July 25, 2014 | 1025 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ViviBR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this because I love it! It is in my purse everyday and I use it to every makeup and touch up. I'm W20 in MAC Select Sheer Powder and my color in Dream Matte Pressed Powder is Cream Light 4-5. Maybe, in summer, it is a little lighter than my skin, but it is normal. I'm satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kristennlaurenx3

so let me just say, this is not a powder foundation whatsoever, it does not give any coverage whatsoever, strictly a finishing powder. With that being said, i love this powder! HG STATUS right here lol. This powder holds foundation in place all day, takes away shine, and give a matte yet natural look. its truly amazing, it also somewhat blurs everything out. ahh i love it! I use it to set my revlon colorstay which i never used to set with a powder but then i decided to give dream matte a try and let me tell you the result are superb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I was initally a bit disappointed when I bought this, as I expected it to be a mircale worker, judging by all the great reviews this had received. When applied alone, with a brush, it just wasn't great. It took the shine away, but that was about it. However, when I used the product to set my concealer and foundation, with a puff, it was pretty good. After letting the product *melt* into my face (not sure if that's the right way to describe it), but my face looked flawless and healthy. There was no shine, but a nice glow, and it did not cake or set into any lines around my eyes. It is a great product for my combination skin, as it has not made me break out, and I don't need to reapply throughout the day, maybe a touch here and there on 12 hour days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this powder because a lot of people have said that it's comparable to MAC's MSF Natural. It makes my skin look and feel very soft but noticeably chalky (but that's nothing that a spritz of water won't fix). The finely milled texture can be a little messy depending on what brush I use, and the powder itself has a strange scent. As far as coverage goes, I think most people would be pleased, but it's a little much for me (it covers my freckles, which I don't want in a powder--I love my freckles!), but it minimizes the appearance of my pores. I still prefer the MSF in terms of coloring, coverage, and overall finish, but this powder is a great alternative for someone who doesn't want to spend up to four times as much money on a similar product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I had high expectations for this product because of all the rave reviews, and I was not disappointed! The packaging is a bit bulky and cheap-looking, but I'm fine with that because it does house a nice little mirror and powder puff. I actually use the puff because it has a soft and silky texture. The product itself is wonderful. It gives me matte skin without looking cakey or unnatural. I love using this to set my liquid foundation and to touch up any oily spots that pop up throughout the day. I'm "Light 4 (nude)" in the Maybelline coloring system, but the Dream Matte Powder in "Medium 0-1 (Sand)" matches me very well. In fact, it might be a little too pale and beige for my warm yellow-toned skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mellysparkles

I wanted to love this product so much. For the first 2 days I thought it was great. I got it at my Walgreens for $4 and it gave me a really nice finish (almost chalky though). Then, it broke me out :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by avocado1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I was very excited because this powder made my skin look all smooth and soft, almost flawless.
But, alas, it breaks me out after only one day of use:(

If you don't have terribly sensitive skin, then I reccomend this product to you:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mandababyxo

I love this stuff! I have had it for awhile. I didnt use it becaue I got a MAC MSF so when I ran out I started using the Dream Matte Powder. I still love it! great coverage, not chalky, not cakey

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I guess I am the minority here, but I purchased this b/c of all the rave reviews. I don't think it works as well as my L'Oreal Infallible 16 hour pressed powder. It looks more chalky, white, and powdery. L'Oreal is more smooth, blurred, and looks more natural on my skin. I will test it out a few more times to see if I can get it right... maybe I applied too much. I always apply my pressed powders with a puff to set my MU (works like a charm!)