April 17, 2014 | 1687 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

i keep going back to this again and again, even though my snobby self would love to use something that looks classier / more stylish / prettier! (seriously though, apart from the lack-of-glam factor -- and since kate moss is rimmel’s face, it should be a bit better than this! -- the style of packaging doesn’t worry me too much). the large flat surface area means you can get the biggest fluffiest brush all over it in one go. it’s impossible to look over-powdered or chalky. the colours (i use the translucent one) are natural and great. it gives a soft matte look, even on the days you just wear some moisturiser and sunblock (ie, no foundation) – it doesn’t necessarily give the coverage of a foundation, but it mattes you down nicely. have to admit the matte doesn’t last all day (especially on a hot day when you’re bound to get a little ... shall we say glowier!) but when you re-apply, it goes on again well, no dramas. a good reliable product! (in australia it’s pretty cheap compared to other “drugstore” brands, too).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by amarock

This is my staple powder - I actually really like the packaging of this powder because the surface is large enough to dust my face brush over it. I don't carry this in my purse so I don't have issues with the lid coming off. The lid does tend to get looser and one of mine cracked. As for product performance, it works just as well as the more expensive department store brands that I've used in the past. It's not chalky and I like that it doesn't have a scent to it. I use the Translucent colour and I've repurchased it many times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by arp4235

This powder proves that you don't have to pay a lot for great results. I have breakout-prone skin and I think that this powder has actually helped to squash breakouts by curbing oil. I use Sandstorm 004 on my fairly light skin and it blends perfectly. If the packaging is what allows them to keep the price so low (approx. $2.50 USD) then I am all for it. The stuff that is inside is what mattahs most to muah-self. Good enough to use in place of foundation on good days. Great stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by icedxxlemonade

average.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this in Translucent. It sets foundation well and makes it more matte if I've gone a bit too shiny. Very good value, but as other have said, the packaging isn't too hot. The lid comes off easily (as was demonstrated the other day, lid came off, powder cracked, messy makeup bag) and there's no mirror or anything to apply it with. I'm considering investiging in a higher end powder next, but I would buy this again if I was a bit strapped for cash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 11:14:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great basic powder in an old style theatrical plastic container--kind of like a Max Factor pancake container, only the top doesn't stay on well. I got this in 001 transparent and it suits my MAC NC15/20 complexion well! Quite cheap, quite nice. Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by niff524

i LOVE this powder!!! i got this after reading some positive reviews, and i fell in love on the first day! i got it in Translucent, a really nice, sheer, yello-based colour. It's got medium coverage, i apply this over my concealer with with a puff, and my make up could last all day! due to my ridiculously oily skin, i still have to blot my face every few hours but i wouldn't complain. i gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of the rather awkward and unattractive packaging- just a pan with nothing to apply the powder with! it hasn't got sunscreen in it which is another thing that prevented me from rating it 5 lipsticks. overall a great product though! it's cheap, and i think the pan will last me virtually ages!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JessiDayle

I have this in "Sandstorm" and it is the perfect match for my skin. It really is a great powder! I'm impressed with the quality for the price. I'm not big on spending big $$$ for make-up...maybe I'm a rare breed! I really like Rimmel products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 2:46:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't remember what I paid for this, but I remember thinking it was a great value. I bought this in Translucent, since I wasn't sure the other shades were deep enough or yellow enough. I find that it's best applied with a powder brush lightly over moisturizer and/or foundation. It definitely, definitely extends the matte-ness of my foundation and reduces the number of touch-ups dramatically. I wish the packaging was a compact--like the other reviewers said, the lid slides off so easily. But despite that, this powder is fantastic for doing its job and the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally a good pressed powder for only around $3.00, goes on smooth and silky sets foundation nicely. Does control oil breakthrough well. However I bought "translucent" and its way to pale. I am light but not that light ( I normally use CG fresh look in translucent light) I also don't really care for the packaging- would much prefer a flip up compact instead of a screw "pot" type. If you can find the right shade and don't mind the packaging its a great deal!