go into that store (lol). But then when I find stuff I like and go to the register, I freak out b/c of the price I have to pay, sighs. Anyway, starting to get into a rant about other topics, lets just keep it simple. Holy Grail Status. Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it. Makes my aging eyes look creamy smooth. Screw UDPP. Hello, Painterly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has become an HG product for me. It's so close to the actual shade of my eyelid (NW25) so it evens everything out, hiding all of the darkness, discoloration, imperfections, etc...
Makes a much better eyeshadow base than UDPP, IMO because it doesn't suck all the life from my eyelids. It feels nice going on. I apply it with the MAC 242.
I want to run out and buy all of these now. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by sanfrancisco48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful base for MAC pigments. It holds the pigment in place, brightens the color, and it doesn't crease on me. I also use it for regular eyeshadows, too, but naturally I put UDPP underneath everything to begin with. I love MAC's paints and was happy with the tube configuration, but these new pots seem OK to me now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by missgiggly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with Rubenesque, and thought I'd love the shimmer p/p more but this one seems to go on much smoother, and creamier. It also is a great base for my skin tone, and it made a colour like Sumptuous Olive pop out more, than when I used any other blank base. (Using Sumptuous Olive over Rubenesque made it seem more 'Golden Olive' - not a bad thing) But I love this, and will definitely buy it again. I happen to love the little pots, and would prefer this over a tube any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by bronzebabe19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This jar is huge and the amount will last me a lifetime! Painterly is a flesh toned with pink hues, matte color. It makes a great eye shadow base. The pink hues brighten up and even my lid area, and it helps my eyeshadow stay put all day! I haven't tried or bought UDPP as my eyelids are already dry. The UDPP I'm afraid would make them look crepey, so Painterly is the pick for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now this is what I use for eyeshadow base! The girl at my MAC counter suggested I'd try this and voilá! Works like a charm! It keeps my eyeshadow where it's supposed to be and one jar lasts a lifetime.

Will definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by clueless2mu

Don't like. If you have to careful with the amount of product you apply to your eye lids. The first time I used it I think I applied a little bit too much and it made my eye area so pale. Maybe I chose the wrong color. Also, I did not find it easy to apply on lids using my finger like Urban Decay Primer Portion (UDPP). With this produce I suggest you apply it using a brush and move fast. Didn't care for the way it felt on my lids and I found it to crease. I think I will stick to UDPP and Painterly is going back to MAC this week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! Without a primer or base, eyeshadow tends to fade away on me, which is a really disappointing experience when you've worked so hard on your EOTD. That will never happen to me, thanks to Painterly! It matches my skin perfectly, doesn't break out my sensitive skin, and creates a great base that holds my eyeshadow on all day. My only complaint is that it's hard to remove from a brush during a quick brush cleaning, but it isn't a problem when I'm doing a thorough cleaning. I'm going through my first pot quite quickly, and I will definitely buy it again.