Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 2/16/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It mattifies, yes. It's a bit too yellow. It lasts a decent amount of time. I hate that the puff is in a swing-out compartment in the bottom; it feels clunky. I like Rimmel mattifying powder better, but the Rimmel version doesn't even come with a puff. Cheapskates!

on 2/16/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Good mattifying powder but, unfortunately, every time I use it I get clogged pores and/or a pimple (I never use the puff -- only a brush). I will keep shelling out $ for MAC Blot.

on 2/15/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this based on the recs on the board--it was 40% off at Walgreens and I needed some sort of powder. This is not a great powder, but not a bad one either, sort of bleh. It appears natural, but doesn't seem to have an exceptional staying or even mattifying power.

What is great about it is the packaging: a slide out bottom tray with puff and mirror, that locks shut. But we don't buy makeup for the packaging, do we?

on 2/13/2010 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i just bought this product. coverage is ok, good for running to the store etc..nothing crazy...makes my face feel really smooth which i like. the color is a bit pinkish, would prefer if it's more neutral toned or even a little yellow-er...the funny thing is, after a few hours of putting this on, my face gets soo itchy around my jawline and i'll have to wash it off. this is my third day using it and i haven't broken out from it yet. but does any of you know what ingredient is in it that is making my face itch? please send me a message if you do. i don't want to waste this product as i like how it makes my face smooth, but if it continues to make me itch, i'll have to toss it.

on 2/13/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't know how to classify my skin type. I had acne a couple of years ago for which I went on accutane but now my skin is zit-free (which I do attribute to my skin regimen). Nevertheless, my skin gets oily during the day but it doesn't look oily/shiny, it just.. feels? -oily. My pores are not large either.

In any case, I wanted something that would give my skin a subtle glow while hiding my past acne marks (though of course I don't expect something like this to cover them completely).

So I found this somewhat chalky and too drying (at least for the first couple hours after which it was ok). I didn't like the finish either.

This probably would be better if I had more oily skin or had shine issues, which I thankfully don't. It does mattify (too mattifying I guess for me-- almost chalk). It's not 100% matte though, just fyi. It does have a hint, just a hint, of sparkles that is really barely noticeable but probably helps give that added glow.

So long story short, great for oilier skin (and it turns out Paula Begoun agrees in her book).

As far as packaging-- it's all right. I like that the mirror and puff are separate but the twisty thing was sort of annoying.

Lastly, I tried to wash the puff and the puff part get a bit separated from the back. I also wish that the puff was white instead of cream so I could gauge when it needed to be washed.

Overall the product is good, but just not for me.

i bought this with the expectation it would live up to MACs MSF natrual. I was extrememly disappointed. I used this powder to set my revlon colorstay. It was just way too cakey. Also, by the end of my day (about 6 hours!) it was very blochy and practically gone on my t zone. would not repurshase! Im gonna stick with my stay matte.

on 2/11/2010 10:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this because I love it! It is in my purse everyday and I use it to every makeup and touch up. I'm W20 in MAC Select Sheer Powder and my color in Dream Matte Pressed Powder is Cream Light 4-5. Maybe, in summer, it is a little lighter than my skin, but it is normal. I'm satisfied!

so let me just say, this is not a powder foundation whatsoever, it does not give any coverage whatsoever, strictly a finishing powder. With that being said, i love this powder! HG STATUS right here lol. This powder holds foundation in place all day, takes away shine, and give a matte yet natural look. its truly amazing, it also somewhat blurs everything out. ahh i love it! I use it to set my revlon colorstay which i never used to set with a powder but then i decided to give dream matte a try and let me tell you the result are superb!

on 2/9/2010 10:34:00 PM

I was initally a bit disappointed when I bought this, as I expected it to be a mircale worker, judging by all the great reviews this had received. When applied alone, with a brush, it just wasn't great. It took the shine away, but that was about it. However, when I used the product to set my concealer and foundation, with a puff, it was pretty good. After letting the product *melt* into my face (not sure if that's the right way to describe it), but my face looked flawless and healthy. There was no shine, but a nice glow, and it did not cake or set into any lines around my eyes. It is a great product for my combination skin, as it has not made me break out, and I don't need to reapply throughout the day, maybe a touch here and there on 12 hour days.

on 2/9/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this powder because a lot of people have said that it's comparable to MAC's MSF Natural. It makes my skin look and feel very soft but noticeably chalky (but that's nothing that a spritz of water won't fix). The finely milled texture can be a little messy depending on what brush I use, and the powder itself has a strange scent. As far as coverage goes, I think most people would be pleased, but it's a little much for me (it covers my freckles, which I don't want in a powder--I love my freckles!), but it minimizes the appearance of my pores. I still prefer the MSF in terms of coloring, coverage, and overall finish, but this powder is a great alternative for someone who doesn't want to spend up to four times as much money on a similar product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials